IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 22: Sex Pest and Fam in the Windowless Warehouse

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

True...no way to know how they’ll end up.

BUT, while none of the first gen Duggars chose the college path, I can see the Duggar grands starting to attend college in the next decade.

Since Josh has not been allowed any sort of public persona since the scandals no one really knows what’s going on with him, but a part of me thinks he’s the most regretful If the kids about not having a college degree especially as he compares himself to his three BIL who are all working on degrees. He got to go to Washington DC and come home full of knowledge and information that impressed his siblings, and now he’s just living in small-town AR with a high school education while three of his sisters have husbands in college (I know Ben doesn’t appear to have much to show for his schooling, but I think he and Jessa are biding their time and will suddenly post a “SURPRISE! Ben just finished his Masters and is taking a job at XYZ Company” one day). Even though Josh didn’t initially see the value in a degree (not surprisingly really...mom and dad didn’t have one and things had worked out for them), I’m guessing he does now. 
I guess I’m just saying that while it might surprise me, it wouldn’t shock me if Josh is the first parent to push his kids toward college. I can see him wanting Mac to have more options than both he and Anna did.

You’re thoughts to god’s ears, As the saying goes.... M kids deserve better. 

• I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Regarding the title of this thread and much speculation here, instead of the warehouse, the Arkansas voter registration shows Josh/Anna's address at a house very close to the bunkered Baylor (sp) house that the Duggars took years to renovate and sell. The address is not the same as the one with the house over to the west of everyone, that was fixed up and where Josh/Anna moved upon their return to Arkansas after the short DC stint. I wonder if the voter registration address is old, or if the house is maybe in their name, or perhaps they actually live there?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

now he’s just living in small-town AR with a high school education

Not even close.   He was taught by Michelle at the SOTDRT.  If he has an education equivalent to even a very low ranked high school I'll be more shocked than by anything else about this family.

Even if she was an adequate teacher, which I cannot imagine, they didn't read.  High school involves literature and reading in other subjects and being exposed to different ideas and writing styles and constructing well thought out essays and learning how to apply critical thinking to the information you consume.

With none of that they are far worse off educationally than any high school graduate.

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

Regarding the title of this thread and much speculation here, instead of the warehouse, the Arkansas voter registration shows Josh/Anna's address at a house very close to the bunkered Baylor (sp) house that the Duggars took years to renovate and sell. The address is not the same as the one with the house over to the west of everyone, that was fixed up and where Josh/Anna moved upon their return to Arkansas after the short DC stint. I wonder if the voter registration address is old, or if the house is maybe in their name, or perhaps they actually live there?

When I've moved I've always forgotten to change my voter's reg addy until I remember when the election is coming up.  Idk if it's the case, but if they are in the same voting precinct they may not have changed it. 

16 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

BUT, while none of the first gen Duggars chose the college path, I can see the Duggar grands starting to attend college in the next decade.

I think they will have to gravitate toward college/occupational training and jobs where they work for other people out of necessity.

JB has money but that only goes so far and it's not going to support another generation of God knows how many to be able to play at jobs and not actually earn an income.

I am trying to remember where I read something about the fundy isolationist stuff falling apart at gen 2 due to poverty and just need to survive pushes them into the real world.  With the Duggar's having TLC money it could mostly hold that off for gen 2, but gen 3? 

Right now most of the adult Duggars play at life like the BRF - they have things they do and their causes but if they missed showing up at the Royal Car Lot it doesn't affect their standard of living.  Grandkids will be in for a rude awakening when they grow up and realize someone is going to have to figure out how to feed themselves and their families.

Could even be later in this generation as well - Idk how much JB and Michelle are sitting on.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I’d love to hold out hope for the M kids, but I remember Josh’s online profile (don’t remember if it was the Ashley Madison one or Ok Cupid?) that said he basically didn’t believe in needing consent from women. The rest of it was mild with wanting baths or whatever but that one belief stood out. With Anna being such a believer and having spent so much time with JB and Michelle, I have little hope for those kids. I have higher hopes for Jessa’s kids with Ben attending college and even Jinger’s since I think Jeremy will decide on private school for appearances. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 7
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk how much JB and Michelle are sitting on.

I completely agree that it’s going to fall apart for the second generation. 

I’m guessing JB and M have enough for the second gen IF the kids are wise about investing and spending. I doubt that’ll happen with every single kid. It’s more realistic that all but maybe a couple of them will need to join the real world eventually. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

I completely agree that it’s going to fall apart for the second generation. 

I’m guessing JB and M have enough for the second gen IF the kids are wise about investing and spending. I doubt that’ll happen with every single kid. It’s more realistic that all but maybe a couple of them will need to join the real world eventually. 

And why do JB and M delude themselves into thinking that living debt free without ever having held a family supporting job is even doable? They couldn’t and didn’t do it, so how could it be possible for their kids? Dollars to donuts, JB and M obtained their first home in the same manor that their kids have, from a handout. All on their own, JB and M were able to have 16 children and afford a 3 bedroom starter home. If not for their unique family composition, they would never be where they are today. They got lucky, plain and simple. No one is impressed or enamored by this stunt anymore, so it will not translate to all their kids duplicating the odd success. Didn’t TLC or F-8 end up negotiating  the Completion and furnishing of the TTH? JB’s success is built on his freak level fecundity and willingness to stick his hand out for freebies, and despite all his Jesus speak, he apparently has zero shame or integrity.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

I think that Jill's kids have the highest probability of going to college, then Jinger's and maybe Jessa's and JD's and only after that the M kids. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I would put Joy and Austin's kids a little ahead of the M kids in terms of going to college, especially if we are taking trade and vocational schools. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 8/3/2020 at 8:29 PM, SassyPants said:

And why do JB and M delude themselves into thinking that living debt free without ever having held a family supporting job is even doable? They couldn’t and didn’t do it, so how could it be possible for their kids? Dollars to donuts, JB and M obtained their first home in the same manor that their kids have, from a handout. All on their own, JB and M were able to have 16 children and afford a 3 bedroom starter home. If not for their unique family composition, they would never be where they are today. They got lucky, plain and simple. No one is impressed or enamored by this stunt anymore, so it will not translate to all their kids duplicating the odd success. Didn’t TLC or F-8 end up negotiating  the Completion and furnishing of the TTH? JB’s success is built on his freak level fecundity and willingness to stick his hand out for freebies, and despite all his Jesus speak, he apparently has zero shame or integrity.

I remember when TLC first premiered the show, there were blogs explaining that most Quiverfull live hand-to-mouth in near poverty. The irony is the Duggars don’t try to get government help (Medicaid, etc) but instead depend on the exploitation of their children. Then they call it god. It’s a terrible example for struggling families whose blame themselves for not being able to support their families.

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

56 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I remember when TLC first premiered the show, there were blogs explaining that most Quiverfull live hand-to-mouth in near poverty. The irony is the Duggars don’t try to get government help (Medicaid, etc) but instead depend on the exploitation of their children. Then they call it god. It’s a terrible example for struggling families whose blame themselves for not being able to support their families.

Even worse when you severely limit education and growth opportunities, isolate the children from adults other than yourselves, and drill into their heads that working outside the home (or for a business other than your own) is a grave sin. It’s like magical thinking. I am sure Dereck was like Jill, we can’t have eleventy kids and no means of support. And, OMG, the highest level math you were taught was division? No Jill, If you put the P in the V without a wrap, you might get PG. When he woke up from his brain fog, I wonder if he thought, “holy hell, what did I do”?

• Upvote 16
  • Love 2

Wow, Maryella looks SO much like her Waller cousins!

Mackynzie’s (took me a minute to remember the spelling) layering is definitely weird because it seems so unnecessary. I‘m sorry to say I really hope it’s not because of J*sh. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Those braids are wonderful. Mackenzie only needs a dragon and she'll be the Kaleshi of Arkansas!

Jokes aside, Anna is dressing her daughters in a very specific style, doesn't she? They used regular dresses in the past. Now, they are always pictured in homemade (?) patchwork dresses. It's a cute version of frumpers. In addition, they are always with dolls, girly crafts, babysitting etc. I know fundies reinforce sexism, but it's particulary evident with Anna. In the past, Mackwnzie and Michael were a team, now boys and girls are separated.

I wonder what happens in Anna's mind. Is any of the girls (or the girls in their extended family) a tomboy and she's encouraging an absolute *girlyness*? Has Mackenzie showed rebellion or actual dreams out of being a wife and mother? Who knows... But think the outfits, looks and activities are driven by Anna and her goal is extra adoctrination. 

3 minutes ago, Marionette said:

Wow, Maryella looks SO much like her Waller cousins!

Mackynzie’s (took me a minute to remember the spelling) layering is definitely weird because it seems so unnecessary. I‘m sorry to say I really hope it’s not because of J*sh. 

You can see the extra layers in many fundie families. They feel godlier this way.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I think Anna is curating her perfect fundie family image in homage to her hero Michelle- reinforced gender roles and ‘I’m more modest than you’ outfits. She of course ignores the elephant in the room - Josh.

That said, the girls look healthy and happy unlike the poor Rodrigues little ones. While the older Duggar sisters are easing the restrictions a bit Anna is digging her heels in. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Jokes aside, Anna is dressing her daughters in a very specific style, doesn't she? They used regular dresses in the past. Now, they are always pictured in homemade (?) patchwork dresses. It's a cute version of frumpers. 

Not homemade...the brand is called Matilda Jane and it’s pretty popular with Southern mamas and definitely not cheap. It’s hard to get a good deal even second hand. It’s not quite as popular as it was five years ago, but a lot of little southern girls still wear it (and not just homeschoolers) and big bows. It’s a cultural thing. I’m kind of surprised none of the Duggar girls have gotten into the smocked dresses for their girls yet, because those are also pretty popular down south.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Not homemade...the brand is called Matilda Jane and it’s pretty popular with Southern mamas and definitely not cheap. It’s hard to get a good deal even second hand. It’s not quite as popular as it was five years ago, but a lot of little southern girls still wear it (and not just homeschoolers) and big bows. It’s a cultural thing. I’m kind of surprised none of the Duggar girls have gotten into the smocked dresses for their girls yet, because those are also pretty popular down south.

god, I just had a look at the website and it all looks a hot mess to me. Each to their own but ruffles on ruffles on ruffles! Ruffles on jeggings! Ruffles on khaki! Not to mention the pattern mixing.

Clearly not for me, but I'm kind of fascinated by it now!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Jokes aside, Anna is dressing her daughters in a very specific style, doesn't she? They used regular dresses in the past. Now, they are always pictured in homemade (?) patchwork dresses. It's a cute version of frumpers. In addition, they are always with dolls, girly crafts, babysitting etc. I know fundies reinforce sexism, but it's particulary evident with Anna. In the past, Mackwnzie and Michael were a team, now boys and girls are separated. 

My guess is that after the Josh scandals, Anna decided (subconsciously, I assume) to not leave the cult but dive even deeper into her faith. She was already raised in a fundamentalist home and now that she’s gone through tough times in her adult life, she’s turning her home into an even more radical one. So her adherence to gender norms takes on a crazy level and her modesty standards are over the top. 

Additionally, Anna has witnessed some of her siblings leaving their cult despite their super strict upbringing. Maybe she hopes to keep her own kids in the fold by being even stricter than her parents were? Whatever her reasoning might be, I feel so sorry for her children. 

Regarding your other point: I cannot tell if the dresses Anna’s girls wear are home made or not. But if they are, why not use a little extra fabric and cover up those sinful collar bones? Why would they still need extra layers for modesty? 

• Upvote 8

54 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Why would they still need extra layers for modesty? 

Because they need to emphasise it- if you just had a modest neckline nobody would notice or care. I’m sure Anna thinks the undershirts and leggings make people appreciate her commitment to feminine modesty. Unfortunately it also makes people think her husband can’t be trusted. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

The T-shirts and leggings the girls are made to wear under their dresses are so unnecessary. It’s the same as wearing longjohns under a summer dress. I notice the boys don’t have to wear longjohns. 

• Upvote 9

On 8/3/2020 at 12:45 PM, mstee said:

I’d love to hold out hope for the M kids, but I remember Josh’s online profile (don’t remember if it was the Ashley Madison one or Ok Cupid?) that said he basically didn’t believe in needing consent from women. The rest of it was mild with wanting baths or whatever but that one belief stood out. With Anna being such a believer and having spent so much time with JB and Michelle, I have little hope for those kids. I have higher hopes for Jessa’s kids with Ben attending college and even Jinger’s since I think Jeremy will decide on private school for appearances. 

Jeremy will decide on private Christian school--an elite one--for his spawn. He will probably have a hard time keeping now more than one and probably more to go in those elite schools without anything approaching a good con-job scheme/ministry but if they can JinJer will keep it up and keep their kids in elite Christian schools. Probably out of LA because, really, they aren't impressing the folks there (or maybe not, what do I know about?) ButIMHO it won't be an  elite Christian school in LA--just don't believe they can sustain what they are doing there now--but some elite Christian school in bumfuck...wherever they wind up.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Because they need to emphasise it- if you just had a modest neckline nobody would notice or care. I’m sure Anna thinks the undershirts and leggings make people appreciate her commitment to feminine modesty. Unfortunately it also makes people think her husband can’t be trusted. 

Because they need to emphasize it...which is the exact opposite of being modest. To dress modestly, IMO, means that you would NOT want to draw attention to your clothing so that others would NOT be drawn to look at your body.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10

I definitely think Anna has doubled down on her beliefs and is a Michelle wannabe. I do imagine she is afraid of her siblings leaving the fold and since her parents don't shun the wayward siblings that does set an unspoken for her children. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

She’s back shilling make up on her instagram story. I think she’s the one keeping the family finances going at the moment. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

god, I just had a look at the website and it all looks a hot mess to me. Each to their own but ruffles on ruffles on ruffles! Ruffles on jeggings! Ruffles on khaki! Not to mention the pattern mixing.

Clearly not for me, but I'm kind of fascinated by it now!

I HATE the style but from the outfits I've handled at friends' houses the qualify of the fabric is amazing. It is so freaking soft but at the same time the fabric is really thick and sturdy. And with the high resale I would probably consider a few pieces if it was a look I liked for my kids 

• Upvote 4

On 8/7/2020 at 10:38 AM, DalmatianCat said:

Dang, those are pricey! Especially times 3 matchy outfits per post.  Wonder where the $$$ comes from? Or are they gifted? 

I think Jessa, Josiah and JD’s kids might have the best shot at pursuing whatever interests them as far as careers. To a degree, of course. But I could see any of those couples encouraging both boys and girls to go to Community College ( or some Christian version of that ) and possibly further. I could see any of them also being okay with vocational training or working in construction. 

Austin&Joy and Jinger & Jeremy I think might be restrictive in opposite ways. Both sets of couples seem happy in the type of lives they have, and will be happy with the kind of kids who fit those lives and share their interests- but I can’t picture JinJer being thrilled with a kid who only wanted to wrench on trucks and bounce loudly off the walls. I could see them trying to channel that energy into sports - but they seem like they’d really want to push more refined career choices on kids.

Similarly Joy and Austin might be challenged by a fastidious, bookish child who wants a professional job. Hopefully both sets of parents are adaptable, but I don’t think it’s uncommon for even non-fundie parents to want a “fit” with their kid, and be challenged by a child with a different set of interests, goals and personality type. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic