IGNORED

Every Sperm is Sacred: Upcoming Babies 17

Bethella

Brittany (Alexander) and Johnny Ingalls are expecting #2, due August 2nd. Chances are that no one will even mention the birth, though, since they're so private. Maybe the Barry blog will.

That also explains Martha's "7 new cousins this year" from March (Naida, Quentin, Elijah, Sanders #5 and #6, Barry #3, Ingalls #2), so I think it's safe to say that Dorothy will be the last Morton to give birth this year. I guess someone could squeeze in at the very end if they hadn't announced to the family by March.

https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/johnnyandbrittany-ingalls-august-2020-bryceville/1GVU8EEFORKN6

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Breanna & Mark got married the same weekend as my oldest niece, not yet 3 years ago. 

My niece & her husband have just decided to try for a baby next year. They are 27 & 28 years old. They met in college. They were together for 6 years before getting married, since they were doing things like getting educations & Jobs. And traveling = they've been to Europe, Japan, Hawaii & on a road trip across the western US since their wedding. Their plan was to buy a house this year, but that hasn't happened because of COVID-19. They're disappointed, but going with the flow. 

None of that matters except as I compare. Same wedding weekend (I think the Barry's got married Friday, my niece was Saturday) and the Barry's are going to have their THIRD child. 

My niece is going to make an amazing, awesome, wonderful mother but I cannot imagine her having three children right now. Not even in a nightmare. 

• Upvote 9

idk if this is the right place to put this, but i've spent too much time thinking about it so here it goes: my baby name predictions for JinJer:

(Note: these are all predicated on the fact that I think they enjoy "virtue" names, but probably don't want to have an obvious name theme. Also, they are stuffy and obsessed with being "classy.")

1. Alatheia: from the Greek for "truth". Jeremy's obsession with the NT, and with seeming smart, make me think that he will want to pick something that he can say is "from the Greek." Plus, like Felicity, it is 4 syllables and relatively rare.

2. Charis: again, a Greek/Hebrew term that (per Wikipedia) "refers to good will, loving-kindness, favour, and in particular to God's merciful grace." Like Felicity, it has religious connotations, but they aren't as obvious as in some other perennial fundie picks. Jinger also loves to harp on the "God is kind" schtick, so it would tie in nicely with that. 

3. Victoria: a more obvious virtue name. It's a good match for Felicity, but much more common: I've noticed that the Duggars who have chosen rare names for their firsts (Jessa, Jill, Joy) have all gone for much more common names the second time around.

4. Isabella: a nod to Jeremy's iTaLiaN hEriTaGe (!). plus, it apparently means "pledged to God." 

5. Sophia: like Victoria and Isabella, it's more common. It also comes from the Greek for "wisdom" which I think Jeremy would love. I'll admit that I was sure that Felicity was going to be a Sophia or an Isabella though, so I will probably be wrong again.

Middle name: Diane or Diana, in honor of his mom. I don't think double -a names flow well, so for the names I picked that end in -a, I'll guess Diane. Okay, I'm embarrassed that I've spent this much time writing this up lol hope someone finds it entertaining!

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Beyganengvall said:

@Bethella oooh thank you! I’ll post over there.

I’m keeping the list over there. I would just ask you to keep to 3 name guesses. 

• Upvote 2

Grace and Ethan Hammond are expecting their first, judging by Grace’s cover photo on FB. They married last September having only met at the beginning of the year (I think). I don’t know when she’s due, but she’s visibly pregnant and the scan only shows one baby.

Edited by Triplet3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

Grace and Ethan Hammond are expecting their first, judging by Grace’s cover photo on FB. They married last September having only met at the beginning of the year (I think). I don’t know when she’s due, but she’s visibly pregnant and the scan only shows one baby.

Pretty sure this is their registry since Ethan’s fb says they live in Warrenville, SC. It has a due date of July 31st.

https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/grace-hammond-july-2020-warrenville/3R24WOQT5UIBD

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

The Hammers had #6 sometime around the beginning of the year, or possibly at the end of last year.  Assume it is a boy since there is no giant bow on his head.  

89420963_10221721749382209_75303206334234624_o.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

Elliot Rex Maxwell was born the morning of the 19th, 22 inches and over 8 pounds. Chelsy had him at home, and has already posted on her blog about it. The baby looks very chubby and healthy. 

Edited by SolomonFundy
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

I really like the name Elliot and I think it's much better than Axton. But Rex? Rex Max? 

Chelsy looks gorgeous though..

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

The Hammers had #6 sometime around the beginning of the year, or possibly at the end of last year.  Assume it is a boy since there is no giant bow on his head.  

89420963_10221721749382209_75303206334234624_o.jpg

Yeah, we think he was born in January but no confirmation of the date or name yet. 

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

I really like the name Elliot and I think it's much better than Axton. But Rex? Rex Max? 

Chelsy looks gorgeous though..

Rex Frazer was Teri’s father. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

Rex is weird, but at least it's his middle name. I feel like if you want something weird/off kilter, make it a middle name. Much better to be a Henry Wilberforce rather than a Spurgeon Elliot(t?)

Edited by llg1234
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I'm glad they chose a normal name as a first name this time. 

Now I'm wondering, though, if all their kids will have a name with an "x" in them somewhere. 

• Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I'm glad they chose a normal name as a first name this time. 

Now I'm wondering, though, if all their kids will have a name with an "x" in them somewhere. 

Angelina Jolie did that with her boys. MaddoX, PaX, KnoX. I don't usually give a lot of thought to celebrities, but I definitely noticed that. 

• Upvote 4

I don't think I can hear Elliot Rex without thinking Oedipus Rex

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

Martha posted a picture of Dorothy Sanders’ twins. No names or birthdate yet but maybe Noah will post them later. She definitely gave birth in a hospital thankfully. 

edit: from Noah’s Facebook, they were born on the 18th. Carver Deall and Brooker Van

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, albireo said:

He appears to be named Booker, not Brooker.

All I can think is George Washington Carver and Booker T Washington. But Noah and Dorothy seem more the type to name their kids after people who fought for the Confederacy rather than prominent African-American leaders. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Aine said:

All I can think is George Washington Carver and Booker T Washington. But Noah and Dorothy seem more the type to name their kids after people who fought for the Confederacy rather than prominent African-American leaders. ?‍♀️

That was exactly my thoughts. Or let’s get even crazier and say Cory Booker. A dirty liberal who is also black. There’s a Bowers boy named Carver. Curtis Bowers must name his children after great Christian heroes. Therefore I’m sure there are white Christian heroes with the name of Booker and Carver.

• I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That was exactly my thoughts. Or let’s get even crazier and say Cory Booker. A dirty liberal who is also black. There’s a Bowers boy named Carver. Curtis Bowers must name his children after great Christian heroes. Therefore I’m sure there are white Christian heroes with the name of Booker and Carver.

Yeah, I'm sure it's not for George Washington Carver or Booker T. Washington but they also live in the South (Alabama, right?) and with the current political and social zeitgeist that we live in, it seems very weird that they'd pick two names of two of the most well known or recognizable African-American leaders from the post-Civil War period.

• I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Just now, Aine said:

Yeah, I'm sure it's not for George Washington Carver or Booker T. Washington but they also live in the South (Alabama, right?) and with the current political and social zeitgeist that we live in, it seems very weird that they'd pick two names of two of the most well known or recognizable African-American leaders from the post-Civil War period.

So I just tried to look up famous Christians with those names. I’m guessing Carver was named after William Owen Carver. He was a white Christian missionary. But when I looked up any white Christian Bookers, I didn’t find any. Although I did find an NPR article that said in 1920, 99% of people named Booker were black. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So I just tried to look up famous Christians with those names. I’m guessing Carver was named after William Owen Carver. He was a white Christian missionary. But when I looked up any white Christian Bookers, I didn’t find any. Although I did find an NPR article that said in 1920, 99% of people named Booker were black. 

Yeah, it's a fairly common last name for black people in my area of the Deep South and more often than that, it's also a common nickname that some black men go by. I have met at least 5 and know of more who go by "Booker" or "Booker T" even though it's none of their legal first names.

There is Richard Booker - odd, I didn't even have to Google him. About a week ago, he came up in a conversation elsewhere & I was pointed to the link. http://rbooker.com/

I won't even try to guess where the names came from. The first three, all boys, got properly named after historically idolized Christians. Brielle is a mere girl, she probably just got a name Dorothy liked. Or that has some imaginary godly meaning. 

I'm just glad they're boys and apparetnly healthy. Girls don't fare well in their world and health is always top priority with birth. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic