IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

???

Braggie honey, what you're trying to say and what you're actually saying don't match.  Thanks for finally admitting that you love things of the world! ?

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

???

Braggie honey, what you're trying to say and what you're actually saying don't match.  Thanks for finally admitting that you love things of the world! ?

She thinks that because she can easily sell her stuff on FB, she isn’t that into “stuff.” But she’s actually proving that she is super into “stuff.” She can easily get rid of her stuff because she’s constantly replacing it with the newest and trendiest thing she saw on social media. That’s why she could sell her old house with everything in it. Then she gets to start completely new and go on a huge spending spree to fill up her new house.

I know this because my sister is exactly like this. But she will never ever pretend she isn’t into “stuff.” She knows she loves shopping and “stuff.” She doesn’t give off this fake humblebrag bullshit. She says she likes stuff and that’s that.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

AH has not a humble bone in her body. She is like many people on the planet, self- centered, egotistical, hyper-consumer driven, lazy and I’m sure quite petulant a good deal of the time. Doesn’t she realize that her authentic self is so apparent? She thinks that she can cover it all up with the Jesus speak and a pregnancy every 18 months, but it’s there for all to see. It will be interesting to see what her children are like as adults, and how AH will respond when can no longer use her uterus as a storyline.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 12

People like Braggie have zero self-awareness.  It’s hard to believe, but it’s true.  

My mother is a lot like Braggie (Entitled Christian martyr mom who should never had any kids + a husband who enabled her).  She wonders why she has no friends and why her children lose their shit when she compares mandatory mask wearing to Nazi Germany (in front of my Jewish BIL, no less).

• Upvote 11

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She can easily get rid of her stuff because she’s constantly replacing it with the newest and trendiest thing she saw on social media. That’s why she could sell her old house with everything in it. Then she gets to start completely new and go on a huge spending spree to fill up her new house.

Exactly.  When she says there is "nothing in my house I'd be devastated to lose", the underlying text is "because I'd just go shopping for a replacement for it pronto." It's all replaceable at the next Anthro sale.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Exactly.  When she says there is "nothing in my house I'd be devastated to lose", the underlying text is "because I'd just go shopping for a replacement for it pronto." It's all replaceable at the next Anthro sale.

Or next baby-

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Her pose in that photo with the girls is so awkward.  Is she sitting on the bed or standing?  Is her left leg raised to get the overall seam out of her crotch?  WTH are those two bleached spots on the front supposed to be?  Her hair looks like Cocker Spaniel ears.
ETA: I found where they are staying.  They have 10 acres and a ginormous house...but they're spending just shy of $400 a night, for some different scenery and the chance to bring home a deadly disease.  Un-fucking-real.

I thought the same thing about the wedgie. That’s exactly what it looks like!
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well that’s the biggest pile of bullshit I’ve seen in quite some time.

047771B9-99FD-4A66-ADBA-D3B595F0FF7B.jpeg

What a bunch of absolute bologna. Literally no one believes this except other vapid consumers who have somehow convinced themselves that their shopping habits somehow equate to virtue. 

I've talked about it before but my business before getting sick was in the luxury import sector, both food and housewares. We bought mostly tabletop and some home decor. There is a category of goods called perceived value, this is what Abbie buys. Anthropologie, Sur La Table, Williams Sonoma, and Gump's of SF, among others, were all clients our suppliers. The suppliers carry of-the-moment trends that are a little better than average but not exactly high quality. The retailers pay for a one year exclusive to carry the item before it becomes widely distributed. This way people like Abbie can feel special. The mark ups on the value perception category is insane. What we would sell for $20, a bigger name would sell for $60+. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, SuperNova said:

There is a category of goods called perceived value, this is what Abbie buys.

YES.  This is why she thinks she's so terribly clever for buying all her Anthropologie shit "on sale".  She's too wrapped up in the perceived value to realize that even the sale price is probably a huge markup.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Abbie took a break from introducing herself and introduced Shaun instead. She includes a high school accomplishment in her list of attributes. Is it normal for adults to randomly brag about high school? It just seems weird to me. There's no mention of what a great dad Shaun is to her passel of children. Abbie posted an accompanying picture of Shaun flexing his calf so we could all get an eyefull and be envious. His chicken leg isn't exactly passion inducing.

Screenshot_2020-07-10-11-13-18.thumb.png.4f1d6bbffc8fd9a51986ba77175c31c2.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

10 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie took a break from introducing herself and introduced Shaun instead. She includes a high school accomplishment in her list of attributes. Is it normal for adults to randomly brag about high school? It just seems weird to me. There's no mention of what a great dad Shaun is to her passel of children. Abbie posted an accompanying picture of Shaun flexing his calf so we could all get an eyefull and be envious. His chicken leg isn't exactly passion inducing.

Screenshot_2020-07-10-11-13-18.thumb.png.4f1d6bbffc8fd9a51986ba77175c31c2.png

This post gave me such contact embarrassment. Cringe AF. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This post gave me such contact embarrassment. Cringe AF. 

Oh good. I thought my cringe meter was ratcheted too high.

And for the record, a man had given me an engraved ring calling me his beloved after 2 weeks of dating, I'd run for the hills.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I want to add that this is also bullshit. 

Complete, total, absolute, and utter bs.  Also big ol' fat whopping lies. Lies.  BIG.  Lies.

Remember Braggie -- lying makes Baby Jesus cry.

Don't make Baby Jesus cry.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

Everything she writes makes my head spin. How would you describe her writing style? I personally hate it and feel my brain cells dying with every post I read. In addition to her written words, her voice and facial expressions are off-putting as well. I’m not even trying to dislike her. She is just “off.” I find myself becoming highly irritable when I read or watch her posts. 

When she was strolling through the boring camera museum with her kids, she sounded so disengaged and bored. She didn’t even try to match the spark of her kids excitement. And, she always has to point out a “flaw” in one of her kiddos. I just don’t get it!? Even her twin babies are a flaw. She claimed in a story that they are taking up too much space and she can’t bend over. She’s so ridiculous!

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I want to add that this is also bullshit. 

36165A68-1CA1-4B50-8E17-3B9675DB2C9D.jpeg

Ya, right! She needs followers for her book. This is ALL marketing. She even admitted to this! She may not be using Instagram like other influencers, but she certainly has an agenda. Spreading the gospel isn’t one of them. Nor is scrapbooking family memories. She uses her religion and fake-perfect-family image to bate vulnerable, ignorant, gullible women to follow her and eventually get money from them. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

25 minutes ago, Zommom said:

Everything she writes makes my head spin. How would you describe her writing style? I personally hate it and feel my brain cells dying with every post I read. In addition to her written words, her voice and facial expressions are off-putting as well. I’m not even trying to dislike her. She is just “off.” I find myself becoming highly irritable when I read or watch her posts. 

When she was strolling through the boring camera museum with her kids, she sounded so disengaged and bored. She didn’t even try to match the spark of her kids excitement. And, she always has to point out a “flaw” in one of her kiddos. I just don’t get it!? Even her twin babies are a flaw. She claimed in a story that they are taking up too much space and she can’t bend over. She’s so ridiculous!

Ya, right! She needs followers for her book. This is ALL marketing. She even admitted to this! She may not be using Instagram like other influencers, but she certainly has an agenda. Spreading the gospel isn’t one of them. Nor is scrapbooking family memories. She uses her religion and fake-perfect-family image to bate vulnerable, ignorant, gullible women to follow her and eventually get money from them. 

Her writing reminds me of my BFF. But my BFF isn’t a narcissist. She just used tons of description and flowery language. I’m the opposite. I’m pretty blunt and to the point. Maybe that’s why we are best friends. 

• Upvote 2

I really wonder about Braggie’s upbringing adding to her narcissism. I wonder if things would have been different if she had gone to public school and hadn’t grown up fundie. It was only Braggie and her brother. In large homeschooling families, you learn very quickly that you are just one in a litter of kids. But her mother likely devoted a ton of her time and energy just to Braggie and her brother. Braggie was likely the center of her mother’s universe for her entire childhood. Maybe that contributed to her self centered thinking. Of course this is all speculation. But it reminds me of another narcissistic homeschooled princess Lisa Metzger. She was homeschooled and only has one brother. Now she has 14 children and she’s even more self centered than Braggie. I’m starting to think Fundie Homeschooled Princess Syndrome is a thing. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Is it normal for adults to randomly brag about high school?  

Sure, Al Bundy did it all the time. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 18

A couple thoughts on the latest in Braggie news: 

1) Don't they also have lizards? What did they do with those, I worked in pet care for 5 years and owned bearded dragons in the past (I think she said they own a chameleon? or something) I know it can be hard to find someone to care for non cat and dog animals while you vacation under normal circumstances. I can't imagine trying to do it during a pandemic for anything short of "someone is dying and I have to leave to be with them" type reasons 

2) why are children under 10 exempt from masks. Why. Everyone over the age of 2 who can wear them should be wearing them. I live in Asia, we have a mask culture here for when the air is bad and when we're sick even if there isn't a pandemic, and yes that includes small children. Now I know some people genuinely can't wear them, but that's all the more reason that everyone over age 2 who can wear them should. I'm damn glad that gas station didn't let them in until they were masked. The thing about the mask people is, I see them get all pissy that businesses mandate they wear masks but they think it's okay for businesses to refuse to make cakes for gay people. 

3)who brags about high school once they're out of high school??? 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Zommom said:

She needs followers for her book. This is ALL marketing. She even admitted to this! She may not be using Instagram like other influencers, but she certainly has an agenda. Spreading the gospel isn’t one of them. Nor is scrapbooking family memories. She uses her religion and fake-perfect-family image to bate vulnerable, ignorant, gullible women to follow her and eventually get money from them. 

:clap:  B-I-N-G-FUCKING-O

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Zommom said:

How would you describe her writing style?

Where to begin....

rambling, overblown, flowery, verbal diarrhea, circuitous, pretentious, banal, cringe-inducing, juvenile, boring...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

who brags about high school once they're out of high school??? 

People who didn't go to college?  People who have nothing else to brag about?  People who think we're interested in every tiny detail of their lives?  People who are narcissists? People who don't realize how desperate it makes them look? People for whom high school is the high point of their lives?

My boss brags about his AA degree GPA 30+ years after the fact.  Big hint - not relevant, no one cares. Really. No. One. Cares. 

• Upvote 8

This is sad. Abbie doesn't like her pregnant body because she had/has an ED. She is a bundle of mental health disorders and gets zero help for them because she's deluded herself into thinking that prayer is enough. Someone in Abbie's life should encourage her to seek treatment from an actual therapist because jesus isn't the answer here. She claims to have weathered the storm but from where I'm sitting, her words clearly say that she's triggered by her growing belly.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-07-11-10-53-05.thumb.png.56f2dd589c8a7e981cc42baf16ef00ba.pngScreenshot_2020-07-11-10-53-13.thumb.png.42599f98bb18cfd7f62f3041161e9221.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

There is seemingly nothing about pregnancy, labor, delivery or child rearing that she enjoys. I wish someone, be it a therapist, counselor or trusted religious leader who would sit Abbie down and tell her that she does not have to keep getting pregnant, and bearing many children is not her key to the kingdom. It’s pathological at this point.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic