IGNORED

Maxwell 43: Divesting from the First Church of Stevehovah Reversalist

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, Jana814 said:

That’s all the Maxwell’s & most Christians seem to care about a candidate who will vote for life. 

"....care about a candidate who will vote for life IN UTERO." FTFY

Once that child is out - they don't care at all. Put them in cages. Separate them from their parents. Force them to try and be heterosexual if that is not their natural state. It goes on and on and on. Fundies care NOTHING about life. They only care about control. 

Edited by browngrl
formatting
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Jana814 said:

That’s all the Maxwell’s & most Christians seem to care about a candidate who will vote for life. 

I prefer against abortion and not "for life".  Gun violence is a huge problem in America and the right wing often says "just let anyone get a gun". The right wing like to say climate change is a myth. Trump isn't taking the pandemic seriously.

A lot of Christians aren't right wing. It's fewer than before Trump, because people are leaving their churches, especially during the Trump administration. (More moderate or left wingers are leaving their churchs, because the churchs are too involved in politics.)

Future generations will be angry we didn't do more about climate change. The unborn need us to save the planet. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

23 hours ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

- running their own business, successfully, and not employed or under authority of anyone else.

- Running a business that’s Steve approved. I imagine for example if the family had a vineyard and the man made his living selling wine and was debt free it wouldn’t be right. 

- Running a business of their own that does not compete with a Maxwell business. So no photography studios, no computer support, no lawn care, no self-publishing operation. no preaching for a living. I guess since they no longer sing for their love offerings, a music man might be okay.

8 hours ago, Jana814 said:

That’s all the Maxwell’s & most Christians seem to care about a candidate who will vote for life.  the pre-born

FTFY

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

- Running a business of their own that does not compete with a Maxwell business. So no photography studios, no computer support, no lawn care, no self-publishing operation. no preaching for a living. I guess since they no longer sing for their love offerings, a music man might be okay.

Watch out, Steve.  Ya got trouble right there in Leavenworth city!

Spoiler

music man.jpg

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

the pre-born

“If you’re pre-born, you’re fine; if you’re pre-school, you’re fucked!”—George Carlin.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

That’s all the Maxwell’s & most Christians seem to care about a candidate who will vote for life.  the pre-born

No, not all Christians. Truthfully not even all evangelicals. It does seem that all do if you listen to the media of any variety. But no, not all. Nor do "all" vote GOP.

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

20 hours ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

Actually I forgot to add to my male suitor requirements above that they must not like sports. I’m just picturing a young man, Christian, helps others, has his own business, doesn’t drink, great with kids, an overall lovely person.....but is a baseball fan for example. 

Or roller coasters. Or contemporary Christian music. 

Steve's deal breaker list for a son-in-law is insanely long and specific. And something tells me if he did meet a Steve Jr., he would actually be incredibly threatened by him and discourage a courtship. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:
7 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

No, not all Christians. Truthfully not even all evangelicals. It does seem that all do if you listen to the media of any variety. But no, not all. Nor do "all" vote GOP.

Not my statement. I was just clarifying. But now I feel the need for further clarification. The OP said it was "all the Maxwell’s & most Christians seem to care about". To parse that, it's

all the Maxwells seem to care about 

and

all most Christians seem to care about

I think it would be hard for anyone to spend much time on FJ and not realize that there are quite a few people here who are Red Letter Christians, or part of the Christian Left (good FB page, BTW)

• Upvote 11

On 11/2/2020 at 9:01 AM, fundiefan said:

Pretty funny Sarah says they won't post comments that are argumentative or unkind. First, when have they ever posted a comment that even remotely disagrees with them or isn't altered to fit their narrative? Second, they are voting for the most argumentative, unkind subhuman in the United States. 

I think Sarah mods the comments on her own now and they don't want her to be seeing anything "worldly"

• Upvote 4

I seriously wanted to reply that claiming to be pro life does not mean that you actually are pro life, and I am certain Jesus was far more about actions than proclamations. And personality and character do mater. Would Steve approve of Trump if he wanted to date and marry Sarah? If you can’t trust him with your daughter, you can’t trust him with the country.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

18 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Steve's deal breaker list for a son-in-law is insanely long and specific. And something tells me if he did meet a Steve Jr., he would actually be incredibly threatened by him and discourage a courtship. 

A few weeks ago I posted a quote that said something like "the girls were cloistered so a husband could not be found" and I thought how appropriate to the Maxwell girls it was. The LIST is why. Steve really DOES need to let at least Mary or Anna marry. It doesn't look good to keep 3 wombs out-of-action.

15 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Christian Left (good FB page, BTW)

Which page--there are more than one.

• Upvote 3

Like so much else in Maxhell, they half-ass their politics. Including kids, standing in a drive-way,,,such civic minded people they are. Not. 

I don't mean to imply they take the kids out campaigning, i only mean that in Maxhell, if it isn't done at home they won't do it because the world might influence one of them with its existence.

• Upvote 17

The new political post by Sarah Maxwell: Nathan and Melanie's kids did some campaigning in the driveway. Good likeminded Christians honked and waved. While other evil anti-Christian people ignored them. Please pray for our country.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

I wished I lived in Leavenworth so I could drive by Maxhell, flip them off and scream fuck you while they are in their driveway holding their political signs.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Abortion is not mentioned in the Bible, but you can be sure that abortion was practiced in one way or another in ancient times, and certainly via the (now possibly extinct) plant silphium, a known abortifacient. 

The mystery of the lost Roman herb

You know the answer: Thou Shall Not Kill. What no one can explain is when did that become one of only two major sins (the other being same-sex attraction). I'm a Christian but I do not understand this.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

The age old problem of evangelical and fundie use of proof texts.  Here is one of many examples of Jewish views of misuse in their opinion of common to both scripture.  

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/07/24/abortion-laws-jewish-faith-teaches-life-does-not-start-conception/1808776001/

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

New post up, Anna's birthday celebration.  Apparently she helped out with a Good News Club, interesting.  Of course no details about it.

And the kids helped Anna open her presents.  Seriously, it's her birthday let her open her own damn presents!

• Upvote 10

Sarah writes that since it is Anna's birthday- the tradition is she gets to chose all the meals of the day!  

**crickets**..

Um.. that would be the INTRO to an entire passage of writing... What did Anna Chose for each meal?   WHY did she chose that? Was it her favorite or something she heard of and wanted to try it?  Was the Oreo pie you tagged in a photo Carvel or Dairy Queen purchased ice cream pie or a homemade one that was cheesecake or whipped cream based?  How many pies are needed to feed *the crew* these days?  

Did they celebrate her birthday with their GoodNewsClub friends?  

So many holes in the writing!!

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2

I love how they buried the "8" candle in the cake so it's difficult to tell what number it is. She's twenty <cough> something. Certainly not pushing 30.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

From today's post.

"As goes our birthday traditions, Anna chose the meals."

Oh, Sarah, stop trying to sound like a writer! UGH

"It seems it has been a while since we’ve been together for a birthday party, and Nathan and John’s crew joined us". So are Nathan and John now a couple?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 20

On 11/4/2020 at 8:16 PM, Coconut Flan said:

The age old problem of evangelical and fundie use of proof texts.  Here is one of many examples of Jewish views of misuse in their opinion of common to both scripture.   https://eu.usatoday.com

Excellent article; thanks for sharing. 

So, on the topic of abortion and the practice of abortion in the US, earlier this year there was a twitter convo where an historian called someone out for saying that abortion was not available in the 1800s.  She posted screenshots of newspapers that were clearly advertisements for abortions, as early as the 1840s.  One just had to understand the terminology used. 

A quick google search turned up these articles: 

If you opened up the Leavenworth Times, a Kansas newspaper, in the 1850s, you’d see an ad for Sir James Clarke’s Female Pills. These pills, the advertiser bragged, were ideal for bringing on women’s periods—and were “particularly suited to married ladies.”

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic