IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

Huh. I guess my boys are slobs. They never not go in the 2 boxes I have  no matter how much pee or poop has accumulated though I scoop out every morning and change once a week. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

Our cats litter box can be immaculate and one of our cats will still poop on the floor right in front of the box every other day. I love them to pieces, but this is really annoying me.

It's not just stuck and falling off when he hops out? We have two boxes and he uses one just for pooping, and the other for pee 90% of the time. But sometimes the dangles fall out of the box. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Nothing this extreme but my cat is weird about his litter box so I just bought him an automatic one. He's very suspicious though like what is that robot up to this time?

What is an automatic litter box?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ophelia said:

Our cats litter box can be immaculate and one of our cats will still poop on the floor right in front of the box every other day. I love them to pieces, but this is really annoying me.

My five-year-old cat has done that every day since we adopted her from the shelter in June 2017 at age two.  She has no problem peeing in the box but loves to poop on the bathroom tile, where the litter box is located.  She only does it on the tile, when she is alone, and usually when everyone has gone to bed or if no one is around.  I even tried placing a separate litter box in the bathroom, lining it with ceramic tile, but to no avail-she just pooped right outside that one too.  I even tried using Cat Attract litter, Feliway....nothing works.    We just clean it up and flush it down the toilet.  Oh, and don't ever change her litter from World's Best Cat Litter either....she turned a little cat bed into a pee box when we tried that one.  Additionally, our veterinarian gave her a clean bill of health.

I would never consider her taking her back to the shelter because her bathroom habits would automatically classify her as "unadoptable" and she would end up spending her remaining days at the shelter with other animals classified as such.   So we soldier on with Anti Icky Poo spray and paper towels.  Otherwise, she's a sweet cat who has become very attached to us since the pandemic (my husband is retired and both myself and my son work from home) and we just keep telling her "You don't have to leave gifts.  We love you anyway".  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Love 24

We say that too- we do soooo much for our cat, and not that we want to get rid of him for his bathroom habits either, but we know most people wouldn't put up with him. Before the diapers, we went through about 3 or 4 couches and could not afford to keep doing that. We change his (female dog) diapers several times a day and no matter how hard we try to give him time to go at night, he pees in it overnight 99.9% of the time; we feel so badly that he does sit in his urine for some amount of time. He's only about 5, and we have taken him to multiple vets. He's had catheters put in, ultrasounds done, and the best we've been told was "unless we cut him open we may not know, and even then..." and we have no interest in cutting him up for the fun of it. So diapers it is ? . We love and adore him so much, but he's definitely hard work.

This poor free kitty that was found alone in a box with his littermates outside has cost us several thousand dollars at this point, but he's cute, so I guess it's okay ❤️ 

• Sad 1
  • Love 21

7 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

What is an automatic litter box?

A LIFE CHANGING INVENTION! It's basically a hard plastic shell litter box that goes over a disposable litter tray. The disposable litter tray has a compartment and when it is correctly aligned into the plastic part of the box, there is a robot arm that sweeps the waste into the compartment to clean it and trap the smells. That way the box is clean for your cat to use but you don't have to change the box too often. I'd say I change my cat's box once a month or maybe a little less. Here is the brand I use: https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-ScoopFree-Self-Cleaning-Automatic-Disposable/dp/B000XSC8R2/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&hvadid=77927939818885&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=scoopfree+litter&qid=1606698058&sr=8-7&tag=mh0b-20

It is a little pricey, but in terms of time saved it's been well worth it to me. They also sell reusable trays that just need to be washed when changed out once a month or so. It tracks how often it goes off (a sensor tells it when the cat goes into the box and it will sweep it after each time the sensor is triggered after an amount of time you set) so you can monitor your cat's health as well. And other brands are even fancier. It's a whole new world out there! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

18 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

It's not just stuck and falling off when he hops out? We have two boxes and he uses one just for pooping, and the other for pee 90% of the time. But sometimes the dangles fall out of the box. 

It's too far from the box for that to be possible. I guess it is just a habit. Since the boxes are in the basement and we have tiles there it is easy so clean up. We went a few days without any accident now. YAY!! He's the cutest, but also really sensitive so his pooping outside the box might be him dealing with stress or irritations.

• Upvote 2

I like the Roll Away litter box: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/omega-paw-large-roll-n-clean-litter-box-1171976?cm_mmc=PSH-_-CNX-_-CCY-_-PME-_-PET-_-AQU-_-0-_-CONNEXITYSHOPPING-_-Product_Listing_Ads-_-0 . Not automatic but no digging for treasure. My latest boy refuses to use it but I've had other cats that had no problems. Current kitty somewhat successfully uses puppy pads. As long as he sticks to the tiled bathroom and not my bed or wood floors, we're good.

• Upvote 2

My friend's daughter recently posted an anecdote about when her mother (who like me had a mother who had late-in-life, by '60s standards-in their early 40s), kids after a second marriage, took her (infant), her older sister (age 3), her mom's stepson (age 3), her half-sister (age 3) and her half-brother (age 5) out for ice cream. Lady at the store asked if they were all hers.

She said no, these two are my kids, this one is my stepson, and these two are my brother and sister. Lady not only didn't believe it but kept it up. So, "Yes. This is the new baby. These three (coincidentally a blonde, a brunette and a redhead) are triplets and the other one is the oldest."

Somehow that was satisfactory.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Should have known the pic they shared on Thanksgiving was a reveal shoot. The article said she's the 9th granddaughter in a row?

I was just coming over to ask this. So out of 20 grandkids, there are now 9 girls in a row. What are the odds of that?

So sad for all the girls though... maybe they can all get together and run away to start their own sorority in 18 years.

• Upvote 12

Considering how fast they're going, I don't know whether to be sad about another sister mom, or glad Addison will have some help. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

The kitty litter discussion has been very informative to me. I've got a small senior dog who pees outside (aside from the odd accident), and while I've lived with people who have cat, I've never had my own.

My building has mice. Even though I avoid leaving food scraps out and have traps, the cocky little assholes run through my living room at night. My senior pug isn't much of a hunter, and I've been considering fostering a cat. One of the things holding me up is nervousness about having a litter box in my house. I'm not sure where I'd put it so that it's out of the way and safe from my inquisitive pug.

Another girl for Joken. Are they the only pregnant Duggar couple thay we know of right now? I wonder who will break the pink streak.

If you want a cat that's a mouser, you need one that was a stray. Otherwise I've found prey drive to be unreliable. That being said, cats are jerks and our years of cat ownership has resulted in anything from vomiting up body parts, drawn out torture sessions, half dead mice in various places for us to find, and the crowning achievement of a mostly ok mouse dropped on my husband's face in the middle of the night. I am pro snap traps instead, much less ick factor.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Considering how fast they're going, I don't know whether to be sad about another sister mom, or glad Addison will have some help. 

My exact thoughts. I’m leaning towards being glad Addison will have some help. They are pretty specific about their gender roles, and if kids 3 on were boys, then all the work would be on Addison’s shoulders. Glad she will have a friend in this shitty life she’s been given. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2

The Duggar’s always breed like this.. Michelle Did and now the next gen is. I’ll be Damned if we don’t see one or two more girls then the baby boys will start coming again 

• Upvote 3

I hope the girls get a special room too, and not 2 pack and plays stuck in the corner of the spare bedroom. And please give this little one a different name, not Evette or Everly, Sadie or Hadley.

• Upvote 4

On 11/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

My five-year-old cat has done that every day since we adopted her from the shelter in June 2017 at age two.  She has no problem peeing in the box but loves to poop on the bathroom tile, where the litter box is located.  She only does it on the tile, when she is alone, and usually when everyone has gone to bed or if no one is around.  I even tried placing a separate litter box in the bathroom, lining it with ceramic tile, but to no avail-she just pooped right outside that one too.  I even tried using Cat Attract litter, Feliway....nothing works.    We just clean it up and flush it down the toilet.  Oh, and don't ever change her litter from World's Best Cat Litter either....she turned a little cat bed into a pee box when we tried that one.  Additionally, our veterinarian gave her a clean bill of health.

I would never consider her taking her back to the shelter because her bathroom habits would automatically classify her as "unadoptable" and she would end up spending her remaining days at the shelter with other animals classified as such.   So we soldier on with Anti Icky Poo spray and paper towels.  Otherwise, she's a sweet cat who has become very attached to us since the pandemic (my husband is retired and both myself and my son work from home) and we just keep telling her "You don't have to leave gifts.  We love you anyway".  

That is so sweet. What we do for the ones we love. My late cat, always was very good about using his litter box. It wasn't until the last couple of weeks of his life that he started going outside of his box. He had trouble getting up into it so I removed the ring and it was just a pan. It seemed to be fine for awhile. Then I started noticing the smell. I thought it was the little so I did a change. I found out he was going just next to the box. He still pooped in it though. He was 19 or 20 (he was a stray when we adopted him) and I noticed he was having trouble keeping his balance as well. Sometimes he could barely move when he got up. I  miss that cat. 

Our current cat has decided the litter box is a fun place. He flings litter all over the place, sometimes flinging his poops out onto the floor. He is a goof. I used to use liner bags but he would chew on them. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

One of the things holding me up is nervousness about having a litter box in my house. I'm not sure where I'd put it so that it's out of the way and safe from my inquisitive pug.

Re the bolded -- what I did when I had both dog and cats was to put the litter box up onto a small table, maybe 18" off the ground.  Give the cats several inches of table out front to use as a landing pad and they have no trouble jumping up to their elevated outhouse.  And if that happens to make it perfect eye level for a dog (probably not your pug but if it was a bigger dog) you can always turn the litterbox (assuming it's the covered kind) sideways so that the cat goes "around the corner" to enter but doggie can't reach in there.

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic