IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

This is sad. Abbie doesn't like her pregnant body because she had/has an ED. She is a bundle of mental health disorders and gets zero help for them because she's deluded herself into thinking that prayer is enough. This is one of the worst failures of religion. Someone in Abbie's life should encourage her to seek treatment from an actual therapist because jesus isn't enough. She claims to have weathered the storm but from where I'm sitting, her words clearly say that she's triggered by her growing belly.

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-07-11-10-53-05.thumb.png.56f2dd589c8a7e981cc42baf16ef00ba.pngScreenshot_2020-07-11-10-53-13.thumb.png.42599f98bb18cfd7f62f3041161e9221.png

What does she mean by "stronghold?" I have never heard that word used in this context.

She seriously needs therapy for so many different things in her life. If she wants to be a good role model for her daughters, then therapy would be a first huge step in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

I would guess she meant "issue" or "trigger," but yeah, it's a weird use of that word. She's clearly struggling here and not over any of this. I'd feel sorrier for her if she didn't do all the pregnancy-related things to herself and they didn't involve real children who will be hurt by her inability to confront her "strongholds."

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

High school achievements...umm...like I graduated 39 years ago...I'd much rather talk about the 3 great kids I was gifted with, the adorable grandchildren they gave me, how 93 degrees in Denver is not nearly as awful as 113 in Vegas. I wouldn't know my high school or college GPA if you held a gun to my head. It just doesn't register as important to me. Finding cat hair on my laptop depresses me a bit because I miss my felines. My amazing granddaughter who arrived from Mongolia last October and didn't speak a word of English then who is now totally fluent in English and can carry on conversations! Let's talk about her! Let's talk about gorgeous baby A who made grandma lose her shit in the Carter's outlet and blow 50 bucks on the most adorable baby hooded towels. How about going out today with the aforementioned granddaughter and having a blast with her? Those are all things I'd MUCH rather talk about than something I may or may not have done 40 years ago. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 14

"Stronghold", IME, is evangelical for thoughts and behaviors that don't line up with the Bible, and/or mental health issues that would be helped by a professional.  Braggie probably considers the body image thing and her trich and anger issues to be strongholds.   I would add her obvious shopping addiction and her need for constant pampering and praise to that list.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie doesn't like her pregnant body because she had/has an ED.

I must ask -- what's ED?

A stronghold is, for evangelicals, a place where satan has taken root, or become entrenched, causing them to sin over and over again in the same way. It's a frequent phrase in discussions of spiritual warfare. More treatment of mental health as a sin issue.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

32 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I must ask -- what's ED?

Eating disorder

• Upvote 2

Of course -- eating disorder.

I also think Braggie might have body dismorphia in that she sees herself as much larger than she is.  Thus her focus on being sooo huge with this pregnancy. Plus her obsession with losing weight quickly after giving birth and her obsessive mania with exercising. 

She hates everything about pregnancy, birth, and mothering, yet she does it over and over. It's as if she's punishing herself by continuously doing the thing she hates the most. Why?  I've no idea and neither does Braggie. Because getting mental health help is not Jesus-y to her. And she will never, ever, admit she needs professional help.

Braggie is so open about hating pregnancy, birth, mothering, not being maternal, and not liking children.  Does her mother read her blog/ insta?  Does Shaun?  Don't they comprehend what is so, so obvious? Why oh why are they enabling her to keep having children she doesn't want?  Braggie has off loaded parenting to her mother and her 3 oldest children because she doesn't want to be a parent. Can't Shaun and her mother see how unfair and destructive this is to the children? Those children don't have childhoods because their time is spent being Sibling Parents - which is soooo not their job. 

The internet is forever and one day in the not too distant future those children will read what she wrote about them.  They'll read every time she pointed out some non-existent flaw. And they will know from Braggie's own words that their mother hated every moment of bringing them into the world and that she really never ever wanted to be a mother to anyone at all.

I hope all of Braggie's children break away from her and can have normal lives -- with professional help if they want it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

On 7/12/2020 at 12:59 AM, SassyPants said:

There is seemingly nothing about pregnancy, labor, delivery or child rearing that she enjoys. I wish someone, be it a therapist, counselor or trusted religious leader who would sit Abbie down and tell her that she does not have to keep getting pregnant, and bearing many children is not her key to the kingdom. It’s pathological at this point.

If they're her ticket to heaven they have at least some reason to exist that benefits her.  If not, they'd be just an annoyance and even more of an annoyance.

• Upvote 2

I love kids, but with my disabilities I know that I’d never be able to handle being a parent full time. So instead, I’m the Best Aunt Ever. I do things like homemade play dough, art, beach trips, playground trips, and children’s museum trips (pre-pandemic, of course.) I give the best presents at birthdays and Christmas. I dress the kids up in adorable outfits and take their pictures. And at the end of the day, I *give them back* because I’ve no desire to get up in the middle of the night with a crying kid, or think about 21 somewhat-healthy meals a week plus snacks, or decide on in person versus virtual schooling. (SO glad I don’t have that decision!) It’s great. When the niblings are older, I hope to do a sleepover or two, but we’ll see.

Braggie was never given that choice. She never realized that she could have kids in her life without giving birth to them. I think she’d do great as a teacher in a regular school, or running a children’s religious education program, or being a professional decorator for children’s spaces. I would trust her to care for children, just not full time. She clearly doesn’t care that much about her current kids aside from their being props in photos. I hate how fundamentalism limits women, and men, in this way. They have only one path and if they don’t like it, too darn bad, you’re stuck with a dozen sticky handed diaper-wearing wake-up-at-nights for 18-30 years.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 10

Today we are treated to a shot of Braggie working out in the woods and her informing us she hasn't washed her hair during the vacation. 

?

• Disgust 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

3 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Today we are treated to a shot of Braggie working out in the woods and her informing us she hasn't washed her hair during the vacation. 

?

I don’t understand why she doesn’t wash her hair on vacation. Just bring your shampoo and conditioner and any other hair products needed. They are obviously in a place with a decent place to shower. It’s not like she’s camping. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Plus, no one is saying you have to wash your hair everyday. However, in most places in July, washing hair should still happen at couple of times a week.  July is hot, Abbie. You need to wash your hair. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Uh, has she ever heard of dry shampoo? 

Is not washing her hair a new personality trait?

ETA: If I can wash my hair in the field with the Army, squatting behind a parked tactical vehicle (fully clothed) with just a bucket of water, I think Braggie can manage it with an actual shower. ?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 9

She has a strange interest in telling us all how rarely she washes her hair.  I don’t understand if she thinks this makes her more relatable? Or more holy somehow? Or does she think it proves she’s a good mother because she doesn’t even have time to bathe? Aside from occasional product endorsements, most influencers are not running around talking about the frequency of their hair washing. 

• Upvote 10

I think she thinks that she’s being “relatable” because moms are just so overworked sometimes that they can’t shower ? I have her hair texture and go several days without showering but that’s because my hair is thin and my skin is dry so not showering allows them to not get more dried out than they already are. I can’t imagine having that thick of hair and sweating and it not smelling musty after a few days. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

?

If I read it correctly (her writing sucks), she is actually saying she likes her dirty, grubby hair and wishes her just-shampooed-date night hair looked like this. She is gross, regardless. And completely UNRELATABLE. I have kids and wash my hair on the regular, and have never considered skipping a shampoo because my of my curls. Maybe I skip a day or two. But, that’s very rare. She obviously showers daily, but not washing her hair for 5+ days is a trend she picked up someplace. And she likes to brag about it. It’s definitely weird and an obsession. It certainly isn’t normal. 

• Upvote 5

It seems to me like going shampoo free is a bit of a trend. But of course it doesn't necessarily mean that you never wash your hair at all, just wash using something different. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I only wash my hair every 3-5 days, even in the summer. I find it to be a chore (my individual strands of hair are thin but I have A LOT of them and it takes forever to dry). I also found that the health of my hair improved when I started washing less (I used to wash/dry/straighten it daily). But, I don't post pictures about it and I don't feel like it makes me superior to anyone AT ALL. It works for me, my hair, and my scalp- no one else needs to know my hair saga. I do use dry shampoo if it starts looking greasy, but my scalp has adjusted over time to be used to not getting washed daily. AND I am also not opposed to washing it more frequently if it gets dirty, smelly, super sweaty, etc. I also don't exercise as often/as rigorously as Abbie does and I don't live in Texas heat/humidity (although we've been having a heat wave where I am in the northeast US and it has SUCKED. Summer is my least favorite season).  Washing once per week or whatever it is that she does with her lifestyle does seem gross to me. 

• Upvote 9

I have longish, thickish curly hair-- not quite as much as Braggie's but I still have a lot of it. I also live in Texas and exercise daily, so I wash this mess every day. Unless I'm really sick, which thankfully hasn't happened in months.

Quit being gross, Abbie.

• Upvote 11

Abbie has the strangest optics. I can understand finding similarities between the bible and current events but likening the bible to social media cancel culture is beyond idiotic. 

"Philippians was written in an era of ultimate “cancel culture.” If the Romans didn’t like something you said/did, they didn’t take away your FB account. They crucified you or sent you to the coliseum."

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, PopRox said:

I have longish, thickish curly hair-- not quite as much as Braggie's but I still have a lot of it. I also live in Texas and exercise daily, so I wash this mess every day. Unless I'm really sick, which thankfully hasn't happened in months.

Quit being gross, Abbie.

What will she say us with her hairwashing routine while the rest of her seems well washed and groomed?

I have the same hair, thick and curly, just chin lenght. In the summer I wash it 3 times a week, the rest of the year 2 times. Washing, combing and grooming takes 5 minutes, since I don't use a blow dryer. If she has the time to shower daily, washing her hair doesn't take more time than the rest of the shower.

• Upvote 3

I wash my hair daily, especially in the summer. In the winter I sometimes wash it every other day, depending on wether or not I have to go somewhere that day.
I sweat a lot, and I sweat a lot on my scalp. I also excersize daily. After a work-out routine, my hair looks and feels like I have just taken a shower. It's completely drenched in sweat because my scalp gets super sweaty. Therefore, I wash it everyday. In the winter, on days that I don't wash it but do excersize, I still rinse it with water because of the sweat that gets in my hair.

I have long hair (breast length), so if I would have to blow-dry my hair after every wash, dat would take up more time. On warm spring days, on rainy days, and during the summer, I don't blow dry my hair. I just wear it up and it's dry at the end of the day. (From March onward it's too warm for me to wear my hair down, so I just always wear it up, until the end of November, when it's usually cold enough for me to be able to wear my hair down again). During the winter I do blow dry it when I have to leave the house. If I stay in I just let it air dry.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Abbie has joined up with some other Instagram moms to give away 2 $350 Target gift cards....this confuses me. She does not shop at Target, or at least she didn't for awhile after they announced their bathroom policy. Is she trying to fit in with the other moms? Or has she decided to shop at Target again, even though she doesn't agree with their policies, simply because she realized that it's convenient for her? 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic