IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

They seem to be getting almost all "no" answers to the vote on the objection, other than a few diehard righties.

• Upvote 7

I heard Cruz, Kennedy, Marshall, and Tuberville vote to object to the Arizona election. It was hard to hear though, I might have misheard someone. Cruz and Tuberville definitely said aye though.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Just now, TuringMachine said:

I heard Cruz, Kennedy, Marshall, and Tuberville vote to object to the Arizona election. It was hard to hear though, I might have misheard someone. Cruz and Tuberville definitely said aye though.

Thank you. I tried to tell what a few said, and just couldn't hear some of them. Fuck Cruz. 

• Upvote 12

The House is still debating the Arizona objection and will vote when they are done. Several Senate members will speak under the "morning business" label.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I heard him mention the morning business, but don’t know what that means. Anyone can explain?

Edited by Jasmar
Riffle

35 minutes ago, Casserole said:

without doxxing myself or saying too much... I know and am (unfortunately at this point) related to lifelong secret service members and they might as well be proud boys themselves.* I've actually been worried about their willingness, reactivity, and duties in the upcoming transition. I pray they uphold their vows to protect.

*they were fully sane and willing to sacrifice for ANY red or blue president up until 2016. I do not know what happened, but it's terrifying for MANY reasons. 

I live in and grew up in the D.C. area and so knew several people with fathers/brothers in the Secret Service. 

My impressions have never been what you would call positive (more like "stunningly racist" frankly). The two I still know have been die hard Trump supporters from before he even won the 2016 primary.

But I know a guy who is a cameraman for CBS for D.C. political events and while he can't stand the Secret Service, he does say they are very good at their job and believes they will uphold their vows, and also thoroughly protect Biden when the time comes. 

• Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

I heard him mention the morning business, but don’t know what that means. Anyone can explain?

I don't really know, but it sounded like they're just filling time until the house votes.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

I am no expert, but my impression is that it refers to the things they would deal with before being officially in session each day (hence the "morning" part of the name). I'm not sure exactly what it means in terms of who has to be there, whether things are read into the record, etc. But I get the impression that it's sort of a lesser level than being fully in session.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I live in and grew up in the D.C. area and so knew several people with fathers/brothers in the Secret Service. 

My impressions have never been what you would call positive (more like "stunningly racist" frankly). The two I still know have been die hard Trump supporters from before he even won the 2016 primary.

But I know a guy who is a cameraman for CBS for D.C. political events and while he can't stand the Secret Service, he does say they are very good at their job and believes they will uphold their vows, and also thoroughly protect Biden when the time comes. 

one of my two was sent on the campaign trail... with Biden. He did what he had to do, but he was ANGRY. It's worrisome.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 3

All the Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee called for the 25 A now;

And now another way in which fuck face shot himself in the foot.  Then other foot.  Then both kneecaps.  Then in the groin.

Multiple Republican senators have reversed course and now say they won’t object to congressional certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

Their change of heart came after a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol earlier Wednesday and interrupted their proceedings. One person was fatally shot.

Sens. Steve Daines of Montana, Mike Braun of Indiana and Kelly Loeffler of Georgia all said in light of the violence they would stand down from planned objections to Biden’s win.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 10

67 republicans have voted yea for the objection so far. About half the votes are in now.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Browneyed Girl said:

Is this a fundie family I don’t  know about?  Lately my job has been such a gong show that when I come to FJ I only have time for the Rods and a thread like this...

So who are these nutbars?

Let's face it... Keeping up with the Rods is a full-time job!

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

About the woman shot and killed:

even though we now know who she is, I'm sure that it will still be claimed somehow that she was part of Antifa even though it has been stated that she was a big Trump fan.

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I wonder if he'll turn to Parler.

He's got to be in just incandescent rage right now.

I just hope that they are keeping Barron away from him. I really hope he's spending time with Melania's parents.

13 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I'm quite concerned about the level of protection for Biden as well. I'm really worried about inauguration day and the days to follow. I don't see this simmering down in 2 weeks. Donald, Ted, Mitch, Mike, Lindsay, Fox news, Rush, QAnon and others... This is all on you

Edited by Audrey2
How could I forget QAnon?
  • Upvote 15

How in the all-encompassing fuck can there be 78 Republicans voting yes on this shit? HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE.

ETA: 79 now. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 9
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I read a couple of days ago that Biden is concerned about the political leanings of some of the Secret Service guys so he is getting back some of the people that he was protected by while he was VP.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 19
  • Love 2

Looks like 79 Republican House members still voted to object.

ETA - silly me, I thought, because the clock had run out, the count was complete. Sorry to lead you astray. Anyway, it's 89 now.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm quite concerned about the level of protection for Biden as well. I'm really worried about inauguration day and the days to follow. I don't see this simmering down in 2 weeks. Donald, Ted, Mitch, Mike, Lindsay, Fox news, Rush and others... This is all on you

I am very worried about assassination attempts. 

Also that if Biden were to die (natural causes, COVID, or assassination) before inauguration day, Trump would be able to sell enough people on the idea that Harris could not become president because she wasn't directly elected.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

84 per my screen right now. The number I saw for the house originally was over 120 including something like 5 from Missouri (including Hartzler, my rep).  So I want a list of this idiots,

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

How in the all-encompassing fuck can there be 78 Republicans voting yes on this shit? HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE.

ETA: 79 now. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all that they have heard a lot from their constituents and their constituents also want them to vote Yes on this. I'm not sure where we go from here. I don't know how we're going to come back from this.

• I Agree 9

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

He hinted that it is somehow against the PA Constitution, which is the crap I've heard from others who tried to use it to mess up the PA count.

Has he even READ the PA constitution? I'm guessing not since he doesn't seem to have the faintest idea of what the US constitution says about elections.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

It's up to 114 Rs and . . . one D! Who the fuck is that?

ETA - now it's gone. An input error, I hope.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 5

1 minute ago, thoughtful said:

It's up to 114 Rs and . . . one D! Who the fuck is that?

Watching CNN, and they just pulled that 1 a few seconds ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic