IGNORED

Alyssa & John 6: She's Raising Sister Moms

GreyhoundFan

Continued from here:

Alyssa is proud that Allie is becoming a sister mom.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 3

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Continued from here:

Alyssa is proud that Allie is becoming a sister mom.

Honestly, this doesn't shock me. Out of all the Bates daughters Alyssa seemed to be the one who would have more than one child because it is what she was raised to do and expected of her. If Alyssa and John weren't fundie, then I could easily see them being a happily married couple having only one child after a few years of marriage.

Plus, I don't think Alyssa and John were as parent ready as the family portrayed when they started having children. On the show some of the brothers joked about how Alyssa would try to avoid some of her sister mom duties like diaper changing and late night feedings. So, when Alyssa had Allie, Lexi, and Zoe, I think she thought it would be a piece of cake. The only problem is she didn't have another sister mom to help her out with them. I wouldn't be surprised if she and John are done for now, but have a few more in the future when their daughters are sister mom age. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I wonder if she's pregnant now and is appreciating Allie's sister-momming because she's fighting first-trimester nausea and fatigue.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, EmiSue said:

I wonder if she's pregnant now and is appreciating Allie's sister-momming because she's fighting first-trimester nausea and fatigue.

ahhh yes possible. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I've been thinking that it's about time for pregnancy announcements to begin again.....It's been 8 months since the Nov 2019 baby boom from the Bates/Duggars....and even longer for a few others like Alyssa.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I really hope that they take a break from baby production as it has become rather boring. More insights into what they all actually DO would be more interesting. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Angelface said:

I really hope that they take a break from baby production as it has become rather boring. More insights into what they all actually DO would be more interesting. 

For many of them, that’s  all they do.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

So I’m killing time before my husband finishes work. Scrolling through Prime Video I see United Bates of America. I rip my bong and press play. Season 1, episode 1. Jeb is born and needs to be taken to a NICU for breathing issues. At 03:50 Alyssa goes to see him for the first time and is obviously upset. But then she says that it was heartbreaking “to see him like...in a cage” and I got angry because Alyssa likely doesn’t give a shit about any of the children currently in cages at our southern border. 

• Upvote 23
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

So I’m killing time before my husband finishes work. Scrolling through Prime Video I see United Bates of America. I rip my bong and press play. Season 1, episode 1. Jeb is born and needs to be taken to a NICU for breathing issues. At 03:50 Alyssa goes to see him for the first time and is obviously upset. But then she says that it was heartbreaking “to see him like...in a cage” and I got angry because Alyssa likely doesn’t give a shit about any of the children currently in cages at our southern border. 

The mental gymnastics and flexibility that these people have to do to reconcile their beliefs with reality is disturbing. We all do it. We all have things we believe to be true because of how we are raise, what we have experienced, etc. When we find out that maybe that is wrong, we look for excuses or exceptions so that we can still hold that belief in line with the new information we just learned. But with fundy families, it seems like this is something they do daily.  

It reminds me of a college roommate I had. She always (and I mean always) sang the words of popular songs wrong. She had an okay voice, but I hated driving with her in the car because she would belt out a tune with the wrong lyrics. One night I challenged her on it and said I was sure the lyrics were X. She looked confused and said, there must be two versions of the song because she knew the lyrics were Y. She now does weekly karaoke events at a bowling alley and invited me to come along on her birthday. I went, expecting to hear her laughed at because of the lyric situation. She sang four times and did so with the correct lyrics. She immediately remembered the previous incident and said, "I have learned there must be different lyrics depending on region. I grew up on the west coast so I'm obviously more familiar with those than the ones here in the south." 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 12

So Alyssa posted pictures of the girls’ bedroom. Allie and Lexi are sharing a bunk bed and Zoey is on a trundle bed. From what I remember Allie used to have her own room, so I wonder they put her back with the other girls. Room for another baby? Wanting a guest room? John’s home office?

• Upvote 10

40 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

So Alyssa posted pictures of the girls’ bedroom. Allie and Lexi are sharing a bunk bed and Zoey is on a trundle bed. From what I remember Allie used to have her own room, so I wonder they put her back with the other girls. Room for another baby? Wanting a guest room? John’s home office?

It makes me so sad that Zoey is in a trundle bed. I’m totally fit with room sharing as long as it doesn’t reach Shupe levels. But kids need their own beds. And a bed that needs tucked under someone else’s is nonsense. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Isn’t Lexie in the trundle? Also, I wonder if it’s to make room for a new addition. I hope not.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Isn’t Lexie in the trundle? Also, I wonder if it’s to make room for a new addition. I hope not.

Yep you’re right, I mixed them up. I just assumed that the youngest would be the one in the trundle so I didn’t really look at which girl it was ?

• Upvote 3

My first thought when I saw the video is that Alyssa is pregnant and they need the other room for the new baby.

• Upvote 9

While that is most likely the case, maybe Alyssa moved all the girls in the same room so she could sleep in and Allie could get them dressed in the morning.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

New baby is a boy and needs his own room is what I was thinking... 

0CC31468-0813-4DF8-854B-B683B03ED790.png

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

In the video they said the trundle was Zoey’s so you aren’t entirely confused.  

Also at one point Allie got moved in with her sisters because Alyssa decided to redo her closet and they moved the entire content of John and Alyssa’s closet into Allie’s room.  It is also the guest room so every time Alyssa’s siblings come for a visit the poor child gets moved from her room.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Smells like a baby boy is coming (and they already know it's a boy). BUT it's also easier to keep the 3 girls in a room: Allie will put the others in their pyjamas, dress in the morning, take them to the toilet at night if needed...

Alysa and John have graduated, don't they? It's like they are done with parenting and they are clearly focused in themselves. If at least "themselves" meant something interesting... but it's just fast food, make up and no-children time.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I’m likely giving a Bates too much credit, but I wonder if maybe the other bedroom is being used as a dedicated playroom? I did that when mine were tiny; the result was a tidy, distraction-free bedroom, and a room where the toys could be corralled and out from under foot.

I’d guess at perhaps a dedicated homeschool room, now that Allie is enrolled at SOTDRT, but it wouldn’t make much sense to do that yet.

Edited by Denim Jumper
  • Upvote 5

This is really BEC, but why bother putting up bunting with the girls' names on them only to cover them up with furniture?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I don't mind the trundle but I had a similar bedroom set up growing up. Only it was a set of bunkbeds with a trundle and a twin day bed with a trundle. 5 girls in one medium sized bedroom wasn't fun in the teen years but it wasn't as bad as sharing the bathroom ?

I do think it is likely that Alyssa is pregnant. I really can't think of another reason they would move Ally over with the other girls. 

• Upvote 10

16 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

The church pics haven't happened for a couple weeks either. Announcement in 3, 2, 1...?

They have happened though?

Alyssa doesn’t show until quite far along so she very well could be pregnant but she definitely has posted pictures. 

Pictures from June 21, June 28 and July 5:

Spoiler

B1017BE3-5439-4BF9-B3BD-78A3504AD881.thumb.jpeg.dce502bd7ff0a5ca5c1222d17632081b.jpeg
F3A9F37B-BD1F-49C0-8AB0-0356732C76FB.thumb.jpeg.302cbfb65003c792cf10b11bdfd04d3d.jpeg

B3C85612-27C9-4DAB-9D4E-48B5DB0296E3.thumb.jpeg.bbc4217e6b4d70fb983d6c121cc10431.jpeg

• Upvote 7

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic