IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

Well, they got as far as G in the alphabet. Here we go again.

The objection cannot be entertained, because some members changed their mind. On to Hawaii!

• Thank You 3

1 minute ago, thoughtful said:

Well, they got as far as G in the alphabet. Here we go again.

I'm glad they decided not to argue GA. 

The (soon to be irrelevant) Menace must be SEETHING that he can't tweet bullshit right now. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

This is very ritualistic, with the same speech over and over, including saying that the document is "regular in form and and authentic."

From now on, I think I want to refer to myself as "irregular in form, but authentic!"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • Love 3

Objection to Georgia is raised, but shot down due to the senators' support being withdrawn. 

edit: oops not as quick as the rest of you

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

This is very ritualistic, with the same speech over and over, including saying that the document is "regular in form and and authentic."

From now on, I think I want to refer to myself as "irregular in form, but authentic!"

Can I be "semi regular in form and just a little apathetic"?

• Haha 17

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'm glad they decided not to argue GA. 

The (soon to be irrelevant) Menace must be SEETHING that he can't tweet bullshit right now. 

For the safety of everyone still inside, thank god.

Michigan objection denied due to lack of senate support.

• Upvote 9

Objection to Michigan just another empty gesture - not signed by a senator, round of applause.

I think it was Loeffler who spoke.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

And Michigan has no Senator's signature.  Carry on.

Darn, sorry about that Thoughtful.

• Upvote 4

Just now, dpndetfarm said:

And Michigan has no Senator's signature.  Carry on.

Darn, sorry about that Thoughtful.

Y'know, this thread moves so fast, and the day has been so rattling, that posting good news someone else has already posted is a comfort! It's like it affirms what I think I heard.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Pence wants this shit OVER. It's so clear. LOL. Also, the woman handing him stuff looks exhausted and I want to give her a hug and a pillow. 

• Upvote 21

Hey, I think we're finally seeing what Pence is good at - making the same dull speech over and over, emotionless and bland.

• Haha 28
  • I Agree 1

CNN was saying McConnel plans on speeding through the inevitable PA objection. Hopefully the house doesn't drag on for too long.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

So why didn't they object to NH?  We changed our mail in voting rules for the general election.  What are we, chopped liver?  Could it be that we still use paper ballots only so it's hard to change our numbers?  Or they just don't love us?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 18

This from CNN

Wednesday started with a rump group of House and Senate Republicans preparing to object to the Electoral College results to demonstrate their utter fealty. It ended with many of those same Republicans retreating from their deeply held beliefs about election fraud, tails between their legs.

It only took a violent seizure of the US Capitol building by violent rioters -- the first time the Capitol had been breached since 1814 during the War of 1812 -- to change their minds.

"I did think that today changed things drastically," Indiana Sen. Mike Braun, one of the 13 senators who had signaled he would object to the results, said in the wake of the storming of the Capitol. "Yeah, whatever point you made before that should suffice. Get this ugly day behind us."

"Obviously the commission we have asked for is not going to happen at this point," said Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford, another previous backer of the Electoral College objection. "I understand that. And we are headed tonight toward the certification of Joe Biden as president of the United States."

What happened today needs to be stapled to the resume of every Congressional Republican from now to doomsday.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

I need a hug.  NH may be the Granite State, but we have feelings too!

Edited by dpndetfarm
add late night garbage
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 14

"Sadly but resolutely" - fucker.

Hawley (of course) and Scott Perry signed. Two hours of discussion, folks.

ETA - I think it was Perry who spoke, sadly but resolutely. :roll:

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

There was rumor they were planning to object to Illinois.  I’m just learning about politics, but even I know objecting to Illinois just makes one look more stupid than many other states.

-I can’t get quote to work...this was in response to the new Hampshire post-

Edited by KWLand
  • Upvote 5

Fuck them.  They couldn't just say "changed my mind?"  "I withdraw my signature?"  I hope their fellow republican's eat them for breakfast tomorrow, or maybe have them as a late night snack.

Pelosi was bringing down that gavel like it was landing on a certain senator's head.

• Upvote 14

They're all so tired, they are having trouble speaking.

ETA - well, except for Perry, who is quite lively being a total piece of shit.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic