IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

We tried training our son back in April (same age is Gideon) since we were home on furlough. Our daughter was only 2-3 months at the time and it honestly wasn't bad dealing with both the toddler training and the baby. We ended up stopping though because while the pee part was going great our son became afraid to poop, even in a diaper, after a particularly difficult bowel movement. We started back up about 2 months ago and he's now 90% potty trained- even sleeps overnight in underwear! I have never worried about my son playing with his poop thankfully. I think cloth diapers helped us in that area- he has always seen us dumping his poop in the potty so we planted the seed of poop goes in the potty from the very beginning. If Gideon is showing signs Joy should give it a try and just see how it goes- having two in diapers while it was sometimes convenient, got old pretty quick... but I'm Joy will probably be in a revolving door of diapers for a long time if she "leaves it up to God". 

• Upvote 6

Yeah - half potty trained kiddos are harder than NON potty trainers - I wouldn't rush either. But just having a potty in the bathroom doesn't mean your kid will potty train (seriously - took my kiddo forever and a threat of "you have to do this to go to school" - and we're still not there at night and he's 7... someday... someday....) 

Just makes it less scary - here's a potty - want to have a seat? yeah? awesome! yay potties! no? okay - that's cool. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/28/2020 at 1:06 PM, Mama Mia said:

Serious question, do moms on here, or moms of your acquaintance NOT feel overwhelmed, or have laundry room breakdowns, or generally lose it and go cry or scream somewhere once in awhile? My own experience tells me that’s common, friends and family tell me that’s common, all the many memes tell me it’s common.......

Yes 100%. Even more now with the state of the world. We are blessed to have our parents live close and help us out from time to time. Even with two kids there are days when I want to Lock myself in the laundry room and not come out lol.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

Anyone else disappointed we didn’t get a gender reveal cake for Addison? Sad but true I wanted it to happen. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Anyone else disappointed we didn’t get a gender reveal cake for Addison? Sad but true I wanted it to happen. 

No. I’m so pleased that she got a birthday that was all about her! So often these children have to share what should be their special moment with another sibling that when they do get their own moment it should be celebrated. Addison is going to have a younger sibling in three months time and there will be less time for her so I’m glad that her first birthday was special. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Angelface said:

No. I’m so pleased that she got a birthday that was all about her! So often these children have to share what should be their special moment with another sibling that when they do get their own moment it should be celebrated. Addison is going to have a younger sibling in three months time and there will be less time for her so I’m glad that her first birthday was special. 

I do get all that I truly do. But the car wreck watcher in me still wanted a reveal. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

WIth all the pink balloons I was looking for some comment to say it's a girl.......They may pull somewhat of a Ben and Jessa; tell their families(maybe have a joint gender reveal with her parents) but not post it until after it's born. They rarely post anyway

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

WIth all the pink balloons I was looking for some comment to say it's a girl.......They may pull somewhat of a Ben and Jessa; tell their families(maybe have a joint gender reveal with her parents) but not post it until after it's born. They rarely post anyway

Actually, that is my best case scenario for Fundies. I know that some won't change their opinions about anything. The best I can hope for is if they don't post often and keep their toxic opinions to themselves. That is why I'm happy to see some family threads move so slowly.

• Upvote 16

On 11/2/2020 at 2:09 PM, Meggo said:

Yeah - half potty trained kiddos are harder than NON potty trainers - I wouldn't rush either. But just having a potty in the bathroom doesn't mean your kid will potty train (seriously - took my kiddo forever and a threat of "you have to do this to go to school" - and we're still not there at night and he's 7... someday... someday....) 

Just makes it less scary - here's a potty - want to have a seat? yeah? awesome! yay potties! no? okay - that's cool. 

My older one stopped wearing pull ups at night at 7. My younger child is 5.5 and just became fully potty trained. However he sleeps in a pull up at night and I wouldn’t be surprised if it lasted to 7. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Mr Possum and I don't have kids but consider it our privilege and duty to help raise our little niece. MY SIL is a single parent (father was a sperm donor) with a fulltime special needs child doing school online.

We are doing what millions of family members and friends are doing during a global pandemic.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 8

17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Mr Possum and I don't have kids but consider it our privilege and duty to help raise our little niece. MY SIL is a single parent (father was a sperm donor) with a fulltime special needs child doing school online.

We are doing what millions of family members and friends are doing during a global pandemic.

My sister isn't a single parent but since but have helped raise both her boys because my schedule has always been flexible so I could pick them up on the days both her and her boyfriend work, I have always being involved and her oldest son chose to stay with us for half of lock down, he shares a room with his brother and after 6 weeks of lock down with no escape from each other they were starting to fight constantly, so he came to our house with his PlayStation and laptop. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 11

Maybe they did do the sex reveal on Addison's birthday but won't post it for a while. They didn't post for a month after Addison's sex reveal. Possibly because Grandma Duggar died but it took a while so there's still time. Plus photos will need to be edited.  I can see Kendra thinking that keeping the sex a secret would be fun though.

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 10

On 10/27/2020 at 4:37 PM, Expectopatronus said:

I’m relieved that Joy isn’t following the Pearl method and didn’t beat her kid for this. 

Me, too. And if Joy felt like she was close to losing her temper, or her limit, good for her for reaching out.

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 3

On 11/4/2020 at 1:55 PM, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

Maybe they did do the sex reveal on Addison's birthday but won't post it for a while. They didn't post for a month after Addison's sex reveal. Possibly because Grandma Duggar died but it took a while so there's still time. Plus photos will need to be edited.  I can see Kendra thinking that keeping the sex a secret would be fun though.

At Garrett's first birthday the gender was in the cake so when she posted the photos a day or two later they were in black and white, At Addison's 1st birthday they posted the photos in color, but they did celebrate her birthday on Saturday and posted on Tuesday so they could have edited it or done the gender reveal another way at the party.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, patsymae said:

Me, too. And if Joy felt like she was close to losing her temper, or her limit, good for her for reaching out.

I didn't see the IG post in question (not sure if you or @Expectopatronus did) but do we know that she didn't? I don't want to assume one way or the other, but following the Pearl method and later dropping your kids off aren't mutually exclusive actions. I hope she didn't and I hope she chose the much better option of reaching out for support. Of course she is fortunate that that support exists, but I don't blame her for taking it (except insofar as if she made her teenage sisters watch her children when they had little option but to agree, I would obviously take issue with that).

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

I lived 90 miles from my family, no help there. Mr. Four's closest sibling was 25 miles away. If I wanted help with One or Two, I had to take them to the sitter, for whom I paid. She also watched them while I worked..

But: bored kid? I put him in the backpack carrier that we took hikes with.. and I vacuumed with him on my back. I also put them in a playpen with a couple of toys. If they cried, they cried, or they played, or they slept. 

Laundry? I was constantly running laundry. Morning: load in, switch load to dryer, After school. switch load, add new load to washer. Before bed? same. 

Duggars never seem to appreciate or understand routine.

I hope that smearing shit around was an isolated incident, but if not, he'd sit in that highchair, laced in, or in a playpen, and watch me clean it up.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

The birthday photo of Addison in the high chair looks like she could be a kid from the Josh and Anna Duggar family. Wow, those Duggar genes are strong. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Simultaneous mother-daughter pregnancies were probably more common 100+ years ago.  My paternal great-grandmother, who was born in August 1882,  gave birth to her 1st child, my paternal grandmother, in January 1900.  My grandmother had just had her first child, a girl who lived only 4 days, in 1923.  My great-grandmother had her next to youngest child a year earlier.  Then they were both pregnant at the same time for 3-4 months in late 1925.  My dad's uncle was only 6 months his senior.

MacKenzie is just over 2 months older than her aunt, Josie.  I still can't wrap my head around that one!

Edited by watchdog
  • Upvote 7

On 11/24/2020 at 4:53 AM, Four is Enough said:

Duggars never seem to appreciate or understand routine.

I've noticed this too, mostly in Joy's parenting. I don't know if a lot of routine and structure is superior, but it's my #1 coping strategy. I only have one toddler and one baby and we have set meal times, nap times and bed times. It keeps everyone happy and limits meltdowns from overtiredness. I always know when my next break is and can count down to it on a shit day.

That being said, I have two children and I don't plan on more. Before turnip #2 was born we were already reaching a point with #1 that we could fudge the timetable when needed, skip naps for a big day out or keep her up super late for a special occasion. There will come a time with #2 that some freedom and flexibility will return. I'm guessing with the Duggars having a new baby every 18-24 months with no end in sight they learnt to just get on with life with little ones in tow. I envy it a little but don't think I could manage.

• Upvote 10

I am by no means saying that having fur babies is remotely the same as real babies, but as pawrents to a dog and two cats, we NEED routine. Sleepy me forgot said routine just the other morning, which led to my pup taking a leak on my carpet. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I am by no means saying that having fur babies is remotely the same as real babies, but as pawrents to a dog and two cats, we NEED routine. Sleepy me forgot said routine just the other morning, which led to my pup taking a leak on my carpet. 

I learned that if I skip a litter box cleaning, I wake up to my cat peeing on me. You haven't lived until you are washing pee out of your butt at 2 am. (the first time it happened, it was because he was very ill. He still is. But he also has a thing about his litter being pristine. Which is annoying because he pees way more than any other cat due to his conditions.) 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

31 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I learned that if I skip a litter box cleaning, I wake up to my cat peeing on me. You haven't lived until you are washing pee out of your butt at 2 am. (the first time it happened, it was because he was very ill. He still is. But he also has a thing about his litter being pristine. Which is annoying because he pees way more than any other cat due to his conditions.) 

I think we spoke about our cats before! I have a diapered cat. We call him nappy boy ? so step one of our morning routine is always putting him in the bathroom so he can groom himself. Otherwise he yells at us. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I think we spoke about our cats before! I have a diapered cat. We call him nappy boy ? so step one of our morning routine is always putting him in the bathroom so he can groom himself. Otherwise he yells at us. 

unfortunately, oscar is a manx, so i don't think I can keep a diaper on him if I wanted! He's very good at yelling at us though! 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Nothing this extreme but my cat is weird about his litter box so I just bought him an automatic one. He's very suspicious though like what is that robot up to this time?

• Haha 11

Our cats litter box can be immaculate and one of our cats will still poop on the floor right in front of the box every other day. I love them to pieces, but this is really annoying me.

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic