IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

34 minutes ago, Bassett Lady said:

My favorite wedding, of all time, was a surprise. The couple invited both families and friends to a picnic at a local park with a large pavilion and a huge playground. There were about 200 of us there. 

The potluck gathering was announced as a graduation/engagement party. After dinner, but before dessert (homemade ice cream) they announced “We have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that we are eloping. The good news is that we are doing it right now, so none of you miss the wedding!” 

They married right then and there. She was in a white sundress snd red cowgirl boots! He had on a Pearl snap shirt and jeans.

The pastor and a few relatives knew. It was a complete shock to everyone. 

No bridesmaids, no church, no special decorations, and no fuss. 

His brother passed his hat ? and most of us put in a check as a gift. I still think it was one of the most beautiful and enjoyable weddings, ever. 

One of my sons wants to do the same thing, but needs to find a bride who is willing.?

The bride told us, later, that they had started planning and both really wanted a small wedding, but couldn’t see how to do it without offending folks. Her grandmother said maybe they should go for easy and relaxed instead of small. Her suggestion became the surprise wedding 

Michelle Pfeiffer was adopting a baby while she was dating her future husband. She sent out invites to her baby’s christening, then got married while everyone was at the church. So the people who were close to her were there, but the media and hangers-on weren’t interested. Very clever if you happen to be in that situation.

Back on topic, Jana has definitely eliminated one sibling from the wedding party. Josh is otherwise occupied. My guess is Laura (maybe as MOH so Jana doesn’t have to pick between sisters), Michaela, Abbie, Jill, Jessa, Hannie, Hannah Wissman, and possibly Joy. Assorted nieces as flower girls. I think Josie, Jordyn, and Kenzie will not be in the wedding. JD would definitely be a groomsman, and probably Jer because he’s courting Hannah, but the others would be up to Stephen and probably wouldn’t include many Duggars.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Back on topic, Jana has definitely eliminated one sibling from the wedding party. Josh is otherwise occupied. My guess is Laura (maybe as MOH so Jana doesn’t have to pick between sisters), Michaela, Abbie, Jill, Jessa, Hannie, Hannah Wissman, and possibly Joy. Assorted nieces as flower girls. I think Josie, Jordyn, and Kenzie will not be in the wedding. JD would definitely be a groomsman, and probably Jer because he’s courting Hannah, but the others would be up to Stephen and probably wouldn’t include many Duggars.

Pretty sure JD has literally been a groomsmen in every sibling's wedding, and he'll no doubt be one in this one. 

Stephen only has four brothers, so... His four brothers + best friend? + JD & Jeremiah gets him up to 7, maybe Austin Forsyth to get to 8. If Jana really wanted more than eight, he could always throw in a few other brothers-in-law.

Jana... I'm guessing Jill will be MOH, Anna because co-parenting, Laura, Michaela, Hannah W. is five, and then maybe Jessa, Jinger, and Joy to round it out for old times' sake? If not Jinger, then Abbie would be another good pick.

Now you've got me really curious about this ?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Michelle Pfeiffer was adopting a baby while she was dating her future husband. She sent out invites to her baby’s christening, then got married while everyone was at the church. So the people who were close to her were there, but the media and hangers-on weren’t interested. Very clever if you happen to be in that situation.

What about Jenny? Is she even invited? LOL!

• Upvote 1

Just now, SassyPants said:

Poor Jenny. Always forgotten. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

Which one of the boys was in Jana’s buddy group? That one will be a groomsman I imagine. 

ETA: I looked it up and Jackson and Jason were her buddies along with Josie. I could see her feeling like they should be groomsmen since she helped raise them. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Which one of the boys was in Jana’s buddy group? That one will be a groomsman I imagine. 

Jason? Jill had James, right?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jason, Jackson and I think Josie were her buddy group

I imagine that most of the large fundie weddings draw the same crowd but it does seem like it would be weird to go to a Stephen/Jana wedding and then a couple of months later go to a Jer/Hannah wedding.  (if either actually happen)  It'd be the exact same crowd at both weddings.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fundiefriday said:

I imagine that most of the large fundie weddings draw the same crowd but it does seem like it would be weird to go to a Stephen/Jana wedding and then a couple of months later go to a Jer/Hannah wedding.  (if either actually happen)  It'd be the exact same crowd at both weddings.

But it’s the exact same crowd at so many of these weddings. Because cult ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

If JB has any say in Jana’s wedding ( and I hope he doesn’t but then we don’t know if Jana has independent funds ) I can see him trying to score a deal with a gossip magazine and then trotting the whole family out, including Anna and her children up front to show what a united family they are and they are caring for Josh’s family. And the humpers will love it.

• Upvote 6

Im guessing Jd Jason Jackson  and jer in the boy party 

and laura micheala jill (all possibilities for moh) possibly jill or micheal as matron of honour and laura as maid of honour jessa jinger joy johanna and anna (to show support). Josie and possibly jordyn as flower girls junior bridesmaids. I would hate for it to be josie and kenzie and jordyn misses out. poor jenni, I am still sad Jill had Johanna rather than Jenni as Jordyn got to be Jessa's and Josie got Jinger's. 

• Upvote 1

This thread makes it seem like the Jana-Stephan engagement is a done deal. I don't follow Jana Duggar or Stephan Wissman so I don't know if this is speculation or if I missed something. Are they currently engaged or  is an engagement just "likely".

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I’m sure she wouldn’t mind staying home and having a relaxing day to herself for once!

• Upvote 7

Maybe Jana will keep it simple. Just Abbie and John David. Wouldn't that be more her style? Maybe add Laura and one of Stephen's brothers?  Its funny we are planning her wedding without even an engagement announcement. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, browngrl said:

This thread makes it seem like the Jana-Stephan engagement is a done deal. I don't follow Jana Duggar or Stephan Wissman so I don't know if this is speculation or if I missed something. Are they currently engaged or  is an engagement just "likely".

No announcement of an engagement, and no confirmation of the relationship. But they’ve been photographed together a lot, and there hasn’t been a denial. The Duggars have been super quiet about the last couple of relationships, and they’ve gone even more quiet since Josh was arrested and the show was canceled.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

23 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

No announcement of an engagement, and no confirmation of the relationship. But they’ve been photographed together a lot, and there hasn’t been a denial. The Duggars have been super quiet about the last couple of relationships, and they’ve gone even more quiet since Josh was arrested and the show was canceled.

Thank you Browngirl for asking the question.  I was wondering if I missed something. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

For a minute I was thinking Jer was in Jana's buddy group and was like, oh how convenient lol, but I'm pretty sure y'all are right and Jana had Jason/Jackson/Josie on her team. I think Jana's bridesmaids - for whatever future wedding she has haha - will include Laura (MOH), Anna (I think they've always been close), Abbie, Jill, Jessa, Joy, probably Jinger (though she's the biggest maybe of the big girls), Hannie, maybe Jenni, and maybe a couple SIL's. Definitely at least 6, but likely no more than 10. If the hypothetical groom happens to be Stephen Wissman, I'd expect him to include his 4 brothers, JD, and friends. 

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was just thinking that even if Jana wanted a small wedding, it would be hard for her to have a small wedding party. There are just so many people in each family. Jill married a man with only one brother so she didn’t feel like she had to include a bunch of siblings from his family. But Stephen has 12 siblings and Jana has 18. That’s 30 siblings! How are you supposed to have a small wedding party when there are 30 siblings amongst you. Plus Jana has friends outside the family like Laura and Michaela. 

They could have a small wedding party by just having one “attendant” each (maid/matron of honor and best man) for the ceremony and then having a “close friends and family” party afterwards. Though there are a lot of them, I figure they could keep the friends and family to 60-75, which is a moderate sized wedding.  (They could also have a moderate sized wedding where half the guests are “in” the wedding as bridesmaids, flower girls, groomsmen, ring bearers, etc.) 

As for what TV or other coverage they might have, I was just reading that the Duggars can’t approach another network with their show until after 6 months because of the contract with TLC.  I wonder if that would apply to their own videos of a family wedding.

The real question is what they would want to do. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

They could have a small wedding party by just having one “attendant” each (maid/matron of honor and best man) for the ceremony and then having a “close friends and family” party afterwards. Though there are a lot of them, I figure they could keep the friends and family to 60-75, which is a moderate sized wedding.  *snip*

There are 41 siblings/spouses/niblings/two parents just for Stephen, and that doesn't include his grandparents on either side, so 45 minimum if they're all still alive.

For Jana there are 56 not including Pest nor grandparents, and factoring in that Claire and Katey will likely announce pregnancies any day now.

That's at least 97 right there, and that's just immediate family. Doesn't even include Famy, Laura, nor Michaela; only siblings and their spouses + niblings + parents.

If Jana wants a small wedding... Good luck. In their case "tiny" is 100, and I suspect small would be in the realm of 250-300, which I believe is about the same size as Carlin (Bates) Stewart's wedding, so probably doable. And we know Carlin and Jana are friends, so that might actually be a good resource.

Considering how entrenched the Wissmanns are in Nebraska, I also strongly suspect the wedding would/will be held in Nebraska.

And who knows @Idlewild? I'm sure Boob would loooove a double wedding. That's what got the Bontragers/Bowers so much positive media attention. Just have the wedding in Nebraska, tuck Anna and the M kids neatly off to the side, make the Wissman surname the big feature of it, and rake in the tabloid cash because double wedding at reasonable ages + CinderJana gets married, who needs to even think about Pest?

• Upvote 4

If you look at the Bates, both Carlin and Josie had very reasonable sized outdoor weddings. I can see Jana with something similar: 200-300 guests in a beautiful garden somewhere.

And Justin and Claire also had a smaller group present right? 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Where can i spot said photos???! So keen for Jana to marry. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I hope Jana includes Jill in any possible bridal party. I guess I just thought she drank the Kool-aid so hard she might leave Jill out of the bridal party. 

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

If you look at the Bates, both Carlin and Josie had very reasonable sized outdoor weddings. I can see Jana with something similar: 200-300 guests in a beautiful garden somewhere.

And Justin and Claire also had a smaller group present right? 

But Carlin and Josie didn’t have huge in law families like the Wissmanns. That was my point all along. There haven’t been a lot of weddings in fundieland where the couple has 30 siblings. Plus many of them married with kids. It’s a lot.

• I Agree 5

32 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But Carlin and Josie didn’t have huge in law families like the Wissmanns. That was my point all along. There haven’t been a lot of weddings in fundieland where the couple has 30 siblings. Plus many of them married with kids. It’s a lot.

Ok, that’s maybe then 30-40 extra people (some extra siblings + spouses and kids), still not close to 1000 guests.

Wasn't Jana in Priscilla Waller's wedding too? 

Picking bridesmaids in Jana's position would be extremely difficult. MAYBE THATS THE TRUE REASON WHY SHE HAS WAITED TO GET MARRIED???!!??1!!! lol. 

• Haha 18

18 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Wasn't Jana in Priscilla Waller's wedding too? 

Picking bridesmaids in Jana's position would be extremely difficult. MAYBE THATS THE TRUE REASON WHY SHE HAS WAITED TO GET MARRIED???!!??1!!! lol. 

Real-life 27 Dresses? If she saved them all, it could be a modesty take-down for her own wedding and she could focus on moving her greenhouse to Nebraska. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic