IGNORED

Bates 29: Marrying Off the Sons

Coconut Flan

19 hours ago, JMO said:

Just finished last week's episode. Nathan stated at the end that he wants to get engaged in the Spring in the Bahamas and married in the fall. Esther just posted a girls only picture surrounded by palm trees.

That’s very specific. I hope he realizes Esther has some say over location and timing for both of these events. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, postscript said:

That’s very specific. I hope he realizes Esther has some say over location and timing for both of these events. 

And the style of her hair lol 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

Ahem. I’m in the professional photographer community and a bates family member who has access to their Instagram is asking folks if they can take photos in Orlando this week and wedding photos next spring. 

You heard it here first. ? I love ruining their super secrets. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 25

8 minutes ago, lovemygsp said:

Ahem. I’m in the professional photographer community and a bates family member who has access to their Instagram is asking folks if they can take photos in Orlando this week and wedding photos next spring. 

Next spring?! I don’t think Nathan can wait that long. He looks ready to get married yesterday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 8

10 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

I assume Lawson.

That would be my guess too. We know Katie's wedding is scheduled for December per her Instagram. I'm guessing Nathan will be quick. Lawson probably has enough ego that he wants to out wait the two of them so the focus is on him and not who will be next. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

I assume Lawson.

He has been saying he's been wanting to go visit and meet Maci, Maybe that will be his excuse and take Tiffany Down there with him. but Nathan said a Bahamas proposal, maybe his plans changed and moved it to Florida.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Disney proposal?

Exactly. If there is a ride or attraction related to something she acted in, what are the chances of the fame***** not proposing in or on it? 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, raayx01 said:

He has been saying he's been wanting to go visit and meet Maci, Maybe that will be his excuse and take Tiffany Down there with him. but Nathan said a Bahamas proposal, maybe his plans changed and moved it to Florida.

Why hasn't him met Maci yet? He has been flying around the world. Wasn't him in Africa one or two months ago? 

• Upvote 10

On 5/22/2021 at 3:45 AM, lovemygsp said:

You were spot on! They will have a spring 2022 wedding then.

• Upvote 6

So Nathan is engaged, I will assume a September/October wedding for them, followed by Katie/Travis in December and then in spring 2022 Lawson and Tiffany. Then it will be time to look for baby flood from this 3 couple I guess a busy 2022/2023

• Upvote 9

So when Carlin (?) said she expects two weddings this year that means Katie and also Lawson?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

So when Carlin (?) said she expects two weddings this year that means Katie and also Lawson?

I think she meant Nathan because he had said that he wanted an spring engagement in the Bahamas and then an autumm wedding. I guess they had a change of plans though? maybe Esther wanted more time or they are hoping for no Covid restrictions.

• Upvote 10

I just figured the photographer they were looking for would be for engagement and wedding for the same couple...it would be a bit weird otherwise. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Maybe something came up and they had to push the wedding back to the beginning of next year. But I would have assumed he would want a short engagement. He’s very ready to be married it seems. 

• Upvote 12

I’m just confused why the family member was asking about Orlando photographers when the person who ended up taking their engagement pictures was their friend Isaiah Garrido. Maybe they didn’t get any responses that they liked so they asked a friend who does actually do photography?

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I’m just confused why the family member was asking about Orlando photographers when the person who ended up taking their engagement pictures was their friend Isaiah Garrido. Maybe they didn’t get any responses that they liked so they asked a friend who does actually do photography?

Per Isaiah’s ig story, it looks like he wasn’t the only photographer. Maybe they wanted a second photographer while Isaiah took the video?

Here’s a screenshot I took from his story which shows the other photographers capturing Nathan and Esther’s dance. Peep Carlin and Evan in the background dancing as well lol so typical of them 

34853F20-345B-4196-9E71-02927BB44F08.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

It’s possible they were trying for the “we will pay you in exposure” route. I promise you no one they asked in my group would 1. Be in their price range and 2. Be willing to be paid less. They probably gave up once they had a bunch say “ya not unless you pay me”. 

They also asked so last minute on a peak wedding season weekend its likely no one had opening anyways based on my groups chatter.

Edited by lovemygsp
  • Upvote 9

29 minutes ago, lovemygsp said:

It’s possible they were trying for the “we will pay you in exposure” route. I promise you no one they asked in my group would 1. Be in their price range and 2. Be willing to be paid less. They probably gave up once they had a bunch say “ya not unless you pay me”. 

Exposure? That's funny. Do they mean exposure on their TV show, or instagram? Do they know that most people don't even know they exist?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

Random, but my prediction for Lawson is based on a guy I went to high school with:

He'll rent a giant bill board or jumbotron to put up a picture of HIS face and the words "Will you marry me?"

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16

38 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

Random, but my prediction for Lawson is based on a guy I went to high school with:

He'll rent a giant bill board or jumbotron to put up a picture of HIS face and the words "Will you marry me?"

I’m gonna guess he’ll have his whole (yeah—all gazillion of them) family jump out with those giant face/head masks I’ve seen at graduations, like this:

3A0918CC-7549-40A3-987D-C63D2DD17A76.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 7

I feel like next Spring seems too far for Nathan, unless Katie somehow threw a hissy fit about him going first and it worked or the Bates want to stretch it out but given that Nathan and Esther are already full frontal hugging, I don’t see them waiting a whole year. So I still think a fall wedding for him and then spring for Lawson and Tiffany. I feel like Katie and Travis’s engagement already feels long, I can’t imagine Nathan waiting for almost a year. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I feel like next Spring seems too far for Nathan, unless Katie somehow threw a hissy fit about him going first and it worked or the Bates want to stretch it out but given that Nathan and Esther are already full frontal hugging, I don’t see them waiting a whole year. So I still think a fall wedding for him and then spring for Lawson and Tiffany. I feel like Katie and Travis’s engagement already feels long, I can’t imagine Nathan waiting for almost a year. 

It does seem like a crazy long time. But wouldnt it be weird for already be asking about photographers for Lawson and Tiff wedding when they are not even engaged yet? Thats what trows me off.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Per Isaiah’s ig story, it looks like he wasn’t the only photographer. Maybe they wanted a second photographer while Isaiah took the video?

Here’s a screenshot I took from his story which shows the other photographers capturing Nathan and Esther’s dance. Peep Carlin and Evan in the background dancing as well lol so typical of them 

34853F20-345B-4196-9E71-02927BB44F08.jpeg

It looks like the girl in this picture taking pictures is Isaiah’s wife since she also posted about getting to capture the event. Maybe the guy who looks like he’s videoing is from BUB? I do agree with @lovemygsp that they probably offered “exposure” and all of the Orlando photographers didn’t care about that if they weren’t getting paid.  I don’t know how much a photographer costs in Orlando, but in the fairly large city where I am from, an engagement photographer would be no more than probably $500 for an hour or two of photography. It’s crazy that they wouldn’t shell out for that, but I guess they probably didn’t have to pay the Garrido’s for their time. 

• Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic