IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

Glad people from Colorado are calling her out for not wearing a mask while in public. She really is irresponsible. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Abbie has all the yucky feels for her outstanding bravery of speaking the truth. Actually, Abbie, what you are feeling is commonly called a “conscience”. You know, that pesky part of your soul telling you how wrong you are. Maybe you should humble yourself and take a good look at what you’re writing and behaving like. It ain’t pretty. Or inspiring. Or good. You’re also not brave, Abbie. You’re a liar and a coward. You hide behind the drama you stir amongst your leg humpers and take no personal responsibility for the crap you dump out. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Abbie seems incapable of making a post just for fun. In fact, I don't believe Abbie does anything just for fun. I get the feeling that the Halberstadts march in line from one anxiety filled activity to the next. Her vacation posts haven't read as someone who's relaxed and enjoying herself. Instead of sharing fun stuff, she spends her downtime writing boring lectures on topics that she's a self-appointed expert on. I'm sure Shaun could use a vacation business trip just to unwind from this vacation.

To round out my BEC, I can't stand Abbie's new wookie look. Her choppy bangs/mop hair are a hideous combo.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-07-18-19-45-06.thumb.png.0fe0bfb638799cb24d91c22e9cb9da6f.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

On 7/17/2020 at 2:14 PM, Zommom said:

Abbie has all the yucky feels for her outstanding bravery of speaking the truth.

She is the living, breathing embodiment of those old "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" Loreal commercials.  "I don't like saying these ridiculous things but I must because THE LORD told me to.  And BTW here's a link to a black instagrammer who thinks just like me, so I can't be racist."  

When her leghumpers call her brave and kiss her ass I must admit I'm just utterly befuddled.  She is one of literally THOUSANDS of christian mommies on Instagram who post their filtered, posed, arranged lives because they are so certain it is their "MINISTRY."  There is nothing brave about anything she does.  She lives in her little privileged white bread bubble and doesn't allow any thing, let alone a critical thought, in.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

8 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie seems incapable of making a post just for fun. In fact, I don't believe Abbie does anything just for fun. I get the feeling that the Halberstadts march in line from one anxiety filled activity to the next. Her vacation posts haven't read as someone who's relaxed and enjoying herself. Instead of sharing fun stuff, she spends her downtime writing boring lectures on topics that she's a self-appointed expert on. I'm sure Shaun could use a vacation business trip just to unwind from this vacation.

To round out my BEC, I can't stand Abbie's new wookie look. Her choppy bangs/mop hair are a hideous combo.

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-07-18-19-45-06.thumb.png.0fe0bfb638799cb24d91c22e9cb9da6f.png

Her hair looks much better now that she cut off a few inches and washed it. But I agree about the bangs. They just aren’t her thing.

• Upvote 5

I had a baby in the middle of summer and of course I didn't travelled that year, because I wanted to stay near my hospital! A twin pregnancy can easily end in a C-section, or with other issues, and she could have to face it in another state, with eleventy kids alone in the vacation house?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

She is the living, breathing embodiment of those old "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" Loreal commercials.  

This made me remember a comedy sketch: “Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful—hate me because I’m conceited!”

• Haha 14

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her hair looks much better now that she cut off a few inches and washed it. But I agree about the bangs. They just aren’t her thing.

One or the other is ok but both at the same time looks dumb.

I wonder if Abbie likes being pregnant because Shaun is around more when she is. It seems like the only time he is really present and engaged. He probably tries to minimize any arguing and just gives Abbie her way to keep her calm. I'm also wondering if Shaun is who Ezra learned this behavior from. Ezra is a gentle nurturer. Those are good traits to have but for a person like Abbie, those are behaviors to exploit. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Oh, Abbie...More self loathing on her image. Pregnancy is not an evil thing. Our bodies are beautiful and meant to grow larger while growing a baby (or 2, in her case). Pregnancy isn’t the time for dieting! She obviously doesn’t know anything about gestational diabetes, either! She really just hates her body. Her age is showing the effects with carrying twins and she is desperate to hold onto the myth that she is still young. How dare she try to get people to support her ED and go “no sugar” with her. She also taught a Body Pump today, THE DAY after she got home from a two week vacation. She admitted how the vacation flattened her. She needs to take it easy, but she is a glutton for punishment. Wow. Sad.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Zommom said:

Oh, Abbie...More self loathing on her image. Pregnancy is not an evil thing. Our bodies are beautiful and meant to grow larger while growing a baby (or 2, in her case). Pregnancy isn’t the time for dieting! She obviously doesn’t know anything about gestational diabetes, either! She really just hates her body. Her age is showing the effects with carrying twins and she is desperate to hold onto the myth that she is still young. How dare she try to get people to support her ED and go “no sugar” with her. She also taught a Body Pump today, THE DAY after she got home from a two week vacation. She admitted how the vacation flattened her. She needs to take it easy, but she is a glutton for punishment. Wow. Sad.

This is disturbing. From the July 11th post:

"I still struggled mightily with body image and unhealthy relationships with food (mainly cycles of binging, then unrealistic deprivation) throughout my teens and early adulthood. Praise be to God, he has redeemed much of my thinking in this area."

Today:

"...on today, this first DAV (day after vacation) at home, I am rather thrilled to announce that I am on a sugar fast (besides date nights) for the next 19 days (there’s a reason for the specificity)."

I dont know of anyone that's thrilled to be dieting. Abbie says it's because she's had too many treats on vacation. This sugar fast is literally her eating disorder pattern. She binged on vacation and now she's depriving herself. Is she really so clueless that she doesn't see it? 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

On 7/16/2020 at 12:21 PM, albireo said:

Unfortunately...Trust and Obey are both still open...

I’m not the only one who has “trust eeeeend Obey” stuck in their head, right?

• Haha 6
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, SuperNova said:

This is disturbing. From the July 11th post:

"I still struggled mightily with body image and unhealthy relationships with food (mainly cycles of binging, then unrealistic deprivation) throughout my teens and early adulthood. Praise be to God, he has redeemed much of my thinking in this area."

Today:

"...on today, this first DAV (day after vacation) at home, I am rather thrilled to announce that I am on a sugar fast (besides date nights) for the next 19 days (there’s a reason for the specificity)."

I dont know of anyone that's thrilled to be dieting. Abbie says it's because she's had too many treats on vacation. This sugar fast is literally her eating disorder pattern. She binged on vacation and now she's depriving herself. Is she really so clueless that she doesn't see it? 

I'm really scared how her eating disorder will affect her kids when it comes to body image and self love. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

745516356_ScreenShot2020-07-21at4_36_07PM.png.1863c9eaa1a9ff64cd364c1963c31fbf.png

I'm sorry what? 

Let me guess, she ran into someone in the bathroom who didn't look feminine enough for her liking?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 4
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

745516356_ScreenShot2020-07-21at4_36_07PM.png.1863c9eaa1a9ff64cd364c1963c31fbf.png

I'm sorry what? 

Let me guess, she ran into someone in the bathroom who didn't look feminine enough for her liking?

I had to have a look at that post for myself. Yikes. Maybe she's talking about the complete bullshit story about Wayfair trafficking children? 

In the same post, she decides to tell us about how god is good. Nevermind all the problems in the world. God can't be bothered to cure pediatric cancer or feed the starving masses. He's too busy making sure Abbie gets a free Icee at 7-11.

Screenshot_2020-07-21-16-57-42.png.f9a75a66519a8e5ed03eb18450f33c4d.png

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Oh I’m sure she’s talking about the idiotic conspiracy theory of wayfair child trafficking. Only the stupidest trump humpers believe it. And Braggie might think she’s smart because she graduated from homeschool early, but she’s not. The woman clearly has no common sense nor does she seem to care to find some. I swear she gets worse and worse by the day. She’s a narcissistic, materialistic, conspiracy theory believing, child neglecting, mommy martyr, racist asshole. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Ah I had not heard of that conspiracy. When people like her start talking about pedophiles I just assume they're doing some transphobic fear mongering. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Also, she’s completely in denial about her white, upper middle class privilege. And proof she’s never been poor. Of course she was approached by an undoubtably “Christian” do-gooder. I bet you money that the person who gave Braggie the diapers did so because Abbie fit the model of a “good mama.” You know: a cute, white, nicely adorned, preggo, married woman. If Abbie was any other race, or without her husband, or looked “poor,” or “not pretty enough,” that women wouldn’t have deemed Abbie worth the kindness and would never have dared to approach her and give her any hand-outs.

It wasn’t GOD’s doing that brought her that kindness upon her. It was prejudice. Her “position and privilege” gives her advantages, especially in this case: charity and kindness from others. And, of course Abbie gladly accepts the undeserved handout and is clueless as crap about it, especially since she has never needed for anything in her whole life. Receiving a gift out of real need is not something she would ever comprehend. It is overwhelming impactful. Poor people or disenfranchised people get this. She doesn’t. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

9 minutes ago, Zommom said:

Also, she’s completely in denial about her white, upper middle class privilege. And proof she’s never been poor. Of course she was approached by an undoubtably “Christian” do-gooder. I bet you money that the person who gave Braggie the diapers did so because Abbie fit the model of a “good mama.” You know: a cute, white, nicely adorned, preggo, married woman. If Abbie was any other race, or without her husband, or looked “poor,” or “not pretty enough,” that women wouldn’t have deemed Abbie worth the kindness and would never have dared to approach her and give her any hand-outs.

It wasn’t GOD’s doing that brought her that kindness upon her. It was prejudice. Her “position and privilege” gives her advantages, especially in this case: charity and kindness from others. And, of course Abbie gladly accepts the undeserved handout and is clueless as crap about it, especially since she has never needed for anything in her whole life. Receiving a gift out of real need is not something she would ever comprehend. It is overwhelming impactful. Poor people or disenfranchised people get this. She doesn’t. 

I 100% agree and I hate that she will never see her extreme privilege. Her parents really did a horrible job of raising her. And her mother still enables her. Braggie’s parents are like Jill’s parents. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Holy fucking shit.  No one but a RAGING narcissist could post that a free cup of frozen sugar water and a box of diapers are "proof of god's sovereignty" while hundreds and hundreds of people are dying from the pandemic IN HER STATE.  

"Yes, people are dying and all that kind of ugly stuff, but GOD GAVE ME AN ICEE HE LOVES ME." 

desk throw.jpg

• Upvote 18

Let us not forget Braggie wasn't buying 3 ICEEs for the children with her.  She was buying 1 ICEE for herself.

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Let us not forget Braggie wasn't buying 3 ICEEs for the children with her.  She was buying 1 ICEE for herself.

I was going to mention that. I wonder how she justifies that to her kids? No matter how she explains this rationale to her kids, they know how selfish and BS that is. Kids’ are super smart. They know their mom is a bitch.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Zommom said:

I was going to mention that. I wonder how she justifies that to her kids? No matter how she explains this rationale to her kids, they know how selfish and BS that is. Kids’ are super smart. They know their mom is a bitch.

I think a lot of them will eventually realize this as they become adults. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one or two still cling to mommy for her approval. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Just reading Braggie's most recent "ask me anything"; someone asked about Santa, nope, they just don't "pay attention to it" and any media with Santa they don't watch, or something to that effect.  No trick or treating, or Fall festival because they don't "live in a neighborhood". (I thought they were in some kind of big homeschool group thing and that's how the kids socialize, but ok.....)

Of course all parents and families do their own thing as far as holidays/no holidays/gifts etc., depending on traditions, religion, no religion, whatever,  I can't help but feel sorry for those kids. ( I already did, but this made me feel worse for them)

I used to be friends with a fundie-lite family (they were in some ways leaning towards more strict fundie, which is why they had to part ways with my extreme far left kinda Christian  LGBTQIA affirming/Buddhist beliefs,)  and even they did a "harvest festival" Halloween celebration that was a lot of fun for their kids at least.  Again, I'm not judging how people celebrate or don't celebrate anything, but Braggie's kids certainly didn't hit the "fun childhood" jackpot,  IMO. 

Edited by snarkysuki1724
typos!
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

No trick or treating, or Fall festival because they don't "live in a neighborhood".

i.e. she doesn't want to be bothered with it.

My SIL wasn't fundy but did think that Halloween was satanic so she would take the kids to her church for a harvest party. My brother loved Halloween and didn't want to give it up so he would take the kids trick-or-treating without her (it was the 80's). The kids started calling their bastardized holiday "Harvoween" and loved every minute of it.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

Braggie only does what she wants. I can almost guarantee their homeschool co op does a fall festival type thing. Or their church does trunk or treat. I bet she doesn’t want to deal with costumes so the kids don’t get to do what a lot of other kids in their social group are likely doing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic