IGNORED

Alyssa & John 6: She's Raising Sister Moms

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

They lie a lot.

It's not FJ. Alyssa said if #4 was a girl, she would stop. She has been using BC for 2 years, so she perfectly knows how to decide her family size. She's very fertile and the exact moment she was healed, she decided to have another child. She can say it's up to God but it isn't. I think her only suprise baby was Zoey (too close to Lexi, didn't seem planned).

I am including the beginning and end of your quote because they should go together - yes, Alyssa said they would stop if 4 was a girl but also they lie a lot and I have no doubt that in 2-4 years even after a girl they'll say "surprise #5 is coming". I also think she was joking when she said that about stopping at 4 girls, I remember it was from a BUB episode talking to grandma Jane. These two have no intention of stopping anytime soon.

How predictable these fundies are, down to the set of portraits of the daughters that we all knew would culminate in an announcement. And yet somehow they're the only ones who seem "surprised".

3 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I knew the single pictures of each daughter she had posted over the last few days we’re going to lead to an announcement! These people always have professional photoshoots to announce and even though she hasn’t posted anything on her Insta, the pic in the People article is from the same photoshoot. I honestly really hope she’s as healthy as her doctors seem to think she is. She didn’t release the video that the doctor had cleared her until a couple weeks ago and if she’s due in February, then she got pregnant in May, which could be before she got the okay from doctors. 

May you said? Guess they were doing more than eating unhealthy snacks on that couch.

Screenshot_20200806-122512_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 8

I mean this is kind of gross to speculate on but fundies do this ALL THE TIME. Have a "couples getaway" and a few months later, announce a baby on the way. Like...good for y'all keeping the marriage spark alive but "couples trip" now seems code for  "expect a baby announcement this year." Like..I guess its just because they don't use protection but I can't imagine broadcasting to the world that I was about to go on a conception vacation. BLEGH

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Unfortunately, I think this is the beginning of another Bates/Duggar baby surge. (Although I suppose it could be argued that Joy and Jinger started it). Josie, Jessa, Kendra, and Erin could all announce soon followed shortly by Carlin, Tori, and Lauren. Abbie and Anna could easily announce before this batch is done with their pregnancies as well. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, CatMom said:

Unfortunately, I think this is the beginning of another Bates/Duggar baby surge. (Although I suppose it could be argued that Joy and Jinger started it). Josie, Jessa, Kendra, and Erin could all announce soon followed shortly by Carlin, Tori, and Lauren. Abbie and Anna could easily announce before this batch is done with their pregnancies as well. 

Joy and Jinger are both pregnant following miscarriages, though. Joy would have given birth with all the other November babies and Jinger would have had one in the spring. Alyssa feels like the start of a brand new baby blitz. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

But do they not have sex outside of getaways?

Honestly, I have 1 and can't find time to do the deed, I don't know how the hell they ever have time to bone with 3 toddlers around.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

23 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Joy and Jinger are both pregnant following miscarriages, though. Joy would have given birth with all the other November babies and Jinger would have had one in the spring. Alyssa feels like the start of a brand new baby blitz. 

Kind of like the old wives tale that death and bad news comes in threes...Duggar and Bates pregnancy announcements tend to come in groups too. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Honestly, I have 1 and can't find time to do the deed, I don't know how the hell they ever have time to bone with 3 toddlers around.

I had three kids all two years apart and I was nine years into my marriage before I realized that most married couples don't have sex every day.

Every marriage is different.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I fear that this pregnancy will Mark the start of another pregnancy wave from both D. And B.

For the Bates we have 

Erin often pregnant at the same time Alyssa is and addicted to baby

Carlin already start teasing of a possible second pregnancy

Josie in a couple of months, Willow is past 1y old mark

Withney harder to say when she is due but she will not want to be left out

Tori has drunk the Kool-Aid directly from the bottle already has two near 

For the Duggar we have

Kendra young and fertile and with easy pregnancy and baby

Jessa, she probably wants another one close to ivy as she was with Jinger 

Lauren seems pretty fundie and she may want a second soon maybe a boy

Abbie who knows how close she wants her second? 

Anna at the end of the year it will for nicely in her schedule 

Plus we could have at least an engagement for the Bates (Katie) and maybe a courtship announce from one of the boys 

A couple of courtship announce from the Duggar boys. 

Wow it seems that 2021 could be really a busy year for both family 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

If Alyssa goes with the trend of using her name as inspiration for her daughters' names, and Webster #4 is a girl, I'm calling it now:  Sadie Hope.  Sadie begins with an S which is the next letter to use; has the e-i-y sound like the others' names; and has five letters like Allie-Lexi and Zoey are four letters each.

Hope for the middle name because it's a fundie fave; it's an emotion like Joy (Zoey's middle name); and has four letters like Jane-Allie's middle name.  Mae and Joy, Lexi and Zoey's middle names, are three letters each.   This way everything is all even, two and two and matchy-matchy....how Alyssa seemingly likes it. 

Should be interesting.  Baby names always make fun speculation. 

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

But do they not have sex outside of getaways?

Can someone have sex at home with 3 little kids? Days are exhausting!

Of course not all pregnancies come from getaways, but leaving children for a couple days usually make a couple relax.a.lot. So, "vacation babies" are a thing haha.

• Upvote 7

I do think this is the start of another wave of pregnancies:

Zach and Whitney I could see going either way for having a kid for 2021, but if I had to make a prediction, I'd guess they have one right at the end of the year in December.

Erin and Chad had a very similar gap in spacing between Brooklyn & Everly and Everly & Holland, so my guess is they would have roughly this amount of spacing between Holland & #5. This would mean they'd end up having another kid around July (though probably be due in August since she gives birth so early).

Tori and Bobby had a fairly small gap between Kade and Kolter, so if they keep that up, I could see them having a third in the fall of 2021.

Carlin and Evan I see having one at some point during 2021. My guess would be sometime in the summer.

Josie and Kelton I also see having one at some point during 2021. The spring would be my guess, so if that's correct, they would be the next to announce.

It's crazy to think that it's very plausible the Bates could have 6 grandchildren born in 2021.

And though it is not their thread, I do think the Duggars will have a bit of a boom as well, though not to that extent. I can see Jessa and Ben, Joe and Kendra, Jill and Derick, John and Abbie, and Josiah and Lauren potentially having kids in 2021, with Josh and Anna ending the year expecting #7 (like with Erin and Chad, their child spacing has been very consistent the past few kids and if they keep up the pattern, #7 will arrive in late February or early March of 2022).

• Upvote 5

I agree that this is the beginning of a baby boom.  I've been meaning to comment that with only Joy preggo and due soon we were probably going to get at least once announcement.   I'm betting on Josie, Carlin and Erin are being pregnant before the end of the year as well as Kendra/Lauren and I'm going out on a ledge and saying Jill.  I think Anna will be preggo next year but no baby until 2022. 

I do think that they can be honest in the way they phrased this with sly wording.  "Wondering if we going to have more children." Can be that they didn't know if Alyssa's health would ever be well enough for them to stop using a method of not getting pregnant.  It can also mean that they were doing nothing and she had a natural pause in conception.  Maybe they were just have sex less.  "Surprised" by this pregnancy can mean she was trying not to conceive and got pregnant anyway.  She wasn't able to conceive for the last 2 years and is truly happy that it finally happened, or they only started trying at their getaway and she was shocked that it happened so easily/quickly.  Also, her biology knowledge is suspect.  Since they leave it all up god I wouldn't be surprised if they are honestly shocked when they get pregnant when they are hoping not to and then choose to put a positive spin on it. 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 10

That comment about wondering if they'd have more rubbed me the wrong way. Alyssa has probably had the easiest time with pregnancy and birth of all her family--no miscarriages, no infertility, no clotting disorder, easy natural births. I feel for her with the heart condition--that is no joke and would throw any family for a loop. But three kids in three years and you're wondering if you'll have more after two heart surgeries? Girl, check your fertility privilege and try that announcement again. 

ETA This is a touchy subject for me, hence the BEC, but still. Only in fundie land would this be top of mind after all she's been through. 

Edited by EmiSue
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I really wish fundies would drop the whole "surprise" schtick. You guys know where babies come from.

Also man Lexi looks exactly like Kelly in these latest pictures.

I was just thinking what a cute little face Lexi has. Now, you've ruined it. ?

Does anyone else think "we'll stop if #4 is a girl" doesn't make sense? So if they have a boy, they'll go on to have a #5? Why? So they can get a second boy? Probability doesn't really work that way. Then again, math has never been their thing. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

I'm going to guess Sari. 

I fell into the hole and thought maybe she was done. Beautiful girls.  Health scrare. I thought...Alyssa is done.  But, no.  So, I guess I should stop wondering if Carlin is going to wait because Layla has health issues that scare her. Probably not.  Yes, another surge is coming. Erin can't let Alyssa be pregnant and not be pregnant too.  Whitney won't want to feel left out from Erin. And Tori is the one they think will have 19 so she'll be at it soon.  Plus, Josie and Carlin.  And if Katie gets married this year she'll have one too. 

As the Bates men, outside of Zach, can't seem to find a wife the ladies will just keep reproducing. Got to give it to the Duggar men they do.  Even Josh, who is just ugh...

Any chance we think Jill won't have more than 2? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

If Alyssa goes with the trend of using her name as inspiration for her daughters' names, and Webster #4 is a girl, I'm calling it now:  Sadie Hope.  Sadie begins with an S which is the next letter to use; has the e-i-y sound like the others' names; and has five letters like Allie-Lexi and Zoey are four letters each.

Hope for the middle name because it's a fundie fave; it's an emotion like Joy (Zoey's middle name); and has four letters like Jane-Allie's middle name.  Mae and Joy, Lexi and Zoey's middle names, are three letters each.   This way everything is all even, two and two and matchy-matchy....how Alyssa seemingly likes it. 

Should be interesting.  Baby names always make fun speculation. 

This is totally up Alyssa's alley. My only hesitation is that there is already a Bates grandchild with the middle name Hope (Everly) but then, they have a Zoey and a Khloe so maybe that sort of thing doesn't matter too much to them. If not, maybe something like Sadie Anne?

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

This is totally up Alyssa's alley. My only hesitation is that there is already a Bates grandchild with the middle name Hope (Everly) but then, they have a Zoey and a Khloe so maybe that sort of thing doesn't matter too much to them. If not, maybe something like Sadie Anne?

My first thought was actually Sadie Rose, because Rose has now become such a popular middle name and surprisingly it's not taken by any of the granddaughters yet,  but then the whole "Hope" as a fundie fave name came to mind.  I remembered Everly's middle name was Hope after I posted.  Also Addallee's middle name is Hope.   And I agree; Sadie Anne works too.     

Alyssa's pregnancy also answers the question as to why Allie was being trained so young to be a sister mom.  At 5 years old she's already being prepped to earn her keep with the new baby, who will arrive when Allie is one month shy of age 6.  It sadly sounds like Jill Dillard, who at the tender age of 6 was given baby Joy to raise.  Lather, rinse, repeat.      

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 2

In the instagram post, Lexi was the only one who looked excited besides Alyssa and John. Zoey didn't seem to understand what was going on, and Allie looked, not upset, but very bored with it all. Like us! 

Allie Jane is a beautiful girl with a lovely name and some heart. Please, Alyssa, don't rob her childhood and turn her into a total sister mom. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I had a feeling Alyssa was only on pause because of her health issues.

But on the bright side, she's 2.5 SD's late for #4! 

I still don't think she wants a houseful of kids... hopefully she'll realise she can stop before she has 6.

ETA: I can't believe Alyssa will be 26 with 4 kids.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Any chance we think Jill won't have more than 2? 

I don’t think she will have another either by choice or medical I think she is done. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Well Chad Paine whisked Erin away for a secluded camping trip in early July, so we should be expecting a new baby from them in March (due April)! Did I get that right?

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Wow it seems that 2021 could be really a busy year for both family 

And a busy year for them is a busy year for us on FJ ?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic