IGNORED

Bates 29: Marrying Off the Sons

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

. . . .

Or even weirder: Joy Duggar getting out of her wedding dress at the reception before they left to get home.

Is that odd? I thought brides bought a going away dress. . . .

Of course, I haven't been to a wedding in a decade.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I always think it is so weird that they dress up completely and then ditch the outfits ASAP.

Same with Erin with her huge mid evil cinderella dress that she maybe wore for one hour.

Or even weirder: Joy Duggar getting out of her wedding dress at the reception before they left to get home.

I think the people who do this are just very casual people who like to be comfy. Wedding dresses and costumes can be really uncomfortable. If I had to wear an uncomfortable costume, I would probably take it off after pictures. 

• Upvote 6

For the weddings, I dont know why they pick a cute and more comfortable reception dress if they know they're going to change. Though I find it weirder for instance that Jessa changed from her bridesmaid dress at I think Jinger's wedding. But for these costume parties, it's weird they spend all that money just to pretty much take a few pictures, those costume sets for 2-3 people will easily go over $100.

• Upvote 6

Ah, the silence is broken, I Love You day pics a few days late lol. Tiffany was a bee, Lawson a bear. Esther was a bee, Nathan a beekeeper. I wonder if the quasi-matchy-matchy was coincidental or planned xD. Josie and Willow were adorable 'roos, and I actually thought the Stewarts' lion king costumes were pretty cute!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

please no one judge me, but I just realised I feel very strongly that Carlin and Evan were robbed of first place in the costume contest. I mean, obviously Evan was a little terrifying, but literally Esther was also a bee! and evan posed a whole pic like Layla was Simba and everything. dont run a costume contest if you're just going to fix it Kelly Jo. ok now I'm off to drown myself in the bath 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I’m a very casual person, and my wedding dress is super comfy. I could nip to the shop in that, or use it as loungewear. Not going to, but it’s that comfy. 
Just wanted to weigh in, wedding dresses don’t have to be uncomfortable. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I saw the Loveyou video in somebody's IG and they were all bored AF. Even the children. Maybe it was the end of the party and they were just exhausted, but I didn't see joy anywhere.

The costumes were very cute. Steve Maxwell would have had a stroke seeing all that Christians dressed as animals... Maxwells didn't let their kids read storybooks with animal characters who talked. 

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the people who do this are just very casual people who like to be comfy. Wedding dresses and costumes can be really uncomfortable. If I had to wear an uncomfortable costume, I would probably take it off after pictures. 

But then don't buy an uncomfortable costume.

These people pretend to be all about being frugal and then they buy eloborate costumes to wear for half an hour.

Evan made his baboon costume without buying shit because it came in late. 

14 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Well, she just wore a tshirt and skirt I think.

And I can see people buying a comfy reception dress but their reception lasted for 5 minutes or so. 

If it is that bad to wear, buy a different wedding dress.

8 hours ago, freethemall said:

Though I find it weirder for instance that Jessa changed from her bridesmaid dress at I think Jinger's wedding

Oh and this as well. They do that all the time.

I'm sorry, as you can see this really is my pet peeve ?

• Upvote 7

Jessa was six months pregnant (Henry) at Jinger's wedding. I can't blame her for changing into something more comfortable.  Her maid of honor dress was the same design as everyone else's. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

These people pretend to be all about being frugal

They did in the past, but they don't pretend anymore. They love showing their clothes, trips, etc. And they advertise their boutique with materialistic slogans.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Can we talk about a time, not long ago that a Bates wouldn't have a clue about Lion King ??

I sometimes think the Duggars and Bates did these shows to get out of the cult a little.... lol

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

with Justin's wedding most likely being today, do you think the bates family will go? Because Travis's sister is getting married on Saturday in New Jersey. They could technically go to both, but it would be close. Lawson, Addie and Ellie seem to be in Texas. Katie will probably skip Justin's wedding to go ton Kayla Clark's wedding, but what about Gil and Kelly.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, raayx01 said:

with Justin's wedding most likely being today, do you think the bates family will go? Because Travis's sister is getting married on Saturday in New Jersey. They could technically go to both, but it would be close. Lawson, Addie and Ellie seem to be in Texas. Katie will probably skip Justin's wedding to go ton Kayla Clark's wedding, but what about Gil and Kelly.

Would the Clarks invite all the Bates to Travis's sister wedding? I doubt most of them know Kayla Clark. I suppose that wouldn't stop fundies from inviting them.  Probably it will be just Katie and someone to chaperone. 

• Upvote 9

On 2/24/2021 at 12:41 AM, SorenaJ said:

I’m a very casual person, and my wedding dress is super comfy. I could nip to the shop in that, or use it as loungewear. Not going to, but it’s that comfy. 
Just wanted to weigh in, wedding dresses don’t have to be uncomfortable. 

That's what my oldest did. She was determined to find a cheap, comfortable dress. We were so freaking excited for her wedding, and would've happily gotten her a new dress, but she wanted to try a bridal consignment shop. Her dress was so adorable and she was super comfy all day. 

• Upvote 11

• 3 weeks later...

I will say this for the Bates, their little ones do seem more comfortable in their parents company than the Duggars. Kelly may be a shit mother but she does seem less detached from her children than Mechelle. The only one that seems comfortable with Mechelle is Josie. I was watching this vid with Kelly and Callie (no sound don’t wanna hear that drivel) but the difference in affection between families is vast. I could never see Mechelle as and say jordyn as relaxed and as affectionate as this. To be fair I didn’t watch all the vid. It could have turned to shit lol. 
i feel so sad for the those kids. I love being a snuggle bunny with my girl. I wonder how staved for touch they are  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Alyssa posted some videos to her Instagram story of her and her daughters with Ellie and Addee at the beach. I noticed how the Bateses seem to have pretty much done away with the modest swimwear for their daughters- Ellie even had (two, of course) tank tops on and a swim skirt! Far cry from when Carlin was the same age and had to wear this to swim in: 

6c32d3df352afbae0eedb93c681e68f4.jpg.b6495c00334eef82719b1500bdd30d25.jpg

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Alyssa posted some videos to her Instagram story of her and her daughters with Ellie and Addee at the beach. I noticed how the Bateses seem to have pretty much done away with the modest swimwear for their daughters- Ellie even had (two, of course) tank tops on and a swim skirt! Far cry from when Carlin was the same age and had to wear this to swim in: 

6c32d3df352afbae0eedb93c681e68f4.jpg.b6495c00334eef82719b1500bdd30d25.jpg

Geez I love Carlin’s natural smile no sticking her lips out pout or fake laugh. Her face just irritates me in photos when she is just “on show”. This is the most real life like and naturallybeautiful I have seen her in a long time. 

• Upvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 1

44 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Geez I love Carlin’s natural smile no sticking her lips out pout or fake laugh. Her face just irritates me in photos when she is just “on show”. This is the most real life like and naturallybeautiful I have seen her in a long time. 

She doesn't look happy to me. Her smile doesn't reach her eyes. It looks like she just made this face, because it was expected of her. 

She seems to be on-show there too, but in a different, subtler way.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

I suppose if my parents would rather I drown than wear a normal swimsuit I might not have a real smile for them either. Or all the rest of the stuff they put their kids through.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

On 2/23/2021 at 2:58 PM, nolongerIFBx said:

I don't think it was odd with Joy. She was probably uncomfortable in a wedding dress to begin with since she is the one least into fashion of the older daughters. At the time, she was most comfortable in her jean skirt and just a t-shirt.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Kondor turned one and we all forgot he even existed. The Bates account posted videos of his birthday party last week and I was thinking "what baby is that?" until they posted the below photo. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210331_125840.thumb.jpg.413ee1b359d0991ff9b9ef920ee20b35.jpg

Zoey and Everly both turned 3 this week also. 

• Upvote 7

40 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Wow. Kondor turned one and we all forgot he even existed. The Bates account posted videos of his birthday party last week and I was thinking "what baby is that?" until they posted the below photo. 

Hide contents

I have a feeling this will happen a lot with Tori’s kids for 2 reasons. 1) she’s having kids at a fast pace and likely won’t slow down for a few years. And 2) she isn’t a social media attention whore like some of her siblings. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Hide contents

His name is Kolter, but I totally believed that they had a kid called Kondor that I had forgotten about.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic