IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 39: Practicing Social Distancing by.... Having Family Night

HerNameIsBuffy

I do think JB would use lots of his money to keep control. Using money as in mostly or completely funding the building of future homes for gen 2 on his compound. Having any or all of his children live there was always his goal. And using his money to "pay" his children, their spouses, eventually the grandkids to "work" in some capacity for his organizations is another way that he can buy control.

Jana's former JTTH roommate's tales sound interesting, but I almost doubt she would have learned her info from Jana. I think it more likely to be either through her own youthful (at the time) observations, experiences, and conjectures of JB and the family or gossip hearsay from others connected. But you know, if Jana felt very safe and her roommate was talking about how her own family operates... Jana *maybe* would participate in that. Whichever way, I'd be curious what the former roommate had to say.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Jim Bob seems to value keeping control and money, but I wonder which is priority #1? If gen 2 mostly stay part of The Family and have lots more lil' Duggars that will be very expensive for JB. As much as a payout to Jill would have pissed him off, I wonder if he'll be less controlling in 5 or 10 years time when the budget is more stretched. If most of the second gen families end up with 10+ children and need homes, vehicles and food budgets to accommodate them, maybe JB will let some of the younger kids slip through his fingers?

I don't think JB will let anyone slip through his fingers. If someone is out from under his thumb, I doubt it's because of his choosing. JB loves his money, yes, but they don't marry young and have a ton of kids because it's fun. This is their religion, this is their life calling and I think they take it very seriously. I think we will see the luxury dwindle before we see the younger kids escaping. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bobology said:

I do think JB would use lots of his money to keep control. Using money as in mostly or completely funding the building of future homes for gen 2 on his compound. Having any or all of his children live there was always his goal. And using his money to "pay" his children, their spouses, eventually the grandkids to "work" in some capacity for his organizations is another way that he can buy control.

Jana's former JTTH roommate's tales sound interesting, but I almost doubt she would have learned her info from Jana. I think it more likely to be either through her own youthful (at the time) observations, experiences, and conjectures of JB and the family or gossip hearsay from others connected. But you know, if Jana felt very safe and her roommate was talking about how her own family operates... Jana *maybe* would participate in that. Whichever way, I'd be curious what the former roommate had to say.

She didn’t claim the information came from Jana. She was raised in IBLP for a time, so it was her observations. She claims Jana was relatively quiet and kind, and implied she  was at JTTH for some kind of punishment, but declined to state her understanding or guess as to what Jana’s transgression was. 

The group is called Tater Tot Casserole is God BTW, since no one has told me I can’t share it. Mods, I hope I haven’t sinned against FJ. I’ve almost left a number of times because a lot of members have a kind of shallow understanding of fundamentalism and it kind of annoys me, but this was interesting so I’m glad I stuck around.

Edited by OrchidBlossom
  • Upvote 7

Has anyone seen the story of the house on the YouTube channel called Kyeluh? The home is located in Siloam Springs, AR and they were (apparently) sold the home when the owner knew the home flooded everytime it rains?

• WTF 1

46 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Has anyone seen the story of the house on the YouTube channel called Kyeluh? The home is located in Siloam Springs, AR and they were (apparently) sold the home when the owner knew the home flooded everytime it rains?

Did they buy it from a Duggar? ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

@indianabones that's what.I was wondering. Shady real estate deals seems to be common in AR.

I believe there is no law in Arkansas saying that landlords have to make sure the house is livable. Not sure if there is a difference in it between selling/renting, but AFAIK apartment complexes and such don’t have to guarantee stuff like water, electricity, no pests, no mold, etc. It’s messed up. 

Edited by Marionette
  • WTF 5

On 10/4/2020 at 11:22 PM, baldricks_turnip said:

Jim Bob seems to value keeping control and money, but I wonder which is priority #1? If gen 2 mostly stay part of The Family and have lots more lil' Duggars that will be very expensive for JB. As much as a payout to Jill would have pissed him off, I wonder if he'll be less controlling in 5 or 10 years time when the budget is more stretched. If most of the second gen families end up with 10+ children and need homes, vehicles and food budgets to accommodate them, maybe JB will let some of the younger kids slip through his fingers?

I remember in the early days he was gloating about how he and Jchelle would have 20 and if each of them had 20 there would be 400 Duggerlings running around, which he seemed to have as a goal. So I don't think it's just $ that motivates him--he wants to be patriarch of a dynasty. And if some of them have to live in a warehouse, well, that's the price of doing the Lord's work.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

The Duggar Fam Instagram page shared a video of JB getting his hair cut by Jordyn. Lots of humper comments about what a great dad he is.. yeah if great dads fail to protect their daughters from sexual assault, exploit their kids for fame/money etc etc... ?

Edited by Alysabeth
Damn autocorrect
  • Upvote 12

Extra time today eventually led me to Arkansas voter registrants. It appears Kendra's parents, Paul and Christina Caldwell, live adjacent to (behind) or on the same property as the esteemed Champion Motors. I didn't know in which thread to post this earth-shattering revelation. The satellite imagery is from '18 and the autos for sale are parked on grass, like we've talked about here. 

Do we even know if that 'business' is still in operation and, if so, which Duggars operate it? Is that the same business that had the investigation last year or whenever that was? And even more strange, while Kendra's mom has a voter registration I was unable to find one for her dad. And the strangest of all, a lot of the Duggars are listed as "Optional Party." I don't know what that is.

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Extra time today eventually led me to Arkansas voter registrants. It appears Kendra's parents, Paul and Christina Caldwell, live adjacent to (behind) or on the same property as the esteemed Champion Motors. I didn't know in which thread to post this earth-shattering revelation. The satellite imagery is from '18 and the autos for sale are parked on grass, like we've talked about here. 

Do we even know if that 'business' is still in operation and, if so, which Duggars operate it? Is that the same business that had the investigation last year or whenever that was? And even more strange, while Kendra's mom has a voter registration I was unable to find one for her dad. And the strangest of all, a lot of the Duggars are listed as "Optional Party." I don't know what that is.

Party of daddy sitting on the couch filling out everyone’s ballot.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 12

I was thinking about Duggars and birthdays, and I thought "wow it has to be difficult to just remember each Bday/anniversary and so with how many they are, they would need one of those bday calendars in which you put a charm under a month/day with the name of the person to help remember them all" then I tough hey could someday be so many Duggar that there is something every day? Between all the kids and the married family that we know will have more kids and Justin that is going to get married soon and start reproducing we could aim at that day in just a few years. like how many Duggars there will be even just 8 years from now when likely the younger original Duggar will get married and start having babies? I scared myself ?? I will go hiding in the prayer closet now with some chocolate ? 

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I was thinking about Duggars and birthdays, and I thought "wow it has to be difficult to just remember each Bday/anniversary and so with how many they are, they would need one of those bday calendars in which you put a charm under a month/day with the name of the person to help remember them all" then I tough hey could someday be so many Duggar that there is something every day? Between all the kids and the married family that we know will have more kids and Justin that is going to get married soon and start reproducing we could aim at that day in just a few years. like how many Duggars there will be even just 8 years from now when likely the younger original Duggar will get married and start having babies? I scared myself ?? I will go hiding in the prayer closet now with some chocolate ? 

There's a tumblr that does a statistical analysis of the Duggars et al. and they're predicting as of 2020 that the Duggars will end up with 202 grandchildren.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

42 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I totally read this as 

They are predicting that the Duggars will end up with 202 Grandchildren *as of the end of 2020* like 202 by the end of this year. 

And was so unbelievably confused. 

I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night and clearly my thinking has a delay because of it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 5

@wendy-sparkles I know Duggar data, I love her, I was just wondering what you all think about it, also DD is predicting only the grands I was thinking about anniversaries and potentially great-grandchildren. I fear in an 8-year space we could have like 100 Duggars between everybody. 

• Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

I totally read this as 

They are predicting that the Duggars will end up with 202 Grandchildren *as of the end of 2020* like 202 by the end of this year. 

And was so unbelievably confused. 

I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night and clearly my thinking has a delay because of it. 

I had to have my copy editor husband break it down for me!  Post surgery haze is a real thing.... 2 months post op, even!! ???

• Upvote 2

I think the Duggars just need to go to a birthday month plan. 1 day set aside each month to celebrate those with birthdays in that month. Jana would still have to keep a list of everyone’s birthday and send out reminders. It would be very easy. Since they all meet every Monday night, they could dedicate the first Monday of the month to Birthdays, or the first day of every month? It’s not as if they need to worry about anyone’s work schedule, sports calendar, school events, friends...

• Upvote 17

Apart from Jinger’s baby, Kendra’s gender reveal etc  and whathisname’s courtship/engagement, what is there to look forward to in the next series? 

• Upvote 3

On 10/4/2020 at 9:31 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

Someone who claims to be former IBLP and Jana's former JTTH roommate is in one of the facebook groups doing a tell all (am I allowed to say what group?) and according to her, JB is about control control control. Kinda fits, I mean the man loves his almighty dollar but he seemed perfectly content with his large cult following, headship worshipping family before the show when they were poor, too. 

It doesn't take an insider to know this, it is pretty common knowledge that JB is a control freak of trumpian proportions. 

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Party of daddy sitting on the couch filling out everyone’s ballot.

It is families like this that make me NOT want to support automatic mailing ballots.  You know for a fact that JB, Gil, and others like that will take, at the very least the girls ballots and fill them out for them, or examine each ballots before sealing them in the envelops. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Apart from Jinger’s baby, Kendra’s gender reveal etc  and whathisname’s courtship/engagement, what is there to look forward to in the next series? 

There are several potential courtships we've speculated. At least one of them have to be true... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

There are several potential courtships we've speculated. At least one of them have to be true... 

Yes we snarkers have predicted 10 out of the last four courtships. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 28

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It doesn't take an insider to know this, it is pretty common knowledge that JB is a control freak of trumpian proportions. 

Yeah, I don't think that was truly inside info but it does confirm it, if she indeed is former IBLP. I don't have any reason not to trust her statements, but it is the internet so we can't buy in 100%. Seemed pretty convincing though, seemed to know what she was talking about. Willing to admit when she didn't know some things. Believable overall. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think the Duggars just need to go to a birthday month plan. 1 day set aside each month to celebrate those with birthdays in that month. Jana would still have to keep a list of everyone’s birthday and send out reminders. It would be very easy. Since they all meet every Monday night, they could dedicate the first Monday of the month to Birthdays, or the first day of every month? It’s not as if they need to worry about anyone’s work schedule, sports calendar, school events, friends...

Lots of families do this. With our kids, -in laws, grandkids we have several clusters of birthdays that we celebrate all  together. There’s no way we would be able to celebrate each one individually, even without a mega family. But, then again we all have regular jobs and a life apart from our family.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic