IGNORED

Alyssa & John 6: She's Raising Sister Moms

GreyhoundFan

4 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

If Alyssa goes with the trend of using her name as inspiration for her daughters' names, and Webster #4 is a girl, I'm calling it now:  Sadie Hope.  Sadie begins with an S which is the next letter to use; has the e-i-y sound like the others' names; and has five letters like Allie-Lexi and Zoey are four letters each.

Hope for the middle name because it's a fundie fave; it's an emotion like Joy (Zoey's middle name); and has four letters like Jane-Allie's middle name.  Mae and Joy, Lexi and Zoey's middle names, are three letters each.   This way everything is all even, two and two and matchy-matchy....how Alyssa seemingly likes it. 

Should be interesting.  Baby names always make fun speculation. 

I don’t follow about her name inspiring her daughters name, besides Allie being similar to Alyssa 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

So Tori’s baby, Kolter, was born 3/25 and it looks like Alyssa got pregnant in late May. That’s two months of no Bates pregnancies. At this rate, I wonder if we’ll ever go even that long again. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, habert said:

I don’t follow about her name inspiring her daughters name, besides Allie being similar to Alyssa 

The theory is that A is for Allie, L is for Lexi, Y is for Zoey?, and the next letter in her name is S so an S name.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I think (her health holding up), Alyssa will have no more than 6 kids and stop. Sometime after 30 there is plausible deniability for “the lord not giving us more.”  Erin’s announcement will come in the form of something with pumpkins this October.

I think Josie and Carlin will have single digit kids. A few close together, but then they’ll get more and more spread out. 

• Upvote 3

Live image of me right now:

Spoiler

:occasion-clown:

I really don't understand taking the effort to re-arrange your bedrooms when you know you have another child on the way. I should know better trying to rationalize fundies, though. 

I hope she has a hospital birth and sees a doctor this pregnancy. I know she's had three successful births with a midwife at a birthing center, but I can't help but worry. Would a legitimate midwife (which she seems to use) consider her high risk and recommend she be followed by a doctor?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Just now, llg1234 said:

hope she has a hospital birth and sees a doctor this pregnancy. I know she's had three successful births with a midwife at a birthing center, but I can't help but worry. Would a legitimate midwife (which she seems to use) consider her high risk and recommend she be followed by a doctor?

All Bates daughters (plus Whitney) visit doctors during their pregnancies. Bates have a lot of faults, but in general the second generation takes doctor advice seriously. I don't think anyone should be worried for Alyssa. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Melissa1977 said:

All Bates daughters (plus Whitney) visit doctors during their pregnancies. Bates have a lot of faults, but in general the second generation takes doctor advice seriously. I don't think anyone should be worried for Alyssa. 

....all of them except Alyssa. Which has been fine so far, since she's had straightforward pregnancies and easy births. But she talks about how much she hates hospitals, which while understandable, still makes me worry.

And I will always worry about the impact of having back-to-back babies for 15+ years. It's not good for the body and it's not good for the kids involved. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

So Alyssa just posted a new YouTube video. She said she was late and took a pregnancy test around May and it was negative. She was disappointed because she had baby fever,  Zoey was already 2 and they felt ready. Then she took a pregnancy test in June and it was positive. She decided to tell John a few days later since it was Father’s Day. 

With this info I don’t get why they said in the announcement that it was a “surprise blessing”. They clearly wanted another baby. I also don’t think they were using bc like I’ve heard some people speculate.

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

So Alyssa just posted a new YouTube video. She said she was late and took a pregnancy test around May and it was negative. She was disappointed because she had baby fever,  Zoey was already 2 and they felt ready. Then she took a pregnancy test in June and it was positive. She decided to tell John a few days later since it was Father’s Day. 

With this info I don’t get why they said in the announcement that it was a “surprise blessing”. They clearly wanted another baby. I also don’t think they were using bc like I’ve heard some people speculate.

I dont think its really speculation, they said in a youtube video that they would not have more babies until doctors gave her the all clear. Maybe they where just completely abstaining from sex, who knows, but they clearly were preventing in some way.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I also don’t think they were using bc like I’ve heard some people speculate

Months ago she said she had baby fever but was waiting for the doctors to say she was healed. While she didn't use the words birth control or abstaining, it's been 2 years since Zoey's birth. She's very young, does not breastfeed and has been utterly fertile before. I don't believe for a moment she's not been preventing.

Also, being pro life means protect the life since the beginning. If drugs and surgery could eventually kill the baby, she (as a pro life) should prevent.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I've said before that I do not understand these fundies and their constant claims that every pregnancy is a surprise. They are young, healthy people having unprotected sex on demand. I would be more surprised by them NOT being pregnant. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Y'all it's a surprise because they never know if Jesus is going to fire up that womb again. Pregnancy is only caused by unprotected sex if you're a heathen. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 20
  • Love 5

On 7/31/2020 at 9:16 PM, llg1234 said:

websites like Spokeo compile information, which you can request they remove.

Don't get me started on Spokeo. I had to resort to threatening to sue them to remove me from the website. Most of the information was wrong and they hinted that I was arrested. I had a lawyer friend write up an email to send them. After like 5 attempts they removed it. But I haven't checked in a while. It might be back.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I think there is a 50/50 chance Jill will stop at two. I think medical complications plus Derrick happily being one of two may drive this. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

My name guess for Webster #4 is going to be Sami Leigh for a girl, John Elliot Jr for a boy. They'll hit 6 by the time she's 30, have a couple more after that, then be done. John is one of 6 and Alyssa has said she'd like 6-8 kids in the past....

I do also think we'll see a spring baby from Erin; no pauses for the Paines until they hit at least 6, if ever. Baby #2 for both the Stewarts and then the Balkas towards the summer/fall....ugh, lol. I don't think Tori will have another baby quite so close as Kade/Kolter, though idk that she'll make it to Kolter's first birthday before she's pregnant again either. Whitney, I really don't think is racing to keep up with her sisters-in-law.....but at the same time being surrounded by babies seems to make her want more, so maybe an announcement from the little Bates late 2021? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 8/6/2020 at 9:23 PM, justmy2cents said:

The theory is that A is for Allie, L is for Lexi, Y is for Zoey?, and the next letter in her name is S so an S name.

I think whomever is following these theories thinks more about Alyssa and John’s children’s names than Alyssa and John. Seriously, what on earth is this nonsense? Adults actually spend time thinking about this kind of thing?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I think whomever is following these theories thinks more about Alyssa and John’s children’s names than Alyssa and John. Seriously, what on earth is this nonsense? Adults actually spend time thinking about this kind of thing?

I look at this a different way. I doubt Alyssa, because I think John leaves the kids and their names up to her, could identify and verbalize the alphabet name pattern that some on FJ have highlighted. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I look at this a different way. I doubt Alyssa, because I think John leaves the kids and their names up to her, could identify and verbalize the alphabet name pattern that some on FJ have highlighted. 

I just find it amusing (and sad) to think Alyssa is narcissistic enough to want to spell out her own name with her kids' names but this is a good point. She's not that sharp. Or that creative, really.

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I agree, I think Alyssa just liked the name.  And with the expression on John's face when he found out she was pregnant....this is no where near their last kid.  For all of the collective talk from them all about being surprised that they were pregnant I don't think that any of them will actually firmly stop until the "Lord closes their womb".  Although, out of 38 Bates/Duggar kids chances are at least one will decide to actively limit their number of children. 

• Upvote 10

I kind of thought Alyssa was going with the syllables for her kids' names: AL-lie JANE, LEX-i MAE, ZO-ey JOY, BAH-da BOOM. Cutesy has to be part of it, too. If they are planning on having another 'set' of kids in a row, Alyssa may change it up, but I'm hoping she continues with BAH-da BOOM because I secretly kind of like it and also poke fun at it in my head.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9

On one of their YouTube talks didn’t they discuss the names they liked but have not used? I seem to remember Andy, Ryan and maybe Jaden for a boy. Also, Sophie (?) for a girl? 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Bobology said:

I kind of thought Alyssa was going with the syllables for her kids' names: AL-lie JANE, LEX-i MAE, ZO-ey JOY, BAH-da BOOM. Cutesy has to be part of it, too. If they are planning on having another 'set' of kids in a row, Alyssa may change it up, but I'm hoping she continues with BAH-da BOOM because I secretly kind of like it and also poke fun at it in my head.

Occam's Razor would suggest this and/or that she just likes the cutesy way that the names sound. She's the girly girl and all three girls have hyperfeminine cutesy names.

The hypothesis about her choosing the names to spell out her own name somehow (even though there's no 'z' in 'Alyssa') reminds me of when people try to come up with elaborate theories for why [character's name] in A Song of Ice and Fire is a subtle reference to [obscure mythological/Biblical figure] and therefore a clue to the character's endgame. But like. Sometimes names are just chosen because they sound nice.

• Upvote 11

On 8/6/2020 at 7:22 PM, neurogirl said:

conception vacation

Can't get this phrase out of my head, because you really nailed it @neurogirl

I would like to have a conception vacation in the fall as well, but with my PCO and everything I'm not quite sure we can afford a vacation that is long enough to get me pregnant. -.-

• Upvote 1
  • Love 11

On 8/9/2020 at 6:43 PM, SassyPants said:

On one of their YouTube talks didn’t they discuss the names they liked but have not used? I seem to remember Andy, Ryan and maybe Jaden for a boy. Also, Sophie (?) for a girl? 

Yes, she mentioned some names that they have on their baby list, so they could be using one of them: Anna, Amy, Ashley, Amanda, Jade and Megan for girls, and Andy, John Elliot, Jase, Jared, Nicholas and Brian for boys.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Can I guess she's having a boy? How many weeks do you have to be for the gender blood test? She so obviously dressed in blue with the girls all in pink....

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic