IGNORED

Bates 29: Marrying Off the Sons

Coconut Flan

Yes, either you believe in waiting til marriage for the more intimate physical acts or you don't. A few kisses won't make you both rip you clothes off, although if they truly prefer to wait that's their choice as well.

Premarital sex with more than one partner hasn't shit on my marriage.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Yes, either you believe in waiting til marriage for the more intimate physical acts or you don't. A few kisses won't make you both rip you clothes off, although if they truly prefer to wait that's their choice as well.

Premarital sex with more than one partner hasn't shit on my marriage.

I have a similar take on the situation. Whatever choice you make, let it be that. Your choice. Wait or don’t. What I don’t like is the idea that a marriage could be so fragile that someone having previous sexual partners will just shred the marriage to ribbons. It just seems so simplistic and hollow of a reason to me. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

On 4/24/2021 at 7:06 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Gil & Kelly both kissed before marriage and the devil didn't leave hell to search for them.

HA! This is a great expression.  And I love the idea/visualization of the devil coming out of hell to search for them, because I'm fairly certain that there is some shit he knows on them. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

On this line of thought can you imagine if God himself one day come down on the earth for like a vacation? (Afterall paradise have to be kinda boring century after century) if the Bates meets him (kinda like Lucifer in the first season going around LA to scary off, street preachers) how do you think they will react? I feel like they will try to argue that he can be right because the Bible (well their Bible) said another thing and so does preacher X Y and Z. I would pay to watch that show ?

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

There is a lot more to a successful marriage than sex.

My great grandparents were married for 75 years. I don’t ponder their sex life but common sense tells me they didn’t have much of a sex life in those last few years. But I’m sure that didn’t matter because there was much more to their marriage. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

Below are comments from the Bates family blog run by lily and her mom. These comments come from a clip from last nights episode. I think it is great that fans aren’t buying into the alert crap. 

Spoiler

CC742EA9-E5FB-4186-BED8-D953724AE800.thumb.jpeg.dfc69ee866766929822275dd14191c9f.jpeg57CAE572-3FED-4F69-9259-E7FC12284CBF.thumb.png.1444ed85d5916325760e5d5b79d3395a.png

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 6

13 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Below are comments from the Bates family blog run by lily and her mom. These comments come from a clip from last nights episode. I think it is great that fans aren’t buying into the alert crap. 

Hide contents

CC742EA9-E5FB-4186-BED8-D953724AE800.thumb.jpeg.dfc69ee866766929822275dd14191c9f.jpeg57CAE572-3FED-4F69-9259-E7FC12284CBF.thumb.png.1444ed85d5916325760e5d5b79d3395a.png

"WRONG IDEAS" ughh, I want to punch that person in the face so bad.

*Sorry if i'm too aggressive, I'm experiencing pregnancy intolerance to everyone who's stupid. Lol!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

"WRONG IDEAS" ughh, I want to punch that person in the face so bad.

*Sorry if i'm too aggressive, I'm experiencing pregnancy intolerance to everyone who's stupid. Lol!

I like the comment about their faith cracking if they meet other people than its not strong faith. That is absolutely true. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Sorry if this has been already discussed, but it seems that there are a lot more girls working for the Boutique than in the past. I know that their business has grown a lot. Does anyone know who these girls are? Any possible relationships between the boys? In the past, I remember that was the indication that a relationship was brewing. 

this girl specifically looks familiar but I can’t seem to place her...

4F40B0EF-4372-41A8-A0F4-83FF20341FE2.png

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Sorry if this has been already discussed, but it seems that there are a lot more girls working for the Boutique than in the past. I know that their business has grown a lot. Does anyone know who these girls are? Any possible relationships between the boys? In the past, I remember that was the indication that a relationship was brewing. 

this girl specifically looks familiar but I can’t seem to place her...

4F40B0EF-4372-41A8-A0F4-83FF20341FE2.png

That's Alana Ford and she's engaged to someone. I can't remember his name.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

When the physical boutique opens up they will surely have to have a staff. With all those little kids the women can’t be there constantly. 

• Upvote 5

On 4/30/2021 at 10:04 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

Hide contents

They can't stay true to their faith if they have to live and work around other faiths? Seems like a pretty weak faith if they so easily leave it.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It’s funny how fundies like to blab on about how important it is Edie a mother to be a SAHM and not an evil working mom. Yet so many fundie moms work long hours on jobs that have nothing to do with taking care of the kids or the home.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

When the physical boutique opens up they will surely have to have a staff. With all those little kids the women can’t be there constantly. 

One of them, can't remember which one, said they had 5 employees now.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Mom to Nell said:

One of them, can't remember which one, said they had 5 employees now.

Lawson also mentioned it in a facebook live a couple weeks ago. He also said the storefront was already open, but when he said that i though it was like a physical store where people could go to buy the clothes in person, and if thats the case where is this store? wouldnt we have heard something? maybe they just mean like a bigger warehouse?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Ok, I'm just being nit-picky but that dress a few posts up looks like it was too long so they just tied it in a knot to get it off of the ground (I am yet again hearing my grandmother's voice coming out lol). And it seems like their dresses are just endless combinations of patterns that ultimately are just what I would call a t-shirt dress. I don't get the decor and I don't get the clothes. OMG the decor. They are going to branch into DECOR and will have a store for all things beige and shiplap and neutral-spined books. Ack!

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Ok, I'm just being nit-picky but that dress a few posts up looks like it was too long so they just tied it in a knot to get it off of the ground (I am yet again hearing my grandmother's voice coming out lol). And it seems like their dresses are just endless combinations of patterns that ultimately are just what I would call a t-shirt dress. I don't get the decor and I don't get the clothes. OMG the decor. They are going to branch into DECOR and will have a store for all things beige and shiplap and neutral-spined books. Ack!

So since they're branching into decor do you think Jill Rodrigues will order stuff from them and try to promote them? We. Know how much she loves to decorate.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/2/2021 at 4:57 AM, llucie said:

Lawson also mentioned it in a facebook live a couple weeks ago. He also said the storefront was already open, but when he said that i though it was like a physical store where people could go to buy the clothes in person, and if thats the case where is this store? wouldnt we have heard something? maybe they just mean like a bigger warehouse?

As I understand it, they are going to open part of their new warehouse as a storefront. At the moment, the front part of the warehouse is mostly empty and they are using it as an office. They don't have anything set up yet (except the toilets which have been decorated by Erin). At some unspecified time in the future they will open their shop there. In the back they have a big space for storage and shipping.

I was surprised to find out that they have 4 full-time + 1 part-time employees. Business must be booming. I assumed there were a couple of girls helping out a bit but it's much more than that. I wonder how many hours the owners themselves still put in, apart from modelling clothes.

I also wonder if they pay Kelly and the other sisters for modelling and if so, how much.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Paperplate said:

As I understand it, they are going to open part of their new warehouse as a storefront. At the moment, the front part of the warehouse is mostly empty and they are using it as an office. They don't have anything set up yet (except the toilets which have been decorated by Erin). At some unspecified time in the future they will open their shop there. In the back they have a big space for storage and shipping.

I was surprised to find out that they have 4 full-time + 1 part-time employees. Business must be booming. I assumed there were a couple of girls helping out a bit but it's much more than that. I wonder how many hours the owners themselves still put in, apart from modelling clothes.

I also wonder if they pay Kelly and the other sisters for modelling and if so, how much.

Good thing I'd already swallowed my coffee! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

Erin reposted a picture from Lawson wishing her happy birthday and put on it that she is grateful for another sister in law. 

• Upvote 9

What a bunch of rubbish. Look at the family of the other big speaker at Big Sandy. The Duggar family’s biggest enemy is within their family. Fundies need to stop pretending everyone else is the enemy and take a look at themselves.

91254939-5BEA-47EA-A537-4B350066D8BC.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 5

Pretty sure the Spiritual Forces of Darkness were already right at home inside Josh Duggar's laptop. 

As for Bates Sisters models, I wouldn't be surprised if their only payment is getting to keep the shoddy dress they modeled (which will probably fall apart after a few washings) and the little thrill of having professional photos on social media.  Nothing wrong with that--I had friends model for a local store back in college, and they just got to keep the clothes (which were nice).

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

You can watch the video of Gil for free on Embassy media. It is from 2020, but this is for sure a dig at Josh. The bit I could get through Gil was ranting about people letting evil into their lives through the computer or cell phone. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

24 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

You can watch the video of Gil for free on Embassy media. It is from 2020, but this is for sure a dig at Josh. The bit I could get through Gil was ranting about people letting evil into their lives through the computer or cell phone. 

His daughters and sons are constantly on social media. Constantly. So I don’t really think he has much room to talk. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic