IGNORED

Joy & Austin 31: Adding Evelyn Mae

Coconut Flan

Patience really is a virtue, one I've been actively cultivating since I was 18 (weird story) and I still come up short plenty. 10+ kids and I know I'd be bonkers.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

On 3/8/2021 at 10:50 PM, raayx01 said:

They have all these weird A names and then go with something so old and traditional as Agnes

I just saw on Dugger Data that this will be their sixth kid. The other kids names are Alora, Adeline, Alyza, Allove, and Arrow.

• Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

I just saw on Dugger Data that this will be their sixth kid. The other kids names are Alora, Adeline, Alyza, Allove, and Arrow.

I just did a little more googling and Austin's older bother also has 5 kids. So between all  four kids, Austin's dad has 15 grandkids with the one on the way.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4

On 3/9/2021 at 5:50 AM, SorenaJ said:

Agnus looks like a misspelling of Angus. 

And now I want a steak.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

I just watched Joy and Austin’s YouTube video about going to pick up a crappy old RV that they bought at an online auction. I don’t think it’s been discussed yet.

https://youtu.be/gBRKk7KImCE

There really is a lot to unwrap with these two. They make some very questionable parenting choices like leaving a rifle lying on their dining room table. They also went to pick up the RV on one of those cold icy days with both kids and the trip appeared to take at least ten hours because Austin first had to get the RV running and then it broke down on the way back. Who the hell brings kids on this trip knowing the weather is bad and the RV needs work? Kendra and Joe’s decision to bring a one week old baby on a trip to a wedding looks smart compared to these morons. “Adult” Joy has always rubbed me the wrong way and Austin seems like a perfect match for her.

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

While I was initially impressed that Austin had some work ethic, he has been really bothering me lately. I don't have a problem with families owning guns but no, they can never just be lying around. The video of Gideon "ziplining" was really concerning. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Add a word
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Loaded or not, a gun should never be lying around. It doesn't teach kids the respect for handling that is the foundation for gun safety.

No guns in my house ever. I'm not against them per se but I have no need for one and I don't have room for a gun safe anyway.

• Upvote 24

6 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

No guns in my house ever. I'm not against them per se but I have no need for one and I don't have room for a gun safe anyway.

Back when I was living with roommates, whenever it came time to interview new potential ones that was always one of my questions to ask: if they owned a gun. If they said yes, that was an automatic no to them living with me.

• Upvote 13

On 3/20/2021 at 3:54 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Loaded or not, a gun should never be lying around. It doesn't teach kids the respect for handling that is the foundation for gun safety.

Agreed. I grew up with (locked up, unloaded) guns in the house. I think they're a reasonable thing to have for hunting, sport shooting, etcetera, but just leaving them lying around? Unlocked, potentially loaded, with little kids in the house? No. Not just no, but HELL no!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Agreed. I grew up with (locked up, unloaded) guns in the house. I think they're a reasonable thing to have for hunting, sport shooting, etcetera, but just leaving them lying around? Unlocked, potentially loaded, with little kids in the house? No. Not just no, but HELL no!

That is when tragedies happen. That is people who treat guns as toys and not give them the gravity of what they are--- a weapon that can kill. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 16

5 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

So did I and that's exactly how it was. Guns were always locked up and unloaded. My parents' never would have had guns just lying around. We were taught that guns are not toys. They are guns. Used only for hunting and protection as a last resort. Never assume a gun is unloaded and showed us how check if a gun is loaded or not. Never pull the trigger unless your sure and if your not don't because once you pull the trigger your responsible for that bullet. They'd never leave guns just lying around.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

You know you are Fundie when you spent a long cold day shopping for a used RV...

• Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic