IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

But I could see JB wanting a happy distraction to make humpers forget about Josh. Of course no one can forget about Josh. But I do think JB is ignorant enough to think a big spread in People of Jana’s perfect farmhouse chic wedding will make everyone forget. 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5

Stephen's sister Hannah, is, per the Wissmann website, apparently interested in "interior design and seasonal décor", so perhaps Jana and Hannah bonded over that, despite the age difference (5 years). Particularly if Hannah is also pre-courting/courting Jer. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Anyone else not able to find the janamwissmann Instagram account? I was able to find it before, but now it seems to be missing. 

• Eyeroll 1

I get four hits for Jana Wissmann.  I might be going out on a limb here, butI reckon it’s safe to say that neither the one with the rainbow background nor the one in sexy lingerie is Jana Duggar ?

E5AB2929-684E-4AA8-BEC6-2B603F1214C5.jpeg

• Haha 19

24 minutes ago, Karma said:

I get four hits for Jana Wissmann.  I might be going out on a limb here, butI reckon it’s safe to say that neither the one with the rainbow background nor the one in sexy lingerie is Jana Duggar ?

E5AB2929-684E-4AA8-BEC6-2B603F1214C5.jpeg

Yes I’d agree, hah! But there was a janamwissmann that is no longer showing up, it never had a pic. It had no followers and was only following 34 people. Just strange that it’s gone 

0C0BD77B-FDC1-47CE-BD2B-F1568C492850.png

Edited by kbohn23
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

51 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

Yes I’d agree, hah! But there was a janamwissmann that is no longer showing up, it never had a pic. It had no followers and was only following 34 people. Just strange that it’s gone 

0C0BD77B-FDC1-47CE-BD2B-F1568C492850.png

I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone with that name who, for whatever reason, just decided to get off social media. Especially if it's not just FJers but the creepier stalkers/cosplayers who searched that name and started doing something like sending inappropriate messages. If you only have instagram to follow a few people and suddenly start getting weird messages, that would be pretty unnerving.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But I could see JB wanting a happy distraction to make humpers forget about Josh. Of course no one can forget about Josh. But I do think JB is ignorant enough to think a big spread in People of Jana’s perfect farmhouse chic wedding will make everyone forget. 

What Jana’s wedding would be like is really interesting to me. She comes across as so introverted and private -  but also really, really invested in things looking a certain way and planning everything out. Especially at weddings. For her own would she want a huge wedding with a thousand details? Or something very small? Would the control aspects turn her into bridezilla, or would she let other people manage it? I’m thinking now, with everything, she’d go on the smaller side - but that’s still pretty big if both families have everyone, and you add in some close friends.  

• Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

What Jana’s wedding would be like is really interesting to me. She comes across as so introverted and private -  but also really, really invested in things looking a certain way and planning everything out. Especially at weddings. For her own would she want a huge wedding with a thousand details? Or something very small? Would the control aspects turn her into bridezilla, or would she let other people manage it? I’m thinking now, with everything, she’d go on the smaller side - but that’s still pretty big if both families have everyone, and you add in some close friends.  

I think Jana would have a hard time giving up control of the details. Especially the decorations. She would likely have help from the Duggar and Wissmann siblings. But I imagine she would be in charge. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Jana would have a hard time giving up control of the details. Especially the decorations. She would likely have help from the Duggar and Wissmann siblings. But I imagine she would be in charge. 

My house could best be described as “extremely cluttered in a haphazard non-Pinterest style” and I still spent a couple minutes of my wedding reception unreasonably annoyed that my family didn’t set up the table right. I can’t imagine what Jana will go through. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 7

I think If Jana does marry she will just update her current instagram name rather than making a new account 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

I wonder if this supposed courtship is all just “smoke and mirrors” to distract from the Josh situation and also to provide another layer of confusion to hide Jer’s pursuit of Hannah. Maybe everything that we think we know is merely circumstantial. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Angelface said:

I wonder if this supposed courtship is all just “smoke and mirrors” to distract from the Josh situation and also to provide another layer of confusion to hide Jer’s pursuit of Hannah. Maybe everything that we think we know is merely circumstantial. 

JB isn’t that clever. 

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, Angelface said:

I don’t think Jana would do that but mostly I think Stephen Wissman is not into game playing. He strikes me as a serious person.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Angelface said:

She was at the Wissmann's for Christmas, long before the Josh situation. Plus we have a poster with insider knowledge who pretty much confirmed both courtships. If they wanted to distract, the courtships wouldn't be so under the radar.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 13

I’m sure before the Josh stuff came out one of our fundie connections here confirmed that the Wissman courtships are happening.

Also the Duggars didn’t know when exactly Josh would be arrested. There have been two other courtships and weddings since the raid, both of which were more secretive than usual. Hillary Spivey posted a lot more about Justin than the Duggars themselves, and the plan with Jed! was to not tell anyone until it was over. I wonder if that’s partly because they knew a scandal was imminent and wanted to be sure it wouldn’t screw anything up.

And then there’s the weird filming schedule with the Easter/meeting Addison thing. My unfounded theory is that Jana has never wanted a televised wedding and when it became clear that Josh was a criminal and the end of the show was nigh, she took the opportunity to court Stephen more privately. Now that it’s cancelled she can have a smaller wedding, pick her own videographer, and argue with JB about putting it on YouTube.

• Upvote 11

Stephen's birthday is coming up (I only know because it's my birthday too lol) I wonder if we'll get any info leak around then....

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I think If Jana does marry she will just update her current instagram name rather than making a new account 

Then it can still be usefull to make a new account already with the handle she would like to use.

She can then keep it 'reserved' until the wedding and not risk that someone else will take it beforehand, which I am sure will happen with all the leghumpers. After she marries she can then just delete the new profile and immediately take the username that frees up. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Just an update on the janamwissmann Instagram account. Since it disappeared I tried to creat it and got a message that it was not available. I read in another thread you can deactivate an account and still hold on to the name for awhile. Maybe whoever owns this name was getting too many friend requests and decided to shut it down for a bit. But the fact that it’s not available makes me think its more legit…maybe wishful thinking 

D026E648-5B05-4773-A2EF-627790CFFAEA.png

• Eyeroll 1

I don't know much about how earning money on you tube works.  If the Duggars were to create their own you tube channel (if they don't already have one), can they offer content that you have to pay to see?  For example, could they stream a wedding and have people pay to subscribe in order to view it?  I'm wondering if Jim Bob will do this in the future as a money maker.  I know that Jill and Jessa make money from you tube videos but I think that's via ads.

31 minutes ago, fundiefriday said:

I don't know much about how earning money on you tube works.  If the Duggars were to create their own you tube channel (if they don't already have one), can they offer content that you have to pay to see?  For example, could they stream a wedding and have people pay to subscribe in order to view it?  I'm wondering if Jim Bob will do this in the future as a money maker.  I know that Jill and Jessa make money from you tube videos but I think that's via ads.

They can have paid memberships with youtube now, so if they wanted they could have people pay to have perks like private discord membership (not sure if any Duggars would do that though) live stream chat access, special emojis, badges, etc...they can also make money through superchats  (kind of like a tipping system) on livestreams. 

Edit to add: They can in theory put every one of their youtube videos behind a membership paywall, but it wouldn't be very smart in my opinion.  

Edited by displayname
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, displayname said:

They can have paid memberships with youtube now, so if they wanted they could have people pay to have perks like private discord membership (not sure if any Duggars would do that though) live stream chat access, special emojis, badges, etc...they can also make money through superchats  (kind of like a tipping system) on livestreams. 

The problem with this sort of thing is that it is much harder to moderate and control the narrative for youtube chats, in my opinion. I've been lurking on Websleuths recently following the Vallow / Dabell case, and also watching the Josh Duggar thread there. Websleuths trends right wing, but if there is anyone there who doesn't loathe Josh Duggar, they haven't spoken up in his defense. 

Despite the number of humpers for this corrupt family, I think they get far more people who take a morbid interest in the freak show, like most people here on FJ. That is not a great recipe for monetizing your fan base. Of course, I could be wrong: Tom Mills keeps doing the same boring stuff over and over on youtube, and he seems to be able to sustain interest with his youtube followers. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

The problem with this sort of thing is that it is much harder to moderate and control the narrative for youtube chats, in my opinion. I've been lurking on Websleuths recently following the Vallow / Dabell case, and also watching the Josh Duggar thread there. Websleuths trends right wing, but if there is anyone there who doesn't loathe Josh Duggar, they haven't spoken up in his defense. 

Despite the number of humpers for this corrupt family, I think they get far more people who take a morbid interest in the freak show, like most people here on FJ. That is not a great recipe for monetizing your fan base. Of course, I could be wrong: Tom Mills keeps doing the same boring stuff over and over on youtube, and he seems to be able to sustain interest with his youtube followers. 

The Duggars were the first freak show, so they received the most attention and likely profits. The Bateses failed TLC likely because the Duggars had already filled the mega family freak show spot on the network. Basic luck. Today, Anyone thinking there is a TV market to make good money purely for procreating a large family is crazy. That has already been done, and rather poorly. And despite JB’s proclamation that their show was about their faith, it was not. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

What I’ve mostly seen in Instagram comments on the multiple Duggar and Duggar fan /tracker accounts is that people REALLY dislike Josh, but are even more upset that the family is being blamed /sanctioned/punished for his f* ups. I could see the family getting some big YouTube view boosts based just on that. Especially the individual daughters. 

There is a creepy we love Josh! type page, but it doesn’t have many posts and strikes me as along the lines of how Serial Killers attract jail wives, than a common sentiment. 

• Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic