IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 22: Sex Pest and Fam in the Windowless Warehouse

HerNameIsBuffy

28 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Being a wife and mother is every woman's most fulfilling job ever, obvs.

again with the eye roll icon needed Ill go with the vomit one. nothing wrong with wife and mother, just that this is their only option 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I look at the lastest Instagram post of Anna and see the girls with the dolls all I can think of is: there could be only 8 years between Mackynzie playing with the doll and having her own baby...

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

How can that child learn to crawl in a soft blanket on a wooden floor? Every time she moves, the blanket will slip.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

So I was an American girl nut many moons ago - that one doll was only released a short time and is definitely worth a lot of money. Must have been Anna's from her younger days or a thrift find maybe? 

• Upvote 4

I recall some of the younger girls going to the American Girl shop to choose dolls. I don’t know if it was on the show or just their social media.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 7/18/2020 at 8:15 AM, CarrotCake said:

When I look at the lastest Instagram post of Anna and see the girls with the dolls all I can think of is: there could be only 8 years between Mackynzie playing with the doll and having her own baby...

And even sadder, only 15 years for "Dithy".  

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

So I was an American girl nut many moons ago - that one doll was only released a short time and is definitely worth a lot of money. Must have been Anna's from her younger days or a thrift find maybe? 

They do look like they could be vintage but American Girl did release at least Samantha a second time. I bought my younger daughter a Samatha doll as her first American girl dolls since I had one (that sadly didn't get saved). That would have been around 2013 or 2014. I think she was retired around the time my younger daughter was born in 2009. I might be a little bit of an American girl nut that lived through her daughters' dolls until they decided they didn't like them anymore. 

• Upvote 3

Meredith's birthday message on Anna's insta: 'You love tea parties, painting & baby dolls, but being born between brothers you also enjoy all the little creatures (frogs, earthworms, beetles, grasshoppers, etc) that most girly-girls run from!'

Nurse, we need a gigantic dose of eye-roll.

What really sticks in my craw - besides the tiresome gendering of all childhood curiosity - is that Mason is born between two sisters and yet it's vanishingly unlikely that Anna will ever publicly praise him for enjoying tea parties or baby dolls.

• Upvote 37
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

And even sadder, only 15 years for "Dithy".  

Oh, you’re right! It’s absolutely insane when you think about it. How Anna can love her children and not protect them from a lifetime of servitude is incomprehensible to me. She believes in the cult, yeah, but still... 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

They do look like they could be vintage but American Girl did release at least Samantha a second time. I bought my younger daughter a Samatha doll as her first American girl dolls since I had one (that sadly didn't get saved). That would have been around 2013 or 2014. I think she was retired around the time my younger daughter was born in 2009. I might be a little bit of an American girl nut that lived through her daughters' dolls until they decided they didn't like them anymore. 

I was reliving my childhood with ours - I had my own collection that they inherited. Saved us a boatload . Cecile was a limited time though, and not at all recently. My oldest DD has the other doll from that set Marie-Grace. When the younger one was interested I looked into getting her that one to match and the eBay prices were insane. 

• Upvote 3

I still have my Molly American Girl Doll (but she looks rough after all these years!) and I got my toddler a bitty baby that she loves. I’m excited for her to get older and use all the beds and accessories I still have saved from when I was a kid. So far, she is really into dolls. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, mstee said:

I still have my Molly American Girl Doll (but she looks rough after all these years!) and I got my toddler a bitty baby that she loves. I’m excited for her to get older and use all the beds and accessories I still have saved from when I was a kid. So far, she is really into dolls. 

When I was little, I also used to be into dolls. My favorite thing was cutting their hair, though, as I apparently didn’t understand they don’t grow back. So my parents now have a couple of semi-bald dolls in their basement storage ? No regrets, however, it was fun! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

When I was little, I also used to be into dolls. My favorite thing was cutting their hair, though, as I apparently didn’t understand they don’t grow back. So my parents now have a couple of semi-bald dolls in their basement storage ? No regrets, however, it was fun! 

Haha! I was really into shampooing my dolls’ hair..........Molly’s hair looks like a woman who has dyed and permed her hair for 60 years 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I doubt Anna had toys in her childhood, not to mention expensive toys. Priscilla had to pray for a pair of sandals, that were finally given by a neighbour as a hand-me-down. She praised God for the miracle, not the neighbour. They lived in a frugality that many people would call misery.

Duggars weren't as poor as Kellers, but neither had toys. Probably not only because the price, but also because the lack of space. When they were finally living in the big house and the 5 youngers were little,  TLC (or Michelle/JB) bought them toys. Fortunately, all granduggars seem to have toys, books and crafts.

• Upvote 15

I know I had a Felicity Doll and my sister had Samantha. The original models. I wish I knew where they were. I feel like my Dad must have them somewhere because he saves everything. My daughter is super into dolls, she's 5 today, she really wanted an American Girl doll but they are so expensive. I got her two of the Target version and she didn't know the difference lol. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

On 7/20/2020 at 10:30 AM, nvmbr02 said:

I might be a little bit of an American girl nut that lived through her daughters' dolls until they decided they didn't like them anymore. 

Totally how I am going to be if I ever have a daughter(or son, idrc) who likes AG dolls. My dolls were a huuuuge part of my older childhood, and I played/collected them well into my early teens. I devoured all the books too, like I really could not get enough haha. My poor Elizabeth doll looks like she's been through the ringer, but my Kit and two girls of today dolls are still in pretty good shape.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Is there a thread for the Kellers? I couldn't find any recent one. Anna's brother got married to Nurie and the pics are super awkward.

26 minutes ago, coffeebean7 said:

Is there a thread for the Kellers? I couldn't find any recent one. Anna's brother got married to Nurie and the pics are super awkward.

The discussion is on the Rodrigues thread

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, coffeebean7 said:

It's in the Rod threads.  They have their own forum, RV full of Grifting.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Watching Susanna’s insta feed, shocks me sometimes because she is so like Anna. It’s weird to catch a glimpse of what Anna could look like if she was not fundie. Anna and Susanna are very pretty women. Susanna takes it up a notch to mainstream attractive and then some. Girl has a hot bod and pretty face and knows how to rock it. (No snark, mostly envy). I’m glad for her. I would rock it too. I wonder if he who shall not be named ever wonders about Susanna compared to Anna? Puke get the brain bleach I can’t believe I thought it, ah well it’s in your brains now. 
I was also thinking how Noelle may be to Mac what Amy was to the duggars... she also looks like her cousin, I hope she never feels the tug of envy for what looks like (through the lenses of social media of course) a very fun and mainstream upbringing her cousin lives. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Watching Susanna’s insta feed, shocks me sometimes because she is so like Anna. It’s weird to catch a glimpse of what Anna could look like if she was not fundie. Anna and Susanna are very pretty women. Susanna takes it up a notch to mainstream attractive and then some. Girl has a hot bod and pretty face and knows how to rock it. (No snark, mostly envy). I’m glad for her. I would rock it too. I wonder if he who shall not be named ever wonders about Susanna compared to Anna? Puke get the brain bleach I can’t believe I thought it, ah well it’s in your brains now. 
I was also thinking how Noelle may be to Mac what Amy was to the duggars... she also looks like her cousin, I hope she never feels the tug of envy for what looks like (through the lenses of social media of course) a very fun and mainstream upbringing her cousin lives. 

I wonder what thoughts swirl through Jill’s mind now regarding Amy. I also wonder if in years, JB said unkind things to his children about Amy and Deanna? Further, would Anna do the same regarding her non-fundie sibs and their kids? 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 8/1/2020 at 7:07 AM, AussieKrissy said:

It’s hard to predict the future, but I highly doubt that Mackenzie is currently envious of Suzanna’s daughter. From her perspective, she gets live at home with mom and dad and siblings and gets to regularly see grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Sure, dad was gone once for a long time and mom cried a lot, but she got to live at Lolli and Pops house and it was pretty fun.

If she even thinks anything about her cousin’s life (besides all the fun they have when they’re together), I’m guessing she feels sorry for her because her mommy and daddy aren’t together anymore, maybe she has to spend every other weekend or a few weeks in the summer with dad, mom has had several boyfriends and at least one other fiancé before the current stepdad. That’s a lot of different people for a little girl to get attached to. Maybe bio dad has had a few girlfriends. Time will tell, but I’m guessing Mackenzie thinks she’s way better off.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

It’s hard to predict the future, but I highly doubt that Mackenzie is currently envious of Suzanna’s daughter. From her perspective, she gets live at home with mom and dad and siblings and gets to regularly see grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Sure, dad was gone once for a long time and mom cried a lot, but she got to live at Lolli and Pops house and it was pretty fun.

If she even thinks anything about her cousin’s life (besides all the fun they have when they’re together), I’m guessing she feels sorry for her because her mommy and daddy aren’t together anymore, maybe she has to spend every other weekend or a few weeks in the summer with dad, mom has had several boyfriends and at least one other fiancé before the current stepdad. That’s a lot of different people for a little girl to get attached to. Maybe bio dad has had a few girlfriends. Time will tell, but I’m guessing Mackenzie thinks she’s way better off.

Possibly, for now.... I think time could change things. 
The only way it may not  is if they totally break Mac and fully indoctrinate (teen/ adult) Mac fully into the cult. 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Possibly, for now.... I think time could change things. 
The only way it may not  is if they totally break Mac and fully indoctrinate (teen/ adult) Mac fully into the cult. 

True...no way to know how they’ll end up.

BUT, while none of the first gen Duggars chose the college path, I can see the Duggar grands starting to attend college in the next decade.

Since Josh has not been allowed any sort of public persona since the scandals no one really knows what’s going on with him, but a part of me thinks he’s the most regretful If the kids about not having a college degree especially as he compares himself to his three BIL who are all working on degrees. He got to go to Washington DC and come home full of knowledge and information that impressed his siblings, and now he’s just living in small-town AR with a high school education while three of his sisters have husbands in college (I know Ben doesn’t appear to have much to show for his schooling, but I think he and Jessa are biding their time and will suddenly post a “SURPRISE! Ben just finished his Masters and is taking a job at XYZ Company” one day). Even though Josh didn’t initially see the value in a degree (not surprisingly really...mom and dad didn’t have one and things had worked out for them), I’m guessing he does now. 
I guess I’m just saying that while it might surprise me, it wouldn’t shock me if Josh is the first parent to push his kids toward college. I can see him wanting Mac to have more options than both he and Anna did.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic