IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, displayname said:

They can have paid memberships with youtube now, so if they wanted they could have people pay to have perks like private discord membership (not sure if any Duggars would do that though) live stream chat access, special emojis, badges, etc...they can also make money through superchats  (kind of like a tipping system) on livestreams. 

Edit to add: They can in theory put every one of their youtube videos behind a membership paywall, but it wouldn't be very smart in my opinion.  

Youtube can make a LOT of money if you put the work into it and have a lot of followers. I have a friend who's a youtuber, she has around 150k followers and makes pretty good money but she uploads videos at least twice a week, does traveling vlogs, contests and a ton of diverse content.

• Upvote 9

Most of the YouTube channels I watch do ads, sponsorships (when they get them), and Patreon, with all the "extras" and bonus features on Patreon rather than YouTube. I don't know a lot of the individual YouTubers who do the paid memberships.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

Most of the YouTube channels I watch do ads, sponsorships (when they get them), and Patreon, with all the "extras" and bonus features on Patreon rather than YouTube. I don't know a lot of the individual YouTubers who do the paid memberships.

Paid memberships just feel like cable all over again. For one channel it's insane.

Oddly enough Patreon feels different, maybe because there's more/other content? It feels much less like a paywall and much more like bonus content.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 6/23/2021 at 7:00 AM, WiseGirl said:

Take with a grain of salt but I was pleasantly surprised that the Hollywood Gossip article which was snarky about her oldest brother. They seem to be hoping he will get 20 years and they pointed out how poorly women in the cult are treated. From the article "But hey, if there's anyone who's accustomed to awful men taking priority of good, likable women, it's Jana,"

It's a start. May more sites start pointing out how awful the cult is.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2021/06/jana-duggar-and-stephen-wissmann-secretly-engaged/

The article is interesting, but the editing error below (see bolded) is especially funny.

Fans have been waiting for news of a Jana engagement for a long, long time now, and it sucks that her big news is being overshadowed by her husband's predatory behavior.

Clearly the article meant “brother’s predatory behavior.”  ?

Poor Jana.  Definitely agree that she has a lifelong experience dealing with misogyny.  I do hope this courtship or engagement works out for her.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 7/6/2021 at 2:39 PM, raayx01 said:

They might want to deal with this and put weddings on the back burner until next year. 

I would think if Jana is seriously interested in this guy and he is ready to marry, they would not want to put their wedding on a back burner.  I suspect Jana would prefer a smaller family wedding instead of a great big circus. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

From their statement about the cancellation it is clear JB & M do not consider themselves accountable in any way- in fact they are praising themselves for being a positive influence on families.

If there is a small wedding then it’s because the bride and groom have pushed back sufficiently to insist on it. I’m sure if JB had his way it would be filmed by Duggar Productions and hawked for money on whatever format he could find. I think Jed kept his low key because he still has political aspirations and he must realise endorsing the circus could well damage his prospects.

There has never been any indication that Jana disagrees with her parents - she’s been doing their bidding on social media. She uses the Duggar name to promote her projects and for paid endorsements. She may be glad not to have a TLC camera following a wedding but that doesn’t mean she isn’t willing to exploit the occasion for cash.

• Upvote 8

Jb might even agree to a small wedding. More money for C word’s defence. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Jb might even agree to a small wedding. More money for C word’s defence. 

True - I guess there’ll be fewer freebies now there’s no TV and we know how cheap JB can be.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 7/7/2021 at 11:07 PM, justmy2cents said:

She was at the Wissmann's for Christmas, long before the Josh situation. Plus we have a poster with insider knowledge who pretty much confirmed both courtships. If they wanted to distract, the courtships wouldn't be so under the radar.

Who is the poster with insider knowledge? As far as I know, this person has not been verified. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Who is the poster with insider knowledge? As far as I know, this person has not been verified. 

Referring to @Marionette. I don’t know if they’ve been verified but the info sounded legit to me. Time will tell.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Referring to @Marionette. I don’t know if they’ve been verified but the info sounded legit to me. Time will tell.

As with any self proclaimed insider, ping me if there are issues! Sorry if this sounds offensive @Marionette! I think you have been here a while but I always try to be careful with insiders- got to protect our little FJ family. It does not sound like you are a Raising Ruth or anything but I like to be safe. I am happy to get you verified  if you wish!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Idlewild said:

If there is a small wedding then it’s because the bride and groom have pushed back sufficiently to insist on it. I’m sure if JB had his way it would be filmed by Duggar Productions and hawked for money on whatever format he could find. I think Jed kept his low key because he still has political aspirations and he must realise endorsing the circus could well damage his prospects.

It'll be hard considering Jed's political prospects depend in their entirety on said circus. He would have no political profile without it. I feel like the Jed wedding was low key moreso because of the weirdness of his courtship with Katey. It seemed a lot more cult-like than anyone else's in the family. Then again, both Jed and Justin had super low key courtships/engagements/weddings, which might've been because the Duggars had an inkling of what was coming and were more interested in getting some of the extra mouths out of the house before shit hit the fan too hard.

Of course, none of the Counting On viewers cared as much about the younger boys as they did about the older girls. Jed and Justin were never going to pull the same kind of numbers as, say, Jessa or Jinger--or Jana. I have no idea what's going to happen with Jana's wedding, or if this relationship with this Wissman guy is even real, but it's going to have a lot more attention directed at it than any of the recent weddings/future rumored courtships combined.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I think Justin would have been more public, if only because Mrs Spivey seems keen. She commented about the ‘cute’ filming on her Instagram and when they were featured on the CO FB page she popped up in the comments praising them. I suspect, like the Kellers all those years ago, the Spiveys were given a very watered down version of what was going on.

They may have to content themselves with Instagram pregnancy stories or at most a small feature in a gossip magazine. 

I don’t know anything about Jed’s in laws, but a sizeable number of people voted for him despite the fact he had no experience of anything beyond the Duggar borg so I’m not convinced his political ambitions have been completely killed off.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

if this relationship with this Wissman guy is even real, *snip*

It was real. They were sitting together at the Wissman family Christmas, which isn't what would happen if she was merely there to chaperone Jeremiah. It also appears to still be current, judging by the recently linked pictures.

Now, whether it'll end in marriage and how large that wedding will be is anyone's guess, but the relationship seems pretty darn verified.

• Upvote 8

If Jana and Stephen are together, why were they not married off years ago, if the families have known each other for years? If they had chemistry years ago, and were fond of each other, and Stephen is Jana's "type", why are they only pre-courting/courting/engaged now? 

In terms of providing arrows for the quiver, it would have been more advantageous for them to marry Jana and Stephen off years ago.

My theory is, that Jana is not a super romantic person, and doesn't get that excited about dates, courtships and guys and engagements, and then she took that as a fact that God was telling her not to go down that route with a particular guy, but now she knows Stephen so well that she is more into the idea. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

If Jana and Stephen are together, why were they not married off years ago, if the families have known each other for years? If they had chemistry years ago, and were fond of each other, and Stephen is Jana's "type", why are they only pre-courting/courting/engaged now? 

In terms of providing arrows for the quiver, it would have been more advantageous for them to marry Jana and Stephen off years ago.

My theory is, that Jana is not a super romantic person, and doesn't get that excited about dates, courtships and guys and engagements, and then she took that as a fact that God was telling her not to go down that route with a particular guy, but now she knows Stephen so well that she is more into the idea. 

and she will have a suitable smaller quiver, compared to Kendra, Joy, Jessa etc. So they may have actively waited. I can see that happening in their world. You just need a little longer to figure out gods will. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

There are plenty of reasons why they might have started a relationship recently even though they've known each other a long time. Maybe one or both of them were interested in someone else, but that relationship didn't work out. Maybe Stephen liked Jana but was hesitant about being involved with a TV show. Maybe they were family friends but the relationship took longer to grow romantic. I've known people who were friends for years before realizing the feelings were deeper, and those were people who are allowed to hang out with the opposite sex without supervision. Maybe they didn't really know each other that well as individuals, but Jana accompanied Jer to visit Hannah and got to know Stephen better. 

I don't buy into the theory that JB & M have kept Jana from marrying so she can essentially be their slave, but I don't think they would've been in a hurry to push her into some sort of semi-arranged marriage while she was the only daughter at home old enough to cook, clean and run the house.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

Stephen is 3.5 years younger than Jana. It’s totally possible he wasn’t ready for marriage until the last few years. Women in fundieland are ready for marriage at 18. But the males might feel like they need to get some shit together before they are ready for marriage. Stephen will turn 28 in 3 days. The Wissmanns are not a family known for young marriage. I don’t think any got married as teens and some of the sisters got married in their 30s. 

I want to add, just because the families know each other for years doesn’t mean Jans and Stephen knew one another well. The Duggars tend to separate young people by their sex. So Jana could know a few of the Wissmann girls pretty well, but only talked to the boys in very superficial terms. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 8

9 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Chelsy (Bontrager) and John Maxwell were another pair that the families had known each other a long time, but the two had never really talked, inadvertently started talking at an event in their late 20s, and realized it was actually a really good fit. 

A lot of small changes in personality that have big effects occur between 25 and 28. Your prefrontal cortex finally completes development, you settle into your adult life, interests, and view points more distant from your parents, and all of a sudden you're compatible with people you've known forever, but never had any interest in. 

The bonus is while you weren't together, you do have tons of shared memories and so it's much less sudden and feels much more comfortable right off the bat. There also is less of a rush because "we've already waited 10 years, what's one more?" Things just kind of click into place and you are genuinely marrying your best friend.

I'm not saying all of that's true for Jana and Stephen, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's more or less what happened/what's happening.

• Upvote 16

I was just thinking that even if Jana wanted a small wedding, it would be hard for her to have a small wedding party. There are just so many people in each family. Jill married a man with only one brother so she didn’t feel like she had to include a bunch of siblings from his family. But Stephen has 12 siblings and Jana has 18. That’s 30 siblings! How are you supposed to have a small wedding party when there are 30 siblings amongst you. Plus Jana has friends outside the family like Laura and Michaela. 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Chelsy (Bontrager) and John Maxwell were another pair that the families had known each other a long time, but the two had never really talked, inadvertently started talking at an event in their late 20s, and realized it was actually a really good fit. 

A lot of small changes in personality that have big effects occur between 25 and 28. Your prefrontal cortex finally completes development, you settle into your adult life, interests, and view points more distant from your parents, and all of a sudden you're compatible with people you've known forever, but never had any interest in. 

The bonus is while you weren't together, you do have tons of shared memories and so it's much less sudden and feels much more comfortable right off the bat. There also is less of a rush because "we've already waited 10 years, what's one more?" Things just kind of click into place and you are genuinely marrying your best friend.

I'm not saying all of that's true for Jana and Stephen, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's more or less what happened/what's happening.

It's me, it's me! My divorce finalized when I was 26. Later that year, I started dating a long time friend whom I hope to marry sometime next year. My life is so much more peaceful now at 30 - which I attribute mostly to the fact that my brain is "done cooking," and I selected a partner who reflects that. Marrying young works for some people, but it certainly didn't work for me. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was just thinking that even if Jana wanted a small wedding, it would be hard for her to have a small wedding party. There are just so many people in each family. Jill married a man with only one brother so she didn’t feel like she had to include a bunch of siblings from his family. But Stephen has 12 siblings and Jana has 18. That’s 30 siblings! How are you supposed to have a small wedding party when there are 30 siblings amongst you. Plus Jana has friends outside the family like Laura and Michaela. 

Sure, but small is relative. IIRC, her siblings all had 1000+ people. They could consider anything under 500 "small."

Edited by Mrs. Kravitz
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Katie Bates is having 7. Not small but not huge. Four of her sisters and one SiL, her fiance's sister and a friend. And then the niece she is closest to as her flower girl. She's leaving out 5 sisters, one (will be by December) SIL and her fiance's SIL. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Katie Bates is having 7. Not small but not huge. Four of her sisters and one SiL, her fiance's sister and a friend. And then the niece she is closest to as her flower girl. She's leaving out 5 sisters, one (will be by December) SIL and her fiance's SIL. 

I know but her fiancé only has 2 siblings. 30 siblings between two people is insane. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

My favorite wedding, of all time, was a surprise. The couple invited both families and friends to a picnic at a local park with a large pavilion and a huge playground. There were about 200 of us there. 

The potluck gathering was announced as a graduation/engagement party. After dinner, but before dessert (homemade ice cream) they announced “We have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that we are eloping. The good news is that we are doing it right now, so none of you miss the wedding!” 

They married right then and there. She was in a white sundress snd red cowgirl boots! He had on a Pearl snap shirt and jeans.

The pastor and a few relatives knew. It was a complete shock to everyone. 

No bridesmaids, no church, no special decorations, and no fuss. 

His brother passed his hat ? and most of us put in a check as a gift. I still think it was one of the most beautiful and enjoyable weddings, ever. 

One of my sons wants to do the same thing, but needs to find a bride who is willing.?

The bride told us, later, that they had started planning and both really wanted a small wedding, but couldn’t see how to do it without offending folks. Her grandmother said maybe they should go for easy and relaxed instead of small. Her suggestion became the surprise wedding 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 18

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic