IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

I knew today would probably be a shitshow on ice with nutjob sprinkles on top, but damn...

• Upvote 10

7 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Oh FFS - Hawley is still bloviating about the change in PA law to allow no-excuse mail-in. Pandemic, you piece of shit.

Prepandemic, actually. The (Republican-controlled) state legislature passed no-excuse mail-in in 2019. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

I hate to leave this chat thread but I have to be up stupid early in the morning....

Everyone please be safe and well and I will be back here tomorrow night when I get home from work.

I don’t think I’m going to be able to sneak onto the board while I’m at work tomorrow.

Which is a sure fire way for some serious ?to hit the :shitfan: 

• Love 12

I can't believe I agreed with Mittens. First McConnell, then Pence, and now Mittens? Today is a strange day!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 10

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The fundies we know were at the riot today:

Lawson and Trace Bates

The Bowerses

The Bontragers

Some Burnetts

Some Mortons/Campanas

I am sure more will come out eventually. 

It doesn't feel right to call an attack on our nations capitol in an attempt to interfere with our election and harm our elected officials a riot.

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

He hinted that it is somehow against the PA Constitution, which is the crap I've heard from others who tried to use it to mess up the PA count.

But even if the law was unconstitutional, the people who voted by mail were still following the law at the time. So there's no justification for discounting their votes.

• Upvote 12

46 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

If the senators truly believe the election was corrupt,  like Loeffler just said, then how are they justifying changing their minds now? She said in light of the violence today? I don't get it.

Because they were play acting their rebellion and then shit got real and they had to suddenly admit it was all fantasy and they didn't really mean it.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Just now, TuringMachine said:

It doesn't feel right to call an attack on our nations capitol in an attempt to interfere with our election and harm our elected officials a riot.

But even if the law was unconstitutional, the people who voted by mail were still following the law at the time. So there's no justification for discounting their votes.

I’ll change it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

I can't believe I agreed with Mittens. First McConnell, then Pence, and now Mittens? Today is a strange day!

I have actually grown to like Mitt Romney a bit during a lot of this. I don't agree with him, but I think he has tried. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

1 minute ago, TuringMachine said:

Of course - it's all bullshit, just part of the smoke and mirrors and weird back alleys and mazes these bastards try. Throwing around the word "unconstitutional" is usually a dead giveaway they have no leg to stand on.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Just now, libgirl2 said:

I have actually grown to like Mitt Romney a bit during a lot of this. I don't agree with him, but I think he has tried. 

I agree with Mittens on nearly nothing, with the notable exception the damage that Trump has made to this country. To his credit, he has sounded the alarm and attempted to stop Trump from pretty much the beginning. 

• Upvote 20

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

He hinted that it is somehow against the PA Constitution, which is the crap I've heard from others who tried to use it to mess up the PA count.

Hawley must not have gotten the memo that this issue was already brought to SCOTUS and they refused to hear it. 

Kavanaugh hinted they would hear a challenge to acceptance of ballots received after Election Day, since that particular piece was a a judicial vs. legislative decision, but the number of ballots involved was too small to have changed the outcome of the election. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

My dad while watching Romney speak: "What's wrong with his face? Oh wait, he's from Utah- looks like he was wearing ski goggles! He must have been skiing!"

Me: "Dad, they were wearing tear gas masks... He didn't just come in from the slopes."

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 21

What's the point of people resigning two weeks before the new administration? They've supported him this long and think a resignation now will save their careers? (Sadly it may)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12

Time to turn off CBSN. One tequila and OJ and I am not in a better mood...if anything I'm even more pissed after the shitshow of today...both in the public and in my private life. Time to watch something seriously stupid and get my mind right. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

If it weren't for the danger to the building itself, I'd like to see all of the Secret Service, office, custodial and food staff quit and leave Donald alone in the building.

ETA - without any ability to do damage, of course - disconnect everything he could use to blow anything up.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 12

9 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I knew today would probably be a shitshow on ice with nutjob sprinkles on top, but damn...

I could never, EVER have imagined this nightmare.  Everytime I see photos of this mob inside the Capitol building, desecrating offices, just the worst feeling.  Something seemingly inviolate in our country has been breached.  We will never be the same. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The fundies we know were at the capitol attack today:

Lawson and Trace Bates

The Bowerses

The Bontragers

Some Burnetts

Some Mortons/Campanas

I am sure more will come out eventually. 

The fundies are revolting 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I had to stop watching CNN and turn on The Incredible Dr. Pol marathon on Nat Geo Wild.  Puppies and kittens and horses and hedgehogs and...

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have a lot of respect for him. Courage is mostly relative to the situation. It doesn't take courage to denounce Trump at a Sanders rally. It does take courage to do so when you're talking to other Republicans. 

That loathsome video of the Proud Boys on the plane flying to D.C. and screaming "Traitor" ad nauseam at Romney in first class drove home that he has faced down plenty of threats and condemnation for sticking to some principles. 

And now that we know just how batshit insane these people are, I'm sure he's high on the list of people they are frothing at the mouth to assassinate, right after Biden and Pelosi.  

• Upvote 22

7 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Hawley must not have gotten the memo that this issue was already brought to SCOTUS and they refused to hear it. 

Kavanaugh hinted they would hear a challenge to acceptance of ballots received after Election Day, since that particular piece was a a judicial vs. legislative decision, but the number of ballots involved was too small to have changed the outcome of the election. 

Oh, he got the memo.  The man is allegedly a constitutional attorney who clerked for Roberts.  He has expressed that SCOTUS is wrong (about election rulings ) and disagreed with his former boss Robert’s.  Meaning, in my opinion, that Hawley thinks he knows more that The Chief Justice.

• Upvote 17

Too bad one of the Duggboys wasn’t there...that probably would have been the end of their TV ‘ministry’. 

• Upvote 11

After today's insurrection I'm even happier that GA went democrat all the way. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic