IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

The other thing is Lawson & Trace can distract the public all they want, but they all used Parler and now all their metadata is available.  All their posts can be seen by law enforcement and if they used that app, they can track their movements.  Even if they distract the public, they better hope they really didn't do anything illegal or suspicious because there's no hiding it.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

Do you think they know they can't escape law enforcement, or the SOTDRT has not covered that part? Maybe they think that if they can distract the public they are fine? 

I suspect that fundies, in general, are not so good with thinking about the consequence and feel that they can not be held accountable? Or will they scream persecution once again when police/ Fbi whatever comes to knock on their door?

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I couldn't agree more, but I'm really pessimistic that they'll face any significant consequences for their actions. I doubt they'll be removed from the show, although of course I really hope that this will happen.

No confirmation from the one I know at UP, but I know from previous talks with her that UP has lectured and warned certain members of the Bates family about social media postings. My best guess (as I have to do similar lectures to people in my career) is that the lectures probably go in one ear and out the other. 

They won't remove Lawson, Trace, or any of them without having some sort of reason like a financial impact. That's unlikely to happen. The demographics watching UP are very different than those watching TLC where Discovery had to do something with Josh and his scandals. Also, unlike Josh's issues, there is no media outrage at Lawson and Trace. Without that media coverage there is no real chance that sponsors and advertisers will pull their support. To them it is all about eyes on the screens and wallets opening. 

I don't know the ratio, but most of the ads shown on UP appear (to me at least) to be what I call mass or bargain buys. When I was over advertising I would call professional ad buyers. I would tell them this is the demographic I want to reach, this is the money I have, and here is the market(s) I want. The buyers would come back with plans where you got so many ads on various channels at various times. I could look up and see what shows aired at that time, but I didn't have the time. I do remember I was advertising for a college and TLC was one of the channels we bought on. I did specifically ask not to advertise the college during 19KAC, as I knew that was the wrong crowd for the programs we were promoting. People who have smaller budgets don't do this. People with larger budgets and more staff can probably do it in house. But the lack of match between the show and advertising is normally a sign of a big ad buy where you put it together like a puzzle. I have one ad left to place and it can go on UP next Thursday between and 9 and 9:30 or it can go on MTV at 3 a.m. I'm probably picking the UP one simply because the likelihood is that even if they are the wrong eyes it will have more eyes and the ROI report to my boss will look better.  

At one point we did survey the students at the school about what they watched on non-major network television. We were able to work with the buyer with that list, but it made very little difference in our outcomes. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 1

When filming they might focus less on trace and Lawson unless Lawsons supposed relationship with Tiffany comes to light, but next season will probably mostly be focused on Katie and Nathan's relationships and a few pregnancy announcements and Josie's miscarriage. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Not that there is anything wrong with her outfit, but, that's not even a little bit modest!

I think it’s pretty modest by normal standards. No cleavage, no midriff, no butt cheeks, nothing skin tight. Fine for a college kid to wear to class or around parents. 

On 1/13/2021 at 8:46 AM, raayx01 said:

I am so bored with the lack of pregnancy and relationship announcements

This isn’t the first time you’ve said something like this. Do you really want children to be born into abuse for your entertainment? 

• Upvote 21

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

This isn’t the first time you’ve said something like this. Do you really want children to be born into abuse for your entertainment? 

Exactly. You would think people would be thrilled with the lack of baby announcements or new relationships, not complaining that new people need to be brought into the destructive lifestyle for entertainment purposes. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 13

Re: Tiffany-I don't see how there is any way that she and Lawson aren't in the "special friends" or courting stage. She is following every single Bates family member on Insta. I wonder if he would move out to CA-I can't see how she wanting to be an actress would be down to move to middle of nowhere Tennessee. Maybe she could have some kind of career in Nashville but even so. Also as someone who has been in mainstream movies, despite her being clearly very Evangelical she has certainly been introduced to more liberal ideas, probably have had interactions with LGBTQ+ etc...don't see how this ultimately fares with The Bates but we all know Lawson is a fame whore and so is Kelly. 

• Upvote 7

On 1/12/2021 at 10:46 PM, raayx01 said:

What's the point of teasing it, if your together just announce your together, I am so bored with the lack of pregnancy and relationship announcements, especially when we know what's going on they just won't confirm it.

This is a really weird thing to say. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I'm tired of Lawson teasing something with Tiffany, I know it supposed to not be our business if he is or not in a relationship of some kind with a girl or not, but damn at least make up your mind, or you say something or you just stop posting teasing pics. And I know well that he is an attention and fame whore but it still annoyed me many times. Something similar I'm discovering I feel for Trace with Esther, he and her too keep posting pics without saying anything, I don't know I can't help myself at least if they said something like "we are courting, but we want to take the details for us" or so... I blame partially the pandemic since I'm at home with little to nothing to do 

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I'm tired of Lawson teasing something with Tiffany, I know it supposed to not be our business if he is or not in a relationship of some kind with a girl or not, but damn at least make up your mind, or you say something or you just stop posting teasing pics. And I know well that he is an attention and fame whore but it still annoyed me many times. Something similar I'm discovering I feel for Trace with Esther, he and her too keep posting pics without saying anything, I don't know I can't help myself at least if they said something like "we are courting, but we want to take the details for us" or so... I blame partially the pandemic since I'm at home with little to nothing to do 

Its Nathan with Esther.  Not Trace. I think Trace is rumored to be with someone else.  I understand what you're saying. Just wanted to correct which Bates guy is with Esther.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 1/13/2021 at 12:30 PM, Italiangirl said:

Do you think they know they can't escape law enforcement, or the SOTDRT has not covered that part? Maybe they think that if they can distract the public they are fine? 

I suspect that fundies, in general, are not so good with thinking about the consequence and feel that they can not be held accountable? Or will they scream persecution once again when police/ Fbi whatever comes to knock on their door?

If all Lawson and Nathan did was stand around, go rah, rah, rah and took selfies, didn't participate in the riot itself, then while the optics of being in Washington are not good, they basically won't face any consequences as far law enforcement is concerned.    

Now if they did more than that (and that might include anything they posted on social media) depending on what their actions were, it might be some time before police / FBI catch up with them since right now they are busy rounding up the more, um, notable and obviously guilty participants.  In that case, no amount of crying "persecution" is going to stop it.  

Honestly it was completely stupid of them to post they were there at all, especially if all they did was stand around (or too busy taking selfies or talking to fellow participants or whatever, National Mall is a very big place) possibly being far enough away to not be aware of all that was going on.

This is a "wrong place / wrong time" sort of thing that if you say you were there, you are automatically presumed guilty even if you are not.

Edited by nokidsmom
Riffle
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Mark my words. Tiffany and Lawson won’t last. Another break up for a Bates boy. But don’t worry. Lawson will milk it for all it’s worth. He will write songs about his broken heart and post ultra posed somber pictures on instagram. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 15

Several of the Bates kids are following Tiffany in Instagram. This includes Nathan, who pretty much only follows family and current and likely future in-laws. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mark my words. Tiffany and Lawson won’t last. Another break up for a Bates boy. But don’t worry. Lawson will milk it for all it’s worth. He will write songs about his broken heart and post ultra posed somber pictures on instagram. 

I agree. There is something unsettling about the Bates boys that even these fundie girls seem to pick up on, and Tiffany is probably the most fundie lite of them all. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had kissed or gotten drunk before (her brother certainly flaunts his partying and exploits). Not that there is anything wrong with those things, just that they are so different from the Bates worldview. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, artdecades said:

I agree. There is something unsettling about the Bates boys that even these fundie girls seem to pick up on, and Tiffany is probably the most fundie lite of them all. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had kissed or gotten drunk before (her brother certainly flaunts his partying and exploits). Not that there is anything wrong with those things, just that they are so different from the Bates worldview. 

Zach seems to be the only self deprecating Bates boy. Trace, Lawson, and Nathan all seem to take themselves way too seriously. Especially Lawson. He just makes me roll my eyes constantly. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

I see Lawson in full police uniform, with his new medical certificate laminated and hanging around his neck ( side note, does this mean all the posing in scrubs with kids in clinics was with no training whatsoever??) announcing his courtship to a proper celebrity to coincide with the inauguration. His ego is that big.

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Zach seems to be the only self deprecating Bates boy. Trace, Lawson, and Nathan all seem to take themselves way too seriously. Especially Lawson. He just makes me roll my eyes constantly. 

Yep 

-takes themselves too seriously 

-no sense of humor

-thinks they are smarter than everyone else when they, in fact, are dumber

-skew Christianity to fit their very specific, personal views

-lie all the time

no wonder they love trump. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

On 1/17/2021 at 7:24 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

After their respective failed courtships the guys seemed to do some reflecting and come to vastly different conclusions. 
Zach seems to think he might have been at least part of the problem and has visibly changed for the better because of it. 
Nathan seems to have come to the conclusion that it was all her fault and is visibly continuing in his off putting ways. 
Time will tell for Trace and probably Lawson...

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

• Upvote 5

Watching Trace courting Chaney, I'm not sure he wanted a girlfriend. At least then. He talked about having to come up with things to do with a girlfriend while with his friends he could just get up and go. He didn't couldn't even come up with anything to do with Chaney. He went to ask Zach who gave him ideas.  He never really seemed like he wanted to be with Chaney. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic