IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

18 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Watching Trace courting Chaney, I'm not sure he wanted a girlfriend. At least then. He talked about having to come up with things to do with a girlfriend while with his friends he could just get up and go. He didn't couldn't even come up with anything to do with Chaney. He went to ask Zach who gave him ideas.  He never really seemed like he wanted to be with Chaney. 

See that’s just crazy to me. My husband and I enjoyed spending time together no matter what we were doing. When we first got together, we didn’t do anything special or amazing. We went out to eat. We watched movies on his couch. We went for walks. And we just had fun together. It’s weird that he struggled to find things to do. Couldn’t they just hang out together and have fun? 

• Upvote 16

On 1/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mark my words. Tiffany and Lawson won’t last. Another break up for a Bates boy. But don’t worry. Lawson will milk it for all it’s worth. He will write songs about his broken heart and post ultra posed somber pictures on instagram. 

I think you are absolutely right and the thought of it made me puke in my mouth a little bit.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

See that’s just crazy to me. My husband and I enjoyed spending time together no matter what we were doing. When we first got together, we didn’t do anything special or amazing. We went out to eat. We watched movies on his couch. We went for walks. And we just had fun together. It’s weird that he struggled to find things to do. Couldn’t they just hang out together and have fun? 

I think it's the patriarchal narrative coming into play here: according to it, men and women are so different they might as well be a different species, girls are only interested in shopping and makeup while the guys do "manly" stuff like shooting and riding, and so forth... I think that's the reason why they feel they can't just hang out together. Instead, they have to pretend to be interested in the girls' lives while they're courting, even though they'd rather have fun with the guys.

Such a toxic world view, and also such a sad way to view relationships. Sigh.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 11

4 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I think it's the patriarchal narrative coming into play here: according to it, men and women are so different they might as well be a different species, girls are only interested in shopping and makeup while the guys do "manly" stuff like shooting and riding, and so forth... I think that's the reason why they feel they can't just hang out together. Instead, they have to pretend to be interested in the girls' lives while they're courting, even though they'd rather have fun with the guys.

Such a toxic world view, and also such a sad way to view relationships. Sigh.

I also think in the case of Trace and Chaney, it may have had something to do with being long distance. Maybe he felt like since they only had limited time to spend together and one of them had to travel a fair distance every time they were together, he was expected to make it "special" as opposed to just hanging out. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

I also think in the case of Trace and Chaney, it may have had something to do with being long distance. Maybe he felt like since they only had limited time to spend together and one of them had to travel a fair distance every time they were together, he was expected to make it "special" as opposed to just hanging out. 

Males aren’t allowed to just be friends with females. If they could just be friends first it would save a lot of heart ache down the road. Most of my friends are males. We go out to eat, watch hockey games, talk on the phone, watch movies, and spend time together. Zero pressure for it to be more than that. It’s a good way to see if you can make a relationship work. My ex and I were friends first. Because of that we found out we loved a lot of the same things. We would go to the movies together, watch shows, try new restaurants, or just lay on the couch and talk. It was wonderful to have a relationship that wasn’t just about the physical aspects. Chaney may have wanted to just hang out but they couldn’t really do that without having someone else around. 

• Upvote 17

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

Maybe he felt like since they only had limited time to spend together and one of them had to travel a fair distance every time they were together, he was expected to make it "special" as opposed to just hanging out.

This sounds very likely. The film crew also has to pitch ideas and set up scenarios that are acted out because they need to attract and keep viewers. The can't have the show full of the Bates' jesus bible babble or Gil's oppressive ways or KJ holding her head and screeching that their lives are such chaos all the time. So scenarios are invented, probably rehearsed and then filmed. Actually I kind of think KJ's screeching about chaos is planned. 

• Upvote 15

On 1/16/2021 at 12:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mark my words. Tiffany and Lawson won’t last. Another break up for a Bates boy. But don’t worry. Lawson will milk it for all it’s worth. He will write songs about his broken heart and post ultra posed somber pictures on instagram. 

They honestly might, Lawson hasn't really dated anyone that we know of til he was almost 30, John David waited all that time and married they first girl he ever sued within like three months because at that point her knew exactly what he wanted, though I don't think their relationship will go that fast, Lawson didn't just start randomly dating her he made an apparent decision to date her, but I don't know anything abut her, she's only 21 so she might not be looking for marriage and babies quiet yet, but you never know with these fundies especially a Hollywood fundie, How is she not in a Kirk Cameron movie yet?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

They honestly might, Lawson hasn't really dated anyone that we know of til he was almost 30, John David waited all that time and married they first girl he ever sued within like three months because at that point her knew exactly what he wanted, though I don't think their relationship will go that fast, Lawson didn't just start randomly dating her he made an apparent decision to date her, but I don't know anything abut her, she's only 21 so she might not be looking for marriage and babies quiet yet, but you never know with these fundies especially a Hollywood fundie, How is she not in a Kirk Cameron movie yet?

Lawson couldn’t handle having a wife more famous than him. The only way it would work is if she quit acting completely to stay home and pop out a baby every two years. 

• Upvote 13

@JermajestyDuggar oh I don’t know- I think Lawson is so vain he’d be happy to attach his cart to a celebrity horse if it got him noticed in cooler circles - he really is on the fringes of celebrity - bit player in a reality show on a small network. If Tiffany dropped her career for motherhood that would probably only be worth one People photo shoot and the invitations would dry up quickly.

• Upvote 14

As far as I can tell, she has no on-going credits and most of her work is in the past.  She's had very few recent credits. I realize the pandemic slowed down production, but she still seems to be a very minor child star.  It would be interesting if her career catches fire and she starts really making a name for herself. 

If she quits acting, it might be because her career has dead ended and she's tried of chasing stardom for few bit parts on television. 

• Upvote 12

Before he attempted to be Lawson the "fundie heartthrob singer", wasn't his original dream to be Lawson the "fundie heartthrob Christian movie star"? Did he just want to make Christian cowboy movies or both make and star in them?

Perhaps he sees Tiffany, and any connections she may have, as his ticket to fulfilling his original dream.

• Upvote 9

The absolute audacity of this bitch to tweet this when the troops were stationed at the capitol because of the insurrection he took part in. 

3860EAFA-22F4-41BF-98DB-DEAD2477E6DC.png

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

On 1/16/2021 at 1:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Its OK; his horse still loves him.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, artdecades said:

The absolute audacity of this bitch to tweet this when the troops were stationed at the capitol because of the insurrection he took part in. 

3860EAFA-22F4-41BF-98DB-DEAD2477E6DC.png

Oh Lawson, this congress critter ain't that special. That commie AOC is also hosting troops in HER office. Nice try. ?

• Upvote 20

15 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Its OK; his horse still loves him.

Proof please or I won’t believe it (I don’t even like horses, but they are sure to have better taste!) 

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Oh Lawson, this congress critter ain't that special. That commie AOC is also hosting troops in HER office. Nice try. ?

And Dr. Biden brought them cookies.

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, DarkAnts said:

And Dr. Biden brought them cookies.

I want to add that republicans did not seem to care about the troops stationed at the Capitol until news broke that Dr. Biden brought them cookies. 

• Upvote 22

Hilary Spivey posted some pictures on Instagram of Justin, some Duggar boys and a few other guys snowboarding. It’s hard to tell in all the snowboarding gear but one of the guys looked like Lawson. Could he be away snowboarding with Justin and some other Duggar’s?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Angelface said:

Hilary Spivey posted some pictures on Instagram of Justin, some Duggar boys and a few other guys snowboarding. It’s hard to tell in all the snowboarding gear but one of the guys looked like Lawson. Could he be away snowboarding with Justin and some other Duggar’s?

Lawson isn’t in the pics. Hilary tagged everyone except one guy, who I’m pretty sure is Claire’s brother Robby. 

52EEA913-0603-4592-8F37-B52E68C27046.jpeg

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Lawson isn’t in the pics. Hilary tagged everyone except one guy, who I’m pretty sure is Claire’s brother Robby. 

52EEA913-0603-4592-8F37-B52E68C27046.jpeg

Thank you. My mistake. I thought that the guy who is tagged as Evan Peters was Lawson. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Johannah said:

Bachelor party?

If it is a bachelor party I am going to cry. I never saw a younger looking bachelor party in my life I think.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic