IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, smittykins said:

And isn’t Honor usually a girl’s name?

The only Honor I can think of is Jessica Alba’s daughter. And the only Shiloh I can think of is Shiloh Jolie Pitt. Both names seem unisex to me. But it’s almost like Braggie likes names that celebrities used over a decade ago. 

• Upvote 7

Welp. It looks like Ezra will go from brother dad to chauffeur when he turns 16. The girls will be old enough by then to be the sister moms. 

C8015510-855A-4419-ADD3-41C6F34E546F.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1

7 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

(The thing about inspiring visions of people with dreadlocks and nose rings is so offensive that the number of brain cells Abbie have left can probably be counted on one hand.)

I've had a nose ring since my 21st birthday (it was planned and not the outcome of some drunken hijinx). My name is derived from a Hebrew name and is a place mentioned in the bible. I wonder what Abbie would think of me...

• Upvote 6

I think nose rings are pretty mainstream these days. So much so that you’ll see fundies with them! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, tankgirl said:

Hilarious, because just like the rest of her, these are really trendy names, that are all typical, and not rebellious at all. She wants to pretend to be edgy, special, and unique all the time, but always stays in her same old narrow track. The only thing weird about her is her disgusting interest in keeping her hair filthy for ages and bragging about it, otherwise nope, just normal trending Mom. 

Btw I hate that one of my favourite names is on her list, but I have met so many kids lately with the name, I am so happy we didn't use that name.

I used one of those names thirty years ago.  It is super popular now.  I guess I was just WAY ahead of the rebel curve.

• Haha 9

I’m so annoyed. Braggie answered a question by saying, “I didn’t grow up deprived, but we were very poor.” 

Do you understand what “very poor” means?!?!? It means you are indeed deprived! Ugh. I hate that she paints her childhood in lies. My family qualified for some government assistance and lived paycheck to paycheck and I have never even considered saying we were very poor. Because we weren’t! Very poor means you lived in poverty. It means you likely went hungry at times. Braggie is so overprivileged that she thinks she actually grew up very poor. Ugh. I’m so disgusted. 

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 2
  • I Agree 13

DPIART and Be-all's 3rd son is named Honor.  At the time he was born, that's the first I'd ever heard it used as a first name outside of Puritan history (which I'm sure is the reason they chose it).

Yeah, the bullshit was flying thick and fast today on her questions and answers.  Her idea of "very poor" was probably not having the clothes or shoes or stuff her friends had, or not getting a car when she turned 16.  She grew up in East TX.  I've lived here for 15 years and I can tell you there are definitely some VERY poor people here.  But I seriously doubt Braggie was one of them.

"My hairdresser MARVELS AT MY THICK HAIR".  She is OBSESSED with her hair.  Completely.  

"I've never been an over spender" - your barn full of mediocre home decor, including a huge couch you changed out simply to get a different color, says otherwise.  

I LOLed when someone asked her if she gets Botox, because I've thought the same thing...mainly because her right eyebrow always looks permanently pulled back by a wire.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

DPIART and Be-all's 3rd son is named Honor.  At the time he was born, that's the first I'd ever heard it used as a first name outside of Puritan history (which I'm sure is the reason they chose it).

Yeah, the bullshit was flying thick and fast today on her questions and answers.  Her idea of "very poor" was probably not having the clothes or shoes or stuff her friends had, or not getting a car when she turned 16.  She grew up in East TX.  I've lived here for 15 years and I can tell you there are definitely some VERY poor people here.  But I seriously doubt Braggie was one of them.

"My hairdresser MARVELS AT MY THICK HAIR".  She is OBSESSED with her hair.  Completely.  

"I've never been an over spender" - your barn full of mediocre home decor, including a huge couch you changed out simply to get a different color, says otherwise.  

I LOLed when someone asked her if she gets Botox, because I've thought the same thing...mainly because her right eyebrow always looks permanently pulled back by a wire.

I think her eyebrows tend to look strange because they are mostly drawn on. Her brows are pretty thin from all the hair pulling and I think she draws them on wrong. They tend to look too high and severe. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m so annoyed. Braggie answered a question by saying, “I didn’t grow up deprived, but we were very poor.” 

Do you understand what “very poor” means?!?!? It means you are indeed deprived! Ugh. I hate that she paints her childhood in lies. My family qualified for some government assistance and lived paycheck to paycheck and I have never even considered saying we were very poor. Because we weren’t! Very poor means you lived in poverty. It means you likely went hungry at times. Braggie is so overprivileged that she thinks she actually grew up very poor. Ugh. I’m so disgusted. 

Seriously. She should go glance over at NicNogs facebook if she wants to see very poor. Something tells me Braggie was never so hungry she ate diseased turtles.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 2

Just now, TuringMachine said:

Seriously. She should go glance over at NicNogs facebook if she wants to see very poor. Something tells me Braggie was never so hungry she ate diseased turtles.

Agreed. She is so sheltered and overprivileged that she likely hasn’t even witnessed “very poor” in real life. The fact that her mother had the choice to homeschool her children tells me they weren’t very poor. I’m not saying they were middle class. They probably didn’t have a lot of money. But they weren’t very poor. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, Zommom said:

Have you guys checked out who she follows? All of the moms she follows are obnoxious Instagram Influencers and  have elements  that Braggie mimicks. She literally uses these women as her playbook for life!

I also feel kind of sorry for her because she's playacting her way through life, trying on other people's traits to see if they fit. She seems to have no central sense of self that would make her channel original. The problem is of course that instead of stopping having children, getting some therapy and working out who she is and what she actually wants... she doubles down. And her kids are left stuck in the middle of this, and I feel much worried for them. As to Shaun - for the live of God, if you don't want more children then do something about it.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I read an article which said that people always compare themselves to the next level up, not down. So Braggie might have grown up in the top 10%, but she'd be comparing to the 1%, not the 90%. You might think as a self proclaimed Christian she could look around and get some perspective on where she is, but I wonder if she secretly looked down on those who had less and were beneath her while feeling deprived because the next level up looked down on her.

• Upvote 6

I grew up very poor and it looked like this:

1. One dump I lived as a little girl that had cockroaches, fleas, and rats. Every home had some sort of infestation.
2. Only parent never around because she worked all the time and still had the power cut off all the time.

3. Drinking powdered milk because the real stuff was too expensive.

4. Standing in food pantry lines every month.

5. Having two pairs a shoes a year. One for church and one for school. Both came from the thrift store.

6. Having extended family offer zero help because they judged my mother and wanted to “teach her a lesson.” They shamed us kids for my mom’s choices. 

7. Moved around so much to avoid rent going up. I never stayed in one school a whole year. I was stunted educationally. 

8. Kicked out of Awana for not paying dues.

So much more....

• Love 31

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

And Abbie already refuted “poor” when she told us all she lived in a 1500 sq foot second floor of her parent’s home. It was also the smallest home she has ever lived in, per AH’s own words. In most 2 story homes, the bottom floor might be bigger than the top floor(s) and not VV, so her parent’s home was at a minimum, 3000 sq ft. Poor my ass.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

@SassyPants, I just found out that my house is about 1600 square feet, and the one I grew up in was about 900 when we first moved in. Squalor, I tell you!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Dear Abbie, you are encouraging your kids to grow up poor.  You may think they have everything, but they don't seem to have parents who value them as people.  Their value is based on what they can do for you, how they can further your agenda.  Tell me, what do they enjoy?  How do you invest in them, in ways that are meaningful to them?  How do you encourage their individuality?  Do you consider their feelings?  Do you pick up the subtle cues that mean discomfort or anxiety?  Oh, that's right, your mom and Ezra and Simon can do that.  You're too busy living in a fantasy world.

My home is small, but it has love, laughter, and is a place my kids can be themselves.  I'll take that over your cold, emotionless house any day.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

- she has made a point of posting about taking kids out for "mama dates" this past week. 

I cannot wait for the the habit of calling an outing with your kid a 'date' to die out. 

13 hours ago, justwatching said:

Will the twins be Running & Jumping?

Please do not give her ideas. 

13 hours ago, smittykins said:

And isn’t Honor usually a girl’s name?

It is a bit more unisex now, but traditionally and predominantly a girl's name. 

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder how her parents feel about her saying this. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think her eyebrows tend to look strange because they are mostly drawn on. Her brows are pretty thin from all the hair pulling and I think she draws them on wrong. They tend to look too high and severe. 

Didn't she have them microbladed like that? Or is she embellishing on top of the microblading? I agree- they're super severe.

• Upvote 1

Just now, therulesofjinx said:

Didn't she have them microbladed like that? Or is she embellishing on top of the microblading? I agree- they're super severe.

She shared a picture awhile back without any makeup and they looked very sparse. It was her being “real” about her hair pulling and how it had gotten worse lately. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I learned a new word recently, and I've been dying to use it. So, first use coming up: Braggie has logorrhoea (verbal diarrhoea!) (UK spellings...)

Edited by Zebedee
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I am not a fan of trendy names.  A kid’s name needs to stand the test of time.

What drives me NUTS is to take a rather ordinary name & add a bizarre way to pronounce it.   Names like Barbara, Jill, Linda, MacKenzie (with its myriad of ways to spell it), and Tiffany came & went.   

If she is so holy why not name the boys Matthew, Mark, Luke or John?  What about Joseph or Peter?  Moses is kinda cool & not run of the mill.  

Naw. Screw it.  Name one kid “Skate Board” and “Long Board.”  That will work.  I can guarantee that no other twins go by Skate & Long. 

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Haha 4

Abbie had both my first and middle names in her little circles...I'm 56 years old...neither name is particularly "hip" or "trendy". My children's names aren't either. Neither are the grandchildren's...

Abbie, give it up. You aren't special or unique or particularly "trendy". You're a selfish, attention seeking little brat. GROW UP!!!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

22 hours ago, justwatching said:

I don’t get Honor. It messes with me because it’s also a verb. Who names their kid a verb? Will the twins be Running & Jumping?

At least she can’t name the twins Honor and Obey. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Exchange Atheist said:

At least she can’t name the twins Honor and Obey. 

Unfortunately...Trust and Obey are both still open...

• WTF 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

Abbie must be watching Tucker Carlson lately.  She made her post about "cancel culture" the day Tucker Carlson announced his head writer resigned due to racist posts, one of which was written a few weeks ago I believe I read. I also read that many of his posts were similar to something Tucker Carlson covered during the show around the same time. His head writer said that anything Tucker reads of the teleprompter, he made a first draft of and that he no longer had to meet with Tucker daily to discuss what to cover since he already knew what Tucker would like.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic