IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I loved Sperry shoes! So super cute, but no, they don't offer enough support. I loved Converse sneakers too and had a bunch of colors several years ago. As I get older I went from anything that I like to must wear flats to now, must have orthopedic support. Man getting old blows. ?

I use an arch insert in my Sperry shoes. It helps but I have to wear them in moderation 

• Upvote 2

On 5/22/2021 at 11:06 AM, meep said:

They are the ugliest, most comfiest shoes in existence. ?

You should be aware that Crocs also makes very cute ballet flats that are just as comfy AND you can get them for $20 a pair at the Crocs outlet store. Loooove them.

• Upvote 10

10 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

You should be aware that Crocs also makes very cute ballet flats that are just as comfy AND you can get them for $20 a pair at the Crocs outlet store. Loooove them.

I literally wore a hole in my ballet flat Crocs. Now I wear them as house shoes. They save my feet while cooking. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I had no idea! Just spent a few minutes browsing the site. I wonder how comfy the sneakers are. The pink ones look cute. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, meep said:

I had no idea! Just spent a few minutes browsing the site. I wonder how comfy the sneakers are. The pink ones look cute. 

Lightweight and really comfy. I don't own a pair, but I did try them on.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I've had three different crocs flats and I have an important tip: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AIR HOLES. I had one pair that I loved that had a lot of airflow and then after several years a couple parts broke and they no longer carried that style. I got a pair of replacements that didn't have holes and my feet bathe in sweat when I wear them.

But on the whole I have really liked them!

• Upvote 4

Thanks for the Merrell-sandal-talk! It reminded me I’ve completely worn out my all time favourite pair and I found a new pair online on sale. Yay!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 5/22/2021 at 2:28 PM, Bastet said:

Think people who are on their feet all day—wait staff, nurse’s  aides, etc., and they are often wearing clog type shoes.

As a medical provider, my favorite shoes for long days on my feet are easily the Crocs workwear line.  My feet were easily outlasting people in far pricier shoes.  

I wish the breathability were better, and as a half size I didn't love how the dansko-style ones fit.  But as far as comfort (when it's temperature controlled so that breathability isn't a concern), how well my body tolerates being on them all day, etc., I absolutely love them.  Some of their cute sandals are my go-to summer shoe.  

• Upvote 3

Shoes are my weakness. I love ASICS for athletic shoes. In terms of other types of shoes, here are my favorites: Vionic, Taos, Naot, Merrill and Rieker. I also have a couple of pairs of Danskos, but they are hit and miss as they can be really heavy.

• Upvote 3

I’m on my feet all day but my dress code at work means I can’t wear most of the best brands for foot comfort :( 

I have orthotics so it can be really hard to get good shoes, especially since I have a very narrow foot and many orthotic friendly shoes are extra wide  or granny style  I am NOT wearing anything with velcro.

I wear a lot of Bared Footwear and I have a pair of metallic Rollie Nation flats which I sneak into rotation without getting into trouble for being too casual. I’ve considered Frankie4 but I haven’t found any that I really love. 

• Upvote 2

Sometimes ABEO has really cute stuff, and they allow you to pick which orthotic fits your foot the best. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jasmar said:

Sometimes ABEO has really cute stuff, and they allow you to pick which orthotic fits your foot the best. 

I almost exclusively wear ABEO now. Love them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I couldn't believe it when my teacher friend told me bright Crocs are very in with the kids right now! I wear them instead of slippers around the house because I need support and cushion (thanks plantar fasciitis) but would not dare wear them farther than the garage! 

• I Agree 5

re: Crocs

Whilst comfy, I've found that they get my feet extremely sweaty, so I can't wear them for too long. I usually just wear my mum's pair which is a size bigger for me when I go for a laundry run back and forth between her apartment and the laundry facility... but I can just feel the heat. My mum says the same, they're comfy but hot. Hmmm would they have a less sweaty model?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Ahhhh, Crocs. I think my first pair were purple, then I had a hot pink pair and then a red pair. I remember you used to be able to get those little charm things with designs on to put in the holes, like these:

BAEC5985-480E-468B-889B-C2594975A191.thumb.jpeg.49696f918c967b97c6da9b834c8da205.jpeg

Apparently they’re called jibbitz. 

Edited by mango_fandango
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Ahhhh, Crocs. I think my first pair were purple, then I had a hot pink pair and then a red pair. I remember you used to be able to get those little charm things with designs on to put in the holes, like these:

BAEC5985-480E-468B-889B-C2594975A191.thumb.jpeg.49696f918c967b97c6da9b834c8da205.jpeg

Apparently they’re called jibbitz. 

So cute. Just got these for my daughter. She has her Jersey # on them.

E0BECF6E-0FF1-4C66-B135-3F262ED043A5.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Does anyone have a picture of the back of Jana’s denim jacket? There is a picture of a family reunion for the Wissman family and the article is saying Janais there because a picture of the back of a woman with long hair and she is in a denim jacket. It looks like a metal button in the middle of the jacket. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, sansan said:

Does anyone have a picture of the back of Jana’s denim jacket? There is a picture of a family reunion for the Wissman family and the article is saying Janais there because a picture of the back of a woman with long hair and she is in a denim jacket. It looks like a metal button in the middle of the jacket. 

Paging @JermajestyDuggarwho is usually up to date on Wissman's. Based on comments in other threads I suspect she is there because she didn't attend Jill's birthday lunch with her sisters.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Paging @JermajestyDuggarwho is usually up to date on Wissman's. Based on comments in other threads I suspect she is there because she didn't attend Jill's birthday lunch with her sisters.

That’s what I think too. She would have gone to Jill’s birthday if she was in town. The Wissmanns are now much better about posting pictures and video clips minus Jana. They learned their lesson. 

• Upvote 12

On 5/24/2021 at 9:54 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

I had no idea. just ordered a pair. Thanks!

• Upvote 3

The photo I posted isn’t actually of me or anyone I know, I got it off Google Images. 
I don’t know if I’ve still got my Crocs. I haven’t worn them in a long time.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, sansan said:

I'm awful at linking but if you go to her Instagram, there are several examples right at the top. Definitely could be her, but hard to say for certain. I've seen what are two potential glimpses that made me go hmmm it's all circumstantial. 

• Upvote 3

There’s also a picture of one of the wissmann sister in-laws wearing a Jean jacket so very likely it was her in the suspected picture not Jana. Still very possible she was there and they were very careful not to post any pics of her. I thought they were all relatively quite on Instagram with this reunion compared to others, could just be coincidence. They just posted a full family pic and there are two brother in laws standing right next to Stephen in a straight row, looks odd to me since everyone else is staggered, almost like they removed someone and repositioned for the picture ? probably reading too much into it 

A26BC644-E0E9-4290-B75A-935A403DA704.jpeg

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

There’s also a picture of one of the wissmann sister in-laws wearing a Jean jacket so very likely it was her in the suspected picture not Jana. Still very possible she was there and they were very careful not to post any pics of her. I thought they were all relatively quite on Instagram with this reunion compared to others, could just be coincidence. They just posted a full family pic and there are two brother in laws standing right next to Stephen in a straight row, looks odd to me since everyone else is staggered, almost like they removed someone and repositioned for the picture ? probably reading too much into it 

A26BC644-E0E9-4290-B75A-935A403DA704.jpeg

It’s totally possible they took one picture with Jana standing next to Stephen on the right, and then she stepped out of the picture so they could get a picture they could post immediately online. That could explains why there seems to be a gap. Ryan could be filling in a hole made by Jana stepping out of the picture. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic