IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

There is no point in arresting anyone until Trump no longer has pardon power.  Right now, it is just catch and release for the insurrectionists. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

10 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I think impeachment and removal of office would take too long... I think they realize that the only real option is for Pence to invoke the 25th. 

I think Trump turned off a lot of people yesterday though...

though I’m still seeing some disgusting comments on Facebook. 

I think that even after invoking the 25th, they still need to formalize the impeachment specifically to prevent him from running again in the future.

I don't know if there is any legal path to doing that after he's out of office, but if not, they need to act fast.  The 25th is a temporary measure, isn't it?

(I'm not familiar with the various sections -- obviously the section they use for when a president is medically sedated is temporary -- what are the permanent options?)

I am sickened that any significant portion of the US population supports this behavior as well as the way of thinking.  At the same time I don't think they as a group will have the cohesion to continue on too much longer once Trump is out of the picture -- which is why the idea of someone new but of the same mindset stepping into that public role is my greatest fear -- ie Hawley or one like him.  

• Upvote 19

28 minutes ago, Smash! said:

What the everloving fuck? There was an attempted coup and congress... does nothing? ?

I'm furious all over again about this. At the very least, do a symbolic censure vote. Don't let him incite a fucking insurrection and do NOTHING.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 32

Turned on MSNBC in the middle of an interview with Adam Kinzinger. Can someone fill me in on him? He seems to be positioning himself as a rational voice in the GOP and was talking a good game. But my natural distrust of anyone in the GOP has me wondering if there's any sincerity there or if he's just jockeying for position the way Hawley is (albeit at the other end of the Republican spectrum). He's talking 25th but not impeachment which I find suspect because he doesn't have the power to invoke the 25th but he could vote to impeach. 

• Upvote 9

I was wondering about that myself @Ticklish. The name isn't ringing any bells for me at all. Anyone here know anything about him?

• Upvote 2

I've been following Kinzinger on Twitter and he's been pretty consistently anti-Trump in his comments for a while now but I don't know what any of his other views or voting history are.

he's at https://twitter.com/RepKinzinger

Edit: in 2016 he wouldn't vote for either Clinton or Trump and I think he endorsed Jeb Bush.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/election-2016-adam-kinzinger-american-before-a-republican/index.html

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Florida Man loses election again. 

• Upvote 13

You guys, we don't trust the president of the USA with a Facebook account, but he has the fucking nuclear codes. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 9

8 minutes ago, Ticklish said:

Turned on MSNBC in the middle of an interview with Adam Kinzinger. Can someone fill me in on him? He seems to be positioning himself as a rational voice in the GOP and was talking a good game. But my natural distrust of anyone in the GOP has me wondering if there's any sincerity there or if he's just jockeying for position the way Hawley is (albeit at the other end of the Republican spectrum). He's talking 25th but not impeachment which I find suspect because he doesn't have the power to invoke the 25th but he could vote to impeach. 

I think they're floating the 25th because it's possibly easier.  Impeachment takes discussion and votes of both houses.  Invoking the 25th only requires a majority of the cabinet and the Vice President.  He's certainly pissed off enough of the inner circle by now and even Pence has soured on Trump.  The way I understand it, the cabinet and the VP agree and send a letter to the President.  He then responds and they respond to his response.  If they don't think he made a good case that he's still fit, they can remove him -- at least temporarily.  He gets replaced by Pence.  Pence would love that.  After all, he has no political future anymore anyway.  That way, at least he gets to be president for a few days.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Seeing a lot of takes that say that this is not America and that America is better than this. 

But I would submit that a large part of America is not better than this.  

It's a poll. Nuff said.  ?

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Um, permanent? Like for the next two weeks? And since the senate isn't coming back until the day before Biden's inauguration, he couldn't be confirmed anyway. Just more distraction and poop flinging from the mango manbaby.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

I guess impeachment is off the table.

Nothing to see here, nothing going on that needs the attention of the congress.

So the foundation of America was attacked and both sides decide to go take a vacation? Why are they allowed to even do this!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

Just now, clueliss said:

From Schumer

So what are you going to do about it? Where's Pelosi?

• Upvote 10

12 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So the foundation of America was attacked and both sides decide to go take a vacation? Why are they allowed to even do this!

On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, if they're on vacation that makes it impossible for McConnell to push through any last minute terribleness before the inauguration, making it nicer for history book writers - "Republican control of the senate ended with a mob of their angry supporters breaching the Capitol building, threatening both sides with violence but ultimately spending their time wandering around taking selfies and videos."

I wonder what this attempted insurrection is going to be called, historically? "The MAGA Attempted Rebellion?" "The Keyboard Warrior's Failed Coup?" "Trumpster's Last Stand?"

• Upvote 14

The Coup Coup Klan.

"Your honor, I forwarded any number of baseless election lies and accusations in an attempt to steal an election, and now I am horrified that these things had consequences."

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3

17 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I wonder what this attempted insurrection is going to be called, historically? "The MAGA Attempted Rebellion?" "The Keyboard Warrior's Failed Coup?" "Trumpster's Last Stand?"

I'm just glad wikipedia renamed the page from "protests". A terrorist attack is not a protest.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

I run hot and cold on Scarborough, but this is good:

• Upvote 12

I mean, he knew it was coming.

I knew it was coming and I'm not spending any time with Trump.

Getting impeached by Ilhan Omar would be the perfect season finale for Trump.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 9

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I mean, he knew it was coming.

I knew it was coming and I'm not spending any time with Trump.

"a betrayal of his office" you mean like telling the nation the Mueller report proved there was no collusion when you knew full well it very explicitly did not say that?

I'm am so over all these enablers acting like they're better than this. You're not. Former senator Jeff Flake was on CNN last night pretending to be a reasonable republican. Dear Flake: I will never forget listening to rape survivors tell you their stories, begging you to listen about how no one believed them, and then watching you go and vote to confirm the rapist justice anyway. You can't fool me.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 12

Karen is with the WaPo:

image.png.c4c8a0454406b4dadfce55d1ef1857b0.png

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8

None of the "protesters" are going to face anything. Neither is Cheeto. They will get away with this shit because nobody in power has enough balls to stand up and say "Fuck this shit, act like terrorists, get treated like terrorists". Bunch of lily livered, chickenshit, professional politicians with nary a backbone among 'em. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic