IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

31 weeks with identical twins and her OB is ok with her going ANYwhere?  Even ignoring the pandemic situation. If she's even telling her OB or seeing them regularly, that is. I wouldn't put it past her to lie through her teeth just so long as she isn't inconvenienced. She is infuriating. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

31 weeks with identical twins and her OB is ok with her going ANYwhere?  Even ignoring the pandemic situation. If she's even telling her OB or seeing them regularly, that is. I wouldn't put it past her to lie through her teeth just so long as she isn't inconvenienced. She is infuriating. 

I'm assuming she's not telling them. Pretty much every ob would be telling her to stay put right now. Also I hope her medical insurance is good, because ICU stays aren't cheap, and if she suddenly finds they need either a NICU, PICU or ICU bed, well...  It's going to be costly. Especially if it's more than one.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Good point about the insurance. With such a large family, a history of home births and being anti-vax,  I wonder if they have a  Scamaritan type insurance? Even with a company plan, health insurance and associated fees would be costly.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Good point about the insurance. With such a large family, a history of home births and being anti-vax,  I wonder if they have a  Scamaritan type insurance? Even with a company plan, health insurance and associated fees would be costly.

Don’t worry. All she has to do is stop shopping constantly and stop going on vacations every few weeks and they will have enough money to cover it. *huge eyeroll*

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Big families tend to make out like bandits on company sponsored health insurance. Often, you pay for a family plan and it doesn't matter that I have two kids and you have ten, we pay the same. I've seen some plans change it around recently, and you pay extra for each additional person beyond the employee, but capped out at paying for 5 people max. So you pay more for your spouse, for kid 1, kid 2, and kid 3, but then you can be like Abbey and have an additional 7 children without paying more. 

Edited by katilac
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, katilac said:

Big families tend to make out like bandits on company sponsored health insurance. Often, you pay for a family plan and it doesn't matter that I have two kids and you have ten, we pay the same. I've seen some plans change it around recently, and you pay extra for each additional person beyond the employee, but capped out at paying for 5 people max. So you pay more for your spouse, for kid 1, kid 2, and kid 3, but then you can be like Abbey and have an additional 7 children without paying more. 

I am guessing they have insurance through her husband’s employer.  

• Upvote 2

I mean come ON guys, every hospital everywhere is totally ready for a over-35 grand multipara with seven other kids who will need care, right?
It’s not like Florida (or Colorado or Texas or other states) hospitals are BUSY. Everybody has allllll the time in the world for Anthropologie Abbie to stroll in and say “I’m having twins before 38 weeks, such a surprise!” I’m sure the medical staff has nothing better to do than help your dumb ass because you’re too self centered, deluded, selfish and awful to just STAY HOME.
I’m trying to wrap my mind around this and I just can’t. Even in normal times, pre-pandemic, you wouldn’t have someone like her wandering around in another state at this stage of pregnancy.
Colorado was bad enough. Now she’s just doing something stupid and dangerous that could kill her, the twins, everybody in the family, her mom, and literally everybody they come into contact with.
I have an ex with colon cancer who’s going in every two weeks for chemo and it’s like being on another planet, according to him. Can’t touch anything. Can’t bring anyone. And he’s got to do this to stay alive.
Imagine the stupid damn self-centered selfish self-deluded cluelessness it takes to go from one virus hot spot, to another, to ANOTHER, with your entire 10 person family, in your last trimester of a twin pregnancy, and then say f-ing TUMERIC is going to help you.
It’s not. I hope nobody dies from this dumbass stunt.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

Hrrrgh. Newest post: they've arrived at their beach holiday destination. What does Abbie do? She gently reminds us that her  "good daddy"brother and "sweet sis-in-law" only provided 4 of the 14 children on this trip (I guess she is counting the ones she's pregnant with?). And she only has the one brother, but yet there are 20 people there! Her mother apparently shopped and meal prepped for weeks to provide them with a full pantry upon arrival. If only that would mean that they go out to eat less, but this is Abbie, so...

• Disgust 6
  • WTF 7

Braggie's life would look very, VERY different without her mother in the picture.  She's the fourth parent (Ezra is the third). 

ETA: her parents and her brother are just as selfish and foolish for taking a vacation to FL during a pandemic.  Shame on all of them.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 14

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie's life would look very, VERY different without her mother in the picture.  She's the fourth parent (Ezra is the third). 

ETA: her parents and her brother are just as selfish and foolish for taking a vacation to FL during a pandemic.  Shame on all of them.

I shame her mother for supporting her selfish and horrible daughter in her constant poor choices. The only reason why Braggie keeps having kid after kid is because she knows she has a fourth parent in her mother. It disgusts me. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

11 hours ago, katilac said:

An IFB pastor in my area and his wife have nine children.  He had a “real” job during the week in Syracuse(I assume he’s retired now)and she told me that they needed it for the health insurance alone.

• Upvote 4

12 hour drive with 8 kids, pregnant with twins, in her third trimester sounds like a nightmare. I’d say this is HARD and BAD, Abbie. I also hate that she included her unborn twins in the head count. It’s so extra. There are only 18 people in that home. One is hugely pregnant and stupid, though.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I wonder if she feels smug and proud of having way more kids than her brother. I bet their relationship isn’t as great as she makes it seem. I would be at least annoyed with a sibling like Abbie. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if she feels smug and proud of having way more kids than her brother. I bet their relationship isn’t as great as she makes it seem. I would be at least annoyed with a sibling like Abbie. 

I do not wonder... I'm sure she feels superior! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I shame her mother for supporting her selfish and horrible daughter in her constant poor choices. The only reason why Braggie keeps having kid after kid is because she knows she has a fourth parent in her mother. It disgusts me. 

Abby is so delusional that if her mom walked away, she'd probably keep on having kids because "God will help her." But it wouldn't be pretty.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

His parents also help by taking a group of kids off their hands from time to time. I think they live a bit further away, so it involves a longer stay for the kids. Abbie’s mother is definitely a day in, day out helper enabler.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Sunday morning bible reading, on vacay in Florida. Grandpa is my mood 100%

I wouldn’t be there in a pandemic but if I was I would be off somewhere away from that chaos.

31698C15-6F52-4893-A826-761ED1B379FA.thumb.png.df45a61fea9e638ea3348c79e828d412.png

• Haha 11

3 hours ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Sunday morning bible reading, on vacay in Florida. Grandpa is my mood 100%

I wouldn’t be there in a pandemic but if I was I would be off somewhere away from that chaos.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e631698C15-6F52-4893-A826-761ED1B379FA.thumb.png.df45a61fea9e638ea3348c79e828d412.png

If Braggie was my child, that would be my mood 24/7. That woman is exhausting. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Braggie was my child, that would be my mood 24/7. That woman is exhausting. 

No doubt. I think that’s why her mother, Shaun, and now her oldest children placate her all the time.  Taking a stand isn’t worth the fallout of non-compliance. Indulging her and staying on her good side is a survival tactic.

• Upvote 12

On 8/8/2020 at 8:24 AM, SassyPants said:

Would Covid be considered a valid medical concern for Scamaritan, though? If the fundie discourse is that Covid is a hoax, would Scamaritan (or a similar "service") decline to cover their hospital bills? 

I know I read an article about these scams refusing to cover treatment for anything that could be linked to "sin" or "not having faith", like mental health treatment or GYN care that isn't another baybeeee.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

She said in her stories the other day that Ezra went to a swim party for his new co-op.  Apparently, her friends are as batshit crazy as she is.  Who the fuck holds a SWIM PARTY for teens when a highly infectious disease is on the rampage?

So he could have picked it up, and could now be spreading it to the entire family on their needless vacation. 

To be clear, I do not wish pain on anyone...but I really wonder how she and Shaun would react if someone in their family became seriously ill or god forbid, died from their careless actions.  They'd probably prattle on about "god's will" and that it had nothing to do with them.  GAH these non-covid precaution people just chap my hide.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

She got a spray tan.  

To be seen by no one but her own family (or so she said when she insisted they would only be in their rental and on the beach).  Ticket for the clue bus, Braggie - if you don't want Instagram to see your whiteness and your varicose veins, DON'T TAKE FUCKING PICTURES OF THEM AND POST THEM.  

Vanity, thy name is Abbie.

P.S. Grandpa walks through the frame in the stories this morning and he still looks SO OVER IT.  Ten bucks says he wishes he'd gotten to stay home and sit in a recliner in peace and quiet.

• Upvote 11

19 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She got a spray tan.  

To be seen by no one but her own family (or so she said when she insisted they would only be in their rental and on the beach).  Ticket for the clue bus, Braggie - if you don't want Instagram to see your whiteness and your varicose veins, DON'T TAKE FUCKING PICTURES OF THEM AND POST THEM.  

Vanity, thy name is Abbie.

P.S. Grandpa walks through the frame in the stories this morning and he still looks SO OVER IT.  Ten bucks says he wishes he'd gotten to stay home and sit in a recliner in peace and quiet.

In the past, Abbie has mentioned that she and her dad have a strained relationship. Riding the speculation bus, I’d bet it has something to do with all the kids and how Abbie takes advantage of her mom. I sincerely hope that Abbie and her SIL also prepared some of the meals or bought/brought items to share too. Her mother is not a maid. 

I doubt many grandparents would make comments about family size if parents were beautifully and successfully handling all that comes with having an extraordinarily sized family. I think people are more inclined to say something when they see others struggling or when there are apparent problems.

I don’t think it’s rude to suggest to adult offspring that these are your kids and you have to find a way to care for them. We can help, but we can’t parent them, that’s your job. And if it’s too much for you to do, maybe that’s your sign that you have enough children.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In the past, Abbie has mentioned that she and her dad have a strained relationship. Riding the speculation bus, I’d bet it has something to do with all the kids and how Abbie takes advantage of her mom.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd also speculate that mom has been enabling and coddling Princess Abbie her whole life and dad is probably pretty tired of it.

Could not agree more with your last paragraph.  If I am lucky enough to have grandchildren, I will adore spending time with them and spoiling them.  I would want them to have the same happy memories I did of spending a blissful week each summer at each grandparents' home and visits on holidays.  My parents also gave that to my kids.  But barring death or disability, I will not be providing daycare or homeschooling.  I did my time on that front, for four kids, and I'm not interested in doing it again.  I am a person with a life and interests and hobbies of my own, and am also looking forward to spending uninterrupted time with my husband whenever he's able to retire.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic