IGNORED

2020 Election Results 10: The End Credits on the 2020 Movie

Destiny

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

It's up to 114 Rs and . . . one D! Who the fuck is that?

It's gone now. Perhaps a mistake? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Donnie I have a place on a tropical island that would be perfect for you. It's climate controlled and although there wouldn't be golf you could get to spend time in the water. It's called Gitmo.

• Upvote 13

It's up to 114 Rs and . . . one D! Who the fuck is that?

I think it was an error. It's gone now. I started to get mad too. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I find the information about the secret service very interesting. For some time now I've been telling my husband that I was concerned the secret service people around Biden would either look the other way when an attempt on Biden came or would be the ones perpetuating the crime. It was all just speculation on my part but with what I've read here, I'm worried for Biden.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Yes. He was boring holes in Hawley's back with his burning, angry eyes, I could almost see the smoke rise from Hawley's suit.

Mittens, I will know you are sincere when you change party affiliation. You don't have to go all the way over to the Democrats; you can just be an Independent, like James Jeffords did in 2001, the last time we had a 50-50 split in the Senate and Darth Cheney was getting to cast the tie-breakers.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

The count of Rs voting in favor of the objection is now up to 122. Someone joined this nonsense after what they went through today?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I find the information about the secret service very interesting. For some time now I've been telling my husband that I was concerned the secret service people around Biden would either look the other way when an attempt on Biden came or would be the ones perpetuating the crime. It was all just speculation on my part but with what I've read here, I'm worried for Biden.

It wouldn't help them.  After Biden, it would be Harris.  After Harris, it would be Pelosi.  After Pelosi it would be the President Pro Tempore of the Senate -- which would be the longest serving Democrat in the new senate.  (I think that would be Patrick Leahy.)   After him would be Secretary of State who will be appointed by Biden.  Any way you look at it, they'd end up with a Democrat.  Probably no point in even considering it.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 12

Some people will not be part of the Capitol Police all that much longer.

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio), who chairs the House Appropriations Subcommittee on the Legislative Branch, which funds the Capitol Police, said heads would roll.

“I think it’s pretty clear that there’s going to be a number of people who are going to be without employment very, very soon because this is an embarrassment,” he said, adding that the breach was the result of “enormous strategic and planning failures by the Capitol Police, by the Sergeant at Arms and anybody else who was a part of coordinating this effort."

Ryan said he’d had conversations with security as recently as the night before, and had been assured that nobody would be allowed near the Capitol, and that the national guard, D.C. metro police and SWAT teams were to be engaged.

The breach is likely to lead to an inquiry and possible hearings as to the events of the day, as well as raise questions about how to beef up security ahead of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration in two weeks.

I'm down with that as long as it's a full house cleaning with not only rank and file shown the door but leadership as well.  Can't just be a couple of low ranking doofuses who become the designated scapegoats but all who had a hand in this.  

5 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I think the training needs to be reformed and become so intense that if they fail in their mission to protect the President they'll do what Jem'Hadar in DS9 who failed to protect a Founder did to themselves. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

I agree with Mittens on nearly nothing, with the notable exception the damage that Trump has made to this country. To his credit, he has sounded the alarm and attempted to stop Trump from pretty much the beginning. 

It's helpful to keep in mind that the enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

1 minute ago, 47of74 said:

Some people will not be part of the Capitol Police all that much longer.

I'm down with that as long as it's a full house cleaning with not only rank and file shown the door but leadership as well.  Can't just be a couple of low ranking doofuses who become the designated scapegoats but all who had a hand in this.  

I read that the police said they didn't want to obviously ramp up during this period because it might irritate Trump and make him worse.  That sounds like an excuse to me.  I think there were just a lot of them still peeved about the possibility of defunding the police.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Xan said:

I read that the police said they didn't want to obviously ramp up during this period because it might irritate Trump and make him worse.  That sounds like an excuse to me.  I think there were just a lot of them still peeved about the possibility of defunding the police.

Someone needs to have a Come to Jesus moment with police officers and say hey look if you were part of a business providing services to your own business or another business and you fucked up as much as some of them did you bet your ass you'd be getting defunded as the business either outsourced your functions or in the case of another business find someone else. 

• I Agree 5

Nancy Pelosi had to scold them about viewing the next part of the proceedings from their offices due to coronavirus restrictions.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 7

38 minutes ago, Casserole said:

one of my two was sent on the campaign trail... with Biden. He did what he had to do, but he was ANGRY. It's worrisome.

There's a reason they are swapping out the WH security detail for Biden. 

As I recall the USS did a pretty shit job of protecting the Obamas, allowing at least one intruder to make it all the way into the Obama's living quarters.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

I just read something curious.  Rudy Giuliani thought he called Tuberville today and left him a message.  In typical Rudy fashion, he dialed the wrong person (a different senator) and that person kept the voicemail.  He asks Tuberville to delay the hearings by objecting to more states.  He says, that could "get us until tomorrow or, ideally, tomorrow night."  Rudy said that he and Trump felt that McConnell was trying to rush this through.

Why would this help?  Was Trump trying to get some blackmail material from Putin through that Russian flight today?  Was he trying to buy time to try to pull some other stunt?

@AnywhereButHere is faster than I am!

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I read somewhere that Biden's SS detail is mostly made up of the ones on his detail when he was VP. Evidently there's some talk about certain members of the SS that have refused to be on Biden's or Harris' detail b/c they're trumpers. Personally I think those assholes should be shitcanned and publicly doxx'd. But I'm a fucking bitch that way. 

• Upvote 17
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 3

31 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I am very worried about assassination attempts. 

Also that if Biden were to die (natural causes, COVID, or assassination) before inauguration day, Trump would be able to sell enough people on the idea that Harris could not become president because she wasn't directly elected.

She could.  Back in 1933 president-elect FDR survived an assassination attempt before he was sworn in. Had he died his VP-elect John Nance Garner would have become president.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

The breach is likely to lead to an inquiry and possible hearings as to the events of the day, as well as raise questions about how to beef up security ahead of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration in two weeks.

Can we have representative Katie Porter doing the questioning? AOC is quite good and so was vice president Harris, but Katie is excellent!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Xan said:

Why would this help?  Was Trump trying to get some blackmail material from Putin through that Russian flight today?  Was he trying to buy time to try to pull some other stunt?

@AnywhereButHere is faster than I am!

Another coup attempt.

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 8

And they finally move on to Arkansas.

Thank all the gods for this very minor mercy.

• I Agree 6

You know, maybe the world IS flat.  That is almost less crazy than the happenings of 01/06/2021.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic