IGNORED

Reactions of Trumpians

clueliss

9 hours ago, fraurosena said:

For some reason, I can't see the rest of this post. I've tried viewing it on chrome and safari, and on my phone as well, but I can't see more than the above text and a white field below it. Anyone have an idea why?

This is what I see:

image.thumb.png.c394c18fc8fa23dd45f1f4c6951ee270.png

My guess is that @Howl embedded something that the author ended up deleting.

Edited by Cartmann99
Clarity, I no write good.
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Yeah you go with that BTs. Ask the bull moose people how well that worked out.  

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah you go with that BTs. Ask the bull moose people how well that worked out.  

Would this be such a bad thing though? The GAP, the Dems, a Conservative Party and a Liberal Party. That wouldn't be so bad, I would think. It would force a lot of politicians to actually work together, instead of sabotaging the other party when you're in the majority.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

LOL, BTs are now upset with Mother's Boy:

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

16 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

LOL, BTs are now upset with Mother's Boy:

Read the whole description of what they want, and seriously Pence is not going to essentially declare all the electoral votes from states that voted Biden are invalid. Not unless he wants to be prosecuted for treason, sheesh.

On 12/22/2020 at 1:33 AM, AmazonGrace said:

This is why electoral districts based on roughly equal numbers of people rather than counties should be the base unit.  

• Upvote 6

On 12/24/2020 at 12:37 PM, fraurosena said:

Would this be such a bad thing though? The GAP, the Dems, a Conservative Party and a Liberal Party. That wouldn't be so bad, I would think. It would force a lot of politicians to actually work together, instead of sabotaging the other party when you're in the majority.

Wouldn’t that be likely to lead to a situation where, if there were more than 2 people really in the running for president, it would be very unlikely for one candidate to get to 270 electoral college votes? So all the presidential elections would end up being decided by Congress. If I understood correctly when they talked about it this year, it’s voted on by state not by seat and the way the demographics fall there are more conservative states, but with smaller populations, so without serious reform a liberal(ish) president would be all but impossible?

I’m no expert this is just what I’ve put together from the reams of election coverage I have read this year so I might be totally off base. (I’m also procrastinating getting Christmas lunch sorted)

• Upvote 4

On 12/23/2020 at 3:55 AM, fraurosena said:

For some reason, I can't see the rest of this post. I've tried viewing it on chrome and safari, and on my phone as well, but I can't see more than the above text and a white field below it. Anyone have an idea why?

Sorry, y'all.  I meant to embed a tweet, and failed. 

That said, I think we can expect major whacked out agitprop from Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert, but newly elected QAnon or QAdjacent wing nuts who will be seated for the Joint Session on Jan 6. 

Lauren Boebert ran a restaurant in a small town on the West Slope of Colorado and was known for wearing a gun over her very tight pants while she served customers.  She primaried a more centrist, regular ole Republican.

I'll be curious as to how the bullshit  with these two plays out with the more staid and long-term members of their caucus, who are there to do an actual job.  

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Topaz said:

Wouldn’t that be likely to lead to a situation where, if there were more than 2 people really in the running for president, it would be very unlikely for one candidate to get to 270 electoral college votes? So all the presidential elections would end up being decided by Congress. If I understood correctly when they talked about it this year, it’s voted on by state not by seat and the way the demographics fall there are more conservative states, but with smaller populations, so without serious reform a liberal(ish) president would be all but impossible?

I’m no expert this is just what I’ve put together from the reams of election coverage I have read this year so I might be totally off base. (I’m also procrastinating getting Christmas lunch sorted)

Ah, but I'm all for abolishing the undemocratic atrocity that is the Electoral College. True democracy is quite simple: one person, one vote. No vote becomes moot because all votes in a county/ district/ state goes to the majority (so no amount of gerrymandering will have any effect whatsoever). No, one vote in rural Texas weighs just as much as one vote in urban New York. It does not matter where you live, your vote counts towards the total sum of votes (be it at federal or state level). The party with the majority of votes overall wins (ie the popular vote). In my 4 party scenario, if there is no clear majority, then coalitions must be formed. I know, this is a rather alien concept to Americans, but it's the only way to go if you really want to be a democracy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

In my 4 party scenario, if there is no clear majority, then coalitions must be formed

Or you can have preferential voting, which also leads to coalitions. 

With the Presidential election either a run off of the top two candidates, or preferential voting would work.

An issue with the concept of the one person one vote as far as Congress goes is that Congressional representatives are still for essentially state based regions, rather than federally based. So there is still a strong incentive to keep gerrymandering to get at least one representative in. Not sure if federally drawn up districts would change much, although giving people an idea of how many people were being represented by each Representative might help.

• Upvote 3

Then there was this gem in the local paper about letters to the editor;

Lately I have seen more venting letters which are attacking public persons. It is a violation of an important guideline of the TH. I am suggesting that more careful review and editing would be fair as well as profitable for the company.

Translation: people are being mean to Fuck Nugget by holding him accountable and she doesn’t like it. 

She had her way the only pieces printed about the orange lump would be fawning fluff pieces. 

• Upvote 5

Branch Trumpvidians aren't happy with their hero for signing the relief package

Prominent, die-hard supporters of President Donald Trump lashed out after he signed a pandemic relief bill on Sunday night, averting a government shutdown but caving on a series of last minute demands.

Trump shocked Washington D.C. last week when he refused to sign the $2.3 trillion package. He demanded the the $600 stimulus checks be raised to $2,000 — a number backed by Democrats but rejected by many Republicans — and that foreign aid be cut from the budget.

The delay has already allowed unemployment benefits for millions of Americans to lapse. But by caving and signing the bill Sunday night, the president averted what many feared would be a disastrous government shutdown.

A number of prominent MAGA figures — known for their loyal support for Trump — took to Twitter on Monday to decry his signing of the bill as a total capitulation.

• Thank You 9

Come on Dan. Pay up.

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) announced seven weeks ago that he'd be willing to pay up to $1 million as a reward to those who could produce proof of fraud.

Patrick's counterpart in Pennsylvania has uncovered real-world evidence of Trump voters committing fraud, and he wants the Texan to pay up. The Houston Chronicle reported:

All John Fetterman wants for Christmas is the $3 million he says Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick owes him. The Democratic lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania has been trolling his Republican counterpart for weeks to collect on the $1 million Patrick offered in November for evidence of fraud in the Nov. 3 election. Three supporters of President Donald Trump have now been charged in separate voter fraud schemes in Pennsylvania. Fetterman says they should all count for bounty purposes.

In fact, this is exactly what Fetterman found in Pennsylvania, which is why the Democratic lieutenant governor wants Dan Patrick to pay the reward. (Fetterman has vowed to donate proceeds to local food banks.)

I think of ol Damny boy doesn’t pay up Fetterman should explore legal action.  Not necessarily go to court but make it know that he’s considering that option. He’d have more of a case than a lot of the BTs making up bullshit lawsuits for their orange fuck knob of a hero. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

:roll:

I used to live in Arizona and I can't say I'm surprised by this. One person I knew personally who was in the state legislature at one point would probably have a picture like this on as wall.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

:roll:

It's... Not very good. I mean, his head looks wonky, and I think he's about to shoot the eagle to stop it swooping him.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

Yep looks like the hotel thinks the BTs are bad for business. 

The hotel's move came after The Washington Post reported that the Proud Boys, a white supremacist group known for inciting violent clashes with opponents at rallies, had made the Harrington their "unofficial headquarters" in the capital.

The Post reported that the "repeated and growing presence" of Proud Boys at the hotel and bar had unnerved some workers (many are Black or Hispanic) and guests. "It's sad that they feel so comfortable here because obviously nobody who works here supports this stuff," one longtime employee told the newspaper.

Meanwhile, Tarrio said members would not stay at the hotel or drink at Harry's if they were not welcome.

The bar will reportedly be closed on January 6. And the hotel's statement on Monday appears to indicate that keeping Proud Boys away is the reason for the closure.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

‘Stop the Steal’ leader threatens ‘something bad’ might happen to D.C. hotel after it closes doors to MAGA march

Far-right activist and "Stop the Steal" leader Ali Alexander responded by stating his organization will "sue" over the hotel closing.

"This is a civil rights abuse. Tomorrow, Ed Martin and I will be writing the Justice Department and filing any consumer complaints we can," Alexander stated in a subsequent tweet. "Then, I will be on the phone w/ lawyers exploring civil tort options...we are being turned away like my ancestors."

Further, in a nearly hourlong Periscope video posted by Alexander on Monday night, he floated the idea that "karma" will come back around in the form of "something bad" happening to the Washington, D.C. hotel.

“Let me just tell the media right now: If something bad happens to the Hotel Harrington, don't ask me to denounce it. I'm not taking your call. If something bad happens to the Hotel Harrington because they violated the civil rights, I'll call it karma,” Alexander said in the live stream.

"Hopefully, nothing bad happens to the Hotel Harrington. Obviously do not DM me or text me anything about that," he added.

A Hotel Harrington representative, when contacted by the Daily Dot, declined to comment on the remarks by Alexander.

Due to the hotel closing, Alexander, along with other march leaders, are urging pro-Trump rally-goers to now camp out in Washington, D.C. with sleeping bags and tents.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 7

36 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Due to the hotel closing, Alexander, along with other march leaders, are urging pro-Trump rally-goers to now camp out in Washington, D.C. with sleeping bags and tents.

Oh yes. Please. All the crazy non masking Trumpers out camping together in the freezing cold, breathing COVID on each other inside tents while outdoors providing better ventilation for passers by. I just hope they don’t pass it on to anyone with sense. 

• Upvote 10

19 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

It's... Not very good. I mean, his head looks wonky, and I think he's about to shoot the eagle to stop it swooping him.

13 hours ago, clueliss said:

Me:  WTF and WHY does he have a six shooter in his hand if he's in Colonial American dress?????? 

And although the stars are really hard to see, I'm... pretty damn sure that's not the design of even a recently-post-colonial US  flag.

Also I've never seen a flag go around the whole flagpole like that.  The blue part doesn't even have any stars, so it's not actually part of the flag.

Sorry for the FEC ("flag eating crackers")

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Okay, so those who complain loudly about the homeless (at least the Trump lovers that I know do) have decided to live like the homeless for a week or two. 

• Upvote 8

15 hours ago, clueliss said:

Me:  WTF and WHY does he have a six shooter in his hand if he's in Colonial American dress?????? 

My husband thinks it is meant to be a flintlock, I can't tell tbh (tiny screen on phone, not great quality pic. Also I keep getting distracted by the swooping eagle. Do you think it thinks his hair is prey?)

I want someone to paint his Vietnam "service" - him in a STD clinic, with "Captain Bonespurs" somewhere on his faux military dress. I'd share TF out of that...

• Upvote 9