IGNORED

Bates 29: Marrying Off the Sons

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

His daughters and sons are constantly on social media. Constantly. So I don’t really think he has much room to talk. 

Furthermore, several of the daughters make nice money as influencers and from YouTube videos. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

On 5/3/2021 at 1:13 PM, HereticHick said:

I made a joke out of something said. I was kind of crude, my apologies.

Edited by Bobology
I had changed 'laptop' to 'lap' and decided it might not be funny.
  • Love 1

Today facebook live was again done by Lawson and Tiffany who by the way seem to be atached by the hip. Aparently Erin and Chad couldnt do last week live due to poor internet connection. Lawson and Thiff are in Nashville at some friend house. They said they are working on a project they cant reveal yet (my guess is a song together).

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

Kelly is in hospital.  

This news courtesy of Carlin -- "in hospital for Mother's Day", as Carlin posts Instagram stories of Kelly in a hospital gown and bed as her required tribute (but if I were Kelly, I wouldn't be thrilled that my daughter was posting hospital pictures on social media.)

No information as to why, and Kelly looks pretty tired, with an IV pole next to her bed. There's family in there with her, so it probably isn't COVID.

I hope Kelly is ok.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2

Trace posted on his Instagram that she was in the hospital due to something on her esophagus that was causing her pain.  They were going to check for an infection and perforation 

• Upvote 11

Kelly had surgery not that long ago right? i dont remember for what exactly it was but maybe it is related.

• Upvote 7

The first photo I saw with KJ in a hospital gown, I thought damn,  they couldn’t find a better photo. And then I saw another B kid post a photo with KJ in a gown, and another...Yes, I’m a bit slow- hope she’s ok!

• Upvote 3

She had surgery because of GERD.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

I never noticed before how bow legged trace is. Perfect for riding horses I suppose lol. There was a book I loved in childhood that had a bow legged camp director. Everytime I see someone with bow legs I think of him. Surprisingly I think I have only ever seen a few in real life. 
random unimportant musings I decided to share. Feel free to skip :)

A63D79D8-CAFD-41F2-9A24-E17A1442E8C5.png

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Bowleggedness can be somewhat genetic, but it's often a nutritional deficiency in infancy and childhood caused by a lack of vitamin D and calcium. Probably another casualty of the Bateses' bologna and Velveeta diet as kids. I've always wondered if the younger boys aren't as short as older ones due to their financial situation and access to protein improving as time went on.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Bowleggedness can be somewhat genetic, but it's often a nutritional deficiency in infancy and childhood caused by a lack of vitamin D and calcium. Probably another casualty of the Bateses' bologna and Velveeta diet as kids. I've always wondered if the younger boys aren't as short as older ones due to their financial situation and access to protein improving as time went on.

Bowled legs is genetic or nutrional or just happen for no reason. I have bowded legs, one of my kids has, but any of my parents or grandparents have it, neither my inlaws. I was soaked in milk and meat all my childhood, while my kid has a more plant-based diet... It makes no difference in our legs. I wear shorts, though.

Bates ate cheap junk food and poor quantities, but I doubt they reached the point of malnourishement. They looked fine and active in the old videos and they all have the same weight/height than their parents had when they were young. Kelly and Gil are short, that's why children are short, too. 

• Upvote 10

17 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

They look like the most annoying boy band ever

most annoying *"christian" boy band ever lol 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Manboyz4Christ

First song release, saving all my heart pieces for you

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 27
  • Love 3

On 5/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I never noticed before how bow legged trace is. Perfect for riding horses I suppose lol. There was a book I loved in childhood that had a bow legged camp director. Everytime I see someone with bow legs I think of him. Surprisingly I think I have only ever seen a few in real life. 

Was it “I Want to go Home” by Gordon Korman? I remember the main character, Rudy, commenting that he could see half the camp through the director’s legs. I had no idea what bow legs were as a kid and envisioned someone who was constantly doing a pilé. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Expectopatronus said:

Was it “I Want to go Home” by Gordon Korman? I remember the main character, Rudy, commenting that he could see half the camp through the director’s legs. I had no idea what bow legs were as a kid and envisioned someone who was constantly doing a pilé. 

OMG YES!!!!! I still read this book occasionally as an adult and laugh my arse off. I always wanted them to make a movie out of it and I always could see the scientist guy out of back to the future playing the director. 

Those poor camp councilors MIIIIIILLLLLLLEEEEERRRRRR!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

First song release, saving all my heart pieces for you

Nathan to Esther: I lost some heart pieces, don't worry babe, I got enough for you.

• Haha 9
  • Love 2

On 5/9/2021 at 8:12 PM, AussieKrissy said:

That middle boy (not sure of his name, Warden maybe?) is certainly giving Lawson a run for his money in the smarmy category

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 5/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, AussieKrissy said:

The Bates boys seem to fall into two categories: stocky and greasy (Zach, Nathan) or metrosexual and smarmy (Lawson, Warden). Both types are misogynistic douchebags. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, postscript said:

The Bates boys seem to fall into two categories: stocky and greasy (Zach, Nathan) or metrosexual and smarmy (Lawson, Warden). Both types are misogynistic douchebags. 

Agreed. Only Isaiah and the little boys seem to have escaped this trend so far.

• Upvote 4

Just finished last week's episode. Nathan stated at the end that he wants to get engaged in the Spring in the Bahamas and married in the fall. Esther just posted a girls only picture surrounded by palm trees.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, JMO said:

Just finished last week's episode. Nathan stated at the end that he wants to get engaged in the Spring in the Bahamas and married in the fall. Esther just posted a girls only picture surrounded by palm trees.

She's in Myrtle Beach with her family. Not the Bahamas. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

35 minutes ago, JMO said:

He’s running out of time then. Spring will be over next month. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He’s running out of time then. Spring will be over next month. 

Funnily enough Zach told him the same thing when it was filmed a couple of months ago.  

• Upvote 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic