IGNORED

Reactions of Trumpians

clueliss

7 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Slight tangent, and apologies if this has been posted before, but The Guardian has reviewed the four weirdest self-published erotica novels of the Trump era.

The article begins "If you’ve ever wondered what it might be like to, say, have a sexual encounter with Mike Pence, Kindle has you covered." I can honestly say this is not something that has ever brushed past my mind before, and now I really, really need brain bleach.

From "My Antifa Lover" to "Putin on the Trump" which... look, I know fanfic likes shipping but seriously?? (Also not much of a stretch.)

Anyway, the authors range from the good (Chuck Tingle) to the... not good, and I am still trying to get my head around any of this.

Oh Lord. Pass the brain bleach this way when you're done.

Real people fic is kind of inherently squicky, IMO, and this sounds like the worst of the absolute worst no matter how well it's written. 

(I love reading fanfic. But about real people? Something makes me feel a little uncomfortable with that in most cases.)

• I Agree 6

29 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Because of course.

Good. I hope they sue the pants off him.

• I Agree 7

7 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Oh Lord. Pass the brain bleach this way when you're done.

Real people fic is kind of inherently squicky, IMO, and this sounds like the worst of the absolute worst no matter how well it's written. 

(I love reading fanfic. But about real people? Something makes me feel a little uncomfortable with that in most cases.)

Me too. Characters being played by actors? No problem. Actual people who are themselves? I find really uncomfortable as I discovered when someone talked about "Dancing with the Stars" fanfic. 

• Upvote 3

Gonna hop out on a limb and guess this is the case.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I just checked the local store that was selling the Mein Pillow shit and it looks like they might not be doing so anymore . At least there's no Mein Pillow stuff on their website now.  Might have to go in and see if the stores are still selling it.  Of course if they're selling off their existing product I might give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Upvote 5

Sometimes I watch Hallmark movies on demand. The pillow guy used to be on during every commercial break. No more. Now it's home security systems and hair restoration. No pillows.

• Upvote 11

I thought about the end times of Revelation - 4+ years ago when Trump was elected and sworn in and wanted to know why the "Christians" managed to put an anti-christ into power. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

The elongated skull is The Punisher emblem.  According to WIKI, The Punisher is a character in various Marvel Comics:  The character is depicted as a Sicilian-American vigilante who employs murder, kidnapping, extortion, coercion, threats of violence, and torture in his campaign against crime.

Driven by the deaths of his wife and two children, who were killed by the mob for witnessing a killing in New York City's Central Park, the Punisher wages a one-man war on crime using various weapons. His family's killers were the first to be slain.

A war veteran and a U.S. Marine Corps Scout/Sniper in Force Recon, Castle is skilled in hand-to-hand combat, guerrilla warfare, and marksmanship. He is well known by his skull motif on his chest.

Here are two links about The Punisher emblem and it's current adoption by police and hate groups, both returned near the top on a google search

Police in the US Have Embraced the Punisher Skull as an Unofficial Logo. Now the Character’s Creator Is Asking Artists of Color to Reclaim It  Gerry Conway doesn't want the Punisher skull to become a symbol of law enforcement.

Is it time for Marvel to retire the Punisher? The character's skull logo was worn by Capitol rioters  The Punisher skull has become a symbol of hate as many far-right groups in the US have taken to championing the character

• Thank You 4

Good grief: "Brad Parscale urges Trump to run again as a 'martyr'"

Brad Parscale is calling on former President Donald Trump to run again, saying multiple impeachments can work in his onetime boss' favor.

“If they only impeached you twice, you need to run again. Because to change the system you have to kick it in the a#$,” Trump's former campaign manager wrote in a tweet Saturday addressed to the now Twitter-less Trump. “I would love to be [sic] the only President to be impeached three times. Because history remembers those that didn’t conform. I’m in, are you?”

Parscale also gave Trump advice on strategy in a subsequent tweet.

“If Trump asked me how to win again. I would run on being impeached twice. They are about to give him super powers,” Parscale wrote. "They are about to make him a martyr.”

After losing in November, Trump told allies that he was running in 2024, but that was before the Capitol insurrection he spurred on led to his unprecedented second impeachment and clouded his political future.

Support among Republicans and GOP-leaning independents for a Trump 2024 GOP primary bid dipped from 53 percent in November to 40 percent as of mid-January, according to POLITICO/Morning Consult polls.

Parscale was Trump’s 2020 campaign manager until July, when he was removed abruptly from his post. He remained on the campaign in a limited role until September, when he left altogether after an incident at his Florida home in which Parscale was involuntarily detained by police.

In the Fox News interview, he said he’s still loyal to Trump. Parscale did, however, disagree with Trump's pandemic strategy, arguing the then-president should have been more empathetic in his response.

"A young family with a young child who are scared to take them back to school wanted to see an empathetic president. And an empathetic Republican Party," Parscale said. "And I said this multiple times and he chose a different path. I don't think he was wrong, I love him, but we had a difference on this. I thought we should have public empathy."

Trump is facing a second Senate impeachment trial next week on charges of inciting the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. The House impeached Trump in December 2019 on charges of abuse of power and obstructing Congress but he was acquitted in the Senate. It’s widely expected that Trump will be acquitted again this time around.

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 7