IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

36 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

I’m use to Gwen being off but Joe is just... weird. She left David for him? He’s hella creepy. 

To be honest, she's pretty creepy herself.  Joe looks like he's pretending to be all enthusiastic about her and the ministry but the faking it is coming off as creepy.  Gwen's looking at creepy in the rear view mirror. The thick make-up, the bizarre hair, and the odd behavior -- she's going into full-on grotesque.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I thought the white coat person is a child. Gwen is not a big woman but not that tiny compared to Joe in any other pictures, even counting off the ridiculous heels. 

Today we learn two things.

1. Gwen thinks heathens can't have fun and good meals.

2. Gwen has never seen a heathen.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32981-gwen-shamblin-lara-11-cloudy-with-a-chance-of-the-holy-spirit/?do=findComment&comment=1881500

• Thank You 8

I assume the person in the coat is Joe’s daughter. She has brown hair so it makes sense. I’m glad her face isn’t in any of the pics. That poor girl’s image shouldn’t be associated with the cult. 

• I Agree 13

1 hour ago, Xan said:

To be honest, she's pretty creepy herself.  Joe looks like he's pretending to be all enthusiastic about her and the ministry but the faking it is coming off as creepy.  Gwen's looking at creepy in the rear view mirror. The thick make-up, the bizarre hair, and the odd behavior -- she's going into full-on grotesque.

I have always thought it was appropriate that her last name when she started this mess was "Shamblin" - which always makes me think of zombies shambling down the street.

She's starting to look a bit like a zombie. But one after attention and money, I suppose. Brains are probably too much like food for her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 4

14 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

She's starting to look a bit like a zombie. But one after attention and money, I suppose. Brains are probably too much like food for her. 

I have yet to partake, but fried cow brain sandwiches were quite the delicacy in the middle Midwest.  Started as poor folks’ food, or food for people who weren’t going to waste ANY part of the animal, became popular.

One chef prepared them as an hors d’oeuvre for a swanky reception - without any label - and the rich folk were beside themselves with the deliciousness of this “new” tasty morsels. 

Anyway, yeah, Gwen would pass them by as they are edible. But it would be funny if she did have a bite. 

• Haha 7

58 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I have yet to partake, but fried cow brain sandwiches were quite the delicacy in the middle Midwest.  Started as poor folks’ food, or food for people who weren’t going to waste ANY part of the animal, became popular.

One chef prepared them as an hors d’oeuvre for a swanky reception - without any label - and the rich folk were beside themselves with the deliciousness of this “new” tasty morsels. 
Anyway, yeah, Gwen would pass them by as they are edible. But it would be funny if she did have a bite. 

If she ate it, maybe it would actually give her brains to think! ;) Let's face it cows are kind of dumb but they make more sense in and have a lot more of a purpose in the world than Gwen. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Well I just stumbled into this thread and good gravy.  I know someone in RF.  Or casually know, I suppose.  I worked with him for a bit.  I knew enough to know that his church seemed kind of odd, and I even remember googling the name once out of curiosity, but I figured it was a fairly typical fake-Jew deal.  

Yeesh.  

I hope he's OK.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Yeesh.  

I hope he's OK.  

I hope so, too. 

I wonder (but am currently too lazy to be curious enough to research) how different people can come out of adverse situations (cults, childhood abuse, just plain abuse at any age) with such different impacts on their life/lives. Resilience is great, but I worry that a person who manages to "bounce back" better than others is sometimes pointed out as an example. "See! They weren't that badly impacted. It couldn't have been that bad!"

On that note, I hope the Turpin kids are doing as well as they can, and are still getting whatever support they need or want. Ditto to RF escapees.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

14 hours ago, rayneflower said:

Gwen posted a picture on her Instagram of her and Joe 

Gwen looks,  off. Maybe its the makeup or hair but she just looks off 

I'm not normally one to give her a pass, but I think she probably looks off because I doubt she spends a huge amount of time out in the cold... these were definitely token "Look at me, I'm a snow bunny!" pictures. 

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I hope so, too. 

I wonder (but am currently too lazy to be curious enough to research) how different people can come out of adverse situations (cults, childhood abuse, just plain abuse at any age) with such different impacts on their life/lives. Resilience is great, but I worry that a person who manages to "bounce back" better than others is sometimes pointed out as an example. "See! They weren't that badly impacted. It couldn't have been that bad!"

On that note, I hope the Turpin kids are doing as well as they can, and are still getting whatever support they need or want. Ditto to RF escapees.

I agree 100%! I think in a similar fashion, if you meet someone who isn't really "all in" yet it's easy to brush aside the teachings as not very dangerous. The problem is that a lot of people ARE all in and ARE following the dangerous advice, so even if some people don't take it too far, a LOT of people do. 

It kills me because you could look at some of our family and say "See, they're healthy and fine" but that would be ignoring the other family members who are most definitely NOT healthy and fine. Just because some don't follow the dangerous advice to the letter doesn't mean it isn't still dangerous advice, ESPECIALLY for those who DO follow it to the letter.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I hope so, too. 

Someone who has come out of a cult is more likely to get into another cult. It’s unfortunate but true. So if someone makes it out of the RF cult, I would be worried about them getting into another event worse one. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I grew up in the rural South and people ate pig brains.  My dad liked them cooked with scrambled eggs.  Not only did I not eat them but I had trouble even looking at them being served.  My mom called me "picky" but you gotta draw the line somewhere.  Then again, my paternal grandmother ate chicken feet.  She pickled them.  Again, a hard no from me.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Xan said:

I grew up in the rural South and people ate pig brains.  My dad liked them cooked with scrambled eggs.  Not only did I not eat them but I had trouble even looking at them being served.  My mom called me "picky" but you gotta draw the line somewhere.  Then again, my paternal grandmother ate chicken feet.  She pickled them.  Again, a hard no from me.

My German grandma reportedly loved pickled pigs’ feet! Big Mama JB told me that as she showed me a jar in the grocery store. I asked if we had to eat ‘em and she quickly said (hard) no, too! ?

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Well I just stumbled into this thread and good gravy.  I know someone in RF.  Or casually know, I suppose.  I worked with him for a bit.  I knew enough to know that his church seemed kind of odd, and I even remember googling the name once out of curiosity, but I figured it was a fairly typical fake-Jew deal.  

Yeesh.  

I hope he's OK.  

Welcome!  Fake Jew deal it is indeed.

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, Xan said:

Can I nominate "looking at creepy in the rear view mirror as she speeds towards grotesque" as the next thread title? Too long?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

18 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

There's resilience, and that is great.  But there's also suppression, avoidance, using aggressive/obsessive productivity as a coping mechanism, etc.  People who come out need a safe space to fall apart and be a wreck and not function for a while.  That can be more controlled for some people than others to where they sustain a measure of function throughout, but they're not going to function to the same level as a healthy person, by any means.  If you see someone leave who doesn't ever go through that phase, then it's not actually healthy.  

There are things that can certainly make it easier.  The more someone sees the unhealthiness before they leave, the easier it is, because there's less self-doubt.  Landing in a supportive environment makes it easier.  Trauma-informed support (not just professionally, but from friends) is huge.  The more confident someone is in their decision to leave, the better they usually end up doing.  The level of mind control they've left makes a difference.  Leaving a cult that rigidly dictates dress, food, daily schedule, etc., is much harder than leaving a group that's a little more relaxed - someone brainwashed into RF is going to have a harder time than someone leaving another group like Vision Forum because the level of control is more granular.  Every time you do something against the cult teachings, it feels like your eternal destiny is at stake.  It's easier to avoid triggers when it's things like clothing, but when something as basic as eating has been turned into a mind control tactic and used as a means of spiritual abuse, you have to deal with that every time you try to eat a meal.  Food control as an abuse tactic is, IMO, one of the most heinous things, because you can't do basic survival without dealing with it.  Even more so when it's tied to spiritual abuse.

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Someone who has come out of a cult is more likely to get into another cult. It’s unfortunate but true. So if someone makes it out of the RF cult, I would be worried about them getting into another event worse one. 

I've also seen people fall into non-religious cults as their reaction.  There's literally a cult around "Erik-style mold avoidance" that I one stumbled across.  But because it's not religious, people think they aren't in a cult and that they're free now.  It's honestly super said.  

10 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

Welcome!  Fake Jew deal it is indeed.

Yeah, it was the "fairly typical" part that's missing.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Today's devo is

1. a super important message that you should read annually. (Gwen thinks.)

2.  one of the stupidest devotionals on her site because if you know anything about anything, you know that nothing works like that. 

Nobody is a cheater because they never saw a person who doesn't cheat. Nobody gets cured from alcoholism because they observed a sober person for the first time ever. Nobody becomes thin because they met a thin person. And if your local RF representative  says they're a Thin Eater who's been thin from birth, and also shares their success story of losing 150 pounds or more they're lying.  And if they share their success story of losing five pounds they're insanely obsessed with their weight... anyone's weight fluctuates that much with or without being in a weight loss cult. I can lose five pounds just by standing at a slightly different position on my scales, and if their weight loss goes into the margin of error it's nothing to brag about.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32981-gwen-shamblin-lara-11-cloudy-with-a-chance-of-the-holy-spirit/?do=findComment&comment=1881905

kuva.png.c3712b3a9426d20b54b8bdf0a1394acf.png

I dunno, I'm not a nutrician but if it doesn't taste good, maybe try eating the food and not the plate?

Also, I'm pretty sure that atheists enjoy their food too so why do we assume prayer has anything to do with it?

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 4

1. You should observe a Thin Eater for 24 hours. (Any more than that and they're going to report a stalker.) 

2. If you're a greedy pig, you can eat tiny mouthfuls up to four times per day. 

3. As a general rule, eating is  a mistake.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32981-gwen-shamblin-lara-11-cloudy-with-a-chance-of-the-holy-spirit/?do=findComment&comment=1882290

• Thank You 5

Anybody catching today’s webcast? It’s from last year. I listened for 5 minutes then started thinking about food. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

Anybody catching today’s webcast? It’s from last year. I listened for 5 minutes then started thinking about food. 

Guess she is too lazy to come up with something new! I am curious though, how are you able to access the webcast? they used to require you to give them some identifying information even if watching as a guest. When I left it did not take long for them to take me off the membership and I could not access anything. 

• Upvote 3

My login information is still valid. Not the members login, but when I bought WD merch from like 6 years ago. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, ElleHouston said:

Maybe I'm just selfish (I'm sure that's what RF would say) but I don't think it's crazy for me to want my pastors to preach a new sermon the vast majority of Sundays.  

Former members... what does the congregation think about her constantly just re-playing past videos or WD classes? I mean, never mind that weddings serve as church sermons so in the warmer months they can go weeks without a service that isn't a wedding. Does it bother them in private? (I ask "in private" because we all know that nobody would say anything bad about Gwen or leadership in public ?‍♀️

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Blue said:
Maybe I'm just selfish (I'm sure that's what RF would say) but I don't think it's crazy for me to want my pastors to preach a new sermon the vast majority of Sundays.  
Former members... what does the congregation think about her constantly just re-playing past videos or WD classes? I mean, never mind that weddings serve as church sermons so in the warmer months they can go weeks without a service that isn't a wedding. Does it bother them in private? (I ask "in private" because we all know that nobody would say anything bad about Gwen or leadership in public [emoji2356]

Gwens sermons are viewed the same way Bible flops are. “If she said it today, it’s because it what I needed to hear to get through today/this week/this problem”

Even when her sermons are “new” she says the same things in a different order. I heard every sermon for over 12 years and she was a broken record for the vast majority of it

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
removed tapa sig
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

On 2/17/2021 at 2:01 PM, Xan said:

I grew up in the rural South and people ate pig brains.  My dad liked them cooked with scrambled eggs.  

I had scrambled eggs and calf (I think) brains at the Oxford Hotel in Missoula, Montana, long ago. When you ordered them the server would call back to the kitchen "He needs 'em!" 

• Haha 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic