IGNORED

Alyssa & John 6: She's Raising Sister Moms

GreyhoundFan

18 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

Can I guess she's having a boy? How many weeks do you have to be for the gender blood test? She so obviously dressed in blue with the girls all in pink....

She probably did that so both sexes would be represented. Although I bet they do know the sex. I think they can test around 8-10 weeks.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Is this the first time that she's announced a pregnancy without announcing the sex of the baby and the name? If so, I bet it's another girl. If it was a boy she'd be shouting from the roof tops.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, marmalade said:

She probably did that so both sexes would be represented. Although I bet they do know the sex. I think they can test around 8-10 weeks.

Yes, I think they are able to do a test (?harmony?) after 10 completed weeks of gestation. My sister had it done, so I can’t remember all the details - just what she told me. They test the mother’s DNA for the baby’s blood I think.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

There is the NIPT test that can be done from 10 weeks, and Sneak Peek test, which can be done from 8 weeks. Sneak Peek just tests for the sex, NIPT is more expensive and can test for several different conditions, and the sex. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Is this the first time that she's announced a pregnancy without announcing the sex of the baby and the name? If so, I bet it's another girl. If it was a boy she'd be shouting from the roof tops

With Allie they announced a baby was coming in November and then announced sex and name in January. 

With Lexi they announced pregnancy and sex at the same time (In September) and then in December they announced her name.

With Zoey they announced everything at once. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

With Allie they announced a baby was coming in November and then announced sex and name in January. 

With Lexi they announced pregnancy and sex at the same time (In September) and then in December they announced her name.

With Zoey they announced everything at once. 

Maybe the not announcing means it’s a boy. Maybe they want a surprise this time  maybe they don’t know yet. Ahh time will tell. My life is a bit on the boring side. I want to know, Then I will be like oh well that was boring lol. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

Don’t they usually announce much later into the pregnancy? A 12 week announcement seems early for them, doesn’t it? Didn’t Alyssa say that they were finding out the gender sex next month and would announce it then?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

12 weeks seems very early to find out the sex of the baby. I know it is possible but it is very uncommon.

• Upvote 2

It's pretty common now if you opt for genetic testing or have any blood test done and they check. If there are any Y chromosomes in your own blood, then you're having a boy. If there aren't, you're having a girl. I knew at 10 weeks because had genetic testing done (on me) for our first pregnancy. Now it makes me want to pay for the "designer" test that just checks the blood for the sex for the next kid (Genetic testing only necessary once). 

Edited by kmachete14
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I think they know it's a girl. The school room does not make sense if it's a boy (Alyssa keeps newborns in her closet for a short period, and then they sleep in a regular bedroom). She changed the rooms when she already knew about the pregnancy, so why to lose 1 bedroom?

I think she just wanted a pinteresty announcement, followed by a pinteresty sex reveal, just like her sisters did.

I wonder why she hasn't done a vow renewal already. Their 5 anniversary last year could have been a good occasion. I can see her doing the same than Whitney, using the excuse of the vow renewal, to get a more fancy wedding. But maybe she thinks her wedding was good enough (which, sincerely, would be great).

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

It's pretty common now if you opt for genetic testing or have any blood test done and they check. If there are any Y chromosomes in your own blood, then you're having a boy. If there aren't, you're having a girl. I knew at 10 weeks because had genetic testing done (on me) for our first pregnancy. Now it makes me want to pay for the "designer" test that just checks the blood for the sex for the next kid (Genetic testing only necessary once). 

Insurance does not always cover it. She is still in her twenties and does not have a history of having a baby with a chromosomal disorder, so I doubt most insurance companies would cover the blood test. Also, some insurances limit the amount of ultrasounds.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I still dont get why in 2020 people do gender (actually sex) reveal parties, and generally both fundies and non fundies are so goddamn obsessed with this mystery, turning every symptom into clues. No, extra cravings has jackshit to do with the gender. How are they so goddamm dumb?

Sorry if I'm in a BEC mood but this whole comment thread enrages me:

Screenshot_20200812-125413_Instagram~2.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2

40 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Screenshot_20200812-125413_Instagram~2.jpg

That first one alone pisses me off, so I’m BEC right along with you.  “For John’s sake.”  WTF?  That implies that his daughters are disappointing and less enjoyable because they’re girls.  Why does John need a boy? He has three charming little girls, and this asshat makes them sound inferior.  Loser.

ETA:  AAAAND—John is the one determining the sex anyway.  Alyssa can’t supply the Y chromosome. 

Edited by catlady
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, catlady said:

ETA:  AAAAND—John is the one determining the sex anyway.  Alyssa can’t supply the Y chromosome. 

I think you are giving them too much credit, this person doesn't know even the most basic facts about science and conception and even in case they have listened to something about since once or two times they have completely forgotten by now and choose to ignore it. I'm discovering that my patience for this kind of person is basically gone they hurt me in a way I wasn't believing possible just a couple of years ago, sometimes I want to scream so bad at them... Is hard to bite your tongue and keep going without insulting anyone 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 9

13 hours ago, catlady said:

AAAAND—John is the one determining the sex anyway.  Alyssa can’t supply the Y chromosome

How do you dare? It is God who chooses the baby geeeeendeeeer! 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

How do you dare? It is God who chooses the baby geeeeendeeeer! 

Ups sorry you are right, I should be ashamed of myself, do you think the prayer closet will help me? 

But before going I have a question, how did he choose the gender, he throws a coin and says head they will heave a boy, cross a female? ?

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10

On 8/12/2020 at 6:07 AM, justmy2cents said:

Is this the first time that she's announced a pregnancy without announcing the sex of the baby and the name? If so, I bet it's another girl. If it was a boy she'd be shouting from the roof tops.

That’s possible. My guess, however, is that she knows she’s having a boy this time and wants to announce it during a specially organized gender reveal party. Just guessing though ?

18 hours ago, freethemall said:

I still dont get why in 2020 people do gender (actually sex) reveal parties, and generally both fundies and non fundies are so goddamn obsessed with this mystery, turning every symptom into clues. No, extra cravings has jackshit to do with the gender. How are they so goddamm dumb?

I can understand that during a time of happy anticipation, one turns the waiting period into some sort of game... interpreting symptoms and trying out old wives tales doesn’t seem bad IMO as long as they are taken with a grain of salt AND as long as the baby will be loved and respected regardless of its sex.

Once it turns into a patriarchal shit show, it’s an entirely different matter of course. But if an expectant mother spends her time with a couple of pregnancy related theories and experiments, I don’t mind at all and can see how that might be fun for her and her partner/friends/family... 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

21 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I wonder why she hasn't done a vow renewal already. Their 5 anniversary last year could have been a good occasion. I can see her doing the same than Whitney, using the excuse of the vow renewal, to get a more fancy wedding. But maybe she thinks her wedding was good enough (which, sincerely, would be great).

Alyssa was rather sick around her fifth wedding anniversary, wasn’t she? She was struggling with her heart issues and a failed first surgery, so I don’t think she was in the mood to plan a big party. After the current pregnancy, however, who knows... 

I don’t tend to snark on Whitney’s vow renewal too much because frankly, I understand her. When she married Zach, they couldn’t freely plan what they wanted, Zack was still under his parents control and Whitney tried to fit in and for a while even made a commitment to be skirts only. So to want a second go seems fair. The same is true for Alyssa... 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Alyssa was rather sick around her fifth wedding anniversary, wasn’t she? She was struggling with her heart issues and a failed first surgery, so I don’t think she was in the mood to plan a big party. After the current pregnancy, however, who knows... 

If Allie is 5 now, they celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary in April(?) 2019 and she was fine then. But maybe she does not want a vow renewal and prefers to do it at their 10th anniversary.

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

If Allie is 5 now, they celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary in April(?) 2019 and she was fine then. But maybe she does not want a vow renewal and prefers to do it at their 10th anniversary.

No, she was sick last year. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

She actually had her first heart surgery on Allie’s 4th birthday. 

• Upvote 2

I can see why Alyssa was super happy about having Allie help out with the younger ones- she’s super sick with this pregnancy (doesn’t make it right though). She said she’s gotten sicker with each pregnancy. I would say I hope that it’s a deterrent for not having more kids but you never know with these people. I feel bad for the little girls having a mom in bed all day. 

Spoiler

Edited by mstee
  • Upvote 14
  • Sad 1

Is Alyssa showing some side boob in that photo? You go girl! I’m assuming the Bateseses’ rating of side boob on the defrauding scale would rank extremely high. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Johannah said:

Is Alyssa showing some side boob in that photo? You go girl! I’m assuming the Bateseses’ rating of side boob on the defrauding scale would rank extremely high. 

I had to go back and double check. I didn’t notice, cause ya no normal people don’t worry about that. But you are right for a fundie that’s almost string bikini ? side boob. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic