IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And if it was a Duggar daughter PG with a girl, I might think Vivienne could be an option, but I don’t think so with Kendra and Joe. They seem to like more trendy and cutesy. I don’t think Ivy, Evelyn or Evangeline qualify as cutesy. 

Garrett is old-fashioned like Vivienne. Vivi would be a cutesy nickname.

I think it's too soon to know exactly what their name style. With as many children as they're likely to have, the style could be very inconsistent.

Unpopular opinion: If I was a Duggar, I would want a name theme so my kids stick out a little among the herd of cousins. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Not all cats are good mousers but my last cat caught a few in my house. However, my part Dachshund is a relentless rodent chaser. She has been way more effective than any of my cats ever were. Of course this means I know where every chipmunk, squirrel, and rabbit are when we go for a walk.

• Upvote 6

I had a cat in high school that wasn’t a great (in the house) mouser.  But, my mom knew when mice were in her kitchen because the cat would sit and stare at the space between the cabinet and the kitchen stove.  So Mom would put a trap in the stove (gas range, so if you lift the top you have access to the burners).  

• Upvote 5

To be clear, my cat did NOT eat the tinsel tree.  I was right there with her while she checked it out, but put the tree away as soon as I saw her open her mouth and go in to sample it.

• Love 11

I've had 5 cats over the last 15 years, 2 have passed on, the other 3 are still terrorizing various homes, our son took a kitty with him. She NEEDS to be an only cat, we had her for 3 years and in those 3 years she's don't nothing but torment our other two cats whom we've had for 8yrs and 5 yrs each.  She now has his whole house to do her zoomies and be queen of the castle.  Aggressive cat aside, not a single one of our 5 cats has ever bothered our Christmas trees, they'll knock ornaments off the bottom branches mostly by walking past them and hitting the tree. 1 cat sits next to the tree & the other sits under it, but only when it is lit, we figure they like the lights, but they don't climb the tree or try to chew it. The only issue we had was evil kitty drinking the tree water, but our son solved that problem by putting tinfoil over the water, she tries to touch it it scares the hell out of her. 

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Cat advice??

Like a complete fool, I bought one of thise 1960s retro tinsel trees this year. It is kitchy and shiny and out of character for me. But, pandemic happened and made me want something crazy.

So, as soon as I unpacked it, I remembered that tinsel is deadly for cats & sure enough, my newish kitty started to try to eat it.  I put it away, but want to be able to have it out safely. Any ideas ? Or just too risky?

I can only think of three ideas, none of which sound ideal.

1) Keep the tree in a room that the cat can't access unless you're right there and willing to watch closely.
2) Surround the tree with tall plexiglass barriers (which would be expensive and probably look weird.)
3) Put the tree in a sheltered outdoor location the cat doesn't have access to, and is visible from windows.  Then you'll have to worry about other animals getting into the tree.

There might be other ways, like if you can make kitty afraid of the tree, but that sounds kind of mean.

I admit I got a chuckle from someone who calls themself Satan's Fortress worrying about how to make their Christmas tree and their cat live in harmony.  I see a cartoon as the worst Satan ever gushing over the tree and shooing a kitten away while the other demons look on in confusion.

Demon #1:  I thought this is Hell.  Aren't we against all that Christmas stuff?

Demon #2:  I thought so too.  And what's with the kitty?  Aren't we against cute pets?

Demon #3:  I've got it!  This is this person's private Hell!  Christmas tree, all sparkly and pretty, obviously a reminder of a time long past that brings back fond memories.  And the adorable kitten that is innocent of the dangers of tinsel, yet drawn to the tree.  They can't safely co-exist, and now Satan's Fortress is in a quandary.  Is there a way to have both, and if so, how?  Not exactly a 'Sophie's Choice', but with the pandemic everything seems more stressful.

Demon #1:  That's probably right.  But the tree is awfully pretty.  All we get here are fire-blasted tree trunks and limbs, back-lit by fire with some sparks floating around.  It's dramatic, there's a sense of danger, and just the right touches of sadness and loss.  It really fits our Hellish theme.  But sometimes it's nice to see something like this.

Demon #2:  It is, but look at the kitty!  Such a cutie!  Don't you ever get tired of only having Hell-hounds and Lava Monsters for pets?

Demon #3:  I'm reporting you two to HR, just as soon as I get my fill of the lights and ornaments.  I really think the shiny metallic blue balls would go nicely with all the silver tinsel.  Maybe some smaller red and green ones for contrast.  Hey, do you think SF will go with a star or an angel for the topper?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

@Flossie Brilliant! ? @Satan'sFortress this sounds a bit crazy, but could you put a hook in the ceiling and then hang the tree using fishing line? I feel like I’ve seen that done on Pinterest. 
Just a reminder for all cat owners: If a cat eats a sick, diseased or poisoned rodent, they could get very ill and even die. ?

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Garrett is old-fashioned like Vivienne. Vivi would be a cutesy nickname.

I think it's too soon to know exactly what their name style. With as many children as they're likely to have, the style could be very inconsistent.

Unpopular opinion: If I was a Duggar, I would want a name theme so my kids stick out a little among the herd of cousins. 

In this case, Garrett is a family name. 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In this case, Garrett is a family name. 

I know it's a family name, but it's still somewhat different from Addison. Garrett is a traditional name and Addison is a modern name.

• Move Along 1
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Kailash said:

@Satan'sFortress this sounds a bit crazy, but could you put a hook in the ceiling and then hang the tree using fishing line? I feel like I’ve seen that done on Pinterest. 

OMG, that's such a good idea!  Back when I was a kid there was a family who did that.  They hung their Christmas tree in the front window every year, upside down, hanging from the ceiling!  It was gorgeous.  When I visited my father during the Christmas season we always drove past to see the tree.  There were a few of stories about why they did it that way, to keep it away from the kids when they were little, there was more room under the tree for presents, they wanted something unusual, etc.

Maybe this is the way for Satan's Fortress to have her tree!  Like one year when we didn't have a tree, so we hung the ornaments from the ceiling on ribbons.

• Upvote 2

Not sure if this is the right thread - but someone noticed that Kendra & Joe deleted their Instagram post congratulating Lauren on her engagement. Caldwells also deleted the announcement. Do we think they called it off?

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

6 minutes ago, fundieundies said:

Not sure if this is the right thread - but someone noticed that Kendra & Joe deleted their Instagram post congratulating Lauren on her engagement. Caldwells also deleted the announcement. Do we think they called it off?

Yup.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, fundieundies said:

That’s often how things are done in fundie land when an engagement is broken. They try to pretend like it never happened on social media. But then people ask way too many questions and they eventually have to say something. But that’s only if they have some fundie fame. The lesser known fundies don’t have to explain. But there are too many Duggar leghumpers that will be asking constantly. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I know it's a family name, but it's still somewhat different from Addison. Garrett is a traditional name and Addison is a modern name.

From my view - they both fit the surname used as a first name category. 

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s often how things are done in fundie land when an engagement is broken. They try to pretend like it never happened on social media. But then people ask way too many questions and they eventually have to say something. But that’s only if they have some fundie fame. The lesser known fundies don’t have to explain. But there are too many Duggar leghumpers that will be asking constantly. 

Yeah I can't imagine they'll be able to sweep it under the rug - they've really played up their relationship with the Duggars and there's going to be too many people asking when the wedding is. I predict the most they'll give us in a comment saying something vague like "the lord led their hearts in other directions"

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I hope they can get back the pieces of their heart they gave away. /s

I get the feeling Lauren is gonna have to settle for store credit instead of a full refund

• Haha 33

I'm not looking forward to the endless speculation about her and any single Duggar boy within ten miles of her, though... I'm over the "OMG! Lauren's hand touched James' hand!" when they actually just opened an over door at the same time ?.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

On 12/1/2020 at 5:52 AM, IsmeWeatherwax said:

@VeryNikeSeamstress I have 3 cats. 2 boys, 1 girl. A few weeks ago, I discovered mice in my house! I have 3 cats. not 1 of my 3 cats attempted to sort the problem. I actually had to buy mouse traps! Did I mention I have 3 cats? So they are now referred to as The free-loading lazy slackers ?. Eldest boy cat was a feral kitten and my girl was a stray. They have adjusted so well to the life of luxury!

My cat is friendly beyond belief. I once came home to find him following a stray ant that had gotten in around. Not to hunt it, he just wanted to hang out. It was another living creature! Therefore, a friend!

• Love 14

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

I'm not looking forward to the endless speculation about her and any single Duggar boy within ten miles of her, though... I'm over the "OMG! Lauren's hand touched James' hand!" when they actually just opened an over door at the same time ?.

I am such a numpty. I want a “scandal” where she broke it off because she really wanted James/Jason or whoever duggar boy is available.... 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 3

Serious question though? Would the duggars approve of Lauren Caldwell as a suitor for their son now (if she has indeed) broken her engagement. Would she seem tainted? Either in their eyes or them worrying about the public fall out? (Which seems ironic since they clearly support fucktard eldest son). 

what do people think? How would they handle it, if it was to happen? Some fundie speak for how courting works and Jesus showed them that the first engagement was right and courtship protected their hearts so they could move on???  

• Upvote 8

36 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I am such a numpty. I want a “scandal” where she broke it off because she really wanted James/Jason or whoever duggar boy is available.... 

Haha, this was my first thought as well! Really I hope she broke it off because she realised she didn’t want to start shooting out a blessing a year already and wanted to study/work/travel instead. But I know that is hoping for too much. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12

5 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Haha, this was my first thought as well! Really I hope she broke it off because she realised she didn’t want to start shooting out a blessing a year already and wanted to study/work/travel instead. But I know that is hoping for too much. 

Agree totally. And I’m glad I’m not the only one. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

If she does end up in a relationship with a Duggar it'll be Freejinger's fault for willing it into existence. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

7 hours ago, Kailash said:

@Flossie Brilliant! ? @Satan'sFortress this sounds a bit crazy, but could you put a hook in the ceiling and then hang the tree using fishing line? I feel like I’ve seen that done on Pinterest. 
Just a reminder for all cat owners: If a cat eats a sick, diseased or poisoned rodent, they could get very ill and even die. ?

Maybe I will try that!  If I do, I will post a picture here.

Thanks @Flossie  I needed a good laugh!  I actually am more like Ned Flanders' personality than Satan, but it is fun to look tough here on FJ.  :)

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic