IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

3 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

They're all so tired, they are having trouble speaking.

Well Dennis the Menace's dad who is speaking now probably doesn't do much better after his first morning cup of coffee.

Is Dennis the Menace's dad Rep Perry?

Edited by dpndetfarm
clarification
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, dpndetfarm said:

Well Dennis the Menace's dad who is speaking now probably doesn't do much better after his first morning cup of coffee.

Is Dennis the Menace's dad Rep Perry?

This guy? Yes.

https://perry.house.gov/

Senate is done talking and already voting. Getting lots of "no" votes, of course.

• Thank You 5

Yup, that was him.

That was quick.  Was HeeHaw the only one to speak?  Or did Cruzty find his micro balls and speak as well.  I could probably remember their names, but I am practicing my apathy.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

They're all so tired, they are having trouble speaking.

ETA - well, except for Perry, who is quite lively being a total piece of shit.

So now we get to find out who's on meth? /joke

• Haha 8

Cruz, Hawley, Hyde-Smith, Lummis, Scott of florida, and Tuberville.  There was one I missed I think, did any catch it?

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, dpndetfarm said:

You know, maybe the world IS flat.  That is almost less crazy than the happenings of 01/06/2021.

Speaking as someone living in the totally imaginary continent of Australia... this has been one seriously whacked out day.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 3

Mitch is proposing something that sounds like he's trying to delay everything. Am I misunderstanding?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/politics/us-capitol-lockdown/index.html

CNN's reporting 4 people have died. I thought it was only one. What senseless deaths. 

It seems like some people might have died from injuries gotten from falling while attempting to scale the Capitol walls.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

4 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

It seems like some people might have died from injuries gotten from falling while attempting to scale the Capitol walls.

Oh, that makes sense. I read "medical emergency" and thought heart attack.

52 arrests so far apparently.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Mitch is proposing something that sounds like he's trying to delay everything. Am I misunderstanding?

I think they're just adjourning until tomorrow.  It's about 1 AM and a bunch of these lawmakers are seriously old.  

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Xan said:

I think they're just adjourning until tomorrow.  It's about 1 AM and a bunch of these lawmakers are seriously old.  

Are they able to do that? There was a question on the live blog, and Twitter consensus is apparently no they have to keep going. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Xan said:

So I know "slightly old" and "I'm going to count to 3 old" are younger than "seriously old", but is "seriously old" younger or older than "GET OFF MY LAWN old"? 

That was probably a dad joke.  I apologize.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

20 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

They voted, so they are doing other things while House Republicans bloviate before they vote. Supposedly they are committed to getting this done tonight. I hope that's so we can do 25th tomorrow, but I am rarely that lucky.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 10

17 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

My understanding is they planned on meeting after the vote and the following days.  He proposed they adjourn after they finish this and take a few days off.  

• Thank You 5

I am posting this notice here for those who know or recognize any of the mob who stormed the Capitol. The FBI is looking for names and images of today's mob/terrorists. Please share this information.

The FBI said anyone who witnessed unlawful violent actions may submit information, photos or videos to fbi.gov/USCapitol. Tipsters may also call 1-800-CALL-FBI. Anyone with information but no digital media to submit may also contact the FBI at tips.fbi.gov.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, dpndetfarm said:

I think we all deserve a little levity break. This is the latest addition to our menagerie:

20210101_140159.jpg

OMG his/her name must be Clifford!?

Also, I'm watching CSPAN showing the House procedures and there's no mention of wrapping up for the night -- I think they have to keep going.  I wonder if they have to allow the full two hours *yawn* for comments unless they run out of commenters?  I thought I heard they had agreed on a shorter discussion period but I *yawn* don't see any sign of that.

If, after this is finished, something happens re the 25th Amendment, would it be viewable to the public (ie should I stay awake) or will the public not know until after it's finished?

• Upvote 5

I have been following all (Australian time) day, but haven’t known what to say. It’s madness. I mean, I’ve long known that Trump was a wannabe Hitler and there are huge problems with American politics in general, but I guess it seemed like there was always just *enough* to keep it from descending into violent attempts to overthrow democracy. Enough Democrats in the House, enough votes for Biden, enough republicans who accept the results, enough intelligence getting to enough law enforcement to shut down the violent ones. I’m glad there are arrests and the joint session has continued, but it doesn’t feel over. I can only imagine how terrifying it must be for those of you who live there :(

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

If, after this is finished, something happens re the 25th Amendment, would it be viewable to the public (ie should I stay awake) or will the public not know until after it's finished?

I'm pretty sure that we won't know till it's done, but there's not much precedent here at all, so I could well be wrong.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, church_of_dog said:

OMG his/her name must be Clifford!?

Ha! His name is Sampson.  I didn't name him.  He is just another casualty of the covid fiasco and this government's incompetence.  His owner is heartbroken, but I said Sampson has a home here as long as you need, whether that is 2 months, 6 months, or the rest of his life.  He is only about 20 months so still a puppy, but he is a sweet, dorky Sasquatch. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Love 26

1 minute ago, Cartmann99 said:

From what I have been reading this was planned.  Apparently planning was pretty active on Parler.  However you couldn't pay me enough to create an account and go look.  I also read, and I guess the PB fellow said this in MSM, that the Proud Boys were going to wear black, not their usual black and yellow so they looked like Antifa.  Strategy? Who knows, but there had to be enough planning to build that gallows they had near the capital building.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

33 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

You know, I’m not even going to try to be sympathetic about this. Try to start a war? That’s the risk you take. And if you’re stupid enough to die trying to climb the capitol, frankly you asked for it. 

11 minutes ago, fluffy said:

I am posting this notice here for those who know or recognize any of the mob who stormed the Capitol. The FBI is looking for names and images of today's mob/terrorists. Please share this information.

The FBI said anyone who witnessed unlawful violent actions may submit information, photos or videos to fbi.gov/USCapitol. Tipsters may also call 1-800-CALL-FBI. Anyone with information but no digital media to submit may also contact the FBI at tips.fbi.gov.

They were all taking videos and selfies. It’ll be pretty easy to confirm who was there as soon as they know whose phone/iCloud/social media records to subpoena. I hope as many as possible get caught and prosecuted. 

the whole thing was unlawful and violent. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 13

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic