IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

The long break is what I was talking about a few pages back. I was very tired (I stayed up to the bitter end, 3:43 AM), but I thought I heard McConnell saying something about not meeting until the 19th.

Thanks to all who posted the videos of the highlights and lowlights of this bizarre day.

I have lots of serious thoughts about all of this, I promise. But I also have to tell you about one of the surreal distractions I had all day yesterday. Judy Woodruff, anchor for PBS, was wearing this:

image.png.25937574f0a6f6bed5671217336c86fc.png

And, while I was sitting there in horror watching all of the violence, every now and then my mind would wander to wondering if all three of those are slits, as they appear to be. And if so, how do the two pieces in the middle stay up (one with her microphone clipped to it)?

In a still pic it might not be so obvious, but really, as she spoke and moved, you could see that there is nothing connecting the pieces at the neckline, and that appears to be her skin, not panels of fabric, underneath.

It was bad enough to see the law of the land flaunted all day - I really didn't need to see the laws of physics mocked as well.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 22

Tweet placed under spoiler due to serious anti-Semitism from traitors:

Spoiler

image.png.cdebc62bb5feb76f819a9deeedbfcf3a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 21
  • WTF 8
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Rep Omar did this as well.  Competing articles of impeachment?  Don't these people communicate?

• Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So anyone know the chances of impeachment actually happening?

Impeachment, possibly if the house actually meets but probably a stretch. But remember impeachment just means formal charges have been brought against him. I feel like it's unlikely a trial would happen in time to remove him though.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

And here's another one.  

Spoiler

1950085557_Screenshot(2859).png.7aa9570bec65f1917d1db86bdaab0b24.png

These people are terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 20
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

And they whine if you call them fascists.

Masks would have helped them avoid being recognized.

• Upvote 16

18 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

The long break is what I was talking about a few pages back. I was very tired (I stayed up to the bitter end, 3:43 AM), but I thought I heard McConnell saying something about not meeting until the 19th.

Thanks to all who posted the videos of the highlights and lowlights of this bizarre day.

I have lots of serious thoughts about all of this, I promise. But I also have to tell you about one of the surreal distractions I had all day yesterday. Judy Woodruff, anchor for PBS, was wearing this:

image.png.25937574f0a6f6bed5671217336c86fc.png

And, while I was sitting there in horror watching all of the violence, every now and then my mind would wander to wondering if all three of those are slits, as they appear to be. And if so, how do the two pieces in the middle stay up (one with her microphone clipped to it)?

In a still pic it might not be so obvious, but really, as she spoke and moved, you could see that there is nothing connecting the pieces at the neckline, and that appears to be her skin, not panels of fabric, underneath.

It was bad enough to see the law of the land flaunted all day - I really didn't need to see the laws of physics mocked as well.

I noticed that too and figured it must be like those figure skater costumes that look skimpy but obviously aren't because they hold up to vigorous movement. Like even just a thin cord connecting the outer two spikes?  Either that or a mesh so sheer it wasn't visible on camera?  Either way a distracting choice IMO.  Not that she knew when she got dressed that morning how long and intensely she would be on camera for scrutiny.

On a more serious note, I wonder if Congress can "use" the impeachment already voted on, and simply re-do the votes on removal?

• Upvote 6

For what it's worth, there are also articles now being written that are wondering if this was more a planned coup than was previously thought.  Back on the speculation bus.  (I know.  I know.  I'm on this bus way too much.)  There was a very suspicious lack of security even if they thought that massive crowd was semi-decent.  

One article:  (excerpts from Business Insider)

Spoiler

Multiple European security officials told Insider that President Donald Trump appeared to have tacit support among US federal agencies responsible for securing the Capitol complex in Wednesday's coup attempt.

Insider is reporting this information because it illustrates the serious repercussions of Wednesday's events: Even if they are mistaken, some among America's international military allies are now willing to give credence to the idea that Trump deliberately tried to violently overturn an election and had help from some federal law-enforcement agents.

"We train alongside the US federal law enforcement to handle these very matters, and it's obvious that large parts of any successful plan were just ignored," one source told us.

The French police official said they believed that an investigation would find that someone interfered with the deployment of additional federal law-enforcement officials on the perimeter of the Capitol complex; the official has direct knowledge of the proper procedures for security of the facility.

The security of Congress is entrusted to the US Capitol Police, a federal agency that answers to Congress.

It is routine for the Capitol Police to coordinate with the federal Secret Service and the Park Police and local police in Washington, DC, before large demonstrations. The National Guard, commanded by the Department of Defense, is often on standby too.

On Wednesday, however, that coordination was late or absent.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 7

I thought about it too. Pretty sad.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I noticed that too and figured it must be like those figure skater costumes that look skimpy but obviously aren't because they hold up to vigorous movement. Like even just a thin cord connecting the outer two spikes?  Either that or a mesh so sheer it wasn't visible on camera?

No cord. And the mesh trick is done with everything being attached to a higher neckline, so we'd see that line (and I can usually spot the mesh, even when it looks like skin).

Ah, well. There are actually people who pay attention to these things and blog about her wardrobe (I googled) - maybe one of them will tell us, in time.

8 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I wonder if Congress can "use" the impeachment already voted on, and simply re-do the votes on removal?

Interesting thought - clearly there's no precedent, but who knows if there is something in the laws about that.

I still think the time is too short. I vote for drugging his Coke to keep him "Two Dwarves" (Sleepy and Happy).

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I wonder what this attempted insurrection is going to be called, historically? "The MAGA Attempted Rebellion?" "The Keyboard Warrior's Failed Coup?" "Trumpster's Last Stand?"

I hope it will be called what it was - a riot instigated by the dog whistles of a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Yesterday my son called shocked at what was happening. I, however, was not surprised. Trump has been fomenting this chaotic result for weeks. My only real doubt was how violent the rioters would be, how many there would be, & what would be the law enforcement response. The rioters were fewer in number than I feared & seemed to be a gang of cowardly thugs. The law enforcement response was inexcusable, if even I predicted this, they knew this was coming & should have been ready. They were not. I’ll be honest, I did fear that it could be much worse & had images of tanks rolling in DC to quell Trump’s attempted coup in my mind. It magnifies how fragile democracy can be, a lying psychopath urges armed rebellion & these nut cases flock to impose a dictatorship cloaking themselves w/ claims of right based on that psychopath’s lies.

I hope the falling out between Trump & Pence means there won’t be anymore Trump resigns & Pence pardons him nonsense, my prediction about that has always been that Trump is too much of a narcissist to ever accept that he lost, thus he’ll never resign. I doubt there’ll be an invocation of the 25th amendment, but haven’t ruled it out completely. I hope all of those calls to not prosecute those in the administration who have broken laws in the interest of healing as we move forward are now gone - you must stand up to bullies, there must be lawful consequences for those who have chosen to ignore the rule of law.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

15 hours ago, adidas said:

The fundies are revolting 

Spoiler

chickens.gif.eab2a2cfec8ba4a139b2de970875e499.gif

I'd really like to see a compilation of all the photos of fundie bros attending the insurrection, with names attached. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

I'm sure Pomposo's response would involve "...but her emails..."

image.png.5f1423e34147471669d0f2d996996d49.png

• Upvote 16
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

No cord. And the mesh trick is done with everything being attached to a higher neckline, so we'd see that line (and I can usually spot it, even when it looks like skin).

There could be thin wires hidden inside the hems of the fabric keeping everything in place. Or she could simply have double-sided tape stuck on the inside and onto her skin. Or she may have used fabric-stiffener, so that the flaps stay upright.

Back to Trump. Like @Xan, I can't help but speculate a little. Has anyone seen him after yesterday's rally? Or has he flown the coop once it became clear that the Capital coup was not going to stop Biden and Harris formally declared the winners of the election by Congress? I really wouldn't be surprised if he was (or will be) on Aglarov's plane when it left/leaves.

• Upvote 9

15 hours ago, thoughtful said:

"Trump and ah have had a hell of a journey."

"Count me out, enough is enough, ah've trahd to be helpful."

I can't read this without seeing Miz Lindsey in Sunday finery, fanning himself with a funeral fan and clutching his pearls.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:
  Hide contents

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6chickens.gif.eab2a2cfec8ba4a139b2de970875e499.gif

I'd really like to see a compilation of all the photos of fundie bros attending the insurrection, with names attached. 

I saw on my reddit feed that Lawson and some other bachelor Bateses were there.  Apparently they posted and then quickly deleted the pics but someone on there got screen shots.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 6

13 hours ago, Destiny said:

The (soon to be irrelevant) Menace must be SEETHING that he can't tweet bullshit right now. 

He's even been banned from Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube for at least 30 days. But, he does still have Parler, Gab, and MeWe (is MeWe even still around?) so it's all good.

• Upvote 9

I'm hoping that Hawley's political career is over after yesterday, but with the trumplican party, who knows?

image.png.0bc86e1cc96c70d7daffd47f8e202f76.png

PS, I can't stand Meghan McCain.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I saw on my reddit feed that Lawson and some other bachelor Bateses were there.  Apparently they posted and then quickly deleted the pics but someone on there got screen shots.

Yeah there's discussion of it on Lawson's thread. Trace was there too.

• Thank You 7

44 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Hide contents

Kapos

• Upvote 3

Slo-mo of the video in which it looks like a Capitol cop moves the gate, and all of the cops just move away:

• Angry 2
  • WTF 13
  • Thank You 3

47 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I hope Mrs. Pelosi realizes what side her bread is buttered on and gets this done right away.  As one of the responses said if they could ram through a new justice so quickly they sure as the ever loving FUCK have time to do the impeachment.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic