IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

Conor Lamb confronted the Republican bullshit. Some of what he said is here:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2021/jan/06/georgia-election-latest-news-senate-ossoff-warnock-democrats-republicans-trump-biden

Now Conor Lamb, the moderate Democrat from Pennsylvania, is up. He supplies some basic information about election operations in Pennsylvania.

I want to point out... that it was the Republican state legislature that passed a Republican bill that set up the system [used in the election] ... and that the reason the president lost is that he was not as popular as other Republicans in the state. He got fewer votes than all of them ...

These objections don’t deserve an ounce of respect. A woman died out there tonight, and you’re making these objections ...

Enough has been done today already to try to strip this Congress of its dignity and we don’t need to do any more.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 9

18 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

So now would be a good time to look very carefully at his electoral race, and make sure that all votes cast were legal and legitimate, right? Also, what crimes disqualify you from serving as a representative?

Edited by Ozlsn
Misread what he was elected to, tired
  • Upvote 20

Get ready for the argument that because Congress didn't finish certifying the electoral votes on December 6th, Biden's presidency is illegitimate.

• Thank You 6

This time, 138 shitty Rs voted for the objection. So, on they go to Rhode Island (and beyond!).

• Upvote 6
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, Smee said:

I’m glad there are arrests and the joint session has continued, but it doesn’t feel over. I can only imagine how terrifying it must be for those of you who live there

It doesn't feel over to me either.

I believe I'm safe enough at home but have no idea when it'll really be cool to go out.  Between increasing COVID numbers and the armed and pissed off MAGAs no doubt still lurking in the general area, it seems best to lay low.  Actually, lower, since I've been laying low for the better part of a MF year (it's getting old).  I realize what happened today was an aberration but I keep thinking that if this was the best protection the employees in the Capitol could get then what should the rest of us expect in a pinch?  While I'd like to think that the political system has enough integrity to right itself shortly, I just don't know.  It's two weeks until the inauguration, there's no indication that Trump will go quietly or that his followers will suddenly see the light, and who's going to do what - if anything - about that?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 14

Objection to Wisconsin, doesn't have two signatures, and so on to Wyoming, and the end.

• Upvote 9

The electoral vote certification process has now been completed.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 7

One more failed attempt (failed for lack of senate support)  at an objection for Wisconsin, and it's finally over. Pence is reading about how he lost. It's great.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I had to go and look up the local time in Washington DC. The ABC live blog has been going for nearly 15 hours, it's been insane. I only started reading it around 2 hours in, and I'm tired. I cannot imagine how utterly done everyone in Washington is, and no idea how any of you in North America are still awake and contributing!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

It's finally over. Enough people in Congress followed through with their oath to defend the Constitution to certify the Electoral College votes. It was 12:45am Pacific Time that happened.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 19

7 hours ago, Giraffe said:

My thought on all of the objectors-turned-non-objectors is too little too late. Why did it have to take all of this for them to act reasonably?! WHY?! 

Because this time it was their slimy hides being threatened.  They were on the receiving end of the fear.

• I Agree 18

Of the four that died apparently one was a heart attack and one tased themself.

For some reason that sums up so much of this day for me. 

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

One step closer. Now rest, and hopefully a) the 25th amendment or b) impeachment and removal from office, plus c) a whole lot of domestic terrorists being denied bail.

I hope there are a whole lot of people having serious discussions right now about how to make the inauguration as safe as possible. (Honestly, a live-streamed indoor inauguration would not be all that disappointing. History isn't going to forget the pandemic or the MAGA-terrorists, and having a paragraph about how it impacted the inauguration in such a way might help drive the severity of it all home to future generations.)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 16

11 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I had to go and look up the local time in Washington DC. The ABC live blog has been going for nearly 15 hours, it's been insane. I only started reading it around 2 hours in, and I'm tired. I cannot imagine how utterly done everyone in Washington is, and no idea how any of you in North America are still awake and contributing!

This has been one long, strange day.

• I Agree 14

In my last post I said I hadn’t expected things would get this bad. I feel I should clarify: I’m absolutely not surprised at the behaviour of those MAGA idiots - that was to be expected. I’d thought the Capitol would be better protected, tbh. 
And no matter how long we’ve all seen it coming, those images are deeply troubling, and I had hoped it wouldn’t come to this. 
ETA: Not at all surprised by Trump’s behaviour either.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 19

3 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Fuckhead made statement:

Screenshot_20210107-114414.thumb.jpg.382282968836fe89af14ea63eaad1e90.jpgwe

Somebody told him he went too far and if he doesn’t stop inciting his maga morons he will be removed. 

Also, he did not tweet that. He did not say that personally. It’s too grammatically correct and without random capitalization.

Also, also, as they believe he tweets in code, I wonder what the Qanon crowd is making of this message...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, Destiny said:

Pence wants this shit OVER. It's so clear. LOL. Also, the woman handing him stuff looks exhausted and I want to give her a hug and a pillow. 

Just make sure it isn’t a My Pillow pillow

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic