IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, Johannah said:

Bachelor party?

It's so hard to tell with them because they do everything in same-sex groups. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Kelly posted on Instagram that 4-year-old Zack informed them that the new baby would be a boy and his name would be Lawson. They went along with it.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

10 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Kelly posted on Instagram that 4-year-old Zack informed them that the new baby would be a boy and his name would be Lawson. They went along with it.

lol at least they gave him the first name William just in case he would hate being named by his 4 year old brother when he was older.

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I know Kelly said Zach was 4 years old, but if you do the math, Zach was born in December 1988 and Lawson in July 1992, so Zach was actually even younger (3 years old) when all of this was going on. I’m annoying about math sorry ? 

I am surprised they let a 3 year old pick a name, my mom didn’t even let my then 12 and 13 year old brothers pick mine, she made sure to pick it out her self lol

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 7

It's a nice story, but I doubt it is much more than that.

They like to add prayer to everything, so obviously Zach must've prayed for a godly baby brother, because that's what a godly 3 YO does.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

It's a nice story, but I doubt it is much more than that.

They like to add prayer to everything, so obviously Zach must've prayed for a godly baby brother, because that's what a godly 3 YO does.

Oh, that part was definitely there too. Zach was being stubborn about it because he was sure that God would always answer his prayers.

• Upvote 2

On 1/16/2021 at 6:52 PM, artdecades said:

There is something unsettling about the Bates boys that even these fundie girls seem to pick up on, and Tiffany is probably the most fundie lite of them all. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had kissed or gotten drunk before (her brother certainly flaunts his partying and exploits). Not that there is anything wrong with those things, just that they are so different from the Bates worldview. 

I agree. The unmarried Bates boys are having no luck (so far) with courtships, and I would have thought that by now at least one of them would have been married, certainly there would have been someone in the Bateseses' fundie social circle would have wanted to snag a Bates boy and marry into so-called fundie royalty.  But there's been nothing.  It suggests to me that there's something about them that even fundie girls (and their Daddies) are wanting to avoid. 

I suspect that many girls on the "more fundie" spectrum fundie might be steering clear of them, so now they are resorting to more fundie-lite types where ultimately there's going to be a lot more differences and therefore less of a chance for a successful courtship.   I don't see how that is going to work.

I think Zach did the hard work of examining what went wrong in his first courtship and learned what not to do the next time (IMHO not listening to his parents was probably one of them) but I don't get any feel that Nathan did anything like that. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

It also seems like the Bates boys aren't necessarily interested in fundie girls or pushed by Kelly and Gil to pursue them.  If you look at the Duggar daughters-in-law, all of them are IFB, most of them have ties to IBLP and all of them are fundies and long-time family friends. Kendra is the only one without IBLP ties and her father is the pastor of their church.

None of the Bates boys have dated within IBLP. I'm surprised Kelly and Gil aren't trying to set their sons up with their friends' daughters. 

• Upvote 10

They don’t want fundie girls in the sense that they want girls who dress modern and consume popular culture but they expect these girls to be fundie helpmeets and that is where I think part of the issue is. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 16

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

None of the Bates boys have dated within IBLP. I'm surprised Kelly and Gil aren't trying to set their sons up with their friends' daughters. 

I suspect Kelly and Gil have tried to set their sons up with the daughters of people within their fundie circles.   Kelly reportedly tried to set Zach up to no avail as he was interested in Whitney.   So either their sons are not interested or it's been a no-go with any of the daughters for whatever reason.  

Honestly I think that some families would love for their daughter to snag a Bates boy given the family's stature within fundiedom.   Given the boys can come off as pretty insufferable maybe that's been enough to turn some fundie girls off so maybe that's another reason.

• Upvote 8

I totally agree. I think with the Duggars, despite their D-list "fame," still kept themselves very isolated and kept their kids drinking the kool-aid. While the Bates have done that to an extent, they seem to be a lot freer in traveling around, mingling, exploring, etc. They've seen what they can get out in the world, but they are drinking the kool-aid at the same time. Eventually, one has to give, because so far it's been fundamentally incompatible. Eventually these younger guys are going to get tired of an abstinence lifestyle and can no longer feed on flirts alone! Should be interesting to see when that day comes. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

On 1/31/2021 at 2:19 PM, VBOY9977 said:

I am surprised they let a 3 year old pick a name, my mom didn’t even let my then 12 and 13 year old brothers pick mine, she made sure to pick it out her self lol

I can imagine that, if Zach decided the babies name should be Firetruck, they might not have went along with it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 1/31/2021 at 10:56 PM, meep said:

I totally agree. I think with the Duggars, despite their D-list "fame," still kept themselves very isolated and kept their kids drinking the kool-aid. While the Bates have done that to an extent, they seem to be a lot freer in traveling around, mingling, exploring, etc. They've seen what they can get out in the world, but they are drinking the kool-aid at the same time. Eventually, one has to give, because so far it's been fundamentally incompatible. Eventually these younger guys are going to get tired of an abstinence lifestyle and can no longer feed on flirts alone! Should be interesting to see when that day comes. 

That freedom they offer the boys in the family (Lawson, Nathan, Trace) seems to be a direct attempt to show or prove that they are capable of raising "godly men" who will do things that bring more fame and money to the family. Lawson's music is framed in such a way that Gil and Kelly can say that he is a normal young boy just pushing out their ministry through music. Same with Nathan and his flying. With the girls it is about recreating and repeating that whole thing about lots of children and supporting the husband's efforts. All of it is done with the family brand in mind. 

Eventually something should and will backfire. If Trace found a woman while performing with the Dixie Stampede (which he didn't make it into), would she be welcome into the fold? If Lawson fell for a music producer's ex wife who just got released from prison? I don't think Gil and Kelly Jo would be incredibly supportive of their sons going in a direction that would indicate they weren't happy with the family's upbringing. They may talk a good game about wanting the children to be independent and able to make their own decisions, but I doubt they are not very calculated in the freedom they give even to the obviously adult aged children. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

It seems that Lawson and Tiffany are a real thing since Carlin had posted on her insta stories that she (Tiffany) is with the whole Bates family on a ski vacation on Colorado

Edited by Italiangirl
Correcting a verb
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 14

5 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

It seems that Lawson and Tiffany are a real thing since Carlin had posted on her insta stories that she (Tiffany) is with the whole Bates family on a ski vacation on Colorado

Oh jeez. I can’t think of a more unappealing way to get to know your future spouse and in-laws than being stuck on a mountain with all of them plus all the Duggars, Spiveys, and various hangers on

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I suspect that Tiffany will end up fitting right in with them in a lot of ways. On her Insta stories she's often spewing the same religious bullshit that the Bates are famous for. It's the same way with Esther too. She looks modern, but she comes from a Trump loving family that certainly appeals to the Bates.

• Upvote 13

I just saw on Tumblr that Tiffany has reposted Carlin's insta story on her stories, so it seems they are not trying to hide this thing, water it is, so much. Esther Keyes seems to also be there. I could see some announcement be made around "I love you day". Either a courtship for Lawson or an engagement for Nathan 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

On 2/2/2021 at 9:18 PM, artdecades said:

Oh jeez. I can’t think of a more unappealing way to get to know your future spouse and in-laws than being stuck on a mountain with all of them plus all the Duggars, Spiveys, and various hangers on

Wait, the Duggars and Bates are on the same ski trip? Maybe it’s actually a destination wedding, with a massive reception to follow post-Covid.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Wait, the Duggars and Bates are on the same ski trip? Maybe it’s actually a destination wedding, with a massive reception to follow post-Covid.

The Bareses are (were?) in Breckenridge. Can't remember where the Spiveys were.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Well, Josie had posted a story on Instagram of a bunch of young Bates at a restaurant and there is Lawson with his arm around Tiffany and Trace next to Esther. I could only take a couple of pictures but no video (I haven't yet learned how to register a video of a video ?)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210204-213342_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d8a89dd9105ab26b0d2649c7137bf686.jpgScreenshot_20210204-213411_Instagram.thumb.jpg.b7b419ac3453599ecc8c4f5bb428ecb8.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 17

Well she must really like him if she spent Christmas in TN. She's pretty but ya'll know there are gonna be some pissed off Lawson fans...and you know why. She's worked on Disney & Nick shows, the Bates kids have never even heard of. This relationship might be proof that Lawson likes more mainstream girls.

Edited by Tangy Bee
  • Upvote 7

The picture on her insta page image her....*gasp*...almost kissing his cheek! These Bates always be playin’ loosey-goosey with rules ?

• Upvote 14

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic