IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 22: Sex Pest and Fam in the Windowless Warehouse

HerNameIsBuffy

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

I love colors and polka dots for kids clothes and sometimes even for myself (okay, I have to admit I have WAY too many polka dot dresses), but these outfits look like clown costumes to me. It's just to much and all those ruffles are the worst IMHO.

I agree. The striped outfits kinda remind me of Loonette the Clown from the Big Comfy Couch!

To be fair, I do like stripes though. I basically grew up in Hannah Anderson striped dresses because they had a good “spin-factor” and lasted long enough to hand down to my sister. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/21/2020 at 3:23 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

I live in New England and discovered Belk through my BFF when she lived in FL and I would visit her.  I love that store and even have a Belk credit card so I can order on-line.  I am very familiar with the Crown and Ivy line-which I love-and have quite a few pieces from it as well as my husband and son.  I think all their private labels (Kim Rogers, New Directions, Saddlebred, Madison, True Craft, Red Camel, Kaari Blue) are all excellent quality and well made and sized.   In fact, when my son graduated from high school in 2014, all his yearbook photo outfits came from Belk.     

Rumor has it that JC Penney is in trouble financially and Belk is interested in buying them out and rebranding JCP stores to Belk if none are in the area.  So Belk could come to New England!  We'll see if that happens.   

I would love that. We have no Belk, honestly we have no major department stores in our area except JC Penney and Boscovs (Sears, Macy's, Bon-Ton have all left). 

• Upvote 3

Just now, princessmahina said:

This is such an odd caption.

I was just coming to post this. It screams passive aggressive to me.

I bet it chaps her ass that her family isn't front and center like they were back in the day. Maryella just got a quick mention and then a change of subject. Just because you forgave your shitty husband doesn't mean everyone else has, Anna.

Edited by llg1234
  • Upvote 35

3 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

This is such an odd caption.

yes it is. why not just start off at, We had a blast.... 

does it mean a lot to your packet?

And is Josh not part of your family? cause i don't see him sweetie?

• Upvote 2

Throw in putting Christ in uppercase and you complete the perfect call to fans. She’s such a Christian, why can’t she lead storylines anymore?

She really can’t see why, as she saw no issue putting a picture of Meredith, the closest in age to Joy at the time of her assault.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

yes it is. why not just start off at, We had a blast.... 

does it mean a lot to your packet?

And is Josh not part of your family? cause i don't see him sweetie?

pay packet i meant to write

It means a lot? what exactly is the great meaning derived from a fleeting appearance on a reality tv show? I guess to be fair to Anna, it is more offensive to have Jim Bob and Michelle on the show than Josh

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

It means a lot? what exactly is the great meaning derived from a fleeting appearance on a reality tv show? I guess to be fair to Anna, it is more offensive to have Jim Bob and Michelle on the show than Josh

I'm not so sure. Anna is beholden to her FIL in order to keep her daughters in matching, trendy dresses. Not to forget, a roof over her head. I don't think Anna is a good liar and would have a hard time disguising any dislike she had for her benefactors.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I'm not so sure. Anna is beholden to her FIL in order to keep her daughters in matching, trendy dresses. Not to forget, a roof over her head. I don't think Anna is a good liar and would have a hard time disguising any dislike she had for her benefactors.

I agree- I think she’s so far into the cult that she believes that it’s them that have been wronged/treated badly. 
This post is a pitch to her humpers- she knows they’ll gush how Christian she is and how her family deserves to be on TV - that’s why she’s limited the comments. She wants an ego stroke and leverage for either a bigger part on TV or some sponsorship deals. She married into TV money and wants her share. While Josh is universally acknowledged as a POS (except by the die hard humpers) I find nothing sweet about Anna. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

marginally but yes 

3 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Sorry it didn't come across well, that comment wasn't serious. Anna clearly feels aggrieved, but would never dream of blaming her unhappiness on the inlaws who failed to get their minor son any form of appropriate treatment.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I agree- I think she’s so far into the cult that she believes that it’s them that have been wronged/treated badly. 
This post is a pitch to her humpers- she knows they’ll gush how Christian she is and how her family deserves to be on TV - that’s why she’s limited the comments. She wants an ego stroke and leverage for either a bigger part on TV or some sponsorship deals. She married into TV money and wants her share. While Josh is universally acknowledged as a POS (except by the die hard humpers) I find nothing sweet about Anna. 

Yes you are right, I do think this is exactly what she is thinking/doing. She does not like not being the star anymore, the first married the first baby, pregnant at the same time mechelle 

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Sorry it didn't come across well, that comment wasn't serious. Anna clearly feels aggrieved, but would never dream of blaming her unhappiness on the inlaws who failed to get their minor son any form of appropriate treatment.

LOL, sarcasm is often hard to read on a message board. ?

• I Agree 2

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yes you are right, I do think this is exactly what she is thinking/doing. She does not like not being the star anymore, the first married the first baby, pregnant at the same time mechelle 

And now Kendra is popping out baby after baby and if she has multiples anytime soon she will give Anna a run for her money.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

I think Anna is somehow afraid of losing her spot in the family, for many years she has been the only one married (and to the golden child no less!) Then was the first to have babies an pregnant with Mechelle at the peak of their fame, then the one with more children, then the only with girls, one she is disgraced by the show, she isn't the only one to have children of both sexes anymore, and she is at risk of losing her spot as the one with more kids since in 3years Kendra has managed to have half of her total. If Kendra keep this pace in a couple of years they will almost have the same number of kids Kendra coils be pregnant with #6 and she will have just give birth to #7, add the possibility of multiple and she is not so special anymore, plus Kendra is young, cute, married to one of the less controversial Jboy, and seems to be loved by the fans 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

So my interpretation is a little different. I get the impression the Duggars are well, boring. I mean I know they are to us and everything is so repetitive because it's been over a decade of being on TV, but I really think all the "fun stuff we love to do" attitude on the show is just for the show. I don't think they have ugly sweater parties, go camping, or hell, even have those big 'girls brunch' type things. These are all relatively normal family things to all of us, but I don't think the duggars have ever done them outside the show, and i'm reasonably confident that the Kellers don't either. Anna joined the Duggar family at their peak, they were doing these fun type things all the time for the show. I think Anna thought they actually did these things anyway. Now that she and her family are off the show they don't get to participate, not because of filming so much as the Duggars don't actually do these things. So being allowed to attend one of the fun thing they do for the show is pretty much the most fun Anna's family gets. I think when they're over at the main house it's no different then being at home because Michelle doesn't help with her kids and now there's not even kids her kids age to entertain them so she can have a break. 

• Upvote 14

3 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

So my interpretation is a little different. I get the impression the Duggars are well, boring. I mean I know they are to us and everything is so repetitive because it's been over a decade of being on TV, but I really think all the "fun stuff we love to do" attitude on the show is just for the show. I don't think they have ugly sweater parties, go camping, or hell, even have those big 'girls brunch' type things. These are all relatively normal family things to all of us, but I don't think the duggars have ever done them outside the show, and i'm reasonably confident that the Kellers don't either. Anna joined the Duggar family at their peak, they were doing these fun type things all the time for the show. I think Anna thought they actually did these things anyway. Now that she and her family are off the show they don't get to participate, not because of filming so much as the Duggars don't actually do these things. So being allowed to attend one of the fun thing they do for the show is pretty much the most fun Anna's family gets. I think when they're over at the main house it's no different then being at home because Michelle doesn't help with her kids and now there's not even kids her kids age to entertain them so she can have a break. 

I have suspected something similar. My husband is one of five (non religious though). Upon getting to know his family and their ways I was shocked how different their lifestyle had been to mine. His mother (and to a lesser extent, father) would definitely count themselves as 'family oriented', had intentionally had a large family, talked up duty and loyalty to the family, etc. My family would probably not have considered themselves 'family people', had had two kids because that is what you do after you get married, and had varied goals including career and personal pursuits. But my childhood was full of camping trips and hikes and outings and beach days. His family did, quite literally, nothing. There were no day trips and one disastrous weekend away that is retold often in family legend.

The bigger the family, the harder it is to do anything and I think you have to really be family-oriented to constantly pull it off. Many people want a big family but then reality hits and they don't actually have the motivation to give those kids as full a life as those in a smaller family.

Add to that that JimBob is cheap and I reckon there would be very little going on that TLC didn't push for.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

Anna's post definitely rubbed me up the wrong way, Josh isn't on the show for a good reason, though I do think they should stop with their stupid attempts to edit him out at family events such as weddings where it is obvious he is attending. She could have said that they are at the ugly sweater party shown tonight on the show and not mentioned all the other stuff. Josh abused his 4 sisters and another person, he then tried to preach morality and family values after he abused his sisters and while going online to seek out women to cheat on his wife with. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

What you say makes a lot of sense. Still, Anna could take the initiative and start organizing some fun activities every now and then.
My family wouldn’t even celebrate a birthday if it wasn’t for me - now, I’m willing to host lunches and afternoon teas and fun family lake days but it doesn’t even need to be much work.  
Anna could get the older girls together for a brunch in a restaurant or a booked boat tour or whatever. They could go to a museum (who am I kidding?) and to a coffee shop for some cake afterwards. They could meet up on the playground, with the mums chatting and the kids having fun with their cousins. They could go to a swimming pool or water park. 
There are just so many options that don’t require more than a phone call and typing the correct address into the navigation system. So instead of complaining, Anna could act like an adult and become active. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I think Anna does try and do fun stuff with her kids- but has to organise and pay for it - there’s no TLC money picking up the tab. Josh always struck me as smug and entitled - I think Anna learned from him. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I think Anna does try and do fun stuff with her kids- but has to organise and pay for it - there’s no TLC money picking up the tab. Josh always struck me as smug and entitled - I think Anna learned from him. 

Even if she does fun things with her own children, she might want to do some fun stuff with other adults, too. And while TLC doesn’t pay for her private outings, I do hope she does have some fun with her older sisters-in-law and other members of they Duggar fam (without having to pay for all of them). 

• WTF 1

22 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Even if she does fun things with her own children, she might want to do some fun stuff with other adults, too. And while TLC doesn’t pay for her private outings, I do hope she does have some fun with her older sisters-in-law and other members of they Duggar fam (without having to pay for all of them). 

Why?  She’s an apologist for a child molester, one with whom she chooses to have more and more babies.

the last thing I can imaging caring about is her social life or happiness.

7 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Anna's post definitely rubbed me up the wrong way, Josh isn't on the show for a good reason, though I do think they should stop with their stupid attempts to edit him out at family events such as weddings where it is obvious he is attending. She could have said that they are at the ugly sweater party shown tonight on the show and not mentioned all the other stuff. Josh abused his 4 sisters and another person, he then tried to preach morality and family values after he abused his sisters and while going online to seek out women to cheat on his wife with. 

Yep - like she still doesn’t get why an admitted sexual predator isn’t welcome on tv.

although he’s a lot more welcome than he should be .... neither he nor his family or parents should be on that shit show at all.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

29 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Why?  She’s an apologist for a child molester, one with whom she chooses to have more and more babies.

the last thing I can imaging caring about is her social life or happiness.

Uhhh, you’re right. I sometimes tend to only see her as yet another victim of the cult, but that’s a wrong perspective. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I think JB supports Anna’s family. If this is true, in a round about way, TLC is footing the bill.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic