IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 22: Sex Pest and Fam in the Windowless Warehouse

HerNameIsBuffy

On 9/8/2020 at 4:02 AM, OyToTheVey said:

I think I'm the only one that thinks the nose picking is kinda cute. If you can't have a nose picking picture at 3 when can you have it? 

I find it cute, too, but I think the fact Anna’s sharing it with a huge number of followers is the problem here. Snapping such a cute nose picking pic and keeping in in the family’s photo albums shouldn’t be any problem. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@AussieKrissy this is the post where Anna is being whiny about not being on TV much. 

Oh thanks. Yes. I remember now. I thought she must have done a new one 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Do you have an estimate of how many have good results? I haven't heard or read to much on good results. Mostly the repeat offenders. 

I don't have access to any direct numbers as I work with the program through referrals. I'm a juvenile probation officer and we refer our sexual offenders to the program. In 2020, thus far, I have had 5 sexual offenders on my caseload and 4 successfully completed, 1 re-offended. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

While I would never give money to the Duggars (or Bateseseseses) I have to admit that I would totally buy a Tell All book by Anna or Derrick (or Jill and so on).

I would if the money went to getting Anna OUT. Like if she lays it all out there and "can't" go back to the family bosom - I might help out. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I think that post doesn't sound like she misses being on TV so much as being included in everything.  Like when they're all standing around talking about something that they're planning and Josh or Anna says something about how it sounds like fun, I'm sure there's an awkward moment where JB or Michelle is like "Oh...we're filming" with the implied "so you can't come".  I feel like that happens pretty regularly.

• Upvote 15

19 minutes ago, donnal said:

I think that post doesn't sound like she misses being on TV so much as being included in everything.  Like when they're all standing around talking about something that they're planning and Josh or Anna says something about how it sounds like fun, I'm sure there's an awkward moment where JB or Michelle is like "Oh...we're filming" with the implied "so you can't come".  I feel like that happens pretty regularly.

If this is true, perhaps Anna and Josh will learn that actions have consequences.  If you choose to live by the sword of performative Christian virtue, you will die by it if you ever screw up. JB and Michelle apparently decided to choose the TLC cash rather than forgiving and forgetting Josh's adult sexual sins. A&J will keep getting their feelings hurt until they accept the facts on the ground. 

If you are right, Anna and Josh must be extraordinarily stupid to keep hinting around that they want back on the show. They could always strike off on their own if they don't like being relegated to hangers-on status. 

Edited by FiveAcres
grammar
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

If this is true, perhaps Anna and Josh will learn that actions have consequences.  If you choose to live by the sword of performative Christian virtue, you will die by it if you ever screw up. JB and Michelle apparently decided to choose the TLC cash rather than forgiving and forgetting Josh's adult sexual sins. A&J will keep getting their feelings hurt until they accept the facts on the ground. 

If you are right, Anna and Josh must be extraordinarily stupid to keep hinting around that they want back on the show. They could always strike off on their own if they don't like being relegated to hangers-on status. 

Unfortunately, JB’s approach makes it very, very difficult for people to just “move on.” His boys are especially hosed because in their belief system the male is tasked with providing for the family. If you have, at best, a 6th grade education and no work ethic and JB is dangling homes, money, cars, babysitting...well, the odds are really stacked against you. I’ve always thought the first thing all these couples should do is use birth control. So, you’ve limited the number you have to care for, or at the very least, control when they come. Next, everyone needs an education and some marketable skills. You go from there. Derick has done this, and of course JB sees those behaviors as a threat, so of course, he cuts the Dillards off.

What JB did to that entire family is criminal. 
Having money hosed those kids even more. Look at the Bates. There is no pile of daddy money, so when you marry, you have to work. Working builds independence, friendships and helps foster critical thinking skills. You get exposed to more than just “daddy think”.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 9/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, Vivi_music said:

When I see pics of McKenzie (or however they spell it) nowadays, I really don't understand Anna's choice to stay.

I seriously would not be comfortable having a young girl that age in the same household if I knew what my spouse had done in his past.

I feel like we need to be careful with this line of thinking. Josh is scum 100%, but we have ZERO indication that Mackenzie or any of his daughters are at risk. Josh was a minor himself when he molested his victims. Anything in his adult life was directed towards age appropriate women. 

Words and their definitions matter. 

• Upvote 20
  • Downvote 4
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

Anna got used to being on TV and also seemed to love the attention she was getting after she moved to Washington and started mixing with politician's through Josh's job. When scandal one was exposed that all came crashing down for them both, she then just had a baby and discovered he Josh had cheated on her in a very public way, I don't think she ever really gave her time to deal with what happened herself, when Josh was away, she lived with Jim Bob and Michelle and all the children and then got pregnant twice again since then. She feels hard done by no longer being on the show and with Josh's reputation in tatters, she feels hard done by but is taking it out on the wrong people. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Josh is on Daddy’s payroll.  The rest of the cash earned from TLC (I would venture to say) is in a trust that is invested where ever JB deems appropriate & the latest litigation against Josh can not seize.  

JB is a lot of things I am not thrilled about but he is frugal as hell with the dollar.  I would not be surprised if he consults with someone like Dave Ramsey  for advice.  JB probably has every last dollar made from the show.  I would guess the kids are given an allowance, as appropriate, to keep them from writing the tell all, and remain loyal to the clan.

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, viii said:

I feel like we need to be careful with this line of thinking. Josh is scum 100%, but we have ZERO indication that Mackenzie or any of his daughters are at risk. Josh was a minor himself when he molested his victims. Anything in his adult life was directed towards age appropriate women. 

Yes words and definitions matter.  He may have been a minor but he wasn’t a child and his victims were 5, 8, 9, and 11 (I don’t know nor will I speculate on the age of the other victim.)

He was a teenager and his victims were prepubescent.  This wasn’t similarly aged kids playing doctor.

No one is speculating on any current sexual abuse.  But to say they would feel uncomfortable with a child the same age as his  victims is common sense to me, I also don’t think he has any business being in close contact with any child.  

I certainly hope he hasn’t reoffended and there are no facts to indicate that he has.  But given that it’s a crime kept secret by many perpetrators and their victims you have no idea, nor does anyone else, if everything in his adult life was age appropriate.

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes words and definitions matter.  He may have been a minor but he wasn’t a child and his victims were 5, 8, 9, and 11 (I don’t know nor will I speculate on the age of the other victim.)

He was a teenager and his victims were prepubescent.  This wasn’t similarly aged kids playing doctor.

No one is speculating on any current sexual abuse.  But to say they would feel uncomfortable with a child the same age as his  victims is common sense to me, I also don’t think he has any business being in close contact with any child.  

I certainly hope he hasn’t reoffended and there are no facts to indicate that he has.  But given that it’s a crime kept secret by many perpetrators and their victims you have no idea, nor does anyone else, if everything in his adult life was age appropriate.

I agree with you on most of these points, but I don't think it's appropriate to speculate about molestation towards Duggar children. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

So where does Josh go during filming, upstairs to the prayer closet?

I always wonder that. I figure he has an x marked on the floor where everyone is. He is not to leave that x and they know not to film that area. It’s so staged if it is. I dunno how I would feel as a mother, I would not want my kids to miss out but I would feel like a hypocrite appearing knowing my husband is hiding off camera. I would be very conflicted. To be fair I would only be conflicted if I had fully forgiven him, trusted him and wanted to be with him. But hey this is turd ball, perhaps Anna rejoices in the fact she has some “legitimate” excuses to be away from him. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, viii said:

I actually agree with you that we have no indication that Josh committed any sexual offense on minors since he became an adult. I also think it is incorrect and irresponsible when people call Josh a pedophile, because we are in no way able to give such a diagnosis on a online forum.

I simply tried to put myself in Anna's situation and imagine being the Mom in that context. I actually don't have kids yet. But if I was Anna and learned that my partner had committed sexual assaults on younger victims, even if he has not reoffended since, well my trust would be completly broken. That little voice in my head would always be there. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm incredulous that Anna doesn't have that little voice inside or that she is able to mute it like she does.

• Upvote 18

5 hours ago, viii said:

This may be true, but for me personally any person with that kind of history I would not allow my child alone with. I am extremely cautious who I allow my child to spend time with anyway. 
I work with sex offenders (adult) I have done for nearly half my life. I can honestly say that for me the only cure is death for an adult sex offender. Studies are starting to show that too. Chemical castration etc does not work. Intensive programs don’t work. Actually allows them to network better with other sec offenders. The only thing that will save our children is these bastards never getting out of Gaol and child education. Teaching your child how not to become a victim. Being open and honest with them age appropriate as they grow. My child is allowed to make body choices for herself. She does not have to hug kiss or be hugged or kissed by people she doesn’t like/want too. She knows her private parts are just for her. But I have told her that any part of her body is a private part if she doesn’t want to be touched. I have taught her to listen to her “tummy” aka instincts that If something is making her feel bad she is allowed to leave, to tell me and I will always listen and believe. I go through who all her “safe” people are people she can trust if she can’t talk to me. I know this is not full proof. But from my experience child predators are predators and will look for a child that they can groom. If they get a sense this child will kick and scream and or tell on them. Hopefully my child will be spared. It makes me sick to think they then move on to someone else. I honestly hate child sex offenders. Josh may have been a child himself but he was close enough to an adult for me to go and one victim was five. Phhhmmm  no pass for me. Ever. Ashley Madison his only scandal? I would be like meh whatever. Just an arsehole. 
Edited to add. Josh’s children will have none of those teachings (most probably) because the duggars believe it the girls fault for tempting. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He may have been a minor but he wasn’t a child and his victims were 5, 8, 9, and 11

I do wonder what he thinks, now that his own children are in that age range.  Does he think about it at all?  If a "curious" 14 or 15 year old uncle did the same thing to his kids that he did to young girls.  I don't mean this snarky--I really do wonder.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I always wonder that. I figure he has an x marked on the floor where everyone is. He is not to leave that x and they know not to film that area. It’s so staged if it is. I dunno how I would feel as a mother, I would not want my kids to miss out but I would feel like a hypocrite appearing knowing my husband is hiding off camera. I would be very conflicted. To be fair I would only be conflicted if I had fully forgiven him, trusted him and wanted to be with him. But hey this is turd ball, perhaps Anna rejoices in the fact she has some “legitimate” excuses to be away from him. 

I would assume that he goes back to the former guest house where they live now - but that would leave him without an accountability partner. I wonder if he’s ever allowed to be alone? 

I don’t think Anna feels like a hypocrite. She probably doesn’t think that deeply. And I still think that she genuinely loves Josh.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I completely agree. Also, Josh was never seen and treated by a qualified doctor. So we don't know if he's okay and neither does Josh or his family because he was never evaluated nor treated. I really hope he hasn't reoffended. I don't care what Josh says, or his family, I care what a qualified doctor says.   

• Upvote 10

10 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

And I still think that she genuinely loves Josh.

100% agree with this. I think Anna is still blindly infatuated with Josh and still genuinely believes she did the right thing by staying with him. The kool-aid is real. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I don’t think Anna feels like a hypocrite. She probably doesn’t think that deeply. And I still think that she genuinely loves Josh.

i agree.

• Upvote 4

My hope is for Jenny to write it.  She has/had a guinea pig and a desire to become a vet, so she's the one I'd most like to see break free.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic