IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

4 hours ago, Destiny said:

My beloved Stephen Colbert is out of fucks to give.

Seth Meyers was good, too.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Republicans: Antifa was the one who invaded the capital. It wasn't us.

Videos: many people going in without face masks... Hmmm... Which party thinks they don't need to wear face masks?

• Upvote 25

Mulvany resigned as special envoy to Northern Ireland

1 hour ago, SeekingAdventure said:

30? seriously? that was way more than 30 people!

I said this yesterday on twitter about the number 13.  Surely there's a zero or two missing there.

Finally - thank you to those who stuck it out.  I needed to go to bed because it is year end and I have a ton of stuff to do (because you know year end but also focus was non existent yesterday afternoon). 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Personally I think those assholes should be shitcanned and publicly doxx'd. But I'm a fucking bitch that way. 

you and me both

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

Seth Meyers was good, too.

IMO Seth got it exactly right.  I used to love Stephen Colbert but he's lost me in the last couple months...I thought it was disgusting he even attempted to joke about it with the silly graphics.

For me a verbal joking comment could be nervousness and forgivable, but once you do something with graphics means you have had your team working on actual jokes about this and frankly I think that contributes to this chaos being the new normal.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with him in the clip you posted - I am just of the mind he does more harm than good with his approach.  

• Upvote 8

if magas claim that the mob was antifa, does this mean trump loves antifa too, and thinks, they, just like the proud boys etc are very special people?

I really cannot follow the 'logic' these people have.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 14

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

You know, I’m not even going to try to be sympathetic about this. Try to start a war? That’s the risk you take. And if you’re stupid enough to die trying to climb the capitol, frankly you asked for it. 

They were all taking videos and selfies. It’ll be pretty easy to confirm who was there as soon as they know whose phone/iCloud/social media records to subpoena. I hope as many as possible get caught and prosecuted. 

the whole thing was unlawful and violent. 

I feel sorry for their families and frustrated that their deaths were so pointless, trying to please a petulant, childish wanna-be tyrant who would shoot them himself if he thought it would get him what he wanted. At the same time, though, they were actively storming a federal building. What did they expect?!

Edited by NotQuiteMotY
Typo.
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

I really like Joy Reid. This is from yesterday late afternoon before it was announced congress would reconvene.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 7

Seeing a lot of takes that say that this is not America and that America is better than this. 

But I would submit that a large part of America is not better than this.  

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 15

Seeing a lot of takes that say that this is not America and that America is better than this. 
But I would submit that a large part of America is not better than this.  

Well, I guess American democracy has had a good run, but clearly we no longer deserve it.
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Just now, Destiny said:

Well, I guess American democracy has had a good run, but clearly we no longer deserve it.

It's a nice democracy if you can keep it.

• Upvote 5

What the ever living hell?  (and that is mild compared to the foul language rolling through my head right now (because he's my effing senator)

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

I guess impeachment is off the table.

Nothing to see here, nothing going on that needs the attention of the congress.

• Upvote 3
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 13

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I guess impeachment is off the table.

Nothing to see here, nothing going on that needs the attention of the congress.

What the everloving fuck? There was an attempted coup and congress... does nothing? ?

• Confused 1
  • WTF 12
  • I Agree 4

I think impeachment and removal of office would take too long... I think they realize that the only real option is for Pence to invoke the 25th. 

I think Trump turned off a lot of people yesterday though...

though I’m still seeing some disgusting comments on Facebook. 

• Upvote 2

I am kind of avoiding some of facebook.  Because I have coworkers and family who, well, do shared the stupidest stuff. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic