IGNORED

Bates 29: Marrying Off the Sons

Coconut Flan

I want to add that the UP statement isn’t 100% accurate since the Bates family had 5 kids in their 20s when UP started filming. Along with 3 kids already married. They say it was a family with teens and young kids and that’s true. But they also had adult children. They never had 19 children that were all actual underage children. They always had some adult children in there too. Now they just have more adult children. But they still have teens and kids that aren’t teens. I’m just saying UP sounds like they are just making excuses. Because weddings are big ratings boosters and they were going to play Nester’s wedding. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

Well, I was wrong.  I guess UP does have a backbone.  Good riddance, Bates.  

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

Did anyone else see the US magazine article about the Bates being canceled? UpTV decided to not air new season in February. Not a Bates fan but I hope they still get paid for footage that has already been filmed.

If you're not a fan why do you want them to get paid for putting a shiny façade on hateful views?

22 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Do you think advertisers pulled out over the George Floyd remark?

That was over a month ago I think and many people complained and they didn't pull it until now.

Maybe some shit came up with the IBLP documentary being filmed and someone tipped off UP?  Pure speculation but good riddance.

• Upvote 14

UP is so different from TLC. When Josh was arrested for CSA, TLC didn’t pull the plug right away. I get that he wasn’t on Counting On. But you would think they would have made a decision quicker than that! They took months to cancel the show. It seems like UP might act slightly quicker than TLC. But who knows. Maybe it’s about something that happened months ago. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

If they are for real canceled Lawson is probably in full meltdown mode. He was going to be the star of the show.

This is making me happier than it should. 

Between this and JDs stupid plane crash with a medicorps plane maybe they'll take it as a sign from their God to get real jobs.

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Ms Lucy Fur said:

Does anyone know why they finally pulled the plug? Even speculation?

My theory is that the crew finally had enough of being exposed to covid over and over again.

Whatever the reason was, I bet the Bates were completely blindsided by the announcement. I just checked out all of their social media and there's not a word from any of them about it yet.

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic