IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s totally possible they took one picture with Jana standing next to Stephen on the right, and then she stepped out of the picture so they could get a picture they could post immediately online. That could explains why there seems to be a gap. Ryan could be filling in a hole made by Jana stepping out of the picture. 

I don't see the hole. Which one is Ryan and which one is Stephen?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

41 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

There’s also a picture of one of the wissmann sister in-laws wearing a Jean jacket so very likely it was her in the suspected picture not Jana. Still very possible she was there and they were very careful not to post any pics of her. I thought they were all relatively quite on Instagram with this reunion compared to others, could just be coincidence. They just posted a full family pic and there are two brother in laws standing right next to Stephen in a straight row, looks odd to me since everyone else is staggered, almost like they removed someone and repositioned for the picture ? probably reading too much into it 

A26BC644-E0E9-4290-B75A-935A403DA704.jpeg

There have been far less stories posted this Memorial Day compared to the last few years. It's got to be hard being so careful to not post the wrong thing! LOL

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't see the hole. Which one is Ryan and which one is Stephen?

It’s not that there’s an actual hole in the pic but the three men are standing shoulder to shoulder where everyone else is staggered, so it looks odd as if maybe they repositioned themselves to fill in a “gap” after someone stepped out of the group. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, kbohn23 said:

There’s also a picture of one of the wissmann sister in-laws wearing a Jean jacket so very likely it was her in the suspected picture not Jana. Still very possible she was there and they were very careful not to post any pics of her. I thought they were all relatively quite on Instagram with this reunion compared to others, could just be coincidence. They just posted a full family pic and there are two brother in laws standing right next to Stephen in a straight row, looks odd to me since everyone else is staggered, almost like they removed someone and repositioned for the picture ? probably reading too much into it 

A26BC644-E0E9-4290-B75A-935A403DA704.jpeg

And Hannah also had room to have a male twin behind her. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/31/2021 at 1:30 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s totally possible they took one picture with Jana standing next to Stephen on the right, and then she stepped out of the picture so they could get a picture they could post immediately online. That could explains why there seems to be a gap. Ryan could be filling in a hole made by Jana stepping out of the picture. 

I hope it's not leghumpery of me to say I think it's really sad they have to do this. If that's what is happening, which is totally credible. Courtship is obviously a huge deal in their cult anyway, but especially for these late bloomers, and then family gatherings can always be a bit a awkward for a new partner finding their place... except Jana can't just get stuck in, form bonds, become one of the gang etc etc etc - she has to step out of any picture that might make it onto social media. It would make anyone feel self-conscious and awkward. Plus the added media attention of her brother being a child molester. That's a lot of pressure for a new couple.

• Upvote 9

13 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

I hope it's not leghumpery of me to say I think it's really sad they have to do this. If that's what is happening, which is totally credible. Courtship is obviously a huge deal in their cult anyway, but especially for these late bloomers, and then family gatherings can always be a bit a awkward for a new partner finding their place... except Jana can't just get stuck in, form bonds, become one of the gang etc etc etc - she has to step out of any picture that might make it onto social media. It would make anyone feel self-conscious and awkward. Plus the added media attention of her brother being a child molester. That's a lot of pressure for a new couple.

My guess is that JB is the one making all the social media demands. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

It would be really awkward to have to be so conscientious of every picture that's taken when you're courting/dating someone.  I think you'd also feel guilty about everyone having to go to the extra trouble of editing their pictures.  I'd be miserable but I'm an introvert so I'm definitely not cut out for reality TV.  lol

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He probably has a lot to say, but I don’t believe the Wissmann’s ever posted in laws in family pics until they walked down the isle...might be agreed upon by both families that no pics would be shared until somethings official 

2 minutes ago, fundiefriday said:

It would be really awkward to have to be so conscientious of every picture that's taken when you're courting/dating someone.  I think you'd also feel guilty about everyone having to go to the extra trouble of editing their pictures.  I'd be miserable but I'm an introvert so I'm definitely not cut out for reality TV.  lol

The poor sister in law that posted the story where you apparently could hear Jana’s name being called. She had to take it down quickly and probably feels awful, she most likely didn’t even realize it before it was being discussed in the “tabloids”...it would suck so much to over think everything, I just wouldn’t post 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

He probably has a lot to say, but I don’t believe the Wissmann’s ever posted in laws in family pics until they walked down the isle...might be agreed upon by both families that no pics would be shared until somethings official 

I’m annoyed that the Wissmanns made their blog private because I remembered when they announced Mathias and Michelle. I can’t remember if they announced they were in a relationship or if they announced an engagement. That was the last Wissmann marriage. They married in December 2017.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m annoyed that the Wissmanns made their blog private because I remembered when they announced Mathias and Michelle. I can’t remember if they announced they were in a relationship or if they announced an engagement. That was the last Wissmann marriage. They married in December 2017.

I know! We need their blog to establish an expected timeline, hah. And In my opinion shutting down their blog speaks volumes to the validity of a courtship...just wish they would make an official announcement and we could all stop stalking them 

• Upvote 5

Ok I just did a little searching. Matthias Wissmann posted on his Instagram account that he was in a relationship with Michelle back in May 2017. They weren’t engaged yet. I will keep searching to see if the Wissmanns posted anything on their blog or social media about Michelle before they were engaged. 

ETA: Someone posted on June 20th 2017 that the Wissmann blog confirmed their relationship. She was called his girlfriend. Even though they made their blog private, we on FJ documented that they announced the relationship before they were engaged. Therefore they are doing things very different now with Jana. And I say it’s because of JB and his control issues.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I dunno, I think there is maybe a level of personality/personal choice here too. You know when all the young girls marry Duggar boys and are very ELEVENTY, get their social media sorted asap etc. They're just generally very keen. To be married, to be married to a Duggar, to be special, have their labour televised... I don't think Jana is like that, and I don't think she enjoys the attention of all these people trying to sniff out a courtship. She would prefer to be left alone, or at least have control over what information is shared and when. If JB had his way, and this pesky Josh situation hadn't come up, I think they'd have gone public way sooner.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

A wedding for Jana is JB’s last shot at ratings gold -even the humpers aren’t that interested in the sons.

Had Josh not been arrested I think Jana would be participating in filming for a courtship etc. She may come across as quieter than the other daughters and in laws but she is always on brand for the ‘ministry’.

Ive no doubt JB is clinging to the fantasy that somehow Josh will be acquitted and the family will mark a glorious return to the screen with a wedding special plus ‘how we have been tested by God’ tear dabbing.

If Jana does want a quiet life she should exploit this hiatus by getting married on her own terms.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, kbohn23 said:

The poor sister in law that posted the story where you apparently could hear Jana’s name being called. She had to take it down quickly and probably feels awful, she most likely didn’t even realize it before it was being discussed in the “tabloids”...it would suck so much to over think everything, I just wouldn’t post 

how long ago was that posted?

2 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I dunno, I think there is maybe a level of personality/personal choice here too. You know when all the young girls marry Duggar boys and are very ELEVENTY, get their social media sorted asap etc. They're just generally very keen. To be married, to be married to a Duggar, to be special, have their labour televised... I don't think Jana is like that, and I don't think she enjoys the attention of all these people trying to sniff out a courtship. She would prefer to be left alone, or at least have control over what information is shared and when. If JB had his way, and this pesky Josh situation hadn't come up, I think they'd have gone public way sooner.

Unfortunately in her cult she isn’t that special. What’s most important is money coming in,  and if selling out introverted Jana’s privacy for a few extra bucks into JB’s pocket, well... Jana and her wishes be damned. Of course she could act like an adult, move out, get a job and make her own choices-

• Upvote 9

On 5/22/2021 at 11:38 AM, ophelia said:

I love Birkenstocks as summer shoes, but I wouldn't really call the flip flops. They are more like sandals and I like them for their support.

You can buy birkenstock flip flops that are waterproof and so comfortable. I love them.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

how long ago was that posted?

It was posted over the weekend and removed rather quickly 

• Thank You 5

On 5/27/2021 at 7:12 PM, TheGleeTeam said:

I couldn't believe it when my teacher friend told me bright Crocs are very in with the kids right now! I wear them instead of slippers around the house because I need support and cushion (thanks plantar fasciitis) but would not dare wear them farther than the garage! 

I have croc “flip flops.” (They neither flip nor flop but I’ve been told not to call them thongs any more. ?)  They are what I wear around the house most of the time.  The only problem is my cat loves to chew on them.  (She destroyed the thong-part on one of them, so I had to get a new pair.)   It’s just that one pair of shoes the she chews on, for some reason.

I also have two pairs of croc ballet flats (with vent holes).  I agree they are very comfortable.  

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I have croc “flip flops.” (They neither flip nor flop but I’ve been told not to call them thongs any more. ?)

My family called them "zoris" when I was a kid. (I think my dad picked that up when he was in South Korea in the 50's. Maybe when he was on leave in Japan.) I started calling them that again sometimes since the word "thongs" seems to bother my younger relatives. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Grandma D said:

You can buy birkenstock flip flops that are waterproof and so comfortable. I love them.

Wearing them right now and I LOVE them.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

Wearing them right now and I LOVE them.

I am in love with these as they have amazing arch support.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I love Birkenstocks! In Summer I live in them, and love the Arizona Eva ones for the pool, etc.

• Upvote 3

On 6/2/2021 at 3:44 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I remember on their blog, every time a courtship happened, they'd post a picture with the caption, "[Insert name here] can't stop smiling" and that's how you knew they had a "special friend" (actually I think they have used the terms girlfriend and boyfriend but I don't think they did that in the earlier days with the oldest ones). Usually engagement announcement/stories would happen not too far along later. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, meep said:

I remember on their blog, every time a courtship happened, they'd post a picture with the caption, "[Insert name here] can't stop smiling" and that's how you knew they had a "special friend" (actually I think they have used the terms girlfriend and boyfriend but I don't think they did that in the earlier days with the oldest ones). Usually engagement announcement/stories would happen not too far along later. 

The older Wissmanns seem slightly more fundie compared to the younger ones. But that happens a lot in large fundie families. The oldest ones are still wearing skirts and courting while the younger ones are wearing jeans and using the term “boyfriend/girlfriend.” Of course they are all still fundie. But the younger ones seem to loosen up on some of the rules. 

• Upvote 5

There are only 2 male Wissmanns left at home. The other three are married. Nate, the younger one, posted a picture of a girl he’s presumably seeing. So Nate can post pictures of his girlfriend on Instagram but Stephen, who is older, cannot. We know how controlling JB is. I can’t help but assume he’s the one telling Jana how to proceed on social media. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic