IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 22: Sex Pest and Fam in the Windowless Warehouse

HerNameIsBuffy

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Dang, those are pricey! Especially times 3 matchy outfits per post.  Wonder where the $$$ comes from? Or are they gifted? 

They may be gifted by a trunk keeper but I don't know how they manage inventory ? Maybe it's like the leggings one where they give away a l? Also the Duggar girls get VIP early access to all our Rhea Lana sales so they can promote it on their social media so she may get some good deals being able to go before even the workers shop.

I don't begrudge them the early shopping (even though I'm totally jealous.) Anyone around with a decent Instagram following who even looked slightly like a local influencer got to go early this last sale. I saw women with big followings who don't have kids yet shopping for neices and nephews .

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Grace said:

They may be gifted by a trunk keeper but I don't know how they manage inventory ? Maybe it's like the leggings one where they give away a l? Also the Duggar girls get VIP early access to all our Rhea Lana sales so they can promote it on their social media so she may get some good deals being able to go before even the workers shop.

I don't begrudge them the early shopping (even though I'm totally jealous.) Anyone around with a decent Instagram following who even looked slightly like a local influencer got to go early this last sale. I saw women with big followings who don't have kids yet shopping for neices and nephews .

I’d never heard of these sales, looked them up, it looks like a great idea. Especially for people who want nice kids things, can afford to spend a little, but aren’t filthy rich. 

Edited by Mama Mia

On 8/3/2020 at 11:50 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:I think they will have to gravitate toward college/occupational training and jobs where they work for other people out of necessity.

JB has money but that only goes so far and it's not going to support another generation of God knows how many to be able to play at jobs and not actually earn an income.

I am trying to remember where I read something about the fundy isolationist stuff falling apart at gen 2 due to poverty and just need to survive pushes them into the real world.  With the Duggar's having TLC money it could mostly hold that off for gen 2, but gen 3? 

Right now most of the adult Duggars play at life like the BRF - they have things they do and their causes but if they missed showing up at the Royal Car Lot it doesn't affect their standard of living.  Grandkids will be in for a rude awakening when they grow up and realize someone is going to have to figure out how to feed themselves and their families.

Could even be later in this generation as well - Idk how much JB and Michelle are sitting on.

I have read and heard that too. That at some point these people will have to get jobs that are in their words “worldly”. They seem to balk  at any type of government based social assistance. You can only go so long feeding a massive family  chicken etti, and bbq tuna before the money runs out. At some point whether it’s one generation or the other; somebody has to actually work.  Speaking of running out of resources...this is gross to think about but eventually won’t they run out of like minded people to marry? 

• I Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I’d never heard of these sales, looked them up, it looks like a great idea. Especially for people who want nice kids things, can afford to spend a little, but aren’t filthy rich. 

If you have the time and patience to tag your stuff you can make a good chunk selling your old stuff too. I'm still in the "hanging onto everything for hand-me-downs" stage so haven't tried it but I have friends that make hundreds of dollars a couple of times a year at the sales. It's been hit or miss for me buying. Sometimes I've gotten great stuff and sometimes it's been a bust. Probably because I never get to shop early since I don't work it or consign

Edited by Grace
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, SunnySide said:

Speaking of running out of resources...this is gross to think about but eventually won’t they run out of like minded people to marry? 

The Amish have gone several generations intermarrying. Sadly, they have the genetic problems to prove it. I can see the Fundies going this route, especially with the large families.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, SunnySide said:

Speaking of running out of resources...this is gross to think about but eventually won’t they run out of like minded people to marry?

But in US there are tons of fundies. For example Kendra comes from a exactly minded family, Jeremy is a bit different... but there are lots of options out there for fundies to marry. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

The Amish have gone several generations intermarrying. Sadly, they have the genetic problems to prove it. I can see the Fundies going this route, especially with the large families.

They should probably start looking at the Australian Indigenous peoples methods to help avoid some of the inbreeding.  Different countries had different methods (there were about 250 countries in Australia) but there were complex cultural systems for who could marry who (and interestingly it was always forbidden for men to talk to their mother-in-law).  Here is an example from the peoples whose Country was around Alice Springs https://www.aboriginalart.com.au/culture/family.html .

In regards to Fundies in the USA I would suggest that there is probably enough people going in and out of fundiedom to provide sufficient fresh blood.  The Amish are more of a closed system.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

But in US there are tons of fundies. For example Kendra comes from a exactly minded family, Jeremy is a bit different... but there are lots of options out there for fundies to marry. 

Just want to point out for any non-US people that Christian fundamentalism is NOT the norm in the US. These people get lots of airtime but they are not typical of US culture as a whole, which itself is very diverse.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

18 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Just want to point out for any non-US people that Christian fundamentalism is NOT the norm in the US. These people get lots of airtime but they are not typical of US culture as a whole, which itself is very diverse.

I'm sure of that, but being such a big country makes easy for big groups to exist. I think fundies cannot be compared to Amish, because are more diverse and definitely less isolated. Also, there are different levels and shades of fundiness, that enlarges them as a minority. 

• Upvote 3

Fundies in the US also drift in and out of mainstream religious movements, further diversifying the group. I personally know a handful of fundies who were raised Catholic like Jeremy's dad was. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, DalmatianCat said:

Not homemade...the brand is called Matilda Jane and it’s pretty popular with Southern mamas and definitely not cheap. It’s hard to get a good deal even second hand. It’s not quite as popular as it was five years ago, but a lot of little southern girls still wear it (and not just homeschoolers) and big bows. It’s a cultural thing. I’m kind of surprised none of the Duggar girls have gotten into the smocked dresses for their girls yet, because those are also pretty popular down south.

The Busbys buy 5 alike dresses at a time for their quints. It's quite literally the ugliest kids clothes I've seen in a long time. None of it matches, it just looks so Pippi Longstocking to me. But I'm a Yank and think kids clothes should be practical and comfy. No extra ruffles lol

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

The Busbys buy 5 alike dresses at a time for their quints. It's quite literally the ugliest kids clothes I've seen in a long time. None of it matches, it just looks so Pippi Longstocking to me. But I'm a Yank and think kids clothes should be practical and comfy. No extra ruffles lol

Yep not my taste at all. My kid lives in hand me downs and very rarely dresses up. If I was going to have kids in the spotlight my taste is more George Charlotte and Louis than busby and duggar. But I’m also lazy as fuck so it would be the hand me downs covered in paint lol. Free/cheap comfortable. Also royal style and busby style don’t come with spider-man stuff. My kid has to have something Spider-Man on her at all times. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

On 8/10/2020 at 12:39 AM, Audrey2 said:

I'm sure a lot of these kids will eventually leave the quiver. With eleventy million grandkids and JimBob's money eventually running thin I just don't see everyone staying on board. 

Look at how many of Anna's siblings, especially since they didn't grow up with Duggar money, left to be basically "normies". Even out of the straight up Duggars it's not clear all the kids are even Quiverfull. 

Edited by Thumper
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

I love colors and polka dots for kids clothes and sometimes even for myself (okay, I have to admit I have WAY too many polka dot dresses), but these outfits look like clown costumes to me. It's just to much and all those ruffles are the worst IMHO.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

57 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

it's for" where's waldo" kid ?

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

I love colors and polka dots for kids clothes and sometimes even for myself (okay, I have to admit I have WAY too many polka dot dresses), but these outfits look like clown costumes to me. It's just to much and all those ruffles are the worst IMHO.

Guess the young 80s 20-something in me who always loved bright colors and patterns got immediately intrigued with the outfits.  And I have always had a soft spot for polka dots.   But I absolutely see your point about it being over-the-top.  Maybe one ruffle like a peplum style would work better as opposed to multiple ones, and maybe if the ruffles were off the leggings, it would streamline things and make the entire outfit more practical, especially for playtime.       

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2020 at 6:08 PM, Grace said:

If you have the time and patience to tag your stuff you can make a good chunk selling your old stuff too. I'm still in the "hanging onto everything for hand-me-downs" stage so haven't tried it but I have friends that make hundreds of dollars a couple of times a year at the sales. It's been hit or miss for me buying. Sometimes I've gotten great stuff and sometimes it's been a bust. Probably because I never get to shop early since I don't work it or consign

I have friends that sign up to work and always score great deals at the big consignment sales. Unfortunately for me I usually live at least a couple hours away from them, and while I definitely drive to shop I am not driving to work it for early shopping hours. We are pretty picky though and generally only do the trunk/smock consignments vs the big "bring everything" ones. 

I'm in the kids BST world for smocks and specialty brands - and it's insane the kind of money I can make back on my kid's clothes when he outgrows them. I hang on to really special pieces in case I have another or just to hand down to his future kids, but I can usually get a 75% return on his clothes! BST moms are crazy!! ?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

My sister lived in Nashville for a few years and she said the only thing she really misses from down there is Belk. 

There is something off the wall/oddly charming about the outfits. My child would have never allowed me to put any of that on her once she turned about 5 yrs old. They are very impractical & expensive. DD lived in 2nd hand clothes that I got in consignment shops & on ebay. Boys clothes are always harder to find used, at least causal play attire. I would have bought something like this when she was a preschooler to wear to church or to great grandmas. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My sister lived in Nashville for a few years and she said the only thing she really misses from down there is Belk. 

There is something off the wall/oddly charming about the outfits. My child would have never allowed me to put any of that on her once she turned about 5 yrs old. They are very impractical & expensive. DD lived in 2nd hand clothes that I got in consignment shops & on ebay. Boys clothes are always harder to find used, at least causal play attire. I would have bought something like this when she was a preschooler to wear to church or to great grandmas. 

Belk is a staple in my town!!! We aren't into the Matilda Jane style clothes, and I have a boy,  but he wears a TON of their Crown & Ivy line, which is super similar to Vineyard Vines which we also wear a lot of. Kid's clothes are my hobby...haha. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, LillyP said:

Belk is a staple in my town!!! We aren't into the Matilda Jane style clothes, and I have a boy,  but he wears a TON of their Crown & Ivy line, which is super similar to Vineyard Vines which we also wear a lot of. Kid's clothes are my hobby...haha. 

I live in New England and discovered Belk through my BFF when she lived in FL and I would visit her.  I love that store and even have a Belk credit card so I can order on-line.  I am very familiar with the Crown and Ivy line-which I love-and have quite a few pieces from it as well as my husband and son.  I think all their private labels (Kim Rogers, New Directions, Saddlebred, Madison, True Craft, Red Camel, Kaari Blue) are all excellent quality and well made and sized.   In fact, when my son graduated from high school in 2014, all his yearbook photo outfits came from Belk.     

Rumor has it that JC Penney is in trouble financially and Belk is interested in buying them out and rebranding JCP stores to Belk if none are in the area.  So Belk could come to New England!  We'll see if that happens.   

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, LillyP said:

I love putting my son in crown and ivy! (Even thoifh they run small ?) he looks like a pretentious little old man. 

does that mean I’m dressing my son like Jeremy? ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, princessmahina said:

I love putting my son in crown and ivy! (Even thoifh they run small ?) he looks like a pretentious little old man. 

does that mean I’m dressing my son like Jeremy? ?

I don’t have kids, but the little boy crown and ivy clothes are soooo cute! I’ve bought them for a few friends who have boys. I think the difference between those and what Jeremy wears is the crown and ivy stuff is classic and makes a little boy look so handsome whereas Jeremy specifically picks out stuff to make him look good in his eyes which makes him automatically come off as pretentious. I know lots of guys here in the South that wear bow ties and blazers like Jeremy does, but Jeremy just oozes ego and pseudo intelligence which makes anything he wears just look douchey. 

• Haha 3

The Crown & Ivy Shortalls for little boys - are SO CUTE. I had a few outfits like that for my son when he was toddling around (he's 7 now and has opinions). so stinkin' cute. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

So Belk could come to New England! 

Shut the front door! I would love that!

JCP is in trouble as are lots of brick and mortar stores. As much as I'd love a Belk I hope they proceed cautiously. 

And thanks for the ordering online from them tip!

• Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic