IGNORED

Joy & Austin 31: Adding Evelyn Mae

Coconut Flan

49 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I want to know how close to the timing of the CarVan visit,

Carlin visited Joy after Evy was born.

ETA: Just looked through Joy's Instagram and Carlin visited for July 4th also and stayed for Joy's baby shower around July 12th. She posted that she and Evan were at the tail end of fighting Covid in the middle of August. 

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 5

Yes, two visits.  When I check YouTube, after the visit, Layla had a weird rash then they had covid.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

You and your family. I notice she only answered for her direct family not the rest of the family (fair enough) but bummer if I and I suppose the original person who asked didnt want to know the answer for the other 19. 

8D32B920-EDB2-4AF7-96A2-C05D0821E9DF.png

I thought her answer made sense. If someone asked if me and my family had had covid I would assume that they meant me, significant other, and possibly children. I wouldn’t assume they meant extended family unless specifically asked. And even if Joy did wonder if that was the real question, another family members health isn’t your news to share. The grownup Duggar girls never seem to step on each other’s toes and announce someone else’s news. Michelle specifically said something along those lines when Jinger announced her first pregnancy. She had a taking head that said something to the affect  of, “I always tell them not to share anyone else’s news, but sometimes the little ones have a hard time keeping a secret, so I tell the big ones not to say anything in front of the little ones if they’re not ready for everyone to know.”

• Upvote 14
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 1

Well of course she had COVID. She and Austin made it sound like it was no big deal. I'm sorry to me this just more of their reckless and irresponsible behavior. The stupidity of it makes me angry. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 19

5 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

I thought her answer made sense. If someone asked if me and my family had had covid I would assume that they meant me, significant other, and possibly children. I wouldn’t assume they meant extended family unless specifically asked. And even if Joy did wonder if that was the real question, another family members health isn’t your news to share. The grownup Duggar girls never seem to step on each other’s toes and announce someone else’s news. Michelle specifically said something along those lines when Jinger announced her first pregnancy. She had a taking head that said something to the affect  of, “I always tell them not to share anyone else’s news, but sometimes the little ones have a hard time keeping a secret, so I tell the big ones not to say anything in front of the little ones if they’re not ready for everyone to know.”

Yes I get all that. But 99 percent of the people in the world don’t have all their family on tv. So for the “normal” person yes it would be natural to assume it’s just you hubby and kids but for someone like Joy I don’t think it’s unreasonable that people may mean or imply the whole lot. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yes I get all that. But 99 percent of the people in the world don’t have all their family on tv. So for the “normal” person yes it would be natural to assume it’s just you hubby and kids but for someone like Joy I don’t think it’s unreasonable that people may mean or imply the whole lot. 

Sure, it might not seem unreasonable to ask, but I do think it’s unreasonable to assume she would understand/answer. I think Joy feels pretty “normal” and “non-famous”. When it comes to those Instagram AMAs you can choose which questions you answer and which ones you ignore. I’ve asked plenty of polite, but curious questions on other influencers AMAs that have been ignored (and I mean super boring questions that would have been easy to answer like, “Do you have any siblings?” “do you have a link for that product?”).  She obviously felt fine answering this and didn’t think it was anything to hide. She didn’t mention her family members being sick because most “famous” people tend to not share about their extended families health without permission. I’m just not seeing any drama or subterfuge in her answer.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Well of course she had COVID. She and Austin made it sound like it was no big deal. I'm sorry to me this just more of their reckless and irresponsible behavior. The stupidity of it makes me angry. 

Well, probably it was no big deal for them. For most people it is not a big issue to get Covid. 
Which is why it is so dangerous since people don’t care about infecting others that might have a much harder time fighting the virus.

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

We can probably assume a lot of the Duggars had it without Joy outright admitting it, since she also says she goes to the big house at least once a week. I wonder if they'd all be more careful if grandma Mary was still around.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Well, probably it was no big deal for them. For most people it is not a big issue to get Covid. 
Which is why it is so dangerous since people don’t care about infecting others that might have a much harder time fighting the virus.

Except we also don't know what the long term effects are for people who've had COVID. She make she's fine and there may be late effects that pop up later. Especially since she pregnant at the time, there may be long term effects for her baby. Idiots!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

OKay so actually here's the thing, like with Joy claiming they had covid, I'm just gonna say I take it with a grain of salt. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if 1) they had a cold/allergies and decided it was covid (cause I doubt they'd be tested, get a positive, and not immediately post about it for 'SEE IT'S NOT THAT BAD) or 2) are saying they had it so people don't hound them about the massive gatherings 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 4

@Peaches-n-Beans I’m inclined to agree. Some of the family may have had mild symptoms but I doubt any of them took the ‘ the whole household needs to isolate’ advice at all seriously. I think saying they had it at an unspecified time serves a duel purpose of stopping criticism of their behaviour and supporting the narrative of their dear leader that it’s no big deal.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1

8 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

OKay so actually here's the thing, like with Joy claiming they had covid, I'm just gonna say I take it with a grain of salt. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if 1) they had a cold/allergies and decided it was covid (cause I doubt they'd be tested, get a positive, and not immediately post about it for 'SEE IT'S NOT THAT BAD) or 2) are saying they had it so people don't hound them about the massive gatherings 

Joy was pregnant at the time. She got real prenatal care, because she had lost the last pregnancy at 20 weeks and there had been a chance this pregnancy (#3) was a molar pregnancy. She was getting real prenatal care at time. If she thought she had COVID, her OB/GYN would have made her get tested. Especially since pregnant women are considered high risk for COVID. 

If she hadn't been pregnant, may be she'd just guess that a cold was COVID, but she was seeing real medical professionals at the time. And hopefully she was somewhat scared for the baby. 

The other thing is it says nothing good about them that Joy doesn't seem to take the risk of passing COVID to someone more vulnerable. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

Pickles and Hairspray posted a screenshot last week of a message from one of her sources saying that all of the Duggars have contracted and recovered from COVID.

On 1/10/2021 at 8:01 PM, SorenaJ said:

If they had covid, it's entirely their own fault.

and it pretty much makes them now uninsurable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Why?

pre-existing condition. Once you have it, it can do all sorts of things to ones body, and i think generally that is what will happen. Insurance companies will not be happy having to pay for treatment to the side effects of having had covid.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I thought American insurance companies weren't allowed to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions anymore? And surely there are so many people who've had Covid it would be a nearly unworkable policy? Especially since so many people might not have had access to tests/ didn't bother (where I would guess most Duggars are), or were asymptomatic? I don't see how, if that was true or likely, you wouldn't have a massive problem with people refusing to be tested

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

5 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I thought American insurance companies weren't allowed to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions anymore? And surely there are so many people who've had Covid it would be a nearly unworkable policy? Especially since so many people might not have had access to tests/ didn't bother (where I would guess most Duggars are), or were asymptomatic? I don't see how, if that was true or likely, you wouldn't have a massive problem with people refusing to be tested

that was part of the ACA.  Guess who killed the ACA?  yeah, him and those in Congress.  So that little bit got tossed out with it.  They SAID they would fix that.  They did not.  As someone who lived life before the ACA and had pre-existing conditions - I'm SEVERELY not amused.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Sabine said:

and it pretty much makes them now uninsurable. 

49 minutes ago, clueliss said:

that was part of the ACA.  Guess who killed the ACA?  yeah, him and those in Congress.  So that little bit got tossed out with it.  They SAID they would fix that.  They did not.  As someone who lived life before the ACA and had pre-existing conditions - I'm SEVERELY not amused.

Full disclosure, I work in the financial side of health care administration.

This is not accurate.  Portions of the Affordable Care Act were overturned.  However, the portion that mandated coverage despite pre-existing conditions is still in force.  https://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/about-the-aca/pre-existing-conditions/index.html  The Trump administration promised to protect the pre-existing condition requirements IF that portion of the ACA was overturned.  (Which it was not.)

Prior to the ACA (2014), denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions was illegal for group health plans (since HIPPA in 1996).  It was possible to have a waiting period for coverage of a pre-existing condition unless you moved from group health plan to group health plan.  Pre-existing condition exclusions were possible only  under private health plans.  Since the vast majority of  Americans are and have historically been covered under group health plans, this did not apply to the most people.  We do not know the details of the Duggar's health coverage but if they wished to do so, they could form a group to cover the entire extended family under a group health plan.

It would be virtually impossible to place a pre-existing condition exclusion on people who have had COVID 19.  Assuming it was even legal to do so, the insurance company would have to prove that someone had had COVID.  Currant COVID antibody tests have a high false positive rate.  Once vaccination is widespread, virtually everyone will test positive for antibodies. Unless it is self-disclosed, the only other way to prove that someone had had COVID 19 would be to trace insurance claims or government testing data.  In a pandemic of this scope, in a country of 331 million people, that would be a daunting task.

For many years,, it has also been illegal to deny coverage for health conditions that you are genetically predisposed to but do not currently have.  Additionally, a number of diseases can cause health complications later in life (example 1: chicken pox can lead to shingles which can cause permanent nervous system damage) (example 2: strep throat can lead to scarlet fever which can lead to rheumatic fever.  This can cause permanent heart, joint, or nervous system problems).  Insurance companies do not deny coverage for people who have had strep throat or chicken pox.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 24

1 hour ago, Born Skeptic said:

Full disclosure, I work in the financial side of health care administration.

This is not accurate.  Portions of the Affordable Care Act were overturned.  However, the portion that mandated coverage despite pre-existing conditions is still in force.  https://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/about-the-aca/pre-existing-conditions/index.html  The Trump administration promised to protect the pre-existing condition requirements IF that portion of the ACA was overturned.  (Which it was not.)

i agree with you that they would not outright deny coverage, but they will not provide services. The insurance provided will be less then stellar, with huge co pay and such to the point where it does not matter that one has insurance as it is in name only. 

This is going to be an issue worldwide  - covid side effects, covid permanent damage to tissue, lungs, heart etc  and all what we don't know yet - and considering that i don't think the US health care system will change much for the better over the next four years, i believe that Covid sufferes might not be 'insurable' at point of cost. 

I have insurance, i received to steroid injections in my left shoulder, - this is now considered a pre-existing condition which is not covered anymore, and i don't live in the US. Its not that you can't get insurance, its just that once you list all the ailments you have in your life that insurance will not cover a whole lot. Welcome to the real world Duggars. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Will it be enough their claim on social media for the insurance or will they ask for some sort of document/proof? I mean I can say whatever I want, even that I haven't had covid, how can the insurance know if I have had it or not, without having some sort of documentation? 

1 hour ago, Sabine said:

i agree with you that they would not outright deny coverage, but they will not provide services. The insurance provided will be less then stellar, with huge co pay and such to the point where it does not matter that one has insurance as it is in name only. 

This is going to be an issue worldwide  - covid side effects, covid permanent damage to tissue, lungs, heart etc  and all what we don't know yet - and considering that i don't think the US health care system will change much for the better over the next four years, i believe that Covid sufferes might not be 'insurable' at point of cost. 

I have insurance, i received to steroid injections in my left shoulder, - this is now considered a pre-existing condition which is not covered anymore, and i don't live in the US. Its not that you can't get insurance, its just that once you list all the ailments you have in your life that insurance will not cover a whole lot. Welcome to the real world Duggars. 

I am sorry that you are having a health issue.  Being ill is difficult enough without having insurance and financial headaches to worry about. 

In general, US insurance does not really work the way you describe.  If you have a group health plan (usually provided by an employer, school, or trade organization) the insurance company provides the same level of service to every member in the plan. They can not choose to provide lesser coverage, fewer services, or higher premiums or copays to an individual member for any reason including past medical history.  Plans purchased through the ACA Exchanges (which still exist) work the same way.  If you are one of the significant minority in the US with true private health insurance, the insurance company still has to honor the terms of the plan that you purchased.  There are formulas for determining premiums, copays, covered services, etc are strictly laid out in the contract.  

As I said, I work in the financial end of health care administration.  I also have a significantly expensive health issue.  Two of my three kids have significant and expensive health issues.  One is still in graduate school and on our health insurance. I have a lot of experience working with health insurance companies, both personally and professionally.  It is highly unlikely that US insurance companies are going to refuse coverage for COVID related health issues in the future.

Edited by Born Skeptic
typo
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Will it be enough their claim on social media for the insurance or will they ask for some sort of document/proof? I mean I can say whatever I want, even that I haven't had covid, how can the insurance know if I have had it or not, without having some sort of documentation? 

There is no reason to expect US insurance companies to refuse coverage for COVID related health issues in the future.  In the unlikely event that they do, they are not going to get their information off of social media.  They would get whatever information they need from your medical records and the diagnostic codes attached to any treatment you would have.  Example: If you have a post COVID related heart issue, the diagnostic code submitted to the insurance company is going to indicate that it is COVID related. ( There is currently no such code but they would assign one if necessary in the future.)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic