IGNORED

Maxwell 43: Divesting from the First Church of Stevehovah Reversalist

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, SPHASH said:

New post up, Anna's birthday celebration.  Apparently she helped out with a Good News Club, interesting.  Of course no details about it.

And the kids helped Anna open her presents.  Seriously, it's her birthday let her open her own damn presents!

Knowing the isolation the Maxwell's live in the Good News Club is probably something she does with her nieces and nephews with the kids in her bible club. I have a feeling it is something along the lines of using kids to pass out bible tracts and "witness" to others who are non-Christian in public. 

On 11/4/2020 at 5:14 PM, SPHASH said:

I wished I lived in Leavenworth so I could drive by Maxhell, flip them off and scream fuck you while they are in their driveway holding their political signs.

The adults I would do this too, not the kids. To me kids are off limits. I have a feeling Nathan and Melanie, as well as, Sarah, Steve and Teri were standing near by in separate driveway. So that driveway I would drive by and flip off, the one where the kids were I would just ignore (rudely according to Sarah). 

Actually (edit here) for the kids I would stop the car get out and hand them fliers for the candidate that they don't like (in this case Biden) just to annoy the Maxwells.

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
adding
  • Upvote 11

18 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Knowing the isolation the Maxwell's live in the Good News Club is probably something she does with her nieces and nephews with the kids in her bible club. I have a feeling it is something along the lines of using kids to pass out bible tracts and "witness" to others who are non-Christian in public. 

The adults I would do this too, not the kids. To me kids are off limits. I have a feeling Nathan and Melanie, as well as, Sarah, Steve and Teri were standing near by in separate driveway. So that driveway I would drive by and flip off, the one where the kids were I would just ignore (rudely according to Sarah). 

Actually (edit here) for the kids I would stop the car get out and hand them fliers for the candidate that they don't like (in this case Biden) just to annoy the Maxwells.

It is literally this,  and I suspect it is itself the Bible club they have talked about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_News_Club

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

On 11/6/2020 at 4:40 PM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Now that Biden is President-elect I wonder how the Maxwells are taking the news.

Edited by SPHASH
eta
  • Upvote 16

33 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Now that Biden is President-elect I wonder how the Maxwells are taking the news.

I wonder the same thing, & how they are going to tell their grandkids that Trump wasn’t re-elected. 

• Upvote 12

41 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I wonder the same thing, & how they are going to tell their grandkids that Trump wasn’t re-elected. 

Probably by bringing up all those unborn babies that are now in danger or some other comparable drivel.

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3

30 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Probably by bringing up all those unborn babies that are now in danger or some other comparable drivel.

Yep. They will scare the shit out of their own grandkids. They will say Biden/Harris murder babies just like their baby cousins in the womb. 

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 4
  • I Agree 5

On 11/2/2020 at 6:59 AM, petrushka said:

You nailed it!  Any potential suitor would have to be as dour as Steve.  Steve would have to be out of the picture before any daughter has a chance.  Then perhaps one of the reversal brothers or their wives would help them find a husband.  I deliberately left out Christopher and Nathan as I think they like the free babysitting and might prefer the status quo.  I also wonder how many girls could leave home before Teri's depression kicks back in.

I wonder if one of the "girls" would move back in with Teri and Steve if Teri were unable to cope. I suspect there would at least be quite a bit of pressure for one of them (probably Anna) to be over at the main house a lot.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, treemom said:

It is literally this,  and I suspect it is itself the Bible club they have talked about

It’s interesting to me that fundies are all “The public schools are trying to tell kids what to think!” when they’re basically doing the same thing.  “Impose your values on your children before ‘the world’ does.”

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, treemom said:

My cousin's son attended a public school that tried to get this going. There were school board meetings and all. In the end, they were allowed, but they had to add a disclaimer to any materials or club posters, etc. that said it was one point of view. They couldn't ask the club members to bring in others, and they had to act as every other club within the school did as far as anyone can join, anyone can quit, no retaliation (basically, no telling the kids they're going to hell). 

It was a pretty big deal for about a year in the district. In the end, they slunk away pouting because "persecution". 

• Upvote 14

31 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

My cousin's son attended a public school that tried to get this going. There were school board meetings and all. In the end, they were allowed, but they had to add a disclaimer to any materials or club posters, etc. that said it was one point of view. They couldn't ask the club members to bring in others, and they had to act as every other club within the school did as far as anyone can join, anyone can quit, no retaliation (basically, no telling the kids they're going to hell). 

It was a pretty big deal for about a year in the district. In the end, they slunk away pouting because "persecution". 

What? They weren't allowed to love-bomb children to get them to attend and then threaten them with hellfire? What is the world coming to? (As a very young child I was put on a Sunday bus and sent to Baptist Sunday school, even though my mother was raised Lutheran. I suppose she wanted a break on Sunday morning. I had to have been very young since we moved from that neighborhood when i was seven. I worried about hell for years afterward.) 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

It’s interesting to me that fundies are all “The public schools are trying to tell kids what to think!” when they’re basically doing the same thing.  “Impose your values on your children before ‘the world’ does.”

You know Steve would have lost his shit if his kids were ever approached with face paint and baloons to convert them

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

What? They weren't allowed to love-bomb children to get them to attend and then threaten them with hellfire? What is the world coming to? (As a very young child I was put on a Sunday bus and sent to Baptist Sunday school, even though my mother was raised Lutheran. I suppose she wanted a break on Sunday morning. I had to have been very young since we moved from that neighborhood when i was seven. I worried about hell for years afterward.) 

Are we sisters? I went to bus church too at a fire & brimstone Baptist church. Even though my mom & grandparents were raised Lutheran. I think my mom wanted some free time too - combined with the fact that everyone in the neighborhood went to one of two bus churches and we wanted to do what everyone else did. My mom didn't see the harm, at first. 

I had nightmares for a very long time after seeing a film about hell in that church. I was terrified of god and became a nervous wreck. My mom stopped letting me go after a few months. She pulled my sister out of the one she was going to as well (we went with our friends so went to different ones) even though she didn't seem to suffer ill effects. 

I was terrified of hell and death and god. I was never baptized as an infant because my mom wasn't observant of any religion, although raised Lutheran. After however long of me having issues, and my begging her, she contacted a Lutheran church in the neighborhood and  had me baptized. And I spent time with the pastor in sort of counseling for a while afterwards. Yes, it was that bad. He was a really nice guy. Like, super nice as a human, not just as a pastor. I'm not sure how he got my head straight but eventually it was all over & done. 

He had twin sons though who were the terrors of the neighborhood and who both got into a lot of shit. One died of an OD at 18. I was 14 then. I hated those twins, but I loved their father. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 9

For the poster who asked about a mini-level, it's a spirit level, used to determine a vertical or horizontal line. And Anna apparently is so lacking in curiousity about the things she uses every day  that she doesn't know she's been carrying around a digital level on her iPhone for years. (It used to be if you swiped on the home screen in the Compass app you'd get the level but now it's in the Measure app.)

• Upvote 6

I wonder how they’re reacting to Kamala Harris being VP-Elect. Four years ago they were endorsing Ted Cruz, who had nominally chosen Carly Fiorina for VP. Eh, Kamala is a Democrat... I think I know the answer.

• Upvote 12

35 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

So what’s the tragedy in Sarah’s book?  My theory is that it will be cancer-related.

that would be in poor taste

personal tragedies are not fodder for your book just cause you don't have imagination

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

41 minutes ago, freejugar said:

that would be in poor taste

personal tragedies are not fodder for your book just cause you don't have imagination

I totally agree.  I hope that my post didn’t come across harshly.  I lost one of my own parents to cancer and my other has had it as well.  I don’t make light of it.

It just seems like she has such a narrow worldview that she writes what she knows and Anna Marie’s diagnosis came just before she began writing (but perhaps my recollection is off).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

No title. No synopsis. Just...buy my book, when we choose to release it. 

Poor marketing is par for the course in Maxhell. 

SMH

I do appreciate you-all’s reading & reporting on the Maxblog over here. I can’t look at that page without my depression whomping me on the back and hollering, hoarse and vengeful,. “You’re baaack! About tine! Those kids are screwed! Let’s go get really discouraged and overeat and find you a tall building to jump off of!”

Yeah, I think Teri’s strain of The Big D is contagious. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 7

Poor marketing. Not surprising. Remember the conversationalists books, and their marketing strategy was “Over the years we’ve tried to have meaningful conversations with all the people we meet and these have not gone wel - then we realised - the problem is them! They don’t know how to converse properly like we do! So we thought we would help you”

I was insulted on that line and it wouldn’t surprise me if others were too, even their fans. It was rude. Imagine reading that after going on one of their conferences and having what you thought was a pleasant conversation with one of them.  I’ll try find it. How that book sold is beyond me.

Found it! (Copied from the When Cows and Kids Collide blog because I can’t find it on their site -

This book was conceived after many discussions our family had in the past ten years about the difficulty of having meaningful conversations with others. We realized this was because of a lack of conversation skills on the part of others. (pg. 7) 

Yeah. Ok Maxwells, a key thing I’ve learnt in my small marketing experience (selling the child care and education I can provide) is not to insult your audience. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

Poor marketing. Not surprising. Remember the conversationalists books, and their marketing strategy was “Over the years we’ve tried to have meaningful conversations with all the people we meet and these have not gone wel - then we realised - the problem is them! They don’t know how to converse properly like we do! So we thought we would help you”

I was insulted on that line and it wouldn’t surprise me if others were too, even their fans. It was rude. Imagine reading that after going on one of their conferences and having what you thought was a pleasant conversation with one of them.  I’ll try find it. How that book sold is beyond me.

Found it! (Copied from the When Cows and Kids Collide blog because I can’t find it on their site -

This book was conceived after many discussions our family had in the past ten years about the difficulty of having meaningful conversations with others. We realized this was because of a lack of conversation skills on the part of others. (pg. 7) 

Yeah. Ok Maxwells, a key thing I’ve learnt in my small marketing experience (selling the child care and education I can provide) is not to insult your audience. 

I am not really great at speaking. I am a much better at writing, even texting. My hands serving as a middle party between my thoughts and my expression of those thoughts seems to be a necessary element of effectively communicating for me. If I can practice, it's better but general conversation doesn't allow for practice. I just can't make the words in my brain come out of my mouth. 

But even at that, I guarantee I am a better communicator than Maxwells. Mostly because I am a damn good listener. And my goal in most communication, from friendly banter to talking to my boss & explaining a problem, is to understand and be understood. 

The Maxwells aren't open minded people in anything. The communication problems aren't other people's - it's 100% theirs because they go into everything as if they have all the answers and are going to tell you how you're doing it wrong and they are right. 

Steve does, anyway. His working sons obviously had to learn otherwise or they'd never have successful businesses. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, freejugar said:

8 hours ago, freejugar said:

So what’s the tragedy in Sarah’s book?  My theory is that it will be cancer-related.

Bed bugs! ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 1

Of course the Maxwells can't use the term 'spirit level' any more than 'deviled eggs'.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Dad got a secret vasectomy and never told Mom.... until now!

The quote says the tragedy is related the message of "chosing to forgive through devastating cirumstances".  That doesn't sound like cancer to me, because it sounds like forgiveness is given to the people who caused devastating circumstances.

Plus the Hill Top Adventures family only has 2 kids. 

Sarah said she just approved the final proof today (this afternoon). That seems cutting it a bit close. I'm surprised there's not even a title so people know what to look for. 

• Upvote 5

Maybe someone finds out they had an abortion in the past? 

Edit: Actually she said “devastating”, not unforgivable.   Maybe the little girl in the family lies after money goes missing from the lemonade stand. Dad finds it in her play kitchen in the treehouse. 

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic