IGNORED

Joy & Austin 31: Adding Evelyn Mae

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

?‍♀️I didn’t have a point, I was just trying to start a conversation about the same video and I tagged you because you were the first one to mention that particular post, which is didn’t disagree with btw - I’m just sitting in Australia horrified by fundies in the US and their casual disregard for life protecting practices...then I was distracted when my corgi barked because my dachshund was judging her, so I left the page. 

Im not a big fan of mask, but it's not the end of the world to wear one so I do. I just find it really annoying that these fundies know that you have to wear a mask in specific buildings but they blatantly disregard it. That woman in the video who asked them about masks, I don't know if she pro or anti mask, but she's just trying to follow the rules her company put in place, because you can get shut down for not following protocol and then more people are out of work. I wished these fundies would just think of anyone but themselves for one second. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

c3gl8a1ei1j61.jpg.76c87d8eb4ddd51949de2e38d4fd5616.jpg

Someone on Reddit posted this. Joy liked a "Duggar Confessions" (where fans anonymously send in their thoughts about the Duggar family) Instagram post about Jill.

I wonder if she realized that people would notice?

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 25

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

c3gl8a1ei1j61.jpg.76c87d8eb4ddd51949de2e38d4fd5616.jpg

Someone on Reddit posted this. Joy liked a "Duggar Confessions" (where fans anonymously send in their thoughts about the Duggar family) Instagram post about Jill.

I wonder if she realized that people would notice?

Why do people love Joy so much? I always suspected that Joy and Jana along with Anna and Joken have turned on Jill. I believe Jessa  is told to visit with Jill only to bring her back into the fold. I knew that Joy was on the outs with Jill because they used to be so close and Jill likes almost every single post of Joy's yet Joy does not return likes except will like the posts of her other siblings. Jill basically raised her.  Shame on Joy. As a side note, I believe Derrick dislikes Jeremy (he's spoken something snarky implying it was Jeremy) and that's the reason why Jill isn't close with Jinger but not because Jinger judges her lifestyle as Joy and Jana do. I give props to Lauren and Josiah for still remaining close with Jill despite their reliance on JB.  Joy has a lot of nerve. Why wouldn't Joy, who is a koolaid drinking, skirt-wearing fundie now, not see Jill as "being obedient to her helpmeet"? How would Joy like it if she received criticism for the fact that Austin supports Trump, hunts, and his family have had the Pearls featured as conference speakers, multiple times? Jill likes every post of Anna's, as well, yet Anna won't like hers back but likes the others, just as Joy does... Anna's sister Priscilla used to be close with Jill but unfollows her now. Such nice Christians.

Why would Duggar fans, who likely most resemble Jill's brand of evangelicalism, support the Duggars shunning Jill? I am unfollowing Joy.  

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 41
  • I Agree 7

And Joy is happy to rewrite history (or lie) when it suits- she’s spoken about the TV shows they watched as children and when she was ‘dating’ Austin- both things the Duggars assured us didn’t happen. Jill and Derick have partially lifted the lid and told us what most of realised a long time ago- the show was scripted and contrived and the Duggars played their parts for money and the benefits of fame.

Joy and Austin are with the Freedomist jerks and wasn’t Joy the first to go to Parler? They’re showing who they are.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 5

As Joy’s someone who isn’t a newbie when it comes to social media and TV, I’m almost certain she was aware people would notice she liked the post. I reckon it’s her way of showing her opinion while being able to hide behind the “I wouldn’t have thought anyone might check” excuse. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

The most vocal “Christians” I know are the most judgmental of others. If you’re not living their way, you’re doing it wrong. No exceptions. I’ve always figured the Duggars and people around them are the same. Seems Joy is on board with that. It’s not surprising but it’s sad. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 8

I think the buddy system / sister mom thing had a really awful impact on Joy (and Jennifer) . By all accounts, and everything they’ve shown us, Jill was the most attentive, involved, nurturing “team leader” of all the older girls. Joy seemed very, very attached to her. As an active tomboy girl, and then for the couple years between when they made her act like a lady and when Jill split. I am sure Jill, as her big sister mom, was the primary one nudging her to comply with all the ways to act right when they decided she was too old to run wild. In the normal order of things Joy would move emotionally away from Jill as a mid-teen to start her own life - Instead Jill left her. And not just to move down the street, to go thousands of miles away. And all this happened as their entire family imploded due to the molestation going public. That’s a lot to cope with. 
 And her leaving didn’t just impact Joy emotionally, losing a close daily bond, it hurled her into full-time childcare and housework. No wonder Joy would be pissed if Jill is now dissing the family. 
That kind of friction over beliefs would be hard in the most normal, average family - but you throw in both the public eye and their messed up attachment system? 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1

I actually don’t get the notion that Joy should do her “sister daughter duty” and stay close and support Jill. And it is not as if we haven’t discussed that Jill and Derick selling out family business and air dirty laundry to stay relevant. It’s a great fact check for their fans. And while I am interested in what they say about her family I totally understand why the people that get talked about feel differently about it. 
Joy has decided (or was decided) to stay in the fold. That’s ok (though sad and unfortunate). And while Jill can talk about what she wants, she cannot expect them to be happy about it. 
We talk a lot about cutting ties with people when the relationship is unhealthy or turns sour. And we applaud Jill to do so, but don’t bestow the same right on her siblings. I wouldn’t be surprised if Annabelle has driven Joy deeper into the fold than she was ever before. It’s only natural if they have a falling out over it (I mean I don’t get it but religion doesn’t play such a vital and identify forming part in my life). 
 It is sad for Jill, I am sure and I hope she can find back to a relationship with the siblings she cares about. But non of them owe each other that. Jill doesn’t have to pander to Michelle because she was actually a mother to her at one point.

But Joy is definitely using the same techniques, and pinpoints publicly to their issues. That is quite hypocritical. I do think that Jill will benefit from it in the end.

• Upvote 20

For me, it's less about Joy having an obligation to stay close to Jill and more just the hypocrisy of her liking this post publicly, since it's only compounding the whole "burning bridges between families" thing. I also think that at least Jill is putting her face to her words and not hiding behind shady likes. Joy is doing the equivalent of a subtweet, presumably so she can have some plausible deniability if someone calls her on it--something like "I didn't realize it was public" or "my finger slipped, I didn't mean to like it." I find that immature. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I actually don’t get the notion that Joy should do her “sister daughter duty” and stay close and support Jill. And it is not as if we haven’t discussed that Jill and Derick selling out family business and air dirty laundry to stay relevant. It’s a great fact check for their fans. And while I am interested in what they say about her family I totally understand why the people that get talked about feel differently about it. 
Joy has decided (or was decided) to stay in the fold. That’s ok (though sad and unfortunate). And while Jill can talk about what she wants, she cannot expect them to be happy about it. 
We talk a lot about cutting ties with people when the relationship is unhealthy or turns sour. And we applaud Jill to do so, but don’t bestow the same right on her siblings. I wouldn’t be surprised if Annabelle has driven Joy deeper into the fold than she was ever before. It’s only natural if they have a falling out over it (I mean I don’t get it but religion doesn’t play such a vital and identify forming part in my life). 
 It is sad for Jill, I am sure and I hope she can find back to a relationship with the siblings she cares about. But non of them owe each other that. Jill doesn’t have to pander to Michelle because she was actually a mother to her at one point.

But Joy is definitely using the same techniques, and pinpoints publicly to their issues. That is quite hypocritical. I do think that Jill will benefit from it in the end.

Whose Annabelle? 

I don't want to sympathize with Joy because this was an absolute asshole move from her - but I do recognize that there's probably a big sense of betrayal intertwined in her feelings towards Jill. Jill raised her, they bonded over a shared trauma and was there for her when she got married and when she lost her baby. For Jill to call everything she taught Joy awful and traumatizing must be hard for Joy to comprehend.

She might feel like she has to double down to show that she won't follow Jill's path, she might be questioning her how Jill (someone who was so nurturing and motherly to the 'glue' to the family for most of the kids) can turn her back on her family like this since I doubt she's ever experienced a betrayal with a friend like most people would in middle/high school. She's also been brought up in an environment that hammers home Jesus first, Others second, Yourself third - and (in her perspective) Jill is doing the exact opposite of that. 

So while I don't have an ounce of sympathy for Joy opting to be cowardly in how she chooses to denounce the woman who raised her, I can understand why she feels so aggressively. Joy, acting with malicious intent to stir up drama and hurt your sister's feelings while maintaining plausible deniability is NOT very Christian, or a very decent thing to do at all. Critical thinking has never been Joy's forte, but if she had an ounce of it she might realize that Jill isn't airing anything new - Jim Bob made the decision to blast his family's entire lives TLC for money. Jill is just doing what JB did, but for herself and separate from the family. Not to be cliche, but Joy can't hate the player without hating the inventor of the game.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3

I also find it bizarre that Joy has likely lied about dying her hair.

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t blame Jill for trying to profit off of her trauma from growing up in that horrible family after JB stole her money.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I don’t begrudge her this either. But I can understand why her siblings feel violated. She is dragging her (and by default her siblings) upbringing and livelihood. She is basically calling them liars that show a false reality. And this goes to the adult siblings as well. Even if Jill’s intent is to tell her story and only criticise her parents, it does reflect and touch on her siblings.

Was Joy’s move shitty? Yes. But I get were the sentiment comes from. That’s not an excuse, by the way. She can cut Jill out of her life and argue with her in private all she wants. But publicly making a statement (and I will judge her LIKE as such), being angry because Jill spoke publicly is pure hypocrisy.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I also find it bizarre that Joy has likely lied about dying her hair.

Yes, I’m not buying ‘it’s the lighting’ either! 

• Upvote 1

While I can see why Joy would be pissed about Jill and Derick spilling about some of the stuff that went on but she isn't doing herself any favours by liking this stuff publicly. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

All of these folks were raised worshipping at the altar of JB, and we all know who what JB worships, greenbacks. If you want to see a Duggar(et al) get snarky or publicly mouthy, threaten their pocketbook. Such scam artists. Like most folks, the Duggars need and want money and the finer things in life. The only difference is they refuse to get educated or work for it.

I do applaud DD for pushing back on JB. His wife (+ others) were molested by JB’s son and we’re forced to keep sweet. Jill worked her entire life to help support the family that JB created. She was denied an education and basic freedoms. Sometimes you have to pull off a bandaid to heal deep wounds. DD did that, and good for him. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Joy posted a video of Gideon's birthday. Shows dinner at the big house the night before. They gave him a fire house play set. Went to a trampoline place. Looks like pretty much their group had the place to themselves but still. No one was wearing masks. Michelle had one on at first but was about to take it off.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

On 2/22/2021 at 5:34 PM, luv2laugh said:

Why do people love Joy so much? I always suspected that Joy and Jana along with Anna and Joken have turned on Jill. I believe Jessa  is told to visit with Jill only to bring her back into the fold. I knew that Joy was on the outs with Jill because they used to be so close and Jill likes almost every single post of Joy's yet Joy does not return likes except will like the posts of her other siblings. Jill basically raised her.  Shame on Joy. As a side note, I believe Derrick dislikes Jeremy (he's spoken something snarky implying it was Jeremy) and that's the reason why Jill isn't close with Jinger but not because Jinger judges her lifestyle as Joy and Jana do. I give props to Lauren and Josiah for still remaining close with Jill despite their reliance on JB.  Joy has a lot of nerve. Why wouldn't Joy, who is a koolaid drinking, skirt-wearing fundie now, not see Jill as "being obedient to her helpmeet"? How would Joy like it if she received criticism for the fact that Austin supports Trump, hunts, and his family have had the Pearls featured as conference speakers, multiple times? Jill likes every post of Anna's, as well, yet Anna won't like hers back but likes the others, just as Joy does... Anna's sister Priscilla used to be close with Jill but unfollows her now. Such nice Christians.

Why would Duggar fans, who likely most resemble Jill's brand of evangelicalism, support the Duggars shunning Jill? I am unfollowing Joy.  

Remember Joy at Jill’s wedding?  She had a complete wreck because Jill (her Mom) was abandoning her.  It was the saddest thing I ever saw.  

Jill is still Jill.  She is a sweet girl.  The only change in Jill is she is learning to spread her wings and soar.  JB should be ashamed of himself for the way she is being treated.  JB’s parents did not approve of many of JB’s choices but he did not turn his back on him.

One of the hardest lesson I have learned about dealing with kids post 18 is they are going to do stuff you really don’t care for.  

But, with that said, I will not disown your children if they choose to follow a rule book that I do not live by. 

• Upvote 22

Maybe you can help me understand something. So, Joy talks about being patient and loving etc etc in her new Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMDkMAhJL-P/

How do they combine that with the „Pearl method“?

One time Jessa told Ivy not to touch Janas flowers, of course Ivy ripped some blossoms off... twice and then ran off. She wasn’t reprimanded. I would have thought they would react differently. Would the Pearls have reacted differently? 

Where do they draw the line? Is it only for show? I never get it!

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic