IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 39: Practicing Social Distancing by.... Having Family Night

HerNameIsBuffy

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think the Duggars just need to go to a birthday month plan. 1 day set aside each month to celebrate those with birthdays in that month. Jana would still have to keep a list of everyone’s birthday and send out reminders. It would be very easy. Since they all meet every Monday night, they could dedicate the first Monday of the month to Birthdays, or the first day of every month? It’s not as if they need to worry about anyone’s work schedule, sports calendar, school events, friends...

I still want to know how the married kids fit in time with their in-laws and if they have to run in-law events by the Duggar calendar first. *That* would be interesting television.

• Upvote 8

Well, Meech forgot Mackynzie's birthday. Even on Anna's post, Jana and one other were the only ones to wish the girl a happy birthday. And she's their FIRST grandkid!

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 12

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Family camp 

DFEFB395-944C-4706-A2AF-4FD3C6D061E5.jpeg

If the van is a rockin don’t come a knockin... 

• Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 23

Johannah turned 15. Only three years till the next Duggar-daughter wedding, guys! (That may be one of the most depressing sentences I've ever typed.)

On a lighter note, I think she looks like Joy's twin in this photo.

Screenshot_20201011-132844.png.dc0383f82ae54a68f46e34983cc8cd10.png

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

23 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

If the van is a rockin don’t come a knockin... 

This photo is scandalous!! I'm defrauded.

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, indianabones said:

Johannah turned 15. Only three years till the next Duggar-daughter wedding, guys! (That may be one of the most depressing sentences I've ever typed.)

On a lighter note, I think she looks like Joy's twin in this photo.

Screenshot_20201011-132844.png.dc0383f82ae54a68f46e34983cc8cd10.png

Hannie is one of the most “combined” of all the sisters. I see joy (face shape) jinger (something about the eyes) Jana in colouring. On a total superficial note, she is totally shaping up to be the prettiest duggar sister imo. The duggars do make attractive girls though.

pity all she will do is make some one a pretty wife one day. Joy was basically with Austin at 17. We could see Hannie “with” someone as early as next year.... I feel like I need to be in Gaol just writing that. It’s so wrong. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

Sad to think that we will see her with some guy that will almost surely become her husband in a couple of years span. Somehow I was surprised she is already 15, I was still convinced she was like 12. Now with Justin courting at 17 almost 18, I fear we could see official relationships at that age for the girls also, even just the courtship phase. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2

@ophelia I agree plus it will also have the bonus to keep them more dependent form JB support and so more likely in the cult. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4

On 10/9/2020 at 4:41 PM, Idlewild said:

Apart from Jinger’s baby, Kendra’s gender reveal etc  and whathisname’s courtship/engagement, what is there to look forward to in the next series? 

I'm sooo curious about JoKen's gender reveal. Will it take place on Addy's first bithday? And will #4's gender reveal take place on #3's first birthday and so on? And when will they have to stop that tradition? Will #X be sad because there will be no gender to reveal on his/her birthday? So exciting!

...not.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

No, sadly I don't see any other Duggar daughter making it to 25 and still single if JB can help it.  Jana is a special case because she is both so devoted as a sister mom and so steeped in Kool-aid, period. 

• Upvote 14

8 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

@ophelia I agree plus it will also have the bonus to keep them more dependent form JB support and so more likely in the cult. 

If JB is smart or shrewd, he'll marry the girls off with men/guys who have some way of supporting them. I think JB has to realize he can't support almost all of his children and their hundreds of grandchildren and the millions of descendants to come. I'd  surprised if there were more Ben Seewald-type sons-in-law. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If JB is smart or shrewd, he'll marry the girls off with men/guys who have some way of supporting them. I think JB has to realize he can't support almost all of his children and their hundreds of grandchildren and the millions of descendants to come. I'd  surprised if there were more Ben Seewald-type sons-in-law. 

I think JB self identified with Ben Seewald and that association, in addition to the fact that he likely saw Jessa as a loose cannon and the sooner she was matched the better, played heavily into him accepting the teenager Ben into the fold. I also think JB’s competitive, controlling nature has prevented him from attracting more educated, skilled, middle of the road type people, especially males, as potential mates for his offspring.

• Upvote 8

55 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think JB self identified with Ben Seewald and that association, in addition to the fact that he likely saw Jessa as a loose cannon and the sooner she was matched the better, played heavily into him accepting the teenager Ben into the fold. I also think JB’s competitive, controlling nature has prevented him from attracting more educated, skilled, middle of the road type people, especially males, as potential mates for his offspring.

Ben and his family found the Duggars and Jessa agreed to court Ben. If you watched the show, JB was not thrilled with that match as he has been with the others. 

I would say all of the sons-in-law are more educated and skilled. I side-eye Austin, but he has flipped a bunch of houses. His other two sons-in-law are college-educated and in grad school. By the time Hannie is married, he will have at least 2 more daughters in law and probably a dozen more grandchildren. The increasing numbers may force him to find more prosperous sons-in-law.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

By the time Hannie is married, he will have at least 2 more daughters in law and probably a dozen more grandchildren. The increasing numbers may force him to find more prosperous sons-in-law.

Just infuriates me and breaks my heart that the only thing those girls have to look forward to - until and unless they break away - is spreading their legs for Jesus.  That is a good part of life for many of us, but sure isn't the only part.   

• Upvote 5

On 10/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, Bobology said:

Extra time today eventually led me to Arkansas voter registrants. It appears Kendra's parents, Paul and Christina Caldwell, live adjacent to (behind) or on the same property as the esteemed Champion Motors. I didn't know in which thread to post this earth-shattering revelation. The satellite imagery is from '18 and the autos for sale are parked on grass, like we've talked about here. 

Do we even know if that 'business' is still in operation and, if so, which Duggars operate it? Is that the same business that had the investigation last year or whenever that was? And even more strange, while Kendra's mom has a voter registration I was unable to find one for her dad. And the strangest of all, a lot of the Duggars are listed as "Optional Party." I don't know what that is.

Jed! Has the business linked to his fb profile. It appears to be the business ownership experience his campaign mentions. The business page is about the sort of halfassed duggary you’d expect and there’s an amusing review or two but they do indeed manage to post vehicles for sale on fb marketplace.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I think Jim Bob is going to be much more interested in getting sons-in-law who are solidly in the cult than ones with good income prospects. He’d probably rather have all his descendants going barefoot and living on instant ramen than risk another Derick Dillard. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 16

On 10/9/2020 at 3:41 PM, Idlewild said:

Apart from Jinger’s baby, Kendra’s gender reveal etc  and whathisname’s courtship/engagement, what is there to look forward to in the next series? 

I won't be surprised if Kendra and Christina have a joint sex reveal. I'm betting on at least one currently unannounced pregnancy being part of the next season too but it will probably continue to be focused on covid and TLC pretending that the Duggars are following guidelines.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

I think we will see more husbands like Austin - Fully steeped in the Kool-Aid, happy to go along with the TV show, but also able to pay his own bills.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

48 minutes ago, mpheels said:

I think we will see more husbands like Austin - Fully steeped in the Kool-Aid, happy to go along with the TV show, but also able to pay his own bills.

Austin is actually a good case in point re the tension that exists between GYM and The JB Show. At some point they all want to do things their way. I don't think Austin was ever that into the show, Joy clearly wasn't. It's telling that for both the daughters that have left the show - Jill and Joy - it seemed to happen after traumatic births, Sam's and Annabell's. They married GYMs, they started their quivers, they did everything right but they still got to this point where they realised that they wanted to literally control their own narratives. That they'd rather tell their own stories than let TLC do it, and that their profile is high enough for them to be able to monetise their SM and go it alone.

The Forsyths have at least left on good terms. But it's still a chunk out of JB's empire, as in he's got one fewer child producing content for him, and the more girls in particular that marry will just keep chipping away at that. The show can't last, surely. He can't have a house full of Janas, that would be expensive and courtship/babies is the only interesting thing on the show. He can't marry his kids to fame whores bc there'd be a gigantic ego battle and they wouldn't need him for exposure anyway. He can't seek out the fundie world's dumbest, most sheltered and craven lackeys (even though there are four Rodrigues sons so that would be perfect) because they will be utterly incapable of providing for his girls, and plus the optics of fundie royalty marrying those guys is just DESPERATE. And as we've seen, promising GYMs expect to leave and cleave, make their own living, be a headship.

As far as Counting On is concerned, every kid is now a flight risk, even without leaving the cult in any way. Even Jessa makes money from her own content. JB was never more in control than during the first TV special when his children were all under one roof and not of an age or an inclination to defy him or get up to stuff he didn't like. Plus the internet was nothing like it is now. He will never get that back. The best days of your life and you didn't even know, eh JB?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

@AprilQuilt you state that they left like it’s a fact. They still appeared on the show this past season and did some talking heads. They may not be on as much but I would hardly say they  left. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Yeah, a lot of people are taking Dillwank’s statement about Joystin leaving the show as gospel. However, there’s no evidence of this (yet). He could be talking out of his ass...not the first time that’s happened...

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

JB would probably love spouses like John Webster for his girls: steeped in the kool-aid and with a political family in the backround. And John seems to be able to support his family so a guy like him wouldn't rely on JB financially.

• Upvote 8

@justmy2cents ah I didn't realise that information only came from the Dillards. I understood they were stepping back from the show but still doing bits and pieces for it.

To be honest, circumstantially it really looks like they are moving on, making their social media more cohesive and 'branded' with their 4site handle and starting their youtube channel more or less at the point where TLC leaves off - Joy's pregnancy with Evy-Mae. I assume there won't be an Evy-Mae birth special as they've already put all that up there themselves, and there didn't seem to be any other cameras in the room. But either way my point stands - I believe they are trying to reclaim the narrative. The difference in their demeanour in videos they've made themselves vs TLC is vast. It seems they aren't uncomfortable with sharing/being filmed per se, it's just that for whatever reason they prefer their way to TLC.

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic